• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 328 Views, 2 Comments

Welcome to the Mane Act - PartyCentral



The circus has come to town. Gather the kids and bring your bits. And enjoy the show! If you actually survive.

  • ...
3
 2
 328

Prolouge

The sound of children cheering in excitement almost drew ponies in immediately. Trumpets blaring as they entered, while their pockets jingled with bits. Performers danced and greeted the excited mares and stallions, and in return, were given a single-bit as payment. The line was a long one, for many families had heard of this exciting experience and had came as soon as they could. Unfortunately, this meant a longer wait for other's at the end of the line.

"This line is taking forever." groaned Rainbow Dash, rolling her eyes in annoyance. She and her friends were at the very end of the line, meaning their chances of getting a ticket today were very low.

"I know. The circus must be very popular this year." said Twilight Sparkle, looking back down at a book she was currently reading to pass the time.

"How many ponies heard about this circus? It's only been about 2 days." asked Fluttershy, twirling a lock of her pink-mane.

"Pinkie Pie probably told all of town." smirked Rainbow.

"Speaking of Pinkie, where is she, anyway?" intruded Applejack in her normal southern-accent.

From the distance, the named-mare had been bouncing in the friend's direction, waving her hooves franticly. She could be heard oohing and awing from a mile away, and as she came closer, something could be visible sitting in her muzzle. As she finally came close enough to her friends, Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped at what she saw.

"You got a ticket?!" questioned Rainbow, pointing to Pinkie's mouth were the ticket was held.

"Yep!" replied Pinkie.

"But how?"

"Oh silly! I got these tickets, yesterday!"

Pinkie's friends almost collapsed under their feet. Their efforts of waiting in line had been unneeded.

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier, darling?" asked Rarity, the mare was sweating like a goat during Christmas Eve, her expression priceless.

"I was gonna' tell you, guys! But when I went to the castle, you were already gone!"

"So we've been waiting here, for no reason." said Twilight, lowering her book to look at Pinkie eye to eye.

"I guess so!"

Her friends grunted at this news, Rarity fainted as she always did.

"Ah' guess we should go inside." said Applejack, picking up Rarity and already heading towards the circus tent.

"I guess so." Twilight agreed, levitating her book into her saddlebag and following the 2 mares.

Her other friends nodded as they followed Twilight from behind, all the ponies in line looking at them with envy. As soon as they reached the entrance, they were quickly stopped by the circus master, who opened out his hoof for his payment. Pinkie placed the ticket in his hand, getting a disappointing look from the stallion before she and her friends were allowed inside.

The circus was decorated in a childish way, streamers hanging from the sides and balloons flying over the walls. The tent was a deep shade of red, one so deep, it almost looked like blood. Performers were in the center of the tent, each wearing a unique costume with a unique feature. One that separated them from all the rest.

Pinkie gasped in awe, bouncing around the tent in an act of excitement. She touched each performer's costumes and makeup, annoying them greatly. Pinkie even managed to hop on top of one of the balloons and had been riding it like a vehicle.

"Pinkie pie, get down from there!" scolded Rainbow Dash, she flew towards the pink mare, trying to get her down." Your gonna' get us kicked out!"

"A bit too late for that." intruded Fluttershy.

'What do you mean?" asked Rainbow.

A stallion came out of the shadows, heading towards the group of mares. He had a serious expression with a more serious outfit, his mane and tail a deep shade of grey.

"I think that's what she meant." added Pinkie, smiling awkwardly.

"Hello ladies." the stallion greeted. He was a unicorn, and a very unique one of that matter. His horn was twisted at different angles, and it contained different shades of black.

"Hiya!" Pinkie jumped off of the balloon and , fortunately, right next to the stallion without any injuries. Her friends looked at her, frustrated, from the sideline.

"I assume your here for the show."

"Right there, mister!"

The stallion's eye's twitched at the pink mare's manners, but he eased it off, quickly.

"Your a very energetic mare. How old are you? 12?"

"I'm 17, actually!"

"I couldn't tell.." the stallion joked. He turned to Pinkie's friends, who had been listening to the conversation all along.

"And you must be her guardians?"

"No. Just her friends." Twilight chuckled.

"I see."

"And you are?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Why I am Solar Star, ring leader of the Equestria Circus."

"Oh my! Well that's a lovely name." flattered Fluttershy, she blushed at her comment.

"Thank you. But I didn't come here to chat. I came here for something else."

"Oh. About that. We're truly sorry about Pi-"

"This isn't about the ruckus you caused with your little..pink friend."

"Oh." Rarity grinned." Then what is it about, again?"

"I heard of you, girls. I know of the amazing deeds you've done."

The girls blushed at how wide their accomplishments had spread.

"And I would like to invite you to spend the week at the circus! To thank you for your contributes to our great land!"

"Why thank you, sir!" said Twilight." But you don't have to."

"I insist!"

"Well..." Twilight began.

"No, No, Twilight!" interrupted Pinkie." If he want's to invite us! We gotta' say yes! This is the circus we're talking about!"

"Ya! Come on Twi! Don't be such an egghead!" Rainbow joked.

"Well...okay." Twilight agreed. Her friend's cheered at her decision." But only if you don't mind."

"Trust me. We don't"

Twilight smiled at the stallion's kindness, turning back to her friend's for her next order.

"Well girls." Twilight began." Let's go pack for the best week of our lives!"

Comments ( 1 )

[youtube=gQLzvsFc5fE]

Login or register to comment