• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 1,467 Views, 51 Comments

A Filly and Her Wolf - Teotle



Twilight find themselves with a new friend who may not be who he appears to be.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,467

What is a bully?

The next day, after the princesses let Teotle stay in ponyville, He and Nyx were at the tree house with the Cutiemark Crusaders. They were all having a meeting on how Sweetebelle, Scootaloo, and Appelbloom were going to get their own cutiemarks.

They had some ideals, such as building, styling, being nurses, even fire fighters. Some seamed ok, but others, they already tried, were too simple, or seamed too dangerous. Eventually, they adjourned the meeting and went to the park.

They were kicking a kickball, that Twilight had gotten Teotle, and playing filly in the middle. Scootaloo was in the middle while the others were kicking the ball to eachother, trying not to let her get it. Nyx passed the ball to Teotle, who kicked the ball a little too hard and shot it up in then air over Sweetiebelle's head.

The ball bounced down the park way and landed next to two fillies that they knew all too well. The ball was picked up by Diamond Tiara with Silver Spoon, who looked less than pleased to see Cutiemark Crusaders having fun.

Teotle ran up to them, smiled, and said, "Thank you for catching our ball."

"Your ball?" Asked Diamond Tiara, raising an eyebrow.

"I think you man our ball." Said Silver Spoon.

"Hey!" Shouted Nyx. "You can't take that. That's his."

"As if, Nightmare Moon." Diamond Tiara laughed under her breath. "What would a mutt need a ball for?"

"Teotle isn't a mutt!" Applebloom protested.

"Oh my gosh!" Said Silver Spoon. "You named this thing?"

"I'm not a thing." Teotle said softly.

"Oh yeah?" Asked Diamond Tiara. "If your not a thing, then you'd be smart enough to get your ball back."

Diamond Tiara threw the ball up into a tree. It stuck to the highest branch and stayed there. She and Silver Spoon turned their back's to Teotle and began walking away.

"Good luck getting it down, mutt." Said Diamond Tiara, laughing as they walked down the path back to town.

Scootaloo grunted and said, "Those rotten little..."

Teotle put his paw on Scootaloo's back to calm her down. "Why do they do that?" He asked.

"Because their bullies." Said Sweetiebelle.

"Bullies?" Teotle asked.

"You know, bullies." Applebloom commented. "They pick on others."

"Why?" Teotle asked.

"Because they can." Answered Twist.

"That's not a reason." Teotle protested. "That's like saying water is wet because it's a liquid."

The fillies looked at him in wonder. What did he mean by that? It didn't make sense to them.

"What are you saying?" Asked Nyx.

"Anyone can choose to be a bully." Said Teotle. "That doesn't mean they should. So, why are they bullies?"

The fillies were dumbfounded. They didn't know the answer.

"Does it matter?" Asked Scootaloo. "They called you and Nyx names and got your ball stuck in a tree."

"Did they?" Asked Teotle.

Just then, the ball levitated in front of them, surrounded by a blue magical fire. The ball dropped in Teotle's paws.

He passed it to Nyx and said, "They only have power over you if you let them."

The others looked back at the ball, then back at Teotle.

"I want to know what makes them do that." Teotle said.

"How?" Asked Twist.

"Wait here." Said Teotle. I'll be right back."

Teotle turned to the direction that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon went and began to track them down. When he finally found them, he followed them, occasionally hiding at the first sign of being discovered.

Eventually, after a few blocks, they stopped. Diamond Tiara then shouted, "Get out here, mutt!"

Teotle knew he was caught. He stepped out of hiding and asked, "How long have you known I was there?"

"Long enough to know how creepy you are." Diamond Tiara replied.

"Wait, you were following us?" Asked Silver Spoon.

Diamond Tiara glanced back at Silver Spoon in annoyance, then back at Teotle.

"Why are you following us?" Diamond Tiara demanded. "Shouldn't you and those blank flanks be getting your ball out of the tree?"

"I got it back down. I thought you said it was your ball anyway." Teotle said with a playful grin.

Diamond Tiara gritted her teeth and said, "What would a mutt like you know about it?"

"It tells me that your way of thinking is inconsistent." Said Teotle. " You two bully other, and I want to know why. You say things and then you contradict yourself by saying something else."

"So?" Diamond Tiara snapped.

"Your trying to cover something else up." Teotle said. "I can feel it. Something troubles you."

"Why's that?" Diamond Tiara asked "What could I possibly be hiding?"

"First off, you're getting angry when I make my point." Teotle answered. "Second, the only thing I can tell, is that it has something to do at home. Your family, perhaps?"

Diamond Tiara's jaw dropped. She tried to recover her ground by saying weakly, "That's not true. But lets just say if it were, how would you know that?"

Teotle gave a sigh and said, "Because I have trouble's back at home, outside of Equestria's borders."

"Really?" Asked a snooty voice, coming from behind Teotle.

Diamond Tiara's face suddenly went from angry to frightened. When Teotle looked behind him, he saw a mare with a muddy sand colored coat and light purple eyes and a white and light blue main. It was Diamond Tiara's mother, Mrs Spoiled Rich

"And what trouble might you be having?" Spoiled Rich asked with a glare.

Teotle was silent. he didn't know what to say, weather it be about how he was sent away from home, or the fact that he's being hunted by his family.

Soiled Rich scoffed and said, "That's what I thought. You know? Diamond Tiara is right. You are a mutt."

She walked passed Teotle, flicking him in the face with her tail and walking toward her daughter and asked her, "Why do you waste time debating with his kind and those blank flanks about our family? A mare of quality must never associate with the commoners.

His kind? Commoners? A mare of quality? Bank flanks? The words echoed in Teotles mind for a long moment, until it finally hit him. He now knew what the problem was."

"Its you." He whispered.

Spoiled Rich turned back at him and snared, "What did you say?"

"You're what she fears." Teotle explained. "What you said is what convinced me."

"Convinced you at what?" Soiled Rich asked, speaking in a tone to try to intimidate Teotle.

"I'm convinced that you're why she picks on others." He said. "You think and act as if your a princess, and what's worst, you try to make Diamond Tiara follow in your footsteps, to be as bitter as you."

Ponies who were walking by had stopped to listen to the conversation. eventually they were gathering in groups.

Spoiled Rich looked around in a panic, but she quickly regained her composure and said, "I refuse to be lectured by vermin about how to raise my child. Come ,girls, we're leaving."

Spoiled Rich lead Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon out of the crowd. and they made there way down the street.