• Published 9th Nov 2015
  • 7,664 Views, 157 Comments

My Zodiac - xd77



Celestia finds an abandoned pegasus colt baby and adopts him

  • ...
15
 157
 7,664

Chapter 10: Scolding and the Truth

It had been nearly three hours since Zodiac and Nathan had been caught fighting and causing mayhem in the streets of Canterlot, Nathan had already gotten his, but as for Zodiac, the thoughts of whatever awaited him made him tremble since he was the son of a princess and he figured that royal punishments must be harsher than regular punishments. Anyway, he was pacing around in his bedroom with two guards guarding the door that went out to the corridors of the castle to make sure he didn't make a move.

"Oh what's going to happen to me?!" he asked himself as he walked around the same direction over and over again.

"What if they spank me?"

"What if they forbid me from talking to ponies for a month?!"

He gasped at his upcoming third question "What if I can't ever go back to school again?!"

Well, his questions were about to be answered when the knob of his bedroom door glowed in yellow aura, twisting, and the door opening to reveal Celestia who in her stage, still had an angered look on herself. Zodiac continued to tremble in fear of what could await him since he was blocked by guards and now her from going anywhere.

As Celestia entered the room, she turned back to the guards.

"Thank you guards for doing your duty, leave us." she said

"Very well." one guard said while the other stayed silent and left. Celestia then closed the door and wrapped Zodiac in her aura to place him on his bed where he looked up at her still disappointed expression she gave him, he laughed nervously at her.

"Zodi, what is the matter with you?!" she asked with a high pitched voice.

"I...I..." Zodiac stuttered.

"What did think you were doing, causing such an atrocity?!"

"Mommy I....." he said, but Celestia kept interrupting him.

"Zodi, not only are you my son, but you are a future prince, and I do not expect that behavior from a prince!" she said.

"And I figure that this will teach you that!" she raised a hoof and just as he predicted in his first question, she popped him three times on his butt leading to him crying.

"I EXPECT YOU TO BEHAVE IN A CERTAIN WAY!!!!!!!!!" she yelled.

"Mommy..." Zodiac whined.

"I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A WORD OUT OF YOU YOUNG COLT!!!!!!" she screamed.

"I really don't know what drove you into doing such a dreadful thing, but it will never come about again!"

"But...." Zodiac said.

"No 'buts' young colt, you too are grounded for a week, you are not to leave this castle except to go to school!" she yelled, "Now you are to sit here and think about what you have done."

"Mommy, it wasn't my fault." Zodiac said, but Celestia didn't buy it for she took what he said as a lie.

"Young colt, don't you dare lie to me!" she exclaimed, walking out of the bedroom and slamming the door shut.

"Mommy, I'm not lying, please." Zodiac whined, but it was too late, Celestia was long gone and off into the corridors that made up the whole castle, Zodiac then felt his emotions get the best of him as tears started to form. He then flung himself onto his bed and started crying.

The guards standing outside who were hearing him crying stared at each other in sadness, feeling sorry for the little colt, they began to ponder.

"I don't know how Princess Celestia could do that, I've never heard her enraged like that before." the first guard said.

"Poor kid, I don't know what would drive her temper like that, I mean he really wasn't fighting, I mean what if it really wasn't his fault?' asked the other guard.

"It isn't his fault." said a voice, the guards looked to see a white mid-aged unicorn with glasses on, grey mane and tail, and a cutie mark of a lollipop.

The guards approached him, "Identify yourself."

"My name is Candy Crave, I am the owner of the Candy Shop right where the fight started."

"Do you have proof that he nor Nathan had anything to do with it?"

"You mean that human boy with the bat wings, no, both of them had nothing to do with it; the evidence is on this tape." he said levitating a footage tape recorded from his outdoor camera.

"Come with me back to my store, I'll show you all the whole event, I've already shown this tape to Cadance and Shining Armor."

The guards soon followed him out of the castle and back out into the streets where shop owners and citizens were still cleaning up the mess from the big thug fight.


...Meanwhile in Celestia's Chambers...

Princess Celestia was sitting in her bedroom saddened over all she had experienced, but still greatly disappointed over seeing her own son being a part of it and thinking everything he told her were lies (even though she didn't know yet that he was telling the truth.). Anyway, she stared into the lit fire of her fireplace and then looked up to see a picture of her and Zodiac, she wrapped the picture in her yellow aura and levitated it up to her face.

As she stared at the picture, she felt a knot in her stomach, a knot of shame as if her picture had already been hung on the wall of shame. She then put the picture down and sighed sadly before staring out the window.

"What am I, a princess, or a monster?" she asked herself.

"Perhaps a little of both!" said a familiar voice behind her, she turned to see her sister had enter the chambers with a very disappointed expression of her own.

"You know, don't you?" Celestia asked sadly.

"You know I do sister, what were you thinking, blowing up at Zodiac like that?!"

'I know Luna, I know I shouldn't have yelled at him like that, but you saw what he and Nathan did out there today; causing all that trouble!"

"Sister," Luna explained as she walked closer to her and sat with her, "Yes, and we did have the right to know what happened, but I think we jumped to conclusions."

"But what makes you say that, Nathan and Zodi were fighting a crowd." Celestia said.

"Sister, they were a part of it, but I don't think they are responsible, I think they were framed." Luna answered, they were into their sisterly conversation so deeply, that they didn't even hear hoofsteps approaching from behind them.

"Your majesties?"

Celestia and Luna turned to see three guards with a pony who had a cutie mark of a lollipop and was levitating what appeared to be a video tape of some sort.

"Yes guards, what do you need?" Luna asked.

"This unicorn showed us the video tape he has there about what really happened, and I think you and Luna should watch it."

"Is this video evidence?" Celestia asked as she levitated the video from the unicorn candy mare into her magical grasp.

"Clearly, it is." the unicorn answered, "And I would like you two to come back to my candy shop tomorrow morning so that I can show you what happened."

"Very well, return to your business, we will check in with you first thing in the morning." Celestia said. Just after the unicorn left to return to his candy shop, Celestia and Luna then turned to the guards.

"Guards, return to your posts immediately." Luna ordered.

"Yes ma'am." they said as they departed into separate sections of the castle.


The next day, Celestia and Luna were at the unicorn's Candy Shop just as they had promised they'd be at inside a surveillance room that contained video monitors from 6 cameras, and he had them watch the video from the camera that recorded Thunder Clash and his thug friends stealing the bag of bits from the colt and his friend and taking off, then the video switched to the other camera that showed Nathan and Zodiac fighting him for the bit bag to give back to the colt, apparently the small crowd that was watching just wanted to use that fight to start some action because they were bored.

"And that's what really happened, I also showed this to Cadance and Shining Armor in the Crystal Empire."

Celestia gasped in horror, what had she done, jumping to conclusions like that yesterday?!

"What was I thinking!?" Celestia said, "I've got to set things straight with Zodi.

"Yes sister, and while you take care of that, I will talk to Cadance and Shining Armor about Nathan's real reason for fighting, and see to it that that Pegasus that took that colt's money gets a trial and sentence!" Luna said.

"Thank you for showing us this proof." Celestia said, "We need you to stow it away because we're going to have a trial made for that awful Pegasus!"

"Yes you majesty." said the unicorn.

Soon, Celestia and Luna went about their separate missions.

Luna to set the court trial and chat with Cadance and Shining Armor about Nathan.
Celestia to apologize to Zodiac for jumping to conclusions and being so hard on him last night.