• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 6,504 Views, 201 Comments

Son of the Sun - Buckeye49



I am a partial fan of MLP, I perhaps shamelessly have a crush on the Princesses; what happens when one of the Princesses, is my mother?

  • ...
61
 201
 6,504

Chapter 5: Sibling Socializing Pt. 1

Author's Note:

I apologize for this series of meetings but if you think about it...if your life was turned upside-down, would you want to get to know people and things, or just jump in blind??
Plus I hope this meeting was smooth flowing...:twilightsheepish:

*Revision take: 1.


The meeting went well, with me eventually telling her about my life so far, including my Reenacting hobby of which she wanted me to not quit because of my new life as a prince; she was eager to help me and be there as a mother would, it was the least she could do for me due to the uprooting of a life I thought was real and mine, never the less after a while more at 3:30PM they were ready to leave, but not until she gave me a means of communication and a sweet moment of a last hug and tender words from Celestia as she seemed willing to live here than leave me again. Soon I was alone aside from my brother and I soon waited for the next reunion, my sister, step-brother & his wife, and my cousins.

**Two weeks later, August 2nd**

I was sitting waiting for my kin to arrive...though to be honest...despite a month going by it still bothered me that I was in a stranger's home, my room was not fully mine, my brother not even related; things were still awkward and my parents were emotional messes, they wished that things were not true and yet...it was glaring them in face, and now I was about to meet those who were my real blood and relations.

I in addition was soon planning on a job even though I had one practically given to me I wanted a cover until I took up my new life career, it was possibly a job of 'rolling' or wrapping silverware in a napkin for Chili's Restaurant for work experience not an official job part of a working program, it may pay only $3 an hour but for a beginning job I was not going to be picky...It was just to kill time anyway. ;)

I waited a while longer and 1:40PM there was a knock at the door again, I opened it and there was the following ponies in disguise.

There was first for the women a girl with black hair standing at '6-5", she had slightly tanned skin, she was wearing a modest dark purple skirt and black tight jeans with shin high boots, her moderate violet eyes and short front cut with long in back hair style were a give away who she was, Twilight.

The second woman(mare) was at '6-10" with light blonde hair with patches of brown, she had on a modest light blue T-shirt with blue loose jeans with the same gold short heels, her hair long one side and in back said who she was, but what surprised me was a glaring, large, swollen belly.....It was a pregnant...Cadence.

The Third mare stood '6-5", white skin, dark red hair wearing an outfit that said she had little intention of disguising herself...it was clearly my sister Sunset Shimmer.

The final mare stood '6-3", dark skinned of Hispanic ethnic, brunette with curly hair with long in back, startlingly beautiful glowing crystal light-blue eyes, wearing a short dark blue dress with white socks and girls black dress slippers, her name I got before my mother left was 'Gabriela El-Nina' before it became 'Gabriela Sterling-Silver', she was my step-brother's wife.

Now for the two stallions; the first had gold blonde hair, white, wearing a white button dress shirt, had black dress pants and dress shoes, he was Blueblood for sure.

The second was Joshua, he was the standard height as well, eerily the same hair and eyes as Jesse Sterling-Silver, wearing a red T-Shirt with blue jeans and black laced dress shoes...must be a common thing...save for Sunset and Twilight....

"Hey bro, how are you?" Sunset asked first.

"Hey there Sis," I said stepping out to hug Sunset.

"You know, I know Sombra's your real father but...." Twilight said.

"You would think she lied would you?" I said.

"Pretty much," Twilight said.

We laughed at that then I greeted my other kin including Twilight,

"And Cadence, congrats," I said.

"Thank you, we wonder what it could be..." Cadence said.

"Well if you have not given birth yet by when Equestria is made known, we have something that could help with that," I said.

"Oh I heard about that, it sounds wonderful! I can't wait, but I have to for 3 more months," Cadence said.

Before my mother left she told me Equestria was and more over Twilight, her friends, and my kin were informed about our world and its technology; in addition she explained how Equestria will be introduced and any other details that come with it, this I expressed sounded a bit nuts but she assured me all things will be explained and will work out.

"Good; you are my new in-law?" I asked Gabriela.

"Yes, good to meet you mi hermano," she said in a admittedly smooth and attractive accent when she hugged me.

"Likewise," I said.

"Blueblood, I am pleased to see you," I said extending a hand.

"Well I suppose it is interesting to have a cousin being the son of Celestia...I must admit I was caught off guard by this and Sunset but...many things about me has changed yet one thing hasn't, family is valuable to me," Blueblood said pulling me into a surprise embrace.

"I share the same notion," I said, "Well now that we have been introduced let us head inside," I said in addition; soon we then headed inside for our official chat to discuss things of bonding importance.

Once inside the group dropped their human disguises and revealed them as in a way I would expect, but with somethings new; for my step sister-in-law she was a Pegasus, which made her maiden name make sense...'El-Nina'.

"There, now to explain what has been going on and a few backstories," Twilight said.

"Sounds good, and by the way yes I have quite a few animals...." I said.

In all I have 9 pets, 4 Parakeets, 2 cats, a fish, Tortoise, and a pigeon; of which was cooing as the group filed in, and Hoops took off and hid again...shame...but Marbles made it an instant priority to greet my guests.

"You have a pigeon?" Twilight asked noticing Casey cooing and hopping around in his cage.

"Yes...rescued him as a fledgling and raised him; his name is 'Casey'," I explained.

"Fluttershy may love you for that" Twilight said.

"I was told the same by Celestia" I said.

"She told us she had a great meeting, it was touching to see her so happy", Cadence said.

"I know...well, you will be a parent soon so...this is part of it," I said.

"Very true...however I am grateful I will not be giving my foal up like she had to," Cadence replied.

"That is a blessing indeed," I said.

"This is a small home you have...an-...." Blueblood was speaking when Marbles headbutted his leg in his 'noggin' fashion.

"Well hello there..." Blueblood said bending down to pet him.

"Marbles generally loves everyone...shame Hoops his brother is too timid, he loved Celestia," I said.

"Aw, that is shame; I'll bet he is sweet," Cadence said.

"He is...not be too quick but Sunset? How did mom and you reconnect?" I asked.

"Oh, we connected a while ago, before she met our step-dad; she wrote to me in the book she gave me to talk to her when I was her student, but when she told me what she told you....it was a lot to handle...I was thinking it was A: a joke, B: something else; but yeah it was a bit to take in..." Sunset explained.

"I see; I apparently was pale when I found out..." I said chuckling lightly.

"I can imagine....learning that this house is not yours? I can imagine the trauma..." Sunset said.

"Yes...it felt like I wanted to hurl..." I said.

"Yikes!" Twilight said.

"M-hmm...and Gabriela? How did you two meet?" I asked pointing between her and Joshua.

"We met during a Gala a while back, funny since that was how his father and birth mother met," Gabriela said giggling.

"Funny! Very amusing," I said smiling.

"Yes it is; we were going to be married just after his parents anniversary...but then..." Gabriela said trailing off.

"I know...my sympathies toward you Joshua," I said.

"Thanks David," Joshua said.

"Of course...." I replied, "How much did Celestia tell you all?" I asked.

"She told us quite a bit about your meeting, you have quite the hobby I hear" Cadence said.

"Oh yes...the hobby I would blab about...funny how Celestia wished me to keep doing it," I said.

"I think it is to let you keep some of your old life, to keep some stability and a passion in your life," Sunset said.

"That makes sense, and kind of her but I guess it is expected..." I said.

"What hobby do you have?" Blueblood asked.

"I reenact a part of US History, a brutal and changing event," I said.

"The US's civil war," Twilight said, "Lasting for almost 4 years from 1861-1865," Twilight finished.

"Correct," I said chuckling.

"My word! How do you go about this 'hobby'?" Blueblood asked.

"By dressing in reproduced uniforms, carrying original or reproduced rifles/smoothbore muskets, and act out either real or made up battles & skirmishes of the war," I explained.

"Whoa! Sounds intense," Gabriela said.

"Sounds exhausting...Not to mention dangerous," Blueblood said.

"Intense: Yes, Exhausting: Yes, Dangerous: Not fully," I said.

"How so?" Blueblood replied.

"Well since we have no bullets it is safe, but since it is real gunpowder, blackpowder being the correct term, it is only dangerous if not careful and there are many safety rules in place," I explained.

"I see, I would have expected safety measures," Blueblood mused.

"But one thing it serves and it is the most important thing, it is an educational hobby; many have to have a healthy knowledge on the war, some are amateur others are full blown historians, but often took part only in period films to keep facts correct," I explained.

"I would guess you have a list of knowledge on it then?" Twilight asked.

"Only a small portion, I may have a collection of books-" I was cut off at the mention of books...go figure.

"Really?!" Twilight said excitedly before catching herself and blushing...rather cutely in my opinion...don't judge me!

"If you want I can lend you them to you," I said.

"I-I would love that," Twilight said shyly while Cadence and Sunset giggled.

"Good; you can take them when you leave," I offered.

"No, I can wait," Twilight said.

"Very well...oh can I offer you something? But I am afraid it is not much....soda mostly and water," I said.

"A water for me," Cadence said.

"I guess soda will be fine for the rest of us," Joshua said.

"Coming up," I said getting up to fetch the drinks; the kitchen was from the TV 5-6 yards down a short hallway that passed the half-bath and the dining area separated only by the 2 cushion couch and an archway that had a 1.5 foot high wall connecting the 2 sides of the arch.

I soon returned with the drinks, and things chilled slightly; then Sunset spoke up.

"So, any other questions you wish to ask?"

"Well....maybe an in depth story how your meeting with mom went?" I asked.

"Hmm....I guess I could go into that...I guess I shall start at the beginning," Sunset said.

"Sounds good...this will make a good story," I said.

"It is, now to start it starts little over a year ago," Sunset said.

TO BE CONTINUED.