• Published 9th Jun 2012
  • 2,886 Views, 110 Comments

The Element of Loyalty - Darkswirl



Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo struggle to figure out how to continue with their lives.

  • ...
14
 110
 2,886

Chapter Two: A Great Demise

"Are you sure about this, Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle asked nervously from beside her friend. They both stood on a cliff overlooking Ponyville. Just a few yards below was solid ground and trees.

"Of course I'm sure! This is the only way! If I can't fly myself, I'll just let my instincts do it! It's genius plan, why are you guys so opposed to it?" Scootaloo ranted.

Apple Bloom scraped at the ground and kept her head down. " 'Cause yer our friend, Scoots. This jus' seems really dangerous is all." Apple Bloom explained, not taking her eyes off the ground.

"I'll be fine, girls! As soon as I go over the cliff and realize I can't fly, my wings will start kicking in for real since it'd be a life or death situation! I'll be soaring in the sky next to Rainbow Dash in no time, just watch!" Scootaloo exclaimed as she dug her hooves into the ground and then suddenly galloped forward.

"Scootaloo, wait!" Sweetie Belle called out, but Scootaloo ignored her. Her head was filled with images of Rainbow Dash and her flying side by side, battling a dragon, wearing Wonderbolt uniforms, and posing for newspaper photos. Her life was about to become 20% cooler, as Dashie would've said.

When her mind snapped back to reality, Scootaloo didn't see the blue morning skies or the white fluffy clouds. Instead, she saw the green leaves of oak trees getting closer and closer.

-

"Apple Bloom, go get Fluttershy, or Rarity, or someone! Hurry!" Scootaloo heard, although a bit distorted. Her whole body felt like it was on fire. She couldn't open her eyes. She felt the cold ground beneath her, and heavy branches on her. She gasped ever so softly as she felt a warm liquid run past her snout.

Blood.

-

Scootaloo opened her eyes a tiny bit and was blinded by a searing light. She quickly shut them tightly again.

She tried to turn her head. She tried to move. She couldn't.

She felt hot, like something was wrapped around her body, but she couldn't tell what.

She didn't know where she was, how she got here, or where anypony else was. She couldn't smell a thing.

Am I dead? she thought to herself. All she heard was the steady and spaced out beeping of some machine.