• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 412 Views, 11 Comments

Resurgence - DouglasTrotter



A defeated foe, now revived, seeks vengence on Equestria and those that call it home.

  • ...
 11
 412

Loyalty

*** *** ***

"How precious. Those three look so adorable," A mare said before she waved her hoof at the three ponies inside the basked. The equine smiled at the mare who sat near the basket. After a final wave, the earth pony mare walked along the train car's carpet to her seat.

Trees whizzed by the window. A clear day remained as the sun hung overhead, still frozen at its apex in the sky. Ponies went about their business in an attempt to ignore the events of the two nightless days.

"I swear I'll get you for this, bug --" Scootaloo said, a pacifier shoved into her mouth. Her eyes locked onto the mare in front of her who chuckled in return. "..."

The mare snickered to herself. She rocked the basket in front of her back and forth. A slight grin came across her face. Her hoof waved at the passengers. She leaned in closer to the ponies inside, "Remember you little foals, my name is Primrose. Unless you want to fail, we have to work together."

Apple Bloom shook her head as she lay inside the basket with Scootaloo to her left and Sweetie Belle to her right. She tugged on her small cloth cap and drew the strings taut. "How embarrassin'. If Diamond Tiara finds out we did this, we'll be the laughin' stock of Ponyville. We better reach our destination quick."

"Embarrassing? How about me? Rarity is going to kill me when she finds out I took her bit purse to pay for this trip." Sweetie Belle said.

An elderly stallion tapped a gentle cloth against his head, drying the sweat that came from his forehead. Fillies and their chaperone walked by in matching one piece swimsuits. Another short statured filly galloped behind the group with a pool toy in her mouth.

The heavy metal train wheels screeched against the metal track as the locomotive rounded a curb. The bright sunlight reflected off the train car windows. Outside, a small dot grew in the distant horizon. Clouds hung overhead. Bolts of lightning zapped a tall building with a large metal sphere on top.

A clinking sound resonated in the ears of the train car passengers as rain pelted against it. One pony groaned before she shoved two wads of cotton from her pillow into her ears, and then gave a delighted smirk.

"What's up with Las Pegasus? I thought this was the place of 'lights' and stuff." Scootaloo said in a hushed tone. She gazed out the window. Her eyes widened. "Rainbow Dash. She's up there."

"Quiet you little -- I mean... does my little foal need some milk." the disguised changeling said to the three fillies. She waved at the mare and filly who walked by her and the basket. "You'll ruin everything if you don't keep your little mouths shut. Also, will you remind me as to why we went after this pony first? Shouldn't we just go after 'Princess' Twilight Sparkle and be done with it?"

Scootaloo booped Queen Chrysalis on her nose before letting out a slight giggle. She snickered, along with her friends as the deposed ruler blushed.

"I will destroy you when this is done." The disguised changeling said.

"Don't forget. Sweetie Belle can put that collar back on ya, if ya decide to betray us." Apple Bloom said in a hushed voice.

"Next Stop! Las Pegasus!" The conductor said in a boisterous tone. The stallion walked down the green carpet. He repeated his statement in each train car that he entered.

*** *** ***

The wind howled. Rain poured into the streets. Dark clouds hung overhead with bolts of lightning striking the tallest tower in Las Pegasus while the rain glistened in the dim light of the ornate lamps placed along the street. Ponies galloped by, pushing past one another.

Inside the train station, three sets of curious eyes glanced around the area from the safety of the basket. One set of eyes widened, its owner pointing her hoof towards a wall.

Sweetie Belle placed both hooves over her mouth. Her eyes gazed at the wanted posters in front of her.

"Wanted for subterfuge and crimes against King Sombra. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Aegis are hereby charged as enemies of the state. 10,000 Bit Reward per Filly. 50,000 bit bonus offered for all four at once."

"Ma'am?" A stallion said as he stood behind a counter.

"I'm sorry. My little ones are just so fascinated with Las Pegasus. O my, pardon me. My name is Primrose." Queen Chrysalis said, disguising her voice. She batted her eyelashes at the stallion. "Sorry, this rain is just so dreadful. Could you help us out."

The stallion smiled at the mare. "I'd clear it up, but we need the clouds and rain to keep things cool around here. We've got our own, earmarked air conditioner, or so the higher ups have said."

"And who are these 'higher-ups' that you speak of?" Primrose said, leaning closer to the guard.

The guard's eyes flashed red. He snorted at her. "None of your business, you grey old mare. Get outta here before I have you thrown in jail."

"But why throw me in jail? I'm just asking questions. My. Little. Stallion." The disguised changeling said.

"Keep it up, and it'll make it easier for me to throw you in jail ya old coot." The guard said.

The disguised changeling gritted her teeth. She yelped. Queen Chrysalis looked over to see Apple Bloom grabbing onto her long mane, giving a watery eyed look.

"You've upset my child, you rude stallion. Hmph," she said before trotting off. Queen Chrysalis leaned in close, "Do that again, and I'll turn you in myself and face the consequences. I'm not playing mommy here."

"You make such a great 'mom,' Primrose. " Scootaloo said, ending with a high pitched squeal.

"You're getting way too into this," Sweetie Belle said in a hushed tone.

"Might as well have some fun while we're at it." Scootaloo said.

Queen Chrysalis placed a firm hoof on her forehead, dragging it down to her lips. She pushed open the doors to the train station. Underneath the glass canopy, the group looked up to the heavy rains. Bolts of lightning continued to rocket forth from the sky and strike the metal orb. The group let out a sigh as ponies pushed passed one another, filing into a casino.

Scootaloo pointed towards the sky just as a rainbow like streak flew by. Her eyes lit up, but found herself restrained by Apple Bloom. The pegasus filly placed her hooves together, pleading with her friend. In the end, she nodded and remained still in the basket.

Minutes ticked by as the disguised changeling pushed the basket forward.

Inside Casino De Pinion, Queen Chrysalis crept towards the counter. She shivered while the water dripped from her soaked wings.

"You poor thing," the attendant said. She levitated several towels toward the drenched changeling. "This rain is just horrible."

"I'm Primrose, and these are my little ones. We were looking for a room to stay the night in." The disguised changeling said. She levitated several bits out of the bag beneath the basket. "Twenty bits should do it."

"I'm sorry, but just for a regular room we need one hundred bits." the attendant said.

"I think thirty bits will suffice," Primrose said, her eyes glowing in a soft green light. "We'll take the VIP room."

The attendant smiled. She nodded, and a set of keys floated toward the disguised changeling. In a calm voice the mare said to the group, "Enjoy your stay at Casino De Pinion."

*** *** ***

"Geez Apple Bloom, when's the last time you took a bath." Scootaloo said, waving a hoof in front of her face.

"We're not on holiday you little foals." The disguised changeling said. Her eyes darted about in the hallway before placing the key in the lock. She wheeled the basket inside, and gave the hallway one last peek. "I got the VIP room so we won't be bothered."

Sweetie Belle hopped out of the basket, followed by her two friends. She stretched her hooves then removed her bonnet. The filly glanced at Queen Chrysalis, "What happened down there anyway? Was that some kind of spell?"

"I have my own secrets, but let's say that the attendant down stairs knows better than to cross me." Queen Chrysalis said.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo dried off near the fire, Queen Chrysalis soon sitting beside them. After a few moments, the deposed changeling ruler levitated a towel from the bathroom and placed it around herself. Apple Bloom flopped onto the bed, her yawn resonating throughout the room. Another log thrown on the fire, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo joined their friend.

In a disconcerted tone, Apple Bloom said, "I guess we've got our work cut out for us. Where's Chrysalis?"

"Bubble Bath." Sweetie Belle said, ending with a sigh. She pointed towards the bathroom where a slight song came from. "And she's the one who said 'we're not on holiday.'"

Apple Bloom snickered to herself before she leapt off the bed. She walked toward the large basket. From underneath it, she pulled out the map gifted to her by Zecora. Her eyes scanned each portion of the map after unfurling it onto the glass table near the sofa. Several pops and cracks came from the fire as she continued to scrutinize the map.

"It ain't good, crusaders. Looks like Nightmare Star sent them all over Equestria. I'm just glad Zecora put some kind of spell on the map to show us whose cutie marks we're dealin with right now." Apple Bloom said. Several glowing symbols hovered above the map of Equestria. The filly touched the lightning cloud mark, and the magical map zoomed in on Las Pegasus. After a sigh, Apple Bloom furled the object up and placed it back into the bag underneath the basket. She hung her head. The filly crept toward the bed, laid down, and rested her head on top of her hooves. Her hoof grasped the tissue levitated towards her by Sweetie Belle. "Thanks. Ah just... wish Ah knew what we were supposed to do right now. How are three fillies supposed to take care of a mess this big?"

Scootaloo stood up. She ripped the sheets off the bed with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle rolling onto the shag carpet. Her hooves tied the two ends around her neck, and she jumped off the bed. The filly pointed a stern hoof towards her friend, "We don't give in. We don't give up. We never quit. We're the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

"Will you idiots knock it off and let me enjoy a small bit of luxury." Queen Chrysalis said.

A knock reverberated in the room. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle bolted underneath the bed. The door to the bathroom opened. Queen Chrysalis assumed her pegasus form, wrapping a towel around her body. She opened the door, glanced outside, and resumed her previous form.

"I'm going back to my bath. You three can deal with Luminescence." Queen Chrysalis said, the door closing to the bathroom.

"Luminescence?" The three fillies said.

The attendant from downstairs poked her head underneath the bed. Green Flames erupted around her. In front of the three fillies stood a slender changeling just shy of Queen Chrysalis's height. The mare bowed to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo before resuming her prior form.

"My Queen?" Luminescence said.

"Talk to them." Queen Chrysalis said.

Luminescence looked at the three fillies, and then back to the bathroom. She bowed at the door then turned towards the small group.

"Weird. I thought the only changeling to look like Chrysy was Chrysy." Scootaloo said.

The changeling in front of the fillies placed a quick hoof over her mouth. Two green eyes peered through the crack of the bathroom before the door closed.

"Chrysy," Luminescence snickered.

"We don't mind if you want to be a changeling right now." Apple Bloom said.

"Thank you. It takes quite a bit of energy to disguise ourselves. My husband is the only one to know of my true form beyond Queen Chrysalis." The changeling said, assuming her real form. She towered above the fillies. Luminescence glanced into the hallway, and then locked the door. Her eyes relaxed as they met the three fillies in front of her. "'Sweetie Belle' was it? I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about him. He's a reclusive stallion, and I fear if his name were to be divulged, it would cause us problems. Besides, we need to get down to business. The longer I stay, the more I'll arouse the manager's suspicions."

Apple Bloom nodded to Luminescence. She pulled the map out of the basket and unfurled it on the table. "Rarity is in Appleloosa; Applejack is in Manehatten; Pinkie Pie is in Baltimare; Fluttershy is in Rainbow Falls; and it looks like Rainbow Dash is here in Las Pegasus."

"What about Twilight?" Sweetie Belle said.

"I'm not sure. The map shows her cutie mark popping up all over the place. Twilight might teleporting all over Equestria trying to find us and her friends." Apple Bloom said. She turned towards the changeling near the table, "Anyways, Lu-min-ess-in-since?"

"You can shorten it to Lumi." The changeling said.

"Ok, Lumi." Apple Bloom smiled. She looked at Queen Chrysalis who stepped out of the bathroom, and then shook her head. The filly placed her hoof over Rainbow Dash's cutie mark, and a small map of the city appeared. The section grew larger with the athletic pony's emblem hovering over it.

Luminescence rubbed a misshapen hoof under her chin, and then squinted at the map. The changeling stood up. "Looks like your friend might be in the Starlight, Starbright hotel. It's run by the sister of my boss."

The small group chatted with one another while Queen Chrysalis relaxed on the sofa. The changeling queen sipped on some tea brought in with the foodcart by Luminescence. Tense moments passed with the discussion going back and forth. A final sigh escaped the Luminescence's lips.

"I will pull what strings I can to get all of you into the hotel, along with our ruler. I'm sorry I cannot assist you any further, but, as said, I do not want to place my husband in jeopardy." Luminescence said. She bowed to Queen Chrysalis. The changeling stopped as the deposed changeling ruler floated over towards her. Hushed words followed, and then ceased. Luminescence resumed her earth pony form. "Once I obtain the tickets for the show, they will be sent to you immediately."

Scootaloo grinned at the disguised changeling before she left. Sweetie Belle cocked her head at Queen Chrysalis who stared at her in return.

"Is she broken?" Queen Chrysalis said.

"Why did Luminescence thank you." Sweetie Belle said.

Queen Chrysalis crept toward the sofa. She gazed out the window. Her slight smile reflected off the glass window as she gazed at the dim lights below that illuminated the city. In a saddened tone, the deposed changeling ruler sighed before she turned toward the three fillies. "Appearance are not always what they appear to be," Queen Chrysalis lowered her head into her hooves, "My changeling, how you have grown."

Scootaloo crept forward, "Are you crying?"

"Come closer and find out." Queen Chrysalis said as she raised her head, smirking at the filly. Her eyes widened. The changeling yawned. "Stupid bubble baths relax me too much. Do not forget our bargain you three nuisances. I assist you in retrieving those six ponies, and all of you will take care of King Sombra, Nightmare Moon, and their lackies while returning my changelings to me."

Queen Chrysalis yawned a second time. She took a final sip of tea before placing the cup back onto the saucer. Her eyes crept open and closed several times before she rested her head on top of her misshapen hooves.

The fire crackled in the fireplace. The lights inside the room went dim. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo grabbed their spots on the bed.

"Better get some sleep while we can. I have a bad feeling about this mission." Scootaloo said. Her tired eyes glanced at the small clock on the drawer near the bed. "I'll just rest... for a. Little Bit."

The clock's short hand moved forward four notches before a heavy knock came to the front door. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Queen Chrysalis opened their eyes. The three fillies darted underneath the bed while the changeling assumed her disguise. Tense moments ticked by before the door opened. Rain landed on the windows outside, lightning flashing.

"Do you have the tickets?" Queen Chrysalis said, breathing a sigh of relief. She grabbed the tickets, nodded to Luminescence, and then closed the door. "Ok. We have the tickets for the show. Luminescence says these will get us access to the hallway that leads to the roof."

"Why not just fly up?" Scootaloo said. Three sets of eyes turned towards the filly before she placed a firm hoof over her forehead. "Right, right. If we get seen, we get caught. Did that stupid map say exactly where Rainbow Dash is in that place?"

Apple Bloom pulled out the map, skimming over each part. "Yea, it looks like the roof top, but it's weird."

"Enough. The longer we wait, the stronger King Sombra gets." Queen Chrysalis said. She pointed towards the basket, receiving three groans from the fillies before the hopped inside. "I don't enjoy this any more than you do."

"Why are you smiling then?" Scootaloo said.

"I don't enjoy it, but I didn't say anything about it not being amusing." Queen Chrysalis snickered. She glanced around the room, and then went into the hallway. The wheels on the basket dug into the carpet. Her slight smile reflected off Luminescence's eyes when she reached the entrance. She waved a hoof at the attendant, giving a final nod. After speaking in a few inaudible clicks, Queen Chrysalis faced the doors to the hotel. "Let's go see a show," she let out a quiet groan, "my little ones."

With the attendant giving a final nod to the disguised pony, she bid the group goodbye and good luck before they entered into the pouring rain.

*** *** ***

Quick hooves darted down the street. The basket's wheels groaned and whined in the rain. A sparkling sign came into view. The star on the sign displayed a spotlight in the middle that brightened the pathway into the hotel.

Once inside, Queen Chrysalis looked about. She rolled the basket towards the elevator. The disguised changeling batted her eyes at the stallion sitting in the corner.

"Floor fifteen. Watch your step," The stallion said, tipping his hat to the disguised pony.

Several tables littered the area. Candle light flickered, illuminating the stallions and mares near the tables. Ponies whistled and cheered at the mare on stage. A mare in a skirt trotted by each table where she collected several bits, placing drinks on the table. The band in the corner continued to play.

"Tickets?" A pony said, glaring at the disguised changeling. He lowered his glasses, and then pushed them against his face. The stallion nodded, and his hoof pulled on the curtain. "Enjoy the show."

"I will." The disguised changeling ruler said, blowing a kiss towards the stallion who remained unphased. She glanced around the small hallway. "Ok, it's clear. The maintenance area is over here with the elevator."

The group peered around the corner. They crept forward and proceeded inside, surreptitiously moving by a sleeping old pony with a janitor's cap on. Scootaloo fidgeted inside the elevator, eliciting several strange gazes from the others around her.

The elevator dinged. The doors opened.

"Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo yelled as she darted outside into the rain storm. Her eyes darted about. She grinned. "Rainbow Dash!"

"Squirt?" The athletic pony said before she floated to the ground. A slight tear crawled down her cheek before she pushed the filly away. Rainbow Dash hung her head, rain dripping off her rainbow colored mane. "Why did you come after a failure like me?"

"What do you ya mean why? It's what you would have done for me." Scootaloo said, gazing at the pony in front of her. "Come on, we gotta get the others back together. We have to stop King Sombra and Nightmare Star."

"I failed ya, kid. Nightmare Star... she's too much for any of us." Rainbow Dash said. She looked away from Scootaloo, turning away from the group. "I thought egghead was full of horse-feathers when she said some nonsense about an 'unstoppable' thing meeting an 'immovable' item, or whatever it's called. Now I see what she was talking above. Nightmare Star is a force of nature that can't be stopped."

Scootaloo leapt toward Rainbow Dash, pushing her against the roof. "That's not the pony I look up to. Who are you!"

"Deal with it, squirt. I failed. You better find a safe hiding spot." Rainbow Dash said. She glanced at the sky above her, "Now I see what Princess Luna was talking about."

Apple Bloom pulled Scootaloo away. She materialized her armor. Her ethereal shield phased through Rainbow Dash, and then dissipated. "Thought it might have what happened to Zecora, but ah was wrong. You're just a coward. Should have gone with Fluttershy over you. She'll take care of Nightmare Star with one hoof tied behind her back."

"Whatever, I got work to do anyways. This city won't stay cool without me." Rainbow Dash said.

"And you want to join the wonderbolts. They won't let cowards in like you. I bet you can't even do a Sonic Rainboom anymore." Sweetie Belle said as she stepped forward.

"Enough." Scootaloo said, materializing her armor. She glanced over her shoulder towards her friends, and then approached Rainbow Dash. The rain dripped from her mane. Her strong hoof pressed against Rainbow Dash, "I challenge you to a race. You win, we'll leave you alone and never bother you again."

"And if you win?" Rainbow Dash said, a faint bit of light coming from her cutie mark. "What do you win if I lose. If that could even happen."

"You come with us, but you also have to forfeit all your signed, limited edition Daring Doo books." Scootaloo said. Her ethereal wing shot out. She steadied herself, "You gonna wuss out on me?"

Rainbow Dash furrowed her brow. "Just start the timer. I'll race around this city in ten seconds flat."

Apple Bloom outlined the rules, once around the outer circle of Las Pegasus and back to the tower. She raised her hoof. It barely neared the wet roof beneath her before the two ponies took off, leaving a crest of water behind them.

"I won't go easy on you, squirt!" Rainbow Dash said, pulling into the lead. She glanced behind her and smile, and then her jaw dropped. "What!"

"You call this fast?! I call it a stroll." Scootaloo said, powering forward.

The two ponies raced neck and neck. Rainbow Dash rose into the air. She raced forward. Both equines continued their battle with buildings and lights flying by. They whipped by a metal tower, a lightning bolt striking it. The final turn came.

"Help!" Scootaloo said thunderous bolt of lightning struck a nearby lightning rod. Her armor vanished. She fell to the ground. The filly closed her eyes. In a quiet voice she said, "Rainbow Dash..."

The athletic pony stopped. Rainbow Dash's eyes brightened. Her cutie mark flashed in a brilliant light. She rocketed toward the ground, scooped up Scootaloo, and flew toward the Starlight, Starbright hotel rooftop. She held the filly in her hooves while she sat on wet roof.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle galloped toward their friend. Scootaloo gave a heavy cough to her idol who smiled in return.

"I failed ya for a second time, squirt. I'm such an idiot. Racing around in a storm like this is something even the Wonderbolts are told to never do." Rainbow Dash said. She hung her head, but raised it to see Scootaloo placing a gentle hoof on her cheek. "Sorry."

"Who won?" Scootaloo said.

"Doesn't matter. Just glad my friend is safe." Rainbow Dash said. She wrapped her hooves around the filly that leapt at her. "Ok squirt, enough mushy stuff."

The brief moment was cut short with several beams of light peeking through the clouds. Behind the group, the elevator doors opened. A short statured mare trotted towards the athletic pony and pointed a swift hoof at the clouds.

"You're a pegasus, aren't ya. Do it yourself!" Rainbow Dash said, ripping off her jacket then flinging it towards the mayor. "Ok, squirt. We're we headed?"

The mayor removed the jacket. Her eyes flashed in a deep red color before she spoke in a heavy, growling voice that overshadowed the rain. "I see my precious star is flawed. Whatever. You little foals can enjoy your reprieve. Just remember your faces are known, and my seeds are flourishing throughout your once 'precious,' peaceful land."

Rainbow Dash pointed a swift hoof at the pony, "Bring it! We'll snuff out a star if we have to keep Equestria safe you poor excuse for a shadow."

"And what of you, my faithful servant? Have you turned against me?" The mayor of Las Pegasus said before she went silent.

"Little excessive there, Chrysalis." Rainbow Dash said.

"I put her to sleep. Besides, I'm sick of listening to that stallion's prattle." Queen Chrysalis said.

With the unconscious mayor dragged inside the elevator, Rainbow Dash hit the button and darted back outside.

Queen Chrysalis waved her hoof at the group, and then pointed it at the casino down the street. After the group nodded to her, the changeling resumed her disguise.

*** *** ***

"So. Let me get this straight. You three are... 'with' bug breath? You do remember she tried to take away Twilight's brother and imprisoned Princess Cadence." Rainbow Dash said.

"Ain't got no choice. It's not like we can roam around without causing suspicion." Apple Bloom said.

"And now she's enjoying a bubble bath? This is going to be one looonnngggg day." Rainbow Dash said, placing a firm hoof on her forehead then sliding it down. She gazed out the window to see small beams of light growing as the sun's rays penetrated the protection of the clouds. "What was I thinking? Those clouds will just make thing ten times worse," Rainbow Dash sighed then looked toward the group, "but we have bigger issues. Where are we going to next?"

Apple Bloom pulled out the map. She glanced over each section of Equestria. The filly placed her hoof over Rarity's cutie mark.

Sweetie Belle nodded to her friend, mouthing a quiet "thank you" to her. "We'll need to get my big sis next."

"With Twilight's cutie mark bouncing all over the map, I guess we have to go for the closest one. Still, why Rarity?" Rainbow Dash said. She looked at Scootaloo who sat beside her. "Ok, ok. You three are runnin the show here. Once queen bug breath finishes her bath, we'll hit the -- bahahaha!!"

"It's not funny." Scootaloo said as she went toward the basket. "Not like we had a choice in the matter."

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle laughed at Scootaloo, alongside Rainbow Dash. The door to the bathroom cracked open before it closed just as silently.

"My queen, why not join in their revelry." Luminescence said. She placed a cup of tea on the table near the bath. "From the bottom of my heart, I'm --"

"No. Do not speak of it. You know my ruling." Queen Chrysalis said as she sunk into the tub. She glanced over at the changeling near her side, watching the misshapen pony's tears hit the ground. "Do you regret it, my subject?"

Luminescence shook her head. "Every day that goes by, it fills me with more than I could have hoped for in this world when I made that choice. Each day is a blessing."

"Then there is nothing to speak of, and you know your punishment." Queen Chrysalis said.

The changeling queen rinsed herself off and hopped out of the tub. She opened the door and placed a hoof over her mouth. Her eyes watched Scootaloo dart around the room, terrorized by Rainbow Dash.

"Thanks for all the help, Luminescence. We really appreciate it." Apple Bloom said, receiving a smile in return. She cleared her throat. "Ok, we'll rest up for a bit and try to catch the next train out of here to Appleloosa and nab Rarity."

Rainbow Dash nodded to the group. "I said I would hang back, but no risky stuff like flying in thunderstorms. The others would have my flank."

"Deal." Scootaloo said.

As the group slumbered, Queen Chrysalis gazed out the window of Las Pegasus towards the North. The lights below reflected off her green eyes. She turned toward the group, and then rested her head on top of her misshapen hooves. A tear crawled down her cheek, "How can they be so jovial? It sickens me."