• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 6,505 Views, 201 Comments

Son of the Sun - Buckeye49



I am a partial fan of MLP, I perhaps shamelessly have a crush on the Princesses; what happens when one of the Princesses, is my mother?

  • ...
61
 201
 6,505

Chapter 12: An Equestrian Tour: Pt. 2

Author's Note:

(Hope the tour was being liked now, a little more; revising is hard.:facehoof:)

*Revision take: 1.


Yesterday was a busy one, a day of seeing the capital, then the homes and business of 5 of the 6 Element's of Harmony; today we will be seeing the home of Rainbow Dash and taking a visit to Ponyville's Spa of which Rarity was eager to do as much as my visit to her boutique, but first was that morning as everypony was waking up.

I woke up the next day stretching a bit as I woke exhaling through my nose sounding almost like the steam engines I love as I woke; I look over and notice Sunset is not there but suddenly hearing a shower told me what she was doing.

"I suppose I should leave Sunset for her own privacy," I said sliding out of bed to first open the bathroom door a crack to call into the room to tell Sunset I will leave the room for her usage before I do what I need to do this morning.

"Alright! Go ahead David!" Sunset called above the running water.

I thanked her, told her I will be in the Thrones Room when she tells me the room is free for me and took off for where I said where I would be. As I walked to the Thrones Room I encountered my first pony of the day in Twi's Castle, time 7:45 AM.

"Hey David, sleep well?" Rainbow said rubbing the sleep out of her eyes even though she clearly showered already, she had dressed in her clothes already.

"I did actually, I must have been really tired because I do not even remember falling asleep," I said rubbing my eyes.

"Wow dude~ You were tired!" Rainbow laughed scratching her butt and stretching her wings at the same time, ah classy Rainbow...there is the Tomboy we all know.

"Is everypony up already?"

"Nah~ I guess we're the early birds," Rainbow said.

"Sunset too."

"She's up? Huh, I guess that is three of us." Rainbow remarked rubbing her eyes.

"However my mother may be up too and Luna."

"That's true, Celestia and Luna would be up early since they control the sun & moon."

"Now I have to wait for Sunset so I can shower up," I said stretching again.

"Ah okay; see you later David."

"See you Rainbow," I said leaving; after a small walk I was in the room and there was the two earliest birds in the castle and Equus; there siting in Rainbows throne was Celestia, with Luna sitting in Pinkie's throne, both of them had there day clothes; in addition no pony had brought night clothes so they slept however they felt comfortable, except Twilight since we were in her home.

"Hello David," my mother said smiling warmly having looked completely well rested.

"Morning mom, you look well rested; morning Luna."

"Thank you Davy," my mother chimed warmly.

"Morning to you as well," Luna said smiling.

"Did you sleep well?" mom asked.

"Yes I did; I must have been tired because I do not remember falling asleep."

"Goodness! That is tired," Luna remarked, "It explained why I could not see your dreams."

"I suppose."

"I am amused how casual you are about my ability involving dreams nephew," Luna chuckled.

"I know what you do, so what is there for me to not be casual about?"

"I guess that makes sense," Celestia reasoned.

"What brings you here this hour?" Luna asked.

"Waiting for Sunset to let me use the shower."

"Ah okay," my mother said relaxing in one of the thrones.

"So what is the plan first?"

"We will all decide this when everypony is awake," Celestia said.

"Alright; I can wait til then," I replied; just then Sunset came from behind and told me the shower was available.

I walked off back to the room and showered up for the day; after showering up I clothed myself and left back for the Thrones Room again to see who else would be awake next.

Upon arriving into the room I found my mother, aunt, sister, AND now Rainbow again with Twilight & Spike, Pinkie, and Applejack; Rarity and Fluttershy were slow to start so we sat and chatted waiting for them to show up from their rooms; time was 8 AM.

"Howdy David! Sleep well?" Applejack greeted in her usual manor sitting in her own throne.

"I did actually."

"He didn't even remember falling asleep!" Rainbow remarked sitting in her throne while my mother sat in Fluttershy's and Luna took a guest seat next to Rainbow.

"That sounds pretty tuckered," Aj replied.

"Well it's nice to know you all slept well," Twilight said rubbing her eyes and Spike cracked his back, Twi was in her seat as was Spike.

"Yeah, good thing; I have to get Breakfast started," Spike spoke up.

"I trust you will have a good one made to start of our day," I remarked.

"I'm making pancakes," Spike said.

"Sounds wonderful Spike," Celestia chimed.

"That would be nice," Twilight said.

"Just try not to use them as a pillow Twi," I joked; Twilight blushed as she remembered why that joke made sense, everypony else chuckled or laughed.

"Tee-Hee-Hee! I remember that! That was really funny, 'I am pancakes!' That was a funny thing to say," Pinkie recalled giggling cutely smirking in her playfully innocent way.

"Is that another reference to the show accurately portraying something that really happened?" Luna chuckled.

"Yes; more or less that is true," I laughed.

"Good one David," Sunset chuckled from Rarity's throne.

"I wonder where Fluttershy and Rarity are?" Aj asked looking around the room.

"Taking their sweet time...." Rainbow remarked looking annoyed.

"One does not rush preparing for one's day darling!~" Rarity crooned from the direction I came from which was the only way into the room as well.

"S-Sorry everypony, overslept..." Fluttershy cooed softly from behind still adorably wiping the sleep from her eyes; Fluttershy still being the passive one to some degree, decided to let my mother keep her seat and sat next to my right on Luna's left.

"That is okay Fluttershy, I do that sometimes," I said kindly.

"How often?" Sunset asked.

"During High School every to most weekends," I replied, "Slept in til 1 PM a few times."

"Sounds lovely actually," Luna chuckled.

"That late?" my mother asked surprised, "Wouldn't mind that from time to time," she confessed.

"I can imagine why," I remarked.

"Even we need time off to ourselves," Luna said.

"I know...you know? This is actually not bad, it is more comfy than it looks," I said adjusting myself in a guest seat next on Spike's right, 1 of a few seats that had actually been added not too long ago after Starlight Glimmer's redemption.

For the record Starlight was in her old village again but kept her word of keeping harmony and friendship as Twilight's new student as the show covered, but Starlight was given literally a seat at the table hence the additions for guests atop Starlight's seat on Twilight's left, Aj's right.

"He ain't lyin'," Aj said resting her head on her left fist with her elbow on the arm rest.

"As you know I was a little....overwhelmed by this castle," Twilight said her ears flattening back.

"I know, your friends however went above and beyond to give it that warmth of a home," I remarked.

"That was the most special thing they've done," Twilight recalled.

"It was, and this chandelier is a gorgeous way of doing that," Celestia said.

"It is....amazing that they got the actual roots of the Library you had to make it, and used a spell to capture memories in crystals," Sunset remarked.

"It was worth the effort to find and perform the spell," Rarity said boastfully looking over her nails, now seated in her own throne of which then Sunset got up and sat to my left.

"I can imagine it was a difficult spell?" I asked.

"It was...to be honest I don't know how Twilight does what she does when she caste's spells that are uncommon," Rarity said wiping her forehead of invisible sweat.

"Well I may have strong magic, it is no easier for me," Twilight confessed.

"No need for modesty Twilight, it is alright," Rarity retorted.

"No really Rarity it is true," Twilight replied.

"I know...but it is true that you are strong, taking on Tirek on your own? To a stalemate?? That's a feat," Rarity responded.

"She has you there Twilight," Rainbow remarked.

"Oh no she did have help...she kind of cheats...." I said.

"Oh yeah, you had the power of 3 Alicorns in you," Pinkie said.

"Yes...she did have that I forgot, but that still is a brave thing...." Rarity said.

"I am not sure if I at this point in time could face that guy," I remarked, "Even with, my mother, aunt, and cousin's magic."

"Don't sell yourself short David, you might live up to your alter-ego," Luna said.

"One day perhaps, one day," I replied.

"Breakfast is ready!~" Spike called out.

"I'm starvin'!" Aj stated as Spike made his way to us with 2 plates at a time; soon we all began our breakfast, while eating we discussed where we should head first.

"So everypony, where to today first?" Twilight asked.

"I would perhaps try as a start a visit to Cloudsdale and Rainbow's home, then head for the spa," Celestia suggested.

"It's an idea; but this could just be me talkin', and it is, but I say my place first," Rainbow said.

"I could go for my mom's suggestion," Sunset said.

"I would agree with my sister as well, what say the rest of you?" Luna remarked.

"Not to be predictable but I like the spa first; but I suppose it would be a likely choice to make it the last place to stop," Rarity replied.

"I like seeing Cloudsdale first," Fluttershy cooed out as a shy vote.

"So I think we have a lop-sided vote, Cloudsdale it is," Twilight stated.

"Sounds good; I guess there is a majority," I remarked.

"Excellent; we leave as soon as everypony is ready," Celestia stated.

"Sounds like a plan," I agreed.

After a light talk we headed back to our rooms to dress fully; after that since we will be spending the night at Rainbow's we separated so the others could head to their respective homes to get their night clothes and sleeping bags; my mother, Luna and Sunset being strong magically gifted made a teleportation to Canterlot to retrieve their stuff then we all will head to Cloudsdale, but first....

"Since we have some earth-bond ponies here I have a little spell for you, also to get there we will head to the Hot-air Balloon Station and charter a Balloon to head up," Twilight informed.

"Very good then," Luna said; Twilight then did as she said and soon we non-flying ponies were ready to walk on clouds literally.

"There; now trust me you may not know it Bold, but you now can literally walk on clouds," Twilight explained.

"I trust you Twi, why should I not?" I expressed.

"Thank you Bold, I know this is all new but it does mean a lot to trust what I do," Twilight said warmly with a kind smile.

"You are welcome Twilight; that is true this is new to the extreme, and everything is an experience," I stated.

"We know that, all the reason we are taking things slowly and will wait on everything we do until you show comfort first," Celestia said.

"I am grateful for that too, I know you mean well," I said.

"Okay; now that we got that clear can we go?" Rainbow said impatiently; ah there she goes again being the Rainbow you would expect.

"Yes Rainbow we are going, just be patient," Celestia replied.

"Sure...Okay..." Rainbow said relenting; soon we headed off to the Hot-air Balloon Station and chartered a balloon while Celestia, Luna, Sunset, Twilight, Rainbow, and Fluttershy take flight along side.

"Alright everypony, next stop: Cloudsdale!" Twilight announced taking to the air to wait for the rest of us in the balloon to rise up; it took a bit but once we loaded our essentials we soon we were going up.

The balloon was now a few hundred feet up and we began to drift to Cloudsdale, but before that we wanted to stop at Rainbow's home so I could get a first hand basic feel for being where I will be.

"You doin' okay David?" Sunset asked as she flew beside us.

"I am okay...I do not mind heights that much..." I said glancing over the basket's edge.

"You sure?" Sunset asked again.

"Yes sister I am fine," I replied a little annoyed.

"Okay I believe you," Sunset remarked before saying nothing more while along side our mom & aunt, Twi, Rainbow, and Fluttershy.

"You get used to it darling," Rarity assured kindly.

"I know...one often does with new things..." I said taking in the view of a shrinking Ponyville.

"This ought to be another experience to remember," Aj remarked.

"That it will," I replied now looking at the group with me.

"Balloons are perfectly safe~ Nothin' to worry about," Pinkie said lackadaisically.

"I get it Pinkie, but thank you for the confidence," I said kindly, though it made me worry a little since Pinkie sometimes jinxes things more than she knows....

"You're welcome!~" Pinkie chimed in reply.

"Soo~....What'cha want to do when we get to either my place, or Cloudsdale?" Rainbow asked flitting down to us and floating beside the basket.

"If your house first what would you like?" I asked in reply.

"Hmm......That I have to think on..." Rainbow said.

"We can take our time, no rush or anything," I responded.

"True...we can just chill while at my place before we think of anything; great idea David!~" Rainbow said before zipping off to the other flyers in our group; I could tell from here she was expressing the idea with the flyers and from the looks of it they agreed and soon Rainbow returned.

"They say they're game about it; so 'chillin' at my place to think is a go," Rainbow stated before returning to the flyers.

Soon without another word we reached her palace, one thing that definitely got me was of course...the lack of thinner air and low oxygen, either it is we are not high enough or magic strikes again.

"Nice digs Rainbow," I remarked.

"Thanks; is it what you thought or better?" Rainbow replied then asked.

"Better," I said, which was to be honest true! Her house was far more like a palace than in the show, she had a house that would scream 'I am rich'.

"Awesome!" Rainbow remarked proudly pumping her fist; we soon made our exit of the balloon and...

"Well...it works..." I remarked as I stepped on cloud for the first time.

"Told you~" Twilight bragged as she rather gracefully landed on the clouds too along with the other flyers; Rainbow however decided to land with a show off style.

"I never doubted Twi, just saying it for effect..." I remarked though 1/6 of me was actually unsure if the spell would work for some reason...maybe it was fear it would not work on me but work on the others.

"Okay then," Twilight said walking forward with the flying ponies.

"Whadda ya think? Pretty cool walking clouds literally huh?~" Rainbow asked enthusiastically.

"It is cool...very cool," I replied honestly.

"Only in Equestria!" Rainbow bragged as she went to open her house's door.

"Com'on in everypony!" Rainbow said invitingly; we soon carried inside our things, once inside it was an eye full!....

"Whoa....." I said jaw slacked.

"It's somethin' is it?" Rainbow said chuckling as she used her finger to close my jaw.

"It is....this would cost a pretty penny...."

"Yeah good luck on that," Rainbow laughed as we walked further in; I noticed then pictures she had including...

"So I take it Tank is somewhere?" I asked.

"He'a around somewhere...So heads up," Rainbow remarked.

"Sure thing Rainbow, I remember when he hibernated," I said, "That was hard on you was it?"

"You got that right...even to some level the show too...it was one of the hardest things I did in my life," Rainbow recalled.

"Well at least it is a temporary thing, and he should live a century if he is young," I said.

"Yeah he will, Fluttershy aged him at 30 years old now."

"Oh good that is a long time left for him."

"David has a tortoise too Rainbow," Celestia remarked.

"Yeah you told me; he sounds cute, only a baby? Wow you will have him a long time..."

"That is true...but it is my step-brother's pet...."

"Oh really? Aw that is sad..." Rainbow said.

"Well that does not mean I as mentioned am not family still."

"True but I hope your relationship with your human family and you stays good."

"I know Rainbow...so does my mother and Sunset."

"I feel things will still be okay; as I swore, you and your human parents shall still have a bond, and you know your adopted mother will not just cut you loose," Celestia remarked.

"I know...but that is one worry, I have 4+," I remarked.

"What is that?" Rainbow asked.

"Friends I made who at least 2 of 4 will have their heart intact," I replied.

"Oh right...." Twilight said recalling.

"What you talking about David?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh right only Celestia, Twi, Sunset, and Fluttershy know about this...let me fill you in," I said.

"We're listening," Rarity said relaxing on a couch.

"Well you see I shared with Celestia and then Twi & Sunset a fact about my world on their visit, and that is you all have 'Admirer's' of which Luna, Twi, Applejack, and Fluttershy have admirer's," I informed.

"Really?~ Do tell!~" Rarity cooed.

"Sadly Rarity...you know why it is a problem..." Twilight said.

"What do you-.....Oh...." Rarity said expressing insight then wincing at her realization.

"Wow....That means two guys hearts will be smashed," Rainbow said rubbing her arm in awkwardness and guilt.

"*sigh* This is what David faces and although Cadence, I and Twilight agreed to help, he feels this burden is still on his shoulders," Celestia said somberly.

"Given that they are friends it would be like us dealing with one of us," Aj reasoned.

"A good comparison Applejack," Luna praised.

"Thank ya," Aj replied.

"I will bake some 'We're sorry for breaking your heart's' goods, cupcakes, cookies and things like that..." Pinkie said glumly.

"I am sure they would appreciate it...hopefully both...if not then one will...." I said.

"I just hope my admirer will be willing to talk...let alone show up...and then take it all well," Luna said somberly.

"As do I Luna....He seemed troubled when he left..." I said.

"I assure you if he shows, I will be most comforting," Luna said comfortingly.

"Thank you..." I replied.

"On a different note, shall I show you around my home David?" Rainbow said.

"Sure I would like that," I replied; Rainbow and I then left for different places in the downstairs including the kitchen, next we headed upstairs, heading to 3 rooms that could be guest rooms before ending up in Rainbows room, what I saw caught me by surprise.

"Whoa...this is different..." I said looking around; Rainbow's room had what you would guess being in Rainbow's room, the Wonderbolt Poster's and Trophies, but also in her closet, frilly dresses that had a Tomboy dress but had a feminine look, next there were Nail Polish bottles, and on her bed was plushies of a tortoise, bear, and even a bunny...

But also on her bed with a propeller on its shell was Tank laying there looking toward Rainbow as she walked to him.

"Hey Tank! How you doin' little buddy?" Rainbow said picking him up to nuzzle his nose, Tank simply smiled really slow.

"Aw~ Hey Tank," I said smiling at him, " I love him."

"Thanks David, I would like to meet Rufus some day," Rainbow replied smiling placing him down, Tank then decide to float up and fly to his little bed Rainbow had in a corner of her room by her dresser to the right of her bedroom door.

"Well...not quite what I expected," I said looking around more.

"Like I said, I'm not that much the Tomboy you and others thought I was..." Rainbow said blushing cutely while rubbing her arm shyly.

"That is okay, I find it charming," I said warmly causing Rainbow to blush more.

"Thanks David, that means alot," Rainbow said hugging me; that is also new...but really cute.

"Welcome Rainbow," I said returning the hug; this was just to touching in all honesty, I was liking this in a way one just looks at a situation and loves it; this was an unintentional warm scene, totally normal until....

"Uh...Rainbow?" I said.

"Yes David?"

"You have something of yours laying around," I said pointing to the floor.

"What is?-....OH CRAP!" Rainbow said seeing what I saw blushing profusely; what it was, was one of Rainbow's bras and panties lying there along with a magazine about the Wonderbolts open to a page with Soarin in a pose laying on his side.....Oh Lord...*blush*

"So sorry about that..." Rainbow said tossing the undergarments and magazine away somewhere out of sight.

"It is okay...I sort of expected some kind of mess in your room" I chuckled but did awkwardly while I was blushing brightly.

"Yeah but I actually do like a clean room," Rainbow stated.

"Nothing wrong with a little mess...but it is a pleasant difference to be clean," I remarked not being embarrassed anymore.

"I know, thank you anyways...*blush*" Rainbow replied; for the record she still has a hard time expressing feelings so this is progress for her.

"Anytime; how about we head down stairs and prep for Cloudsdale?"

"Sure David, let's go," Rainbow said walking to her door; soon we were down stairs and we regrouped to prep for leaving for Cloudsdale, after talking a little we then made our departure.

"While there we can get lunch then head to the Weather Factory," Rainbow said while floating as she does when not walking.

"Sounds good," I said looking around at the changing scenery; being in the clouds was a trip and a half, looking around it was more than one could say...you could see for miles in every direction including Cloudsdale.

"Quite something up here is it?" Sunset asked.

"It is...I will bet even more so when I start flying..." I said looking uneasy only when I see holes in the clouds.

"Careful where you step, sorry to ruin the experience but it is a fact about walking on clouds," Twilight advised.

"Got it...." I replied shakily.

"It's alright David," my mother said comfortingly.

"Thanks mom..."

"I promise you will have plenty of help where needed," Luna chimed in.

"I feel better already," I replied looking a little better; we then made it to Cloudsdale, with that...my next part of the tour begins.

TO BE CONTINUED.