• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 1,467 Views, 51 Comments

A Filly and Her Wolf - Teotle



Twilight find themselves with a new friend who may not be who he appears to be.

  • ...
3
 51
 1,467

A Trip to the Blacksmith

Deathkiss and her daughter, Fracture, were in their training room, sparring with each other. They have been doing extra time in the ring for the past few days. When they stopped to take a break, Fracture asked, "Mother, what is the point of training extra hours in the day? you know I can kill Brimstone easily."

"Yes, I know." Deathkiss answered. "But you aren't just fighting him, you are also fighting Teotle."

"You know what?" Fracture asked. "I saw him outside when he returned, and I must say, he's groan to be kind of cute."

Deathkiss raised an eyebrow and asked, "What are you getting at, child?"

Fracture said, "Well, maybe I'll have fun with him after I take out Brimstone. Maybe break his bones like I did with our brother, Ulcer. I would do the same to them both, but Brimstone is a bit too stressful to restrain."

"Do what you wish once you've ensured victory." Deathkiss insisted. "But be warned, don't let your pursuit for pleasure cloud your sense of danger. Brimstone is very proud of his dominance over others, and won't likely let you take it away."

"Yes, mother." Said Fracture, taking a sip from a glass of water. "I didn't really have that much fun with Ulcer anyway. That round ball of fur was a little too much for me to enjoy, and he screamed so loud too."

"Spare me the reminder, dear." Deathkiss pleaded. "I was there to see it. Shall we continue training?"

Meanwhile

Sister Frost had listened intently to Teotle as he whispered his plan to her ear.

"Teotle?" She said, "How did you know to...?"

"Don't worry about that now." Said Teotle. "All we have to do is train for the fight."

"But what about your friends?" Frost asked.

Teotle was silent for a while, then he said, "If this works, the princesses can kill Shadowflame, once and for all. After that, they'll be safe."

Frost took a deep breath and said, "Well, before training, we need to forge your weapon. The weapons in here are rusted and too dull to use."

Teotle said, "Sounds easy enough." He tried to use his transfiguration spell to forge a weapon, but his mother only shook her head.

"You can't make a weapon like that for the battle to come." She said. "The enemy will only reverse the spell with their own magic. We need to make a weapon the traditional way, and enchant it so it can't be broken."

Frost then walked over to the exit door, knocked to let the guards in. "Yes mistress?" Asked one of the guards.

"We need to go see the blacksmith." Frost answered.

The guards nodded their heads and escorted her and Teotle to the forging room, where the blacksmith, a brown and gold wolf, was working on his most recent project. When he turned around and saw Teotle, He smiled and said, "Well, would you look at this. The missing child of our master returns and has come to visit my workshop."

"Hello, Ironeye." Frost greeted.

"And your ladyship, how nice to finally meet you too. Ironeye said, kissng Frost's paw. "What may I do for you today?"

"My son needs his own weapon forged for the fight." Frost answered. "The weapons in the training room are too inadequate."

"Aw yes, I remember." Ironeye sighed. "When you sent him away to Equestria, those training weapons were left to collect dust. But I know you wanted him to be safe, so I wont hold it against you."

Frost gave a sign of relief and said, "Thank you."

"My pleasure, he's a good lad." Ironeye smiled. "Alright, lets get started. Teotle, come here and let me teach you how to craft a weapon that will not only kick butt, but also win you the fight."

Teotle walked over to the blacksmith and watched as he put a long iron ingot into the forge.

"Now, boy, listen closely. When I forge a weapon, I need three things, (1) a design that suit the client's stature, (2) the right metal, to make the design as strong as possible, and (3) temperatures of 1500 degrees."

Ironeye then began to push down on an air blower that was hooked up to the bottom of the forge to increase the temperature just right. When the iron ingot was ready, he told Teotle to pull it out with his metal hand and place it onto the anvil.

"Now, take the hammer, and begin to shape your weapon." Ironeye said, giving Teotle a heavy duty hammer. "Just make sure that you place the weapon back into the forge before it begins to cool down. After its ready, we'll quench it in oil."

Teotle worked for hours shaping the iron into his weapon, occasionally reheating it when it cooled down. When he finally had it shaped right, Iron eye prepared his oil tank. Teotle dunked the weapon into the oil and watched as fire and steam burst from its heat.

"Very good." Ironeye said, patting Teotle on the back. "Now lets sharpen it."

Iron eye set Teotle down into a stool by the sharpening wheel. Teotle began to use the peddle to make the wheel spin. When it was fast enough, he ground his weapon to a fine sharp edge. he polished it, getting the grit and rough parts off so it would look shiny and new. When he was done, Iron eye gave an approving nod

"Now its time for the finishing touches." Iron eye said, pulling out some lumber for the handle. Teotle carved into the lumber with his claws and made it so i would fit the grip of his paws. He then put it onto the weapon handle and wrapped it around with red and black fabric. He then painted the blade a glossy red and drew a black paw print on it. The completed weapon was a long curved sword, with a red and black handle.

Ironeye inspected it top to bottom for any flaws. When he was done, he said, "This is almost perfect, it just needs one thing." He then pulled out a wooden box from the cabinet and opened it up. He pulled out a blue pearl and stuck it onto the bottom of the handle for decoration.

"Now that's a sword." He finished, giving Teotle a thumbs up.

Author's Note:

warning, please do not forge a weapon without professional supervision. I may have misinterpreted the method to forging a real weapon. Safety first.