• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 694 Views, 24 Comments

The Immortality Diaries - PhoelynFabulous



Twilight writes about her life after the end of her friends.

  • ...
5
 24
 694

Prologue

Twilight watched in horror as Fluttershy lay on the couch in her cottage, her animal friends surrounding her, all chattering wildly. They were worried.
Fluttershy was breathing heavily, though she was still smiling at her animal friends -and pony friends- around her. "Don't worry about me. I won't be fine, I would be lying to tell you that- just don't worry about me."

"Fluttershy...." Twilight said, in a near whisper. Tears spilled down her face from her eyes, and fell to the floor with near silent 'plips'. Fluttershy would be the first to pass away, and though it broke Twilight's heart, it made sense. Fluttershy always seemed to be the weakest of the group, though nopony liked using that word.

"Fluttershy, please be strong." Rainbow Dash said, tears also falling from her face. She almost looked as old as Fluttershy did, though she was younger by about a year.

"I second that, ya'll better be strong, Flutters." Applejack added sadly.

"F-F-Fluttershyyyyyy...." Pinkie whined, still a little bit childish after so long.

"Be safe, Fluttershy darling." Rarity said.

"I will...G-...Goodbye girls." Fluttershy finally said, before closing her eyes taking her last breath.

-----

Rarity lay on her "drama couch", as her friends had decided to call it. It had been two weeks since Fluttershy passed, and everypony was still mourning. Now, it was Rarity's time, and Twilight was more heartbroken then ever. She couldn't handle losing two of her best friends in two weeks.

"Rarity", Twilight sobbed, "please no!"

"I'm so sorry, Twilight", Rarity said sadly, "but I can't control this kind of thing. It's my time. Farewell, old friend."

"NO!" Twilight shrieked in heartbroken agony as the Element of Generosity died infront of her, without any of her other friends there to comfort her, she broke down and teleported into her castle, incasing herself in a soundproof forcefield and locking herself in her room.

-----

It had been two months since Twilight locked herself away.

She barely ate, and she would cry herself to sleep.

She finally looked out her window...

...and heard a strange, whistling sound outside, picking up in pitch.

Then, it happened.

A loud bang, and an explosion of color occurred outside her window. She hadn't seen anything like it in about eighty years.

A rainboom.

Rainbow Dash.

Instantly, Twilight teleported outside, just in time to see Rainbow Dash hit the ground hard, killing her instantly.

"NOOO!" Twilight shrieked louder than she had when Rarity died, and ran to Rainbow Dash. She found a red ribbon tied around her neck, with a scroll tied within it.

Heartbroken once more, Twilight opened up the scroll with her magic, and started to read, trembling.

Dear friends,
If you're reading this, then you
just saw by last display of the
Sonic Rainboom. I refused to
die of old age like everypony
else, I just wanted to be
cooler than that! So, using the
last of my strength, I performed
my last Sonic Rainboom. Well,
I will in a few minutes. I'm sorry
I couldn't say bye to any of you
personally, but this rainboom
is, basically, my goodbye.
So, farewell, tootaloo, any
kind of word you want to use...
Goodbye.

Signed,
Rainbow Dash

-----

Pinkie Pie hasn't been seen in months. Nopony has heard from the pink party pony in at least three months, and Twilight is worried. Though she is still locked up, she put her shield down so she could get comfort from Spike, who was apparently going to live for a few centuries.

That was until the doorbell rang.

Twilight got up, with Spike at her side, and answered the door.

She gasped.

There was Pinkie Pie.

"P-PINKIE!" Twilight said, bringing her pink friend into a hug.

"I... *cough* couldn't go without saying goodbye..." Pinkie said, coughing afterwards.

"No... NO NO PINKIE NO DON'T LEAVE ME NOT NOW NOT-" Twilight lost herself in sadness and panic, but was interrupted by Pinkie.

"Shh..." Then she did something that made Twilight's heart ache more than anything her friends had done in their final moments- she sang.

"Come on everypony, smile smile smile, fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine..."

Twilight's mouth hung open in horror and sadness. There was no way Pinkie was going to make her do this... "All I really needs a smile smile smile... *sniff* from these.... happy friends of mine...." Twilight sobbed in-between lyrics as Pinkie died in her hooves, a small smile on her face.

-----

Twilight looked at her last friend, laying peacefully in a hospital bed. Applejack's time had come, and she said that she had something private to say to Twilight.

"Twilight..." Applejack started, "We went through so much heartbreak together, watchin' our friends die around us... I needed to tell ya this, so ya didn't go doin' what Rainbow did many months back... Don't forget us, don't get passed it, but keep goin'. I don't want to be forgotten, but I don't want ya'll thinkin' it's better ta die... Keep us in your heart, but continue to make new friends."

"Applejack... I don't understand." said Twilight, tears sliding off her face. Her heart was shattered into a million pieces.

As if Applejack knew this as she thought it, she said "Put the broken pieces of your heart back together. I don't care if there's a million pieces, or two, just fix it. Keep goin' Twilight. That's all I really have to say."

And as Applejack closed her eyes, the heart monitor flatlined.

-----

Twilight didn't know what to do, or exactly what Applejack meant, but she knew she would never forget her five friends that gave her the ultimate gift and curse, immortality.

Perhaps that was what Applejack meant. Twilight didn't know.

But, she had decided that she was going to write down all the things that happened after her friends left her. So she bought the largest journal she could find, got some ink and a quill, and began to write.

And so the first entries in the Immortality Diaries were written.

Author's Note:

Omg this took so long to write :rainbowlaugh: I hope it's good!

Tell me if you want more in the comments, please! I will write more GLADLY. :pinkiehappy: