• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 1,205 Views, 19 Comments

Forward again, and again, and again. - Zaravan



In which an army of poorly trained, poorly lead, underfed, rabble of clones weather one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after another.

  • ...
9
 19
 1,205

PreviousChapters Next
The twentieth entry, or: Trenches can make for pretty brutal mosh pits, if not quite cramped.

The Rifleman swung his Venice rifle like a crude club, smashing it across the face of a Bug.
As it fell to the floor of his squad's trench, he clenched his teeth and brought his foot down upon the Changeling's neck.

Once.

Then twice.

And on the third, the Rifleman heard a crunch. He knew if it wasn't dead it was dying, so he swung his rifle up; sighted on a charging Bug, and pulled the trigger.

*Click*

He cursed loudly and with such vulgarity as to make a sailor wince. Wrenching open the bolt, he shoved a clip of the Five-fiftysix caliber rounds into the receiver. Several were closing now, but if he brought up his rifle fast enough, he could take down one or two before they were upon him.

He was still trying to close the bolt when two bugs were brought down by the chattering of another Infantryman's London submachinegun. Though the rest of the bullets in the volley missed the other three Changelings, the Rifleman was able to finish loading his piece and pulled the trigger. And another bug was brought down with a loud crack.

The last two were upon him, and he was the last one in this single trench in the center of this offensive. They were five before the attack caught them off guard.

One Infantryman was caught by a blast of magic across the face, and he had fallen cursing and screaming in pain and rage. The other three had been overwhelmed by the bugs over the last hour, falling one by one as the offensive dragged on.

'This day sucks.' The Rifleman thought as he bashed one Changeling across the face; before throwing down his rifle, drawing his knife, and throwing himself screaming onto the other.

Author's Note:

Don't forget to leave a comment, how am i to know what others think if no-one says anything?

PreviousChapters Next