• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 1,201 Views, 19 Comments

Forward again, and again, and again. - Zaravan



In which an army of poorly trained, poorly lead, underfed, rabble of clones weather one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after another.

  • ...
9
 19
 1,201

PreviousChapters Next
Bonus Chapter 010: Notes on IAF Infantry composition and Basic equipment as mandated.

The IAF is made of various types of Infantry and Vehicles. From the die hard Veterans to the armored cars of the IAF's mechanized corps, many (but not all) of the various divisions, organizations, as well as the individual equipment of each Infantry or Vehicle type that are part of the IAF are listed below.

For now, several Infantry types will be listed in this chapter, more Unit descriptions are to follow.

Light Infantry - The stubborn, fanatical backbone of the IAF, the Basic Infantry are completely made up of the endless legions of clones that the IAF has at it's disposal. Though overall competent and stalwart in the face of death itself, Infantrymen will often panic if faced with an unknowable or otherwise eldritch foe. Infantrymen often work in squads of various sizes. IAF Doctrine mandates that when total IAF forces number less than Regimental strength, for Infantry to work in squads of a minimum of five. Any larger, and squad sizes are adjusted to compensate, with up to ten to fifteen men for one squad, depending on the circumstances.

Infantrymen are usually armed with the subpar London submachine gun, due to it's ease of both use and manufacturing. Infantrymen are recognizable by their heavy light grey and silver greatcoats, and matching field caps, most can often be seen hefting large backpacks, the contents of which usually include spare ammunition, food and water, medicine, and personal effects.

Martyrs - Indistinguishable from regular Infantry, but infinitely more dangerous, Martyrs are the logical conclusion to the IAF's self aware nature as disposable clones. Whenever the time is right, such as when encountering enemy Armored elements, a seemingly innocuous Infantryman will throw down their weapon, wrench open their greatcoats (Revealing a bomb vest that can be composed of everything from dynamite to satchel charges meant to level buildings) and sprint toward their targets with unnatural speed, witnesses will attest that Martyrs often laugh in madness, with utter terror mixing with resignation, elation, and sheer contempt for the enemy combining for an emotional cocktail that frays their very sanity.

When or if they reach their target, the result is often compared to a massive wreck, a terrible sight that one cannot tear their eyes away from.

Veterans - The 'class' of Veteran is often a broad term. But Veterans are usually identified as those who have survived through several deployments and have served with distinction through a number of battles. Equipment is massively varied, as Veterans often loot anything useful from the enemy's corpses. From high grade armor, to rapid fire laser rifles, to personal shields. The best of the best among Veterans are often determined by the quality of their equipment. The better or more 'overpowered' their armor or weapons, the tougher they are.

No Veteran wields any weapon that they didn't personally tear from the cold, dead hands of the enemy.

Due to the wildly varying armors and equipment they wield, Veterans are often used as skirmishers to assault either the enemy's flanks, or to eliminate stubborn pockets of resistance.

CHEMWAR - CHEMWAR, by nature, leads a very controversial, but necessary existence. Officially under the direct command of the IAF's 1st (and only) Biological and Chemical Warfare Command, CHEMWAR engages in various operations that all have one ultimate objective:

Purification.

Though their work is traumatizing and they run the countless risk of infection. The CHEMWAR Infantry work tirelessly to cleanse areas ravaged by monstrous, mutational plagues natural, supernatural, and manmade Another objective is often one constant, the rescue and assured safety of any survivors of these Outbreaks.

Alongside their traditional sidearms, CHEMWAR personnel wield their trademark 'Purifier Mk.III' a combination chem-napalm thrower that will suffocate what breathes, and burn to ash what does not.

Author's Note:

Forgive me for not updating, I hit a brick wall, so to speak.

The next Bonus Chapter will contain information on the IAF's various Armored units.

PreviousChapters Next