• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 6,505 Views, 201 Comments

Son of the Sun - Buckeye49



I am a partial fan of MLP, I perhaps shamelessly have a crush on the Princesses; what happens when one of the Princesses, is my mother?

  • ...
61
 201
 6,505

Chapter 8: Siblings of Royalty

*Revision take: 1.


The second meeting went well as I would have hoped, time will tell whether or not everything else will do well...for one thing? The day Celestia appeared on the news on December 10th, officially revealing Equestria to my adopted world; my question is this: How will the world take it? Also how will my friends accept whatever happens next?

Before I get to my friends' views about this I got the job I mentioned in August so I have been earning money since mid August; this helped put money away and a good cover I suppose in case one was needed.

Next thing, there were many things said on deviantART about this as well as on youtube...it was definitely clear that there were many who was surprised and excited by this and many expressed a desire to vacation there soon or just visit; for my friends they were abuzz with words to say. Many of my friends most eager wish was to of course meet the Mane 6 plus Spike, and of course Alex expressed his thoughts on what if given the chance to meet Fluttershy, of which I asked about; he told me what his thoughts were on the matter. My two of a few friends who are girls expressed very clearly what they thought, my friend LeMeah said she would speak to her mother about moving there and saying that I should move there before the houses are taken up....funny she should mention that huh?

My second friend named Lexi said she would be eager to just meet Twilight and her friends as well as the princesses since she dreamed perhaps of meeting them, what do you think she would say if I introduced her to them personally? Besides the fact in general that I am Celestia's son?.....That my friends is something I am thinking about as I speak....

My friend who on dA goes by shooter5000 was equally interested and giddy at the idea of getting to have a maybe chance at meeting his crush Applejack; I think he would not mind a personal introduction you think?

Time went on semi eventful, save for the tragic Paris attack and other issues, I had with my 2 Reenactment I took part in my hobby to perhaps give my adopted dad something that is still very real to bond over, of which it was but it only did so much to ease the pain and awkwardness; my mother was no better either, going so far as to deny Celestia was my mother and criticizing Celestia's decisions as my mother, it was not an easy few months until the day I finally could reveal my identity to my friends and of course come to Equestria to see my native country and my family again.

I after a letter to Celestia was given a means of transportation to Equestria, and it made me smile warmly as well as laugh at how excited Celestia sounded in her reply to my letter asking to visit Equestria before any idea of sharing my secret with my friends; so here I am, off to Equestria, first time since my birth and yet though came a surprise, it was not easy to just visit Equestria, 1 for the idea of slowly cutting ties with earth, and because of my new job; but with help from the California governor giving notice to my work and the state program that got me the opportunity for my job I got my week cleared with pay to take my trip.

"Hey David!" Sunset said warmly from the black limo that pulled up to transport me.

"Sunset?" I said surprised although I ran out to hug her, "How are you?" I asked happily.

"I'm great! I thought I'd surprise you by accompanying you back home," Sunset explained.

"For that I am thrilled to have this," I said warmly.

"Thought so; now lets get moving Celestia is waiting at the Embassy,"

"Oh yes, the new Equestrian Embassy; but is that not in Northern California?" I asked.

"Yes it is, but soon there will be another in Los Angeles," Sunset explained.

"Wow...two Embassy's?"

"I know it makes little sense but what if I told you it's because when your identity is known, you will have this southern Embassy for your adopted family's sake? Also it is closer to T.O. than Sacramento," Sunset said.

"Ah okay; that would be perfect," I said looking pleased.

"Good; but yes as you now know there will be a second one being built, you still have to make the trip north until construction is finished," Sunset stated.

"I understand Sunset, at least with this long ride it will give time for us to talk again or just be together,"

"I look forward to that, I missed you too bro," Sunset said hugging me again.

"Likewise," I replied.

We soon were on our way on the long journey north to my adopted state's capital where the new Embassy sat, along the way it gave Sunset a chance to take in what sights she could of the 31st State of California.

"This is a nice quiet small city," Sunset remarked as we pulled out of my neighborhood.

"That is it, I would maybe compare it to Ponyville in which at first it was a small city and so open that parts of this city were used in old west movies in the 50's & 60's," I informed.

"Whoa, pretty cool," Sunset remarked genuinely.

"My adopted family grew up here, and were less than half a mile away from each other," I added.

"How cute! What are the odds?" Sunset said looking impressed.

"I know; not only that but my dad and his brothers and sister, and my mother and her sisters all attended the same high school that later I attended and now my step-brother,"

"Wow! This was a small town," Sunset commented in surprise.

"It was made a city officially in 1964," I informed.

"Let me guess, someone in your family was the first graduate of that high school huh?" Sunset asked with a wink.

"My mother's eldest sister was the first graduate of TOHS in 1966," I stated.

"I figured," Sunset remarked smirking.

"Not sure what interest you would have but...would you want to know about what I know about my adopted state?" I asked unsure if she would like that sort of thing.

"Sure! I wouldn't mind it, as long as there is no quiz after," Sunset winked.

"There will not be any quiz," I said chuckling.

"Alright, what do you know?"

"Well for starters....California was part of a large amount of land which was once part of Mexico, after the Mexican-American War of 1846-48 it was won by the US; but before that around the time war started, settlers of California wanted to break away from Mexico and be a separate country like Texas was, it was able to and hence why it's state flag has the words, 'California Republic' because it was one but for a pitiful less than a month from June-July 1846 before being occupied by the U.S. . Then on Sept. 9, 1850 California became the 31st State and it's star was added July 4th as do new stars for all new states as a tradition in honor of the nation's birthday," I stated.

"Wow David, you know quite a lot!" Sunset said surprised.

"I am a history nut..." I explained.

"A reason I feel Twilight and you would have a lot more in common than I do..." Sunset joked.

"That is a shame though..." I said looking a little bummed.

"It's okay David, I'm okay with that I was just joking; Twilight and I have for a while became like sisters, her and Cadence too," Sunset explained.

"That is good to hear, I am glad you have made a bond since your own return to Equestria,"

"It was not easy I will admit that, many were unsure what to think; many others....questioned Celestia about my presence," Sunset said glumly.

"I can only imagine what they may say to me when they meet me next..."

"Celestia said she would make sure things are under control before that happened," Sunset explained.

"Good....because I shudder to think about how I would handle the Press..." I said looking pale.

"That is why I will be there too, not just Mom, Aunt Luna, and Cadence," Sunset said putting a hand on me.

"Good....oh! How is Cadence?" I asked.

"Equestrian pregnancies take longer that human ones...she is still waiting...but hopes to have her first 'Sonogram'," Sunset told me.

"Oh how nice! I was hoping she would get to do that," I said smiling, "Are they 10 months or 11?" I asked in addition.

"They can be eleven..." Sunset said.

"Woof!....." I said looking stunned, Sunset laughed at that.

"Yeah, they must be an eye opener to you...I feel jealous of human girls.....only 9 months? I and Cadence would love that!" Sunset said enthusiastically.

"Wait....why did you say you would love that?" I asked looking confused, Sunset caught on and corrected me.

"I am not pregnant...I am still single...."

"Okay do not do that!" I joked, Sunset and I laughed.

"But yeah Cadence is fine, entering her 10th month," Sunset said.

"I am excited for them, I am curious what it may be,"

"As am I, but the foal being healthy comes first," Sunset said.

"Amen to that; now for perhaps an embarrassing question just for my sake should my relationship with Jasmine ends and I date a mare next; is there another difference between women & mares I need to know?" I asked looking embarrassed.

"Not much at all, things are quite similar really," Sunset answered.

"Good....because with some fans of you-know-what, they figure you are like actual ponies in which mares...have a heat cycle..." I said still embarrassed, I swear my face was red.

"OH HEAVENLY FATHER NO! We are not that much like the ponies you know, we do not go into heat," Sunset explained looking embarrassed herself.

"Just checking...." I said trying not to make things awkward.

"That's alright, gotta know what you gotta know," Sunset said, I relaxed at this; "However there is something stallions go through," Sunset said trailing off.

"What?!" I asked horrified.

"It's called.....being gullible!" Sunset said bursting into laughter, I retaliated appropriately.

"Aw relax David, this is what you get having a sister," Sunset said trying to be sisterly.

"That was not funny," I remarked, Sunset chuckled and then hugged me.

"Love you brother,"

"Love you too sister," I said; we were now just calming down and taking in sights for the next portion of the trip.

The trip went on for a while but after a few more miles we stopped to stretch our legs and get some lunch as well, to avoid suspicion Sunset kept her human disguise for my sake; we stopped at a Carl's Jr. before we were to continue, and to be honest it was interesting, because here I learned another 'secret': The Equestrian Diet.

I just sat there...not believing what I was seeing, sure I ate to keep it from going cold but I just took a moment to understand what it was Sunset was eating.....a hamburger??

"Uh....Sunset?...I mean....'Summer'?" I asked, Summer though not too original was Sunset's human name she took on when she came here; Sunset then looked at me when I addressed her.

"Yeah? What?" she replied with a half-full mouth.

"You are eating....meat," I said, Sunset looked at me with a 'Yeah so what?' expression before her eyes widened slightly upon getting my observation.

"Oh...I see; well as I said we are not fully like ponies, meat is not a must but shares a small part of our diet; think of it as your current diet, in reverse in which vegetables are a minority in your diet as meat is to ours," Sunset explained.

"That makes perfect sense, thank you for the explanation,"

"Welcome David," Sunset said taking another bite, "But if I may say while in human form....the liking of meat does change..." Sunset added.

"I can tell...in addition I see you may have picked up on Twilight's eating habits," I chuckled.

"Wha?" Sunset said mouth full, "I'm hungwy," she said again through a full mouth.

"Now thanks to you I may see Celestia pulling something like this herself," I said amused.

"You kidding? She may be informal but I have never seen her be a slob when we are eating casually..." Sunset said wiping her mouth.

"You sure?.....there was a photo of her being a slob eating cake," I said with a continued amusement.

"I remember that...could not believe it when I saw that...."

"I thought it was an eye opener," I said.

"Be funny to watch again," Sunset chuckled.

"It would...it would prove officially she can be and is informal at heart," I said.

"That it would," Sunset greed, "I think we should be going, we have a long trip ahead," she said getting up to dispose of her trash.

"Sounds good, I remember how long it was the last time I went; granted it was not in a limo though," I recalled.

"Why were you heading to Sacramento?" Sunset asked.

"Visit my adopted mom's sister Shelley and her once living mother,"

"Oh cool, that must have been nice," Sunset said.

"It was, including the Railroad Museum there," I mentioned.

"Ah I see, I remember you loved trains from my last visit," Sunset recalled after getting a drink refill.

"Yes...sadly never been able to ride the trains when they ran occasionally there,"

"Maybe next time you might get lucky," Sunset said.

"Perhaps, providing I am not swarmed on by fans or just people eager to get close to new aliens,"

"I can see that...that is why you have guards," Sunset reminded.

"Oh yes.....but I guess I do not like guards being like a brute squad pushing people away just so I can have my space invade theirs,"

"Ah okay..." Sunset understood putting a hand on me, "Try not to think of it that way...they are there to keep you safe from those who...do not want your autograph," Sunset stated.

"I know Sunset, it is just the idea that is all,"

"You'll get used to it...believe me you will; that and something I want to show you when we get home," Sunset said warmly.

"What is it?"

"It is a surprise," Sunset said winking.

"I am sure it is..." I said getting in, soon we were off again and it was to Sunset's statement, a actually very scenic journey, she said she could understand why I loved California so much, and expressed that she would want me to continue loving it even though I was not born here, plus she said she would not mind visiting here to take in more of The Golden State's locations of interest.

A few hours more passed as we made our way north, it would be late afternoon by the time we get there due to subtle road closings and reserved routes arranged in advance by the Governor of California and also...the President of the United States.

We soon arrived at the embassy, the embassy was in true Equestria design of a look similar to the posh houses in Canterlot; the embassy a simple white painted with 7 marble columns and purple trim with a fountain that had a dragon and phoenix. The time was 5:30 PM by the time we arrived and we were greeted by security before we entered; upon entering we walked through the reception room area which led to a hallway that in turn came an elaborate version of a familiar looking mirror behind a wrought iron gate.

"I see Celestia liked this mirror enough to make another one, and this one looks far more decorated," I said.

The mirror was gold colored standing at 7 feet high and square in shape, with the paper pony shapes of two Alicorns framing the posts of the mirror, the mirror itself was guarded and gated off surely showing that our way home would be secure...however one merely has to caste a spell then no one could get in or out without magic...it is more official than it was....no human nation could attack Equestria so declaring war?........Yeah right!!

"Well this is the newest of it's type, took mom a while to have it made plus it has an improved version of Twilight's magic-tech device to open and close the portal," Sunset explained.

"Oh yeah...that makes sense, I can imagine why," I said nodding in agreement.

"Well come on let's move we have clearance," Sunset said walking to the portal.

"Right behind you," I said following behind.

We entered the portal at last but not before Sunset warned me it was a doozy getting there...they have to still perfect the portal to make it less dizzying, upon arriving we were in a fancily designed building, Equestrian flags were present in the room as well as US flags in addition bordering the portal like the Equestrian flags did back where we came from; it was clear this was the prettiest embassy's I have ever been in despite that I saw the one on earth, and they both was my first embassy period.

My biggest surprise was not however the building but.....Sunset was in her true form and....there was something glaringly different....two BIG things different....when I saw Sunset, she had two majestic, beautiful, and no pun intended, shimmering...

"Uh...are those?...."

"Mm?...Oh! *chuckle* surprise~...." she said giving her appendages a little flap, "Celestia gave them to me a while ago, since it was her that removed them when I was born," Sunset explained.

"So.....what about me?"

"You may get them when she restores your true form," Sunset reasoned folding her beautiful wings behind her.

"I...am curious how I will look as an Equestrian..." I mused.

"More likely you may or may not look like Celestia but Sombra, but I am just guessing," Sunset guessed.

"I suppose...." I mused; it was not long before two Royal Guards approached us and spoke.

"Princess Sunset, we are here to escort you and Prince David," the first guard a pegasus said; the two guards were a white pegasus, and grey unicorn.

"Very well, is Celestia in the embassy?" Sunset asked.

"Yes your Majesty, she is," the unicorn guard said.

"Good; David?" Sunset said motioning me to move.

"Coming" I replied; off we were now to meet Celestia, for me the first time on Equestrian soil since my birth and to be honest...I weirdly felt nervous...why? Perhaps I was more afraid of what will come much later than being afraid of meeting my mother, of which there was no fear anyways...if anything, I was eager to see her this time.

We and the guards walked for about 3 minutes when I saw her, there was bordered by two white unicorn guards was Celestia, and to say she was happy......big understatement.

"Sunset, David; welcome home!" Celestia said as we closed the gap.

"Hey mom, it's good to be home," Sunset said hugging Celestia, Celestia then looked to me after giving her affection to Sunset then spoke to me.

"Welcome to Equestria David..." Celestia said tears in her eye as she moved to me.

"Thanks mom," I said giving her a hug as well; she and I hugged a bit before she with a vibe of reluctance let go.

"I am sure you will enjoy your visit here, at least....I hope you do, you are far from what you know and I want you to be comfortable," Celestia said.

"I am sure it may be not any problem," I said warmly.

"Excellent! Now then, there are 6 ponies and a dragon who want to see you," Celestia said melodically while smiling over her shoulder as she walked ahead.

"Oh dear.....I sense a attack from a pony the Pink kind," I remarked, Celestia laughed in response and said.

"Don't worry, Pinkie will be on her best behavior," Celestia said with her warm giggle in her voice.

"Good....but I feel that may be a partially hollow promise," I remarked looking unsure.

"Trust me son, she will be remaining calm and controlled; she has been practicing since Twilight visited you," Celestia informed.

"That is...quite a long time,"

"It was cute really, knowing how Pinkie is I was proud and amused to see her try so hard to maintain control of her energetic personality," Celestia remarked still a warm mirth in her voice.

"I can imagine...since she could literally watch paint dry when she puts her mind & heart to it," I remarked.

"Too true," Celestia said chuckling at my remark; to be honest I think the reason she is easily amused was she was already giddy about me being home again and talking with her.

"Mom looks rather giddy does she?" I asked Sunset aloud intentionally.

"Can you blame her?" Sunset said likewise, Celestia however said nothing but was clearly listening.

We soon left the Embassy and entered Canterlot itself, the city was eye opening! It was just as if not more beautiful, majestic, and regal than I thought it would be!

"Whoa...." I said looking at the scenery.

"This is home David, your home; when you fully return here," Celestia said moving to next to me.

"I see that....." I said looking at everything from buildings to ponies.

"Don't worry, I will handle your introduction to the nobles,"

"Thanks mom, I am going to need the help," I said.

"You will have it, but you will do what comes afterwards," Celestia said.

"Wha-?" I said looking nervous.

"You have to learn how to talk to nobility," Celestia said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"You will at least give pointer's?"

"Yes David, but first let's get to the castle okay? Here comes the carriage," Celestia said.

What I saw was surprising, there was our chariot that I see Celestia use alot, but also I saw moving past it was...a car? Besides the presence of cars looking like 1920's and 1930's cars it was what was pulling the chariot! They were royal guards, but the were Anthro-Pony Centaurs??

"How is it they are centaurs?" I asked.

"Oh, it is part of our anatomy; all ponies can do this, Earth, Pegasi, and Unicorn," Celestia explained.

"So that includes you, me, and Sunset for sure," I reasoned.

"Yes, it does; now let's get moving, don't want to keep Twilight and her friends waiting," Celestia said boarding.

"Yes, let's," I said; soon all three of us boarded, but the guards that were with us shifted into their centaur forms and trotted along side as we rolled away to Canterlot Castle.

"Oh and I will have the DNA test I set up done for you later today," Celestia informed me.

"Thank you Celestia, I am happy you mentioned that," I said in a kind tone.

"It may be hard to accept your skepticism but I am aware about why you ask this; you have that right," Celestia stated.

"I asked for the same in case I forgot and it panned out," Sunset remarked.

"I feel it should do the same for me," I said sitting back to take in the Equestrian capital.

TO BE CONTINUED.