• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 1,201 Views, 19 Comments

Forward again, and again, and again. - Zaravan



In which an army of poorly trained, poorly lead, underfed, rabble of clones weather one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after another.

  • ...
9
 19
 1,201

PreviousChapters Next
The fourth entry, or: How long before we can get bored.

It's been a few hours since the last attack from those damned wolves, at least we know where we are now. Ever since the last patrol came back not ten minutes after we beat off the last wave, we've been alternating between reinforcing our defenses, talking to Zecora, burying the dead, and eating. Twenty dead, we lost twenty of us to those damned wolves, though i have to admit, we probably did worse to them. I think we killed at least forty of the damn things. We got reinforcements about an hour after dawn, with about another fifty men we've barely made up for our losses so far, a couple of us went back through to give the news about where we are, as well as requests for more equipment. Rations, ammunition, barbed wire, lights, all things we need to solidify our position.

After a while, we asked Zecora if she could get in contact with those princesses. I still can't remember their names, maybe it'll come to me if we meet them. Anyway, she said she'd talk to one of them as soon as she got the chance. A few of us offered to go with her, but she was adamant that she would be fine by herself. I just hope she gets there safe, sound, and very soon. Because damn am i bored.


All we can do right now is wait, and to pass the time, like now, we're just playing with cards, dice, or just reading a good book. We usually bring as many books as we can so we don't lose our shit from the boredom. Sometimes we'd trade books we were finished with, at least, to keep us from just reading the same one over and over. We've been decorating, our trenches, or at least, for a given definition of 'decorating'. We do our best to spruce up the place, or, at least make it a little more homely. We pad the bottom of our trenches with blankets ontop of wood pallets, or dig out small holes in the side for lamps, or candles. Or just to hold little baubles we have with us. I think i might take a nap soon, i'm going to take guard duty for the night.

I just hope Zecora comes back soon, anyways.

Author's Note:

IAF combat Doctrine usually relies on static defenses, trenches, bunkers, barbed wire and mines, complimented by the employment of motors or machine guns. Given time, IAF strong points are nightmares to assault. With defenders stubbornly fighting to the last.

PreviousChapters Next