• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 4,030 Views, 53 Comments

God of Rage - ShadeBlitz



The story of a teen turned God. Hilarity may ensue. It depends on your outlook on comedy

  • ...
12
 53
 4,030

The Search Begins Part Two


I pulled up to what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse. “Are you sure this is where we should start our search? I don’t think these people will know much.” I said.


“While that might be true, they may have enough to give us a lead.” Artemis said. I walked over to a nearby door, stepping through and seeing multiple people wearing loose clothing, with some at a nearby range with pistols or SMGs.


One of them approached me, acting tough to try and intimidate me. “Why are you here?” he asked.


“It’s simple, really. I need information on a missing person who works at Canterlot High.” I said.


“You mean this Celestia that everyone’s been talking about ‘round the city, right? Yeah, we got some info, although the boss is the only one who stays updated on it. He’ll only see you if you catch his eye though, so don’t expect to be getting anything as easy as you think.” He said.


“Alright, what do I have to do? Beat his best? Pay off something? I can do both with no complaints.” I asked as a new guy approached. He seemed to be respected around here, since every last person stopped what they were doing to watch.


“If you do that, I’ll tell you everything I know about anything you want to know, but keep in mind, if you fail to do one of those things, then you get nothing. Butch!” he shouted once I nodded, causing a very bulky guy to walk up to him. “Beat him to a pulp.”


This will be fun. Let’s just hope he can take more than he gives. I thought, smirking. He lead me to an open area that had a lot of dried blood all over the floor and walls. I took a good look around before walking to the opposite side of the room from Butch, turning to face him once I was a foot and a half from the wall. “Alright big guy, do your worst.” I said, watching as he ran towards me.


Two ways this can go. He can be one of those near-mindless bull types and go for a strong punch straight off the bat, or he can be a smart fighter and try to sweep me off my feet. Best way to avoid both at the last second is a good jump. I thought, jumping right after. I heard a boom below me, instantly telling me what type he is.


I landed behind him and taking off at a run towards a nearby pillar. I ran up the pillar, backflipping off and landing on one foot, the other bent in his direction. I nailed him in the back with my heel, causing him to reach behind to try and soothe the pain. I quickly planted my foot in the ground and hauled him over me by his arm. I cracked my knuckles, getting ready to take this somewhat seriously.


Once he got up, I ran at him, intending to tackle him into the wall. I hit my mark, feeling the air rush out of him. “The bigger they are, the more fun it is for me.” I said, letting him fall as I walked away. I turned around right as he started charging at me, his red face visible from where I stood. I stuck my hands in my pockets, sidestepping and tripping him once he got close enough. “To be honest, I could actually fight like this, but it would still be unfair for you.” I said as I grabbed his ankles, hauling his weight in a circle until his chest was off the ground. I let go, sending him flying into a wall, making a crater where he impacted, unconscious from the blood in his head and the rough impact.


“And that wasn’t even a fifth of what I could’ve done to him. Heck, I don’t think it was even a tenth. Is there anyone who’s stronger than him? Anyone? No? Well that’s a bummer. Ok, big boss, what needs to be paid off that you can’t do yourself?” I asked, bored.


“The name’s Maverick, and we need you to help us get better equipment. Come back when you have the money.” Maverick said. I adopted a smug look.


“I’m back with the money.” I said, causing him to turn around with a suspicious look. “I can prove it, too. Artemis, scan everyone in this building and find suitable equipment for each.” I threw down a holobar, watching the screen rapidly change, stopping only to purchase items before moving on.


“Stick around. If the delivery comes, you’ll get your answers while we unpack. If it doesn’t, you’re dead.” he said.


-----3 hours later-----


There was a knock at the door, causing one of the gang members to open it, revealing a delivery man with ‘EPS’ on his shirt. “Delivery for Shade Blitz?” he said. I walked over and signed the delivery papers, somehow still remembering how to write with a pen.


“Go ahead and bring the truck through the delivery door, it’ll be easier to unload that way.” I said, noticing Maverick telling some others to open the door and clear a space for the boxes.


A few moments later, Maverick walked over to me as the rest of the group unpacked. “Ya know what Shade? I never expected for this to actually happen. Thanks.” he said. “Now, as promised, I’ll tell you what I know about Celestia’s kidnapping. She was taken a few days ago around midnight. No one knows who truly did it, but I suspect it to be an enemy gang somewhere in or out of the city and suburbs. Next place you’d want to visit would be a mob boss. I can direct you to one who knows a lot about kidnapping. I’ve heard that even the FBI has asked for his help before. Apparently some important government person went missing and they could only make progress with their help. He’s in an abandoned skyscraper on one of the upper floors.”


“Thanks, Maverick. I’ll stick around long enough for everyone to get the equipment that Artemis chose for them, then I’ll head out.” I said, walking over to the unpacked crates, assigning each to their users. I finished with Maverick’s equipment. “Here ya go, Maverick, this crate is yours.” I said, placing the last crate down at his feet. “I’ll be going now. See ya!” I said, shaking his hand. I felt a hand on my shoulder right as I reached the door.


“Take this so we can keep in touch, and if you’re ever in a tough spot, just give us a call.” Maverick said, handing me a strip of paper that had a number on it. I looked at it long enough for Artemis to record it for later use. I then nodded at him, heading out to my car a driving off.


-----5 hours later-----


To be honest, I thought I would be home by now, but it’s 5:26 and I’m still on the road. Celestia better not be farther than 9 hours from Canterlot or else I’ll teleport her to me… Now that I think about it, I could’ve done that from the start… Meh, these fights I may get into will be worth it. Hopefully. I thought, pulling into an abandoned factory. “What is this place, Honda? It’s huge!” I said, staring at the giant building for a moment before searching for a door.


I eventually found one and entered, gaining the attention of everyone there. Next thing I knew, they were pointing guns at me. I raised my hands, attempting to look intimidated. “I don’t want any trouble, I’m just here for info about a missing person.” I said, causing one at the opposite end of the building to approach me. I decided to meet them halfway.


“Who you after?” he asked.


“A principal of a high school. Went missing a few days ago and the cops couldn’t find her. Name’s Celestia. Got any info on her?” I questioned, receiving a nod.


“Heard some gang took her over to Crystal City. The reason why is something I don’t know. There’s another hideout along the road on the other side of Canterlot, the gang there might have more info for you.” he answered, giving me a new destination to drive to tomorrow.


“Thanks, I’ll check it out tomorrow.” I said as I left.


-----5 hours later, at home-----


10:35. I’ve been busy lately, that’s for sure. Time to rest up for tomorrow. But before that, let’s go over what we know. 1. We have allies here now. 2. Celestia is in a place called Crystal City. 3. I’ll have to make a 2 hour drive at the minimum to reach this other gang and get more info. 4. Twilight’s in my bed… wonder why. I thought, having traversed the house from the garage to my room, only to find Twilight in the bed. I stood there for a moment before shrugging and heading downstairs to the couch. Meh. I’ll ask her about it before I head out tomorrow. For now, lights out. Comfy couch, I must say. Almost beats the bed.

Author's Note:

Shortest chapter yet.

Incase anyone hasn't decided to read the story again to refresh their memory for some reason, then check out a blog I posted about this story potentially becoming Displaced. As for new readers or ones who've read the story again, feel free to disregard this, since I updated the Author's Note in the last chapter.

If I get a majority vote of yes by the time the next chapter is posted, which could be soon, then this story will be submitted to Displaced. If no is the majority, I'll continue as is. If anyone wanted to know, the story was going to be Displaced, but I decided against it for some odd reason.

Also, hidden reference. If you haven't found it, then you either weren't paying much attention, have a short memory span, or haven't seen the movie yet