• Published 9th Nov 2015
  • 7,738 Views, 155 Comments

My Zodiac - xd77



Celestia finds an abandoned pegasus colt baby and adopts him

  • ...
15
 155
 7,738

Chapter 15: The Changeling Kingdom

Zodiac had already gotten used to meeting his new group of friends and was now on the verge of getting to meet other species of these creatures that he had befriended, and it all was starting with Ocellus taking him to the Changeling Kingdom to see how changelings did in their days and all that good stuff. Anyway, Zodiac was flapping his wings really hard and doing his best to keep up with Ocellus because she was a bit of a faster flyer than him and her home was the first choice of where he wanted to go since he wanted to see the lands beyond Equestria.

As Zodiac finally got a boost of speed and caught up beside Ocellus, the Changeling Kingdom stood just over the horizon surrounded by trees and a beautiful tranquilizer field with nice green grass and flowers of all kinds surrounding what looked like a half destroyed nest. Zodiac and Ocellus landed on the cliff that sat towards the entrance, Zodiac was surprised at how really good they were at taking care of this place.

"Wow Ocellus, you all really take a lot of pride and hard work to make this place spick and span." he said.

"Yeah." she said as they jumped off the cliff and walked towards the entrance.

"So has it always been like this?" Zodiac asked.

"Well not exactly, we used to have another ruler who was wicked and very corrupt, her name was Queen Chrysalis."

"What did she look like?"

"Well she was black with holes in her legs, ripped green wings, a green mane and tail, and had a small crown on her head; of course, that what the changelings used to look like too. And because she was wicked and corrupt, we were forced to obey her every command and we fed off of love, but when Thorax found all the love he had when he went to the Crystal Empire because of a baby alicorn being there, he discovered a way to actually share love and therefore he reformed and his wings sparkled because he shared love."

"Wow, so how did he become the new leader?"

"I'll let Thorax tell the rest because we're almost at the entrance."

As if right on cue, the entrance to the Changeling Kingdom was in front of their vision and they walked inside, after following Ocellus through a few tunnels and stairs and exhaustion, they were at the top of the old hive where they were surrounded by even more beauty of green plants and flowers, and changelings flying all around them.

"Talk about epic." Zodiac answered, "I think it's going to be a good day finally going to see new places and with special permission from my mother."

"Yeah, I figured you'd like it." Ocellus said as they walked.

With all the changelings flying, flowers, green plants, and chattering surrounding Zodiac, he couldn't have felt any happier, even though he was going to spend the entire day with creatures he had never seen or met before. But not all the changeling were small and had diamonds on their necks, because at the center of the hive, sitting in a throne chair was Thorax and beside him, his brother Pharynx.

"Hi, Thorax!" screamed Ocellus, surprised by the sudden greeting, he and Pharynx turned to see Ocellus and Zodiac approaching them warmly.

"Hi Ocellus." Thorax said as he walked up to her and hugged her. "What a surprise to see you back here today."

Thorax then turned his attention to Zodiac, "and who might you be?"

"Thorax, this is Princess Celestia's son Zodiac, he is a new student at the School of Friendship along with a human named Nathan who is the son of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor."

"Well, I must say Zodiac, it sure is pleasure to meet you, welcome to the Changeling Kingdom." he said.

"Thank you Thorax, but you can call me Zodi for short." Zodiac said.

"Well Zodi, there is one thing you need to know about me." Thorax said, he then scooped up Zodiac and pulled him into his chest.

"I am a hugger, and a very big hugger too." he said, Zodiac returned the hug.

"Ocellus, I can see why you hugged me so much yesterday at school." Zodiac said with a nervous laugh, Ocellus giggled.

"So how about I introduce you to the rest of the hive." Thorax said as he held Zodiac in his hoof.

"Cool." and he took Zodiac and Ocellus and went further into the hive.


As Thorax held Zodiac and Ocellus walked with them, he was surprised at how much fun and activities had been made and planned for the entire changeling population, they had everything from square dancing and crafts, to entertainment and potluck dinners which contained stuff that not a pony would even dare to eat. But Zodiac decided that he wouldn't be a burden because he knew that if he coped an attitude, Celestia would spank him and ground him, and he went over and sat by Ocellus and dug in to some potluck food, to his surprise, it was actually good.

"Wow, Thorax, you really know how to keep a good day in a good day." Zodiac said as he dug into his food, "Cause this is some good gourmet cooking."

"Well thanks kid, cause I was afraid you'd won't eat it." Thorax said.

"Not to mention you'd have a weird stomach." Pharynx said, only to be shoulder bumped by Thorax.

"Ow, hey!" Pharynx exclaimed.

"Pharynx, I told you, no more jokes!"

"Whatever, anyway kid, how's life going in royalty?" Pharynx asked.

"Well being the only child of a princess, it's kind of hard to actually have your own life." Zodiac answered.

"How's that so?" asked Ocellus.

"Well, while you can still do what you want as a colt, you've still got to go through a lot of learning and experiences if you're becoming the heir to the throne. Because I'm going to inherit the kingdom of Equestria when I grow up. Right now, I'm at the School of Friendship because not only does my mother want me to learn about it properly, but so that I can achieve the aspects of friendship, plus rule and treat the kingdom with deity."

"Well, I suppose that is a good thing to learn in order to become a ruler." Pharynx said giving him a noogie.

"And I think you do deserve to be the next heir." Ocellus said.

"Well I'm afraid of it though." Zodiac said.

"Why?" Ocellus asked.

"Because what if I never can get something right on a report, or what if a major threat comes to Equestria and I'm not prepared?"

"Well, I think you'd do better to ask that in the Feelings Forum." Thorax said.

"Feelings Forum?" Zodiac asked in confusion.

"It's where changelings go to discuss their feelings and fears to one another and get some relief by talking about it."

"Wow, I'd never thought I could actually express how I'm feeling in a group, because usually I've always feared my thoughts would be ignored."


"Sometimes I feel like eating bugs, sometimes I feel like eating leaves, but sometimes I feel like eating neither." said a yellow changeling at the feelings forum. Thorax sat on all fours, he had Zodiac wrapped up in his forehooves, snug to his chest and listened while Ocellus sat next to them.

"Well eat both if you choose, eat a plate of bugs one and leaves another, or have a plate with both on it." said the forum leader changeling who wore 60's style apparel and behind her stood a gong that signaled the start and end of the forum.

"But then it would be harder for me to make the decision." said the changeling.

"It sure is a nice thing for you to expose your feeling," said the leader changeling,"Is there anyone else who has a feeling they would like to share?"

"I guess I do." said Zodiac who raised his hoof.

"Ah yes, Princess Celestia's son, Ocellus mentioned you the other day, what is it that you'd like to share Zodiac?"

"Actually, he goes by Zodi." said Pharynx.

"Okay then, what is it that you'd like to share Zodi?"

Zodiac jumped off of Thorax's back and positioned himself in the center of the perimeter they had made together and began to speak.

"Well in case Ocellus didn't tell you all, I am going to be the heir to the throne when my mother and aunt move on, I will not only be in charge of raising the sun and the moon at the same time, but also helping those who truly need it. But I feel like I don't know how I'm supposed to handle it or what to use when I am handling it. Plus when or if a threat comes to Equestria I feel like I wouldn't have what it take to stop it since I can't control all six of the elements of harmony."

Zodiac looked down to the ground, but the forum leader put a hoof on his back and stared at him with a smile.

"I think it's perfect good of you to share this feeling, if you're having these fears of failure, always count on your friends to help you, plus you have a heart of strength as your mother does. I feel it in here that you can persevere and reign as a good ruler after her."

Zodiac smiled.

"Thanks for exposing, the feelings forum is over." the changeling said ringing the gong.

After all the changeling went about their separate ways, Zodiac went back with Ocellus, Thorax, and Pharynx.

"Well Zodi, that was our feelings forum." Pharynx said.

"I was really impressed with how you all expose your feelings toward each other."

"Well we were impressed at how you were able to expose your feelings about being a future ruler." Thorax said.

"Really?"

"Of course." Ocellus said, hugging him, "We are very proud of you."

Zodiac felt warmth, he had just made his first group of friends outside Equestria.

"Well kid how about we have one more round of fun before Ocellus takes you home." Pharynx said

"Of course." Zodi said, and he went on throughout the hive to see what else the changelings did.