• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 4,030 Views, 53 Comments

God of Rage - ShadeBlitz



The story of a teen turned God. Hilarity may ensue. It depends on your outlook on comedy

  • ...
12
 53
 4,030

The Royal Battle

Where is that disgusting creature? I thought, holding my weapon in my magic while keeping a rather bored posture. Probably realized how weak it is and ran off. Understandable, seeing as how I am closer to being a god than that thing can even dream of.

"Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long, Blueballs, but I was having trouble choosing my weapon." It said in a mocking, yet also sarcastic tone.


"Well it's about time. I've heard of tortoises who move faster than you, ape." I turned around, seeing it standing there, foregoing both armor and weapon, but holding what seemed to be a purplish-blue ball of mist in both hands.


"Why don't we skip the banter and begin our fight?" It said impatiently.


"I agree." I said as I entered a basic battle stance.


----- Alex's POV -----


I cast my spell, summoning two translucent blades colored similarly to the spell. I chuckled darkly, catching Blueblood off guard, though choosing not to move.


"What'cha gonna do Blueballs? You look rather scared." I mocked, causing him to adapt a new expression and scoff. "Your move." I said, not having moved an inch. He began circling, moving into what would've been a blind spot. I followed him with my eyes until he went out of sight, then switching to a mental simulation and closing my eyes to concentrate on my hearing.


I heard a familiar sound from behind me, copying the expected motion in my head and reacted, turning around and redirecting Blueblood's lunge with one sword and striking him on the temple with the blunt side of the other, sending him flying a few yards as I opened my eyes.


I leaped at him, reaching a height of at least 5 meters, or 16.4 feet, before turning the swords in my hands so that the blunt sides faced down, and slammed them into his sides, knocking the wind out of him and possibly breaking a rib or two.


"Cmon, slowpoke. I thought you said a commoner could beat me. Where's your confidence now?" I pestered, causing him to get up and take a few wild swings, almost landing a good blow.


"Curse you ape! I will have your head!" he threatened, which caused me to chuckle.


"You wish. Now try to land an actual blow, would you? I'm getting rather bored." I said as I yawned, intentionally leaving an opening for him to strike. My eyes shot open as my body went cold, seeing a few blurred, dark red spots in my vision. I looked down, seeing Blueblood's sword impaling me through the heart. I heard a few ponies puke as he pulled it out and took a more swings, puncturing my lungs multiple times and severing important muscles.


"Where is your confidence now, beast?" he said with a satisfied grin. my vision went blurry as he walked away.


“Heh. Hehe. If only you knew." I said as I charged a spell designed for instant knock-outs. "Take this." I mumbled as I launched it at Blueblood, severing the muscle in the process. It landed, doing it's job as he collapsed. "Tie." I exhaled the last of my available breath, my eyes closing right after.



----- Celestia's POV -----



I continued to watch, eyes slightly bulging and face having turned a visible green when Blueblood pulled out his sword. As he walked away, I observed as Alex threw a red ball of magic at him, making him collapse upon impact, Alex seeming to have stopped breathing the moment after. He's died like this before, so there isn't any reason for me to worry... But I can't help it, he's my adopted brother, and it's only natural for a sister to care for her brother. I turned to Luna, seeing her wearing a similar worried expression as I must be before turning back as ponies gasped in shock.


I watched as the pool of blood around Alex began to enter his wounds, causing them to slowly heal. But that wasn't what was interesting. So, that's where it went? Huh... I thought, as I stared at the glowing fire ruby in the shape of a rectangle with the corners cut off. I watched as it floated down and settled upon Alex's chest before the medics came and took him and Blueblood to the infirmary. I caught up to one of the medics, causing her to bow in respect.


"Please leave the fire ruby with Alex, it's immensely important to him, and he will undoubtedly cause havoc if it is taken." I warned, receiving a nod in response before she galloped back to the other nurses, conveying the message.



----- 30 minutes later, Alex's POV -----



Ugh, I'm thankful that I can't permanently die when stabbed through the heart or after bleeding out, but the after effects suck. I thought as I slowly opened my eyes, hearing a paced beep from nearby. Heart monitor. Must be in a hospital or something similar. I rubbed my eyes, clearing the blur and having a better look around, seeing the usual setup for a hospital room, before finally noticing the gem on my chest. I picked it up, grinning when I remembered what it was. And you used to be part of a simple, silver ring, too. It's amazing what can happen when the dimension decides to butt in. I thought.


"Finally awake, I see. Took you long enough. Your sisters were getting worried, slacker." Artemis said, slightly startling me.


"Dang it, Artemis. You startled me. You know that might not be good for my health." I joked, receiving a light giggle from outside the door. The stranger knocked on the door, before it burst open, revealing Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, three strangers, the stallions, Celestia, and Luna. Pretty much in that exact order, though more crowded together.


"Hey everyone, how are you? Hope I didn't scare you too much." I said, not wanting to be too rude. As they came in, I noticed that the newcomers seemed to be female versions of three of the stallions. If I'm right, then I should be able to guess their names through the use of synonyms... Welp, here goes. I thought before I asked, "Okay, before you three introduce yourselves, I wanna see if I can guess your names, is that okay?" and receiving a nod for all three.


"Okay, let's start with you," I said as I pointed to the purple one, "Hmm... Is Twilight Sparkle correct?" I received a surprised nod before moving on to the next. "How about... Rarity?" I received an even more surprised nod from the unicorn before moving on to the final newcomer. "Hmm... This'll be hard..." I said, truly thinking at this point. Can't pull any synonyms from Scotch, so let's ditch the whole synonym thing and try appearance... Well, I can see butterflies as her cutie mark from here, and she is acting shy, so I think I have one part of the name down, but how do butterflies tie into this?... Actions maybe? It would make sense, seeing as how she is acting shy... Shy Flutter? no, that isn't right... Maybe. "Fluttershy?" I asked, getting extremely surprised looks from everypony, even the stallions looked slightly shocked.


"H-how did you do that?" Twilight asked, earning a troll grin from me.


"Ingenuity, creativity, and imagination that may be beyond modern ponies... Actually, I'm positive it is, because if I'm right, my species made their first manned space flight around this year, and made it to the moon and back. Heck, I bet that, over the 1,350 years since I came to Equestria, we've developed space travel into a civilian form of transportation... That, or we somehow managed to exhaust the planet of resources and had to move to a similar planet that was found while I was still there while the planet succumbed to the solar winds... Heck, there's even the possibility that I'm the last human alive after the Earth I was born on exploded from the sheer amount of war-caused chaos before we even got the chance to further develop space flight... No matter how you look at it, I steered the train straight off the tracks. I'm certain you have more questions for me Twilight?" I asked, finally getting off my soap box and noticing the stunned, and possibly fearful faces of the mares, minus Celestia and Luna.


"Uh... Yes, actually. What kind of species are hoomans?" she asked.


"First off, pronounce hu like you would when saying 'color hue'. Now, onto the answer. Humans are a rather violent race, and the only intelligent species on Earth. Like the ponies of old, humans were racist for centuries, maybe even millennia, but unlike ponies, our racism was based on color, seeing as how there were blacks and whites and tan hues in between. Even after racism was abolished, it was still seen throughout the country... Did I mention that I was talking about a nation called the United States of America? Probably didn't, but now you know. Anyways, racism evolved from being serious, to being more of a way to make jokes among friends. I'm getting off topic. Humans are violent because it's written in our past, but we are also inventive. In fact, we are so inventive to the point that new technology and new inventions were coming out almost yearly. How about this; Name one thing you think is impossible with your current technology." I said, once again leaving the soap box.


"High speed travel through air and on land." said Twilight. I smirked, not even needing to think.


"Jet-powered airplanes and bullet trains, both are high speed and can carry up to more than... I'd say 200 passengers? maybe 300, but I wanna say 500." I replied as I sat up. "I need something that I can really think about, though count out hovertech and teleportation."


"Ok. Hmm. Infinite knowledge." Twilight offered with a smirk, thinking that she had me beat.


"The most chaotic invention ever: the Internet. A place of wonder where you can find everything from info for a school project or stuff that shall never be mentioned... Try something with more physical destruction instead of mental." I advised, both hoping and trying to avoid talking about the most devastating weapon that was invented.


"Physical destruction? Ok. What about the most devastating weapon invented?" she asked. Crud...


I sighed, "Well... No matter what I tell you, promise me you won't hold it against me.", They all nodded, "Ok. Humanity's most devastating weapon that I can think of right now would be the nuke. Nukes are bombs designed to have a small frame yet deliver a huge amount of nuclear destruction. It isn't used often, but whatever places it's dropped on become almost inhospitable until the radiation dies away. In fact, we used it on a country called Japan and one element in the bomb has decayed but the other element is still there, but has gone through many half-lives, although it's probably not as harmful as it used to be, if it isn't already harmless. But yeah, that pretty much sums up a nuke and it's effects. Any other questions?" I asked.


"Yes. What happened out there? Shouldn't you have died?" Twilight asked.


"Well aren't you inquisitive. Yes, I should have died, and I did. But, when I die from bleeding out or getting stabbed through the heart, it's only temporary. Right now I'm in a stage I call permadeath. The reason why I call it permadeath is because if my brain is halfway destroyed or if this gem is destroyed, then I'll die and stay dead. To leave permadeath, I have to get mad enough to have a full body transformation which would replace most of my skin with dragon scales and cause me to grow a tail and wings to match. Although I can mostly bypass this by thrusting this gem into my body, which would pull me from permadeath into a similar stage I call comastate, which causes me to become almost completely immortal. It can be reverted by pulling the gem out of me, but doing so is very difficult. Also, entering comastate is like completely leaving permadeath but not as... drastic. Side effects are that I always end up with a shorter temper than usual during comastate. I know it sounds a bit childish, but that's the best thing I can think of to call my half transformation." I said, "Answering questions is fun and all, but I should probably get up before I get too sleepy."


As I got up, Fluttershy came over, trying to get me back in bed. "That won't be necessary, Fluttershy. I know my brother well enough to trust his judgment in a situation like this, although he will need to eat soon." Celestia said.


"And his eating habits may appear vulgar and disturbing, but his body requires it in order to function properly." Luna said as I summoned a pack of beef jerky, opening it and pulling one out.


"Ew! What is that awful smell?" Rarity exclaimed, voicing the opinion of all the young mares.


"Hey, I just opened the pack, don't go blaming me for killing a pig and turning it into delicious jerky." I said as I received green-faced, surprised looks from said mares, "Besides, I'm an omnivore, it's only natural for me to consume meat, as well as fruits and veggies, as Rainbow dash should already know. Also, how come you didn't react like this the first time?" I questioned her.


"I didn't know you were serious!" she argued.


"Well don't go expecting me to have meat cupcakes. I like my steaks medium, not charred." I said as I burrowed through the bag like a leech. After I finished it off, I summoned a small bag of mixed veggies and fruits, consisting of celery, broccoli, carrots, apples, grapes, and some cheese squares. "Happy now?" I asked, sounding slightly annoyed, "Now, who wants a three pound bag of caramel popcorn?" I said, pulling said bag from Pinkie's mane. "I have something good in store, so why not get two more?" I said as I pulled another bag from Celestia's mane and a third from Luna's tail.


"What are we watching today?" Luna asked. I turned to her with an excited grin.


"Why, that's easy dear sister! Comedians!" I said in a comedic manner. I teleported us to the throne room, summoning a large, curved screen TV and turned the steps into seats, one of which held Discord with his own bag of popcorn. I summoned magical constructs that prepared our popcorn as we sat down. I held my hands out, causing the tv to turn on and a holographic keyboard to appear. I typed in the name of a famous comedian before selecting a video that said 'gift basket prank' and letting it play.


After all the laughs were had and the video ended, my mind went to thinking about any other things that they might find entertaining, which eventually led to me thinking about devices, such as gaming consoles. Oh, why not? What's a good co-op game that is fun yet doesn't have much gore? Hmm... Minecraft, duh. Wonder why it didn't instantly hit me. I thought before I summoned a PlayStation 3, four fully charged, wireless controllers, and the PlayStation home screen on the TV before asking, "Who's up for Minecraft?", receiving odd looks from the mares and looks of excitement from the stallions, Celestia, Luna, and Discord.


"What's Minecraft?" Twilight asked, causing Discord and I to look at her with shock before speaking in unison.


"Only the best multiplayer game in existence that isn't full of gore!" I then added, "I could summon up more setups for the rest of you to play, but keep in mind, the physics of Minecraft are more like my home world than Equestria. In other words, it's more along the lines of the Everfree, but less hostile." I received rapid nods from the stallions, Butter Scotch being a bit slower, and shrugs from Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie. "Majority vote. Three more setups, coming up!" I dramatized, moving the TV that Discord, Celestia, Luna, and I will be using to the top right, as well as the console, and summoning three more setups in the top left, bottom right, and bottom left positions before realizing that it would be better if they were all flat screens and changing them.


"They should all easily connect to each other, so we'll play off a world I made." I said before we all opened Minecraft.


The stallions showed the mares how to play, the unicorns and pegasi having a better time learning than the earth ponies for obvious reasons, but they all learned enough to be somewhat decent at maneuvering, but got better once I quickly teleported off and returned a few minutes later with a set of metal hands that I hooked onto Applejack and Pinkie, telling them that it would react according to what they wanted it to do, which Pinkie instantly figured out before helping Applejack with hers.


30 minutes after I gave Applejack and Pinkie the hands, we finally started playing, some of us in Creative in order to build and the rest in Survival in order to learn. Eventually we were all on Survival, having gathered and built enough for a jump start.


"I still think you could've held back on getting diamond armor and tools before we switched, Discord, but hey, you're repaying us all by being our main defense until we all have a good set of armor and weapons." I said before whispering to him, "I still can't believe Fluttershy hasn't reacted to the fact that we are technically killing animals, while I'm also surprised Butter Scotch hasn't told her yet."


"I agree, it is rather surprising, but you do have to take into consideration that she made a barn for the animals, stalls for the horses, and separate pens for the wolves." he said. We continued playing for quite a while before Celestia brought something to my attention.


"Alex, there's 16 of us playing, but there is 17 players on the game. Why is that?" she asked, causing me to press select and search the list of 'Gamingos', eventually finding a familiar gamertag called 'Musicat64'


"He's still alive? Time must move differently 'til I pull something over." I said as I summoned a headset that connected wirelessly to the console and TV. I edited the settings real quick, making it so that the sound plays over the TV as well as the headset before turning the mic on. "Hey, David! How you doin'?" I asked.


"Not bad. What about you?" he asked.


"Not too bad. In fact, I'm somewhere you won’t believe. Start guessing." I said as I started looking for him in the game.


"Uh... Tokyo."


"Nope. Somewhere more... crazy." I said, giving him a subtle hint.


"Atlantis." he said.


"You can get closer, David." I said, receiving a few moments of silence from him.


"SAO or ALO?" he ventured.


"Nope and nope, but it's close." I replied, encouraging him to continue.


"Uh... I'm going to go off on a limb here and guess that it's some strange fantasy world with magic."


"And dimensional portals, as well as Greek legends." I said, narrowing his options. "I've mentioned it many times before." I said, getting a reply not even a second after.


"Equestria." David said, full of confidence.


"Hmm, I wonder how you guessed!" I mocked, full of sarcasm.


"Oh, shut up, and you're lying. You're down the street. I saw you a few months ago, so there's no way you're in Equestria." He said, attempting to call me out.


"Wanna prove that theory with a video chat?" I asked. The TV fell mostly silent, with only the sounds of crunching grass emanating from it. After a minute I noticed a message titled 'Chat Invitation' in the corner of the screen. "Dusk, start a server. I'm going to prove David's theory wrong because why not?" I said, quitting Minecraft and accepting the chat invite. I quickly summoned a small video camera and hooked it up to the console before the chat started. The TV displayed a teenaged male around 5'8" with blonde, wild hair and eccentric green eyes that widened when he saw the ponies and draconequus that surrounded me.


"Woah, you were serious." He said before finally getting a good look at me. "You look the same as you did when you got back from Anime Festival Orlando, just more... real." He said.


"Two things... No wait, three things. One: where's your denial now?"


"Shut up."


"Two: That's because it is real, wings and all. And three: Remember that fake gem that I came back with?" I asked.


"Yeah. What about it?" He questioned.


"It's the reason I'm here. Apparently it got lost in the void between dimensions and ended up in the seller's possession before the magic here could reclaim it, and when it was finally reclaimed, it pulled me along with it. I fall from the sky as a big, fiery dragon and get temporarily knocked out when I landed. Woke up in a fit of rage and almost destroyed Equestria but managed to calm down before I did so. A few hours later, up comes Death from the pits of the mantle and I find out that this gem is actually a very powerful and picky artifact called a Rage Ruby. There's many like it but this one has far more power than the six gems that have recently defended Equestria, a power that can only be controlled by someone who is known to have a temper but also has a fairly good control over it, hence why it chose me. When it finds a being that is able to wield it, that being becomes the God of Rage. Basically, this gem kidnapped me and turned me into the God of Rage before forcing me to lay siege to this nation for three months before I was able to calm down. It's been 1,350 years since then. I'm off my soap box now." I said as I stepped down from a wooden crate labeled 'High Quality Hoof Soap'.


"Nice lecture, I won't deny that, but was the huge explanation really necessary?" David asked, slightly bored.


I stared for a few seconds before dispersing into smoke and reforming as a wolf with charcoal colored fur and white underbelly with red wind tribal markings as well as amber eyes. “Yes, it was very much necessary.” I said. “Now then, I do believe I must go, for I have set a bucket full of ice water above the doors behind you and I can hear somepony coming towards them.” I said, making a beeline for the doors right after. I jumped through them right as they opened, not having time to see who it was and barely missing the spilt ice water. When I landed, I turned, noticing the bucket sitting on the pony’s head and a familiar blonde tail as well as the blue and gold compass rose cutie mark.


“Problems, Blueballs? Or is your eyesight just that poor?” I said in a mocking tone, hearing Discord, Luna, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and the stallions break out in hysterical laughter, minus Butter Scotch. He turned towards me with the bucket still on his head, which he removed a moment later to reveal an enraged face. This was before he noticed what I was, which caused him to run down a side hall, screaming like a filly. “The showers are down the other hall, nitwit.” I reminded him.


He returned a moment later, slightly shivering. “I utterly despise you, cretin.” He said, and continued on his way to the showers.


“Someone’s butthurt. Take it like a man, sissy!” I shouted at him. I walked back in, having jumped out for no real reason. I heard the sound of claws hitting the marble floor and turned to see a small purple and green dragon with a scroll come running in towards Twilight.


“Twilight! There’s a message from Cadance.” he said. handing the scroll to Twilight, who took it in her magic and read it. “What does it say?” the little dragon asked as I came back into view of the console camera.


“Cadance would like for us to visit her in the Crystal Empire. What do you girls say?” she asked as she turned to her friends.


They all nodded their heads, some shouting in excitement. “Hey, wait. What about us? This sounds fun!” Bubble Berry questioned. Twilight turned to me.


“I think that should be up to him, but I’m all for letting you all come as well.” she said, turning everyone’s attention to me, even David’s.

“Why not? Only two days since I broke free and I’m already on an exciting adventure. Pack your bags, boys! We’re going on a road trip!” I said, earning cheers from the stallions and their respective counterparts before the mares left for the train station.

Author's Note:

I screwed you all over with the battle and I am sincerely sorry. I mean't for it to come out more exciting and it didn't, but I did introduce some things and made others more clear, so huzzah, the chaos has been doubled!

Also, I noticed that there were some ellipses in this story and I recently found this meme:

I deem it very fitting.

Anyways, Equestria Girls happens in the next chapter, so I have a movie to rewatch somehow...

Author's Questions:
Which do you prefer? Tea, coffee, soda, or other? What brand?