• Published 13th Jan 2017
  • 3,723 Views, 334 Comments

Comet The Colt of Steel - Stallion of Steel



Rocketed to Equis from the dying planet Kolton a young foal is taken in by the Apples. As he grows to maturity he discovers he has powers far beyond those of mortal ponies. Join him as he learns what he is and what it truly means to be a hero.

  • ...
12
 334
 3,723

PreviousChapters Next
Super Bloom Part One.

Sometimes it's easy for me to forget that I'm not like everypony else. That I'm more than just an adopted member of the Apple Family. That I'm an outsider on this planet. Sometimes I wish that weren't the case. I wish I was just an ordinary Earth Pony like the rest of my adopted, no, my real family. There have been times, I've had this wish granted. The first was when Apple Bloom and I were trapped in my dreams. The second, was when I faced Discord. Both experiences taught me that acting like everypony else and being like everypony else are two very different things.


"Today's the day Sweetie Belle," Apple Bloom said poised with confidence. "A'h can just feel it. Today's the day we're going to get our cutie marks in...bowl'in!"

"Mmmph!" Sweetie Belle cheered in excitement with the handle of her bowling bag in her mouth. "Pah! I mean Yay!" I swear that filly's talent could be giving ponies cuteness-induced heart attacks.

"I thought we were just bowling for fun." I raised my hoof.

"Well, you and Scootaloo are," Apple Bloom corrected me. "But after today Sweetie Belle and I won't be the Cutie Mark Crusaders! We'll be the Twin Pins!"

"That makes it sound like the most pins you get are two." Scootaloo pointed out. Apple Bloom pondered for a moment.

"Hmm...what about the Bowling Dolls?"

"But I'm a colt," I pointed out to her. Apple Bloom crossed her forelegs with a huff.

"Alright, Mr. Smarty Pants, why don't you think of a name for us then?"

"Alright....how about..."

"Nothing space-related," She added.

"Very well..." I conceded. "Hmm...I've got it! The Cutie Mark Bowlers Club?"

"Eh," Sweetie shrugged. "It's a bit...passe, but I suppose it's better than nothing." That week staying at Rarity's had rubbed off on her vocabulary.

"Fine, fine can we just go in now?" Apple Bloom said growing impatient.

The thunder of polyurethane hitting pinewood greeted us as we stepped inside. The lanes were filled with ponies young and old.

"Name?" The mare at the front desk asked.

"The Cutie Mark Bowler's Club." Apple Bloom answered enthusiastically.

"How many in your party?"

"Four," Scootaloo said.

The mare looked down at a list of lanes on her desk. "I'll set you up on lane 15. Would you like bumpers?"

"No thanks, we're professionals." Sweetie declined with a wave of her hoof.

The mare rolled her eyes, 'Eh, suit yourself."

First up for the Cutie Mark Bowlers was Sweetie Belle, who started the game by rolling two gutterballs with her snout.

"0/0 Not a good start Sweetie, "The Unicorn Filly closed her eyes and gave me a cavity-inducing grin as she trotted back.

"You're up next Scootaloo," Apple Bloom said. As the Tomcolt filly stood up and went over to get her ball, I grabbed her by the foreleg.

"Remember, what we talked about the laws of motion?" I reminded her.

"Yeah, yeah," She muttered. She set her ball down, turned around, and looked down through her legs at the pins. With a precise kick of her hind leg, she sent straight into the center pin for a strike.

CLOP!

"Yes strike!" She exclaimed.

"Looks like you've been taking my lessons about probability assessment to heart," I said.

Sweetie Belle looked at me bemused. "Pro what?"

"It means analyzing my immediate surroundings and predicting the outcome of every possible action," Scootaloo explained.

"Y'all have any idea what she just said," Apple Bloom asked Sweetie who shook her head.

"It's complicated, but basically because I think faster, I know what's going to happen sooner." Scootaloo picked up her ball and set it down as the pinsetter set the pins up for her next turn. "Which means I know exactly the right force and angle," She kicked the ball again sending it into the headpin for another strike.

"Ain't that sort of cheating?" Apple Bloom scowled.

"Well, no not exactly cheating, although I see why you might see it as unfair," Scootaloo said stepping off the lane. "You're up.

Apple Bloom went over to the ball return and rolled her ball down. She opened her mouth wide and picked it up in her teeth. She tried to carry it to the lane, but the ball's weight was more than she had expected and she tripped on her hooves falling face-first. The ball flew from her mouth and landed on the lane where it began rolling slowly toward the pins. At the same time, a colt in the next lane rolled a perfect strike.

"Coo! A bowling Cutie Mark!" Somepony exclaimed." Apple Bloom stood up excitedly.

"A'h did it! A'h did it! A'h..." Her eyes fell on her blank flank. "Blank?" The ponies in the other lane cheered. "But, but what about my ball?" She looked back at her lane as her bowling ball rolled slowly up to the pins. Not wanting to see my little sister crushed, I put my lips together and blew down the lane. The ball suddenly gained momentum, enough that it was able to knock down all but one pin."

"CLOP!"

"Wow that was pretty good Sis," I said with a cheerful smile. Instead of cheering up she just sneered at me.


"That bowling sure was fun, even if all I got was gutterballs," Sweetie said as we walked down the street.

"Next time we should use bumpers for you," Scootaloo recommended. Apple Bloom's mood hadn't improved much since we left the bowling alley. Her head hung low with her ears folded down.

"Cheer up Apple Bloom," I said placing my hoof on her shoulder. "Bowling just isn't your special talent. You'll find it one day."

"I know what she needs to put the bloom back in her apple," Sweetie Belle said.


"A treat from Sugarcube Corner will cheer you up."

Apple Bloom looked down at the cupcake in front of her and nudged it aside. "No, it won't."


"A party will cheer you up!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

Apple Bloom looked at us with our party hats and kazoos and said, "No it won't"


"A lovely new chapeau with cheer you up." Rarity said.

Apple Bloom looked at the multi-feathered headpiece and took it off. "No, it won't."


Apple Bloom walked far ahead of us as we left Carousel Boutique.

"Come on, Apple Bloom, it's just a cutie mark!" Scootaloo hollered at them.

"Or lack of a cutie mark," Sweetie Belle hopped up and pointed out.

"Shh...that's not helping!" Scootaloo and I said in unison. Apple Bloom scowled as she began trotting faster toward the Everfree Forest.

"Look why don't you girls just go?" I suggested. "I think I need to have a word with Apple Bloom alone."


"Apple Bloom, wait up!" I said with a burst of speed to catch up.

"What do you want?" She grumbled angrily turning her head away from me.

"Well, for starters I don't like the idea of you going into the forest alone,"

"A'h ain't a baby, A'h can take care of myself." She snapped as she absent-mindedly tripped over an exposed root. "Ahhh!"

FWOOSH! A split second before she could tumble down a hill, I grabbed her by the tail and gently carried her to the ground.

"You should watch where you're going," I said.

"Stop it!" She snapped kicking over a nearby rock.

"Okay, what's bothering you!" I snapped it's not just...a cutie mark?" My eyes fell upon the rock she had kicked over. It was a luminescent red gemstone that glowed with a strange light.

"What's this?" Apple Bloom stared curiously at the shimmering crystal.

"I don't know, I said gazing at its deep red surface. I felt a familiar sensation wash over me as Apple Bloom reached down to pick it up. "Don't touch it!" I quickly thrust my hoof down to stop her. Our hooves touched simultaneously as a sudden surge of energy rushed from the crystal into our bodies! We both screamed as the stone emitted a flash of light that knocked us both off our hooves. Every muscle in my body ached as I fought to open my eyes.

"Ugh..." In my mind, I saw visions of Kolton exploding in a shower of luminescent green light. Fragments of a familiar green mineral were all that was left. Amidst them, I saw several other colors of minerals. Blue, white, gold, and red. The same red I had just touched.

"Sweet Celestia! He's burning up!" Rarity's voice echoed in my mind.

"He's coughing up blood!" Spike cried out as my vision slowly returned to me.

"Apple Comet! Apple Comet get up! Get up!" The blurred face of my sister swirled around as my eyes readjusted. "Oh thank Celestia you're okay."

"What...just happened?" I asked as I struggled to find my footing.

"A'h don't know, but ah can see your bones."

"What!" I rose to my hooves, my legs buckling slightly from how quickly I'd gotten up. I examined my forelegs but only saw my coat. "I can't see my bones, and I don't think anything's broken. That's when my eyes fell upon my flank. My 'blank' flank. "What happened to my cutie mark?"

"Argh too loud! You're hurting my ears!" Apple Bloom cried out in pain. I turned back to my sister and there I saw, on her flank, the image of a red comet.

"Apple Bloom your flank!" I pointed to it. She opened her eyes and looked at it. Her face lit up with joy. "A cutie mark! I've got a cutie mark! " Yes!

WHOOOOSH! She shot straight into the air, straight through the tree cover and a passing cloud, leaving behind a blazing trail. I tried to find her, but I couldn't see far enough. My eyes turned back to the stone. The color was different but the glowing luminescence reminded me of the stone Spike had found the day we were abducted by Diamond Dogs. The pieces were coming together, but one question remained. When I was exposed to the green mineral, I felt weak and feverish. I became nauseous and at one point even began coughing up blood. This was different, I felt sore and tired, but not sick. Was it the same mineral but just a different color? Or was it native to Equus? Before I could ponder it further, I was interrupted.

"Look out below!" I looked up to see the red comet plummeting toward Earth. I hastily stepped to the side ignoring the aching of my muscles as the comet slammed into the ground.

CRRAAAAAASHHH!

Dust and dirt filled my vision as the impact threw me off my hooves. I landed hard on my side. The air was knocked out of my lungs as debris began to fall back to earth.

"Okay, A'h was not expecting that." Apple Bloom said as she climbed up out of the crater she had made. Her coat and mane were covered with dust, but she hadn't been so much as scratched by the impact. She shook the dust from her mane and tail and looked over at me. "Apple Comet!" In a flash, she was by my side. "What happened? Your lungs look all flat, and one of your ribs has a crack in it.

"I guess I'll have to take your word...ugh...for it because I can't see it." I winced as I struggled to get my breath back. "Urgh...It hurts to breathe."

"What do you mean it hurts? Nothing can hurt you." She said as a piece of glowing debris landed inside the crater.

"That red rock," My eyes widened as I pointed to it "It somehow transferred my powers into you when we touched it."

"A'h ain't ever heard of no rock swapping ponies cutie marks." Apple Bloom stepped over to the crater and gazed at the glowing mineral. She turned back to her flank and the crater she had dashed out of. Her face turned pale as she realized what she had done. "Oh, no oh no oh no! Apple Comet, Ah'm so so sorry, A'h didn't know, A'h didn't mean to hurt you." Her ears flicked as she suddenly turned behind. "It's Zecora! She's coming this way."

I tried to look up, but a sharp pain in my barrel forced me back down. I could only listen as the sounds of the Shamare's hoof steps drew closer.

Apple Bloom...urgh.. listen to me, you cannot use your powers...ugh...around Zecora..or else...or else...ugh..." I blacked out from the pain before I could finish.


Apple Bloom's POV.

"Apple Comet? Apple Comet!" Oh, no. Please get up, Apple Comet! You have to get up."

"Apple Bloom my dear, what are you doing here?" Zecora stepped out from the trees behind me.

"Zecora, y'all have to help me, Apple Comet is hurt bad."

"I came here when I heard a great ka-boom. Stand aside and make room." She cantered over to my side and looked at him.

"Hmm this is queer, I could swear there was supposed to be a cutie mark here." Her eyes turned back to me and widened when she saw my flank. "Tell me how did this happen?"

My eyes looked over at the crater A'h had made. The glowing rock sat in the middle. A'h heard Apple Comet's last words echo in my head. I felt something in the pit of my stomach. A'h was going to disappoint Applejack if she ever found out. But A'h had to do it.

"Well...we were walking through the Everfree Forest when we saw this thing falling out of the sky," A'h was never one for making up stories, but somehow, A'h just came up with it off the top of my head. "We heard the boom and went to see what it was. That's when we found that glowing red rock in the crater." A'h felt sick to the pit of my stomach for lying. But A'h didn't know what else to do. "A'h went to touch it and Apple Comet tried to stop me. We both ended up touching it and it lit up all bright and shiny. We were thrown back, and when A'h got up, A'h had my brother's cutie mark and he was on the ground saying it hurt him to breathe.

Zecora's eyes narrowed as she looked over at the crater. "Hmm..." She scratched her chin with her hoof.
"Quite a strange tale that you weave, and yet one I cannot disbelieve. Never have I heard of a rock from space removing a cutie mark from its place." She placed her hoof on Apple Comet's barrel and gently pressed it in several places. Apple Comet let out a wince of pain when she reached a rib with a crack.

"A fractured rib is what appears to be causing your brother's tears." She reached into her bag and pulled out a vial of potion. "Carefully lift his head and hold his mouth open, so the potion can make his rib unbroken."

"Alright," A'h sat down next to Apple Comet and gently lifted his head. His mouth was already open a little bit, from his breathing, So all A'h had to do was move it a little bit while Zecora poured the potion down his throat. He coughed and sputtered as the purple liquid ran down his throat and into his stomach. It turned his stomach juices purple and gave off this weird smoke that wrapped around his fractured rib and made the crack in it disappear.

"It's working! His rib ain't broken no more," A'h said with excitement.

"His breathing is becoming less pained, now that his lungs are no longer restrained," Zecora said as Apple Comet's eyes slowly opened.

"Apple...Bloom? What just happened?"

"Apple Comet! You're alright!" My heart lit up with joy as A'h pulled him into a hug.

CRAAAACKKKK!".

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

"What's wrong?" A'h asked.

"Too tight," He wheezed as A'h realized A'h now had my brother's strength.

"Oops, sorry."

Zecora stared at both of us.

"Umm...got any more of that potion?" A'h asked her.


"Thanks for looking after them Zecora," Applejack said with a tip of her hat as we waved goodbye to her.

"It was a pleasure Applejack, I'm always glad to have them back." She said before turning and heading back home. As soon as Applejack shut the door, her mood instantly changed.

"Alright now, A'h want the truth about this glowing space rock from the both of you."

Apple Comet and A'h looked at each other. Both of us knew it was pointless to try and lie to Applejack.

"Well, To put it bluntly," A'h began, "We found a glowing red rock in the Everfree Forest."

"And when we touched it at the same time, it transferred my powers in Apple Bloom." Apple Comet finished.

An O formed on Applejack's muzzle. "Wait, hold up...are you saying you have his powers now?"

An awkward smile formed on my face. "Uhh...Kinda." Applejack sighed and facehoofed. "Sweet Celestia, the things A'h have to deal with. A'h don't suppose you know how long this is supposed to last?"

Apple Comet and A'h looked at each other again.

"No, we don't Apple Comet admitted. "But I think I might know someone who does."


The barn door slid open letting the fading light of the afternoon sun in. Apple Comet galloped over to the pile of hay and began brushing it aside to reveal the trap door beneath. He raised the latch and began slowly lifting the door open.

"Urgh...I don't remember this thing being so heavy," He said as he strained to lift the latch open.

"A'h help ya" In the blink of an eye, A'h was right next to him. A'h reached down for the latch.

"Just be careful you don't..."

SNAP!

...know your own strength," He finished as A'h snapped the latch clean off the door.

"Oops, sorry," My face blushed with embarrassment as A'h gently placed the broken latch down on the ground.

"Sigh, leave it to me." Applejack sighed and she walked up and placed her hoof in the hole where the latch used to be. With a simple lift, the trapdoor lifted. "Why don't you let your brother go first."


"Hey Kerax, it's me!" The lights of the silver spaceship lit up like a shooting star. Strange humming noises started coming out of it as the hatch silently slid down.

"Ah, Young Master Kom-El. How may I assist you?" The glowy blue image of the robot pony said. We both showed him our flanks. "Odd, what may I ask is Apple Bloom doing with the Emblem of El?"

"That's not all that's changed." He said looking at me.

"Yeah, A'h got his powers," A'h said.

Kerax stared at us. "Okay, well I cannot say I was expecting that. Young Master. But I might have a solution. If you lie down inside the ship, I can run a physiological scan of your body."

Apple Comet peered inside the pod. "Kind of small isn't it?"

"Allow me," Suddenly the inside of the spaceship stretched out by itself.

"Whoa!" A'h gasped. "How'd did y'all do that?"

"The alloy of this ship's hull is made from Liquid Geo. An engineered metal capable of changing its shape at will." Kerax explained as the once foal-sized seat became colt-sized.

A stunned Apple Comet looked at me and said; "Well here goes nothing.

"Running Physiometric scan." A blue forcefield covered the cockpit, Three yellow balls of light appeared and began running back and forth across it. "Now just hold still, this will be over in approximately one Equus dendar ."

"How long is that?" A'h asked him.

"From what Master Kom-El has told about your planet's units of measuring time, three-fifths of a Kolton dendar."

"How long is...ya know what never mind, forget it," A'h said deciding to just wait however long it took.

Physiological scan complete," The lights vanished as the forcefield faded. "The analysis results show no levels of solar energy in your body. There is however a large quantity of an unknown energy source. I will have to study this further later."

"Looks like you're up," Apple Comet said to me as he climbed out of the ship.

"Whenever you are ready, we can begin." "Kerax said.

A'h looked inside the ship with all its fancy lights. "Well here goes," A'h carefully climbed in. The inside felt firm like the exam table at the hospital.

"Running Physiometric scan. The forcefield and lights reappeared. It reminded me of what Granny Smith told me about getting her hip x-rayed. It didn't hurt at all. A'h could hardly feel a thing as the lights passed over me.

"Physiometric scan completed." The lights and force field vanished. "Please step out carefully." A'h rose and climbed over the side, sliding to the ground." "Well, this answers where our missing solar energy went, as well as the unknown energy inside Young Master Kom-El. From what he has told me of Equus, it is what Equestrians call magic. Analysis shows similarities to local soil and sediment as well as the seed-bearing fruit known to equines as apples.

"So you're saying I'm now an Earth Pony and Apple Bloom is a Koltonian? Apple Comet said.

"Is there any way to fix this?" A'h asked. "We've both got school tomorrow."

"To tell you the truth, I don't know." If I could get the mineral for analysis, I might know more. But I'm afraid right now there isn't much I can do other than continue to analyze these results."

"Well, thanks for your help Kerax." Apple Comet said. "Come on Apple Bloom let's go."

We made our back to the ladder, Applejack was waiting at the top. "How'd it all go?" She called down.

"I'll fill you in when we're at the top." Apple Comet hollered back as he placed his hoof on one of the ladder's rungs. A'h watched and waited as he climbed his way to the top. Once it was my turn, A'h reached for the rung..." SNAP! "...and broke it clean off.

"Oh second thought, A'h think A'h can jump it," A'h said crouching down.

"Apple Bloom wait don't..." Apple Comet called out, but it was too late.

WHOOSH!

CRAASH!

A'h felt the beam and shingles smash against my head as A'h crashed through the roof. The scent of musty hay was replaced by the cool breeze of the sky. Below A'h could see the sea of apple trees and the farmhouse. And beyond that, A'h could see Ponyville up close and in detail. Even with the wind rushing through my ears, A'h could hear Applejack say "Whoa Nelly!" As she and Apple Comet looked at the hole A'h had made. "For the first time today, A'h truly felt incredible.

"Holy Celestia! This...is...awesome! Whoa? Whoa? WHAAAAAAAA!" That is until gravity caught up with me.

"Okay, don't panic, just do whatever Apple Comet does to fly." A'h tried spreading my legs out like a parachute jumper. When didn't work, A'h resorted to magic words. "What does always say...Up up and away? Up up and away, please! Up up and away pretty please with a cherry on top!" The ground drew closer and closer. "Come on...come on." A'h closed my ears and hoped. Suddenly A'h felt an intense heat flood my body followed by the feeling of going up. A'h opened my eyes to see the grass below. It was so close, that A'h could touch it. "Ah'm doing it! Ah,m doing it! Ah,m flying! Ah,m flying! Ah,m...Ahhh!"

CRASH!

The orchard outhouse exploded in a shower of timber and splinters. Luckily A'h crashed straight through and only ended up eating dirt.


"So according to the holo-whats-it inside ye'r spaceship, y'all don't know when this is gonna wear off?" Applejack said as she scrubbed the brush against my coat.

"We don't know if it'll wear off at all," Apple Comet said as he applied some more shampoo to my mane. "In the meantime Apple Bloom, you'll have to just have to get acclimated to my powers like I had to."

"Ah sat quietly in the tub listening to them back and forth. A'h wasn't sure how to feel about all this. On one hoof, the idea of having Apple Comet's powers was starting to grow on me. If A'h could figure out how to stop breaking everything. On the other hoof, part of me felt guilty when A'h looked at the comet on my flank. It felt like A'h had stolen it from him.

"You mean those exercises Granny used to have you do?" Applejack asked.

"Not quite Apple Comet replied. I was thinking something a little less... potentially destructive."

"A'h can get behind that, what is it?" Applejack sighed.

"Concentration," He said simply.

A "Huh?" escaped from my lips. "What's that got to do with it?"

"Everything," He pointed out to the fields in the distance. "What do you see?"

A'h looked over at the fields and Big Mac pulling a plow. My eyes zoomed in closer and A'h could see tiny beads of salty sweat dripping off the hairs of his coat. They hit the dirt beneath with a loud plip plop.

"Eww, gross." A'h gagged.

"What?" Applejack asked.

"Big Mac is all sweaty." Both of them started laughing.

"Well, at least you didn't see him dropping road apples in the upstairs bathroom," Apple Comet said as he did his best to compose himself. A snort escaped my nose as A'h remembered the way his face turned red that day. "Now close your eyes and tell me what you hear."

A'h closed my eyes and turned my ears. A'h heard the leaves rustling the wind and the songs of the birds in the trees and the sky. The creaking of the weathervane on the roof as it slowly turned. And there was more. The swaying of the sign on the henhouse, The chorus of clucking and feathers ruffling. The baaing of sheep. The sound of Winona barking as she chased after a skittering chipmunk. The skittering of bugs in the grass. The gnashing of their mouths as she chewed through the blades. The dripping of droplets from the water pump. A'h could it all at once as if it was happening right in front of me.

"Argh too loud!" A'h cried out folding my ears down as an explosion of pain shot through my head. A'h fell forward and opened my eyes to see my two skinless siblings looking at me with concern.

"The world seems so big, doesn't it? Like everything is right next to you all at once?"

"Ahhh!" A'h Yelled as A'h closed my eyes and covered my ears with my hooves. Apple Comet placed his hoof on my fetlock and gently pulled away.

"Apple Bloom, listen to me, I want you to imagine a box. Put the three of us inside of it. The only things you can see and hear are me, Applejack, and your thoughts. Can you do that?"

In my mind, A'h imagined the walls of the box. The sounds around slowly disappeared as A'h followed his voice. "Ah'm doing it."

"That's good," He said. "Now open your eyes and tell me what you see and hear."

A'h slowly opened my eyes and ears to see my siblings' coats and all, smiling down at me. Everything was silent.

"Just you," A'h said. He offered me his hoof.

"When the world seems too big, just remember you have the power to make it small. Nothing can come inside your box unless you allow it to." He said. A'h smiled up at him as he pulled me up.

"Thanks."


Third Pony POV.

"Thanks again for bringing this specimen to me Zecora." Twilight smiled as she placed a glowing red mineral inside a metal glove box with a pair of metal tongs." As a precaution, both the unicorn and the zebra were dressed in hazmat suits, since Zecora had explained the effect it had on the Apple siblings.

"Tis, a pleasure Twilight, I have a feeling you will set things right." The zebra's rhyme echoed inside the hood.

"Trust me, I won't rest until I figure this out," Twilight said pulling the tongs out and sealing the hatch shut. "This is the second glowing rock I've heard about this year. " She then carefully placed them inside a pouch with a magical warning sign on it and sealed it shut. "I wrote to Princess Celestia about it the green one Rarity, Spike, and Apple Comet found when they were kidnapped by Diamond Dogs. She said there was nothing about it in the Canterlot Archives."

"I will peruse my personal tomes, perhaps there is something from my home," Zecora said.

Twilight levitated a magic detector around the room checking for any residual magic around. The light on the front lit up green as the gauge signaled it was clear. "Okay, it's safe." She said removing her hood with her magic. "That's a good idea, it's best to check multiple sources. She looked over at the glove box glowing with a red light. "You know what puzzles me the most? Apple Comet was there both times these rocks were discovered. I don't know if that's a coincidence, but seeing how he and Apple Bloom were affected makes me wonder about last time."

"What happened last time?" Zecora asked.


"The day Rarity discovered the green rock, she and Spike both said Apple Comet became very sick," Twilight answered. At first, I chalked it up to a serious illness, but now I'm not so sure."

Author's Note:

Apple Bloom and Apple Comet face the possibility that this change might be permanent. While Apple Bloom contemplates being a Koltonian, Apple Comet faces the prospect of life as an Earth Pony.

The next day needs a threat that Apple Bloom has to address without giving up her identity.
It needs to be something, that requires a wide use of her powers.


Scootaloo might be able to lend a hoof. especially if Apple Bloom's powers wear off at a bad time.

PreviousChapters Next