• Published 25th May 2012
  • 835 Views, 4 Comments

Soarin Through the Night - Xero000



Soarin the Wonderbolt is in love with Princess Luna.

  • ...
 4
 835

Soarin's Afternoon

The next day...
Soarin was flying high in the clouds. He was flying alone, so free and in a state of absolute bliss. And then, as he was gliding above a cloud, he noticed a shadow. He looked up and yet, he saw nothing casting it. He heard his name called and he looked around, only to see the clear open sky surround him. He looked at the shadow as it grew darker, and suddenly, he realized something. The shadow was being emitted upon the underside of the cloud. He neared it and called out," Who's there?" As he was about to pierce the cloud, someone else did. Up popped Luna's head, as she said, "Hello Soarin!" "Well hello Luna" He told her as the two alligned themselves to fly side by side. He looked at her, and she looked at him. They shared a passionate stare, slowly closing the distance. They never broke their stare as they slowly embraced, and as their faces neared each other, he woke up. It was a bright day outside as he thought about his wonderful dream. He could only pray that the afternoon be as pleasent.

That afternoon...
Soarin had gone out earlier in the day to buy a few items to make it a more prefferable afternoon. He had a picnic blanket in his saddlebag as well as a few bottles of apple cider, a few dandelion sandwhiches, and for dessert, an apple pie. He was hoping to turn that evening into a more personal one, and create a relationship between each other. He had a message sent to the castle with by one of the reserve members of the Wonderbolts, a blonde mare with crazy eyes that he could not recall the name of, to set up a time and location with his love. He went to the open hilltop that he selected, and he set up the picnic blanket and all the little treats he had bought earlier that day. As he waited, he practiced in his head what he would say. "So, princess, how is your evening? I've prepared a quick little meal for us 'I like that one'... Hey Luna, 'no that's to informal'..." He didn't notice her chariot pull up as the blue alicorn waved off her guards and approached. "Hello Soarin." He jumped as she broke his concentration. "Um, hello Luna, I mean Princess! I'm sorry, please forgive me for that" He was in a state of fear as so many thoughts consumed his mind. 'Did I offend her? Did I just say that? What if she sends me to the moon!?'

"It's quite ok Soarin", she said after noticing his panic, "You can call me Luna, I'd actually prefer it." She told him with a smile. He still mentally kicked himself, but he was comforted by her words.

"Well, princess, I mean Luna, I've set up a picnic for us if you want to eat."

She looked confused," I'm sorry, I thought all the Wonderbolts would be here?"

He quickly responded, "I'm sorry, the others had practice and they said I should fly with you, seeing as how you've asked me and all. I hope that's alright?"

She lost her confusion as she told him," It's fine, I just expected the others to be here as well. This is fine though!"

He offered for her to sit down, and she did. He sat down after her He offered her one of the dandelion sandwhiches and she happily accepted, immediately opening it and taking a small bite. As she was eating the sandwhich, he opened a bottle of the apple cider and poored her a glass. She took a few sips after she took it from him. She emitted a small burp, to which she immediately blushed and turned away. "Oh my, please do excuse me, I didn't think it would be so fizzy."

He emitted a small chuckle as he gazed upon her, thinking of how adorable she was. He began to notice her features even more now than before, due to him looking at the ground during their first encounter. He noticed her beautiful blue mane, with its violet hue. He also took notice of her lacking her royal tiara and necklace. As she looked away, he couldn't help but to stare at her green eyes, those gorgeous pools of emerald. And suddenly, he was staring directly into those eyes, and for that split second, he was entranced. He broke the gaze only to be brought back to reality with her asking him, "Well?"

He asked her, "Hm, what's that now?"

Luna repeated herself," Are we going to have some of that pie? It does look quite delicious."

"Of course!" He took out the spatula he had brought along and went to cut her a slice. As he was cutting her slice, he noticed that a lot of time had passed and it was nearing sun-down. He knew that she'd probably have to return to the castle soon to begin her duties with the moon. As he thought this, he sped up his actions to serve her the pie. She seemed to take notice of the time as she told him, "It's starting to get late. And we never had a chance to fly..."

Upon hearing this, he immediately felt a shame for himself, not being able to fulfill his promise to Luna. He was thinking that instead of having a great time, he got too distracted with a stupid picnic. He began to feel a growing sense of self hate begin to arise when suddenly, he felt a hoof upon his shoulder.

"Will you be available tomorrow perhaps?" She asked him with a smile.

"Uh yeah, I can get time off. Yeah definately!" His spirit rose to an all new high as he realized that he hadn't blown it. They finished the pie, most of it being eaten by Soarin, and they waited a short few minutes before Luna's chariot had arrived. As she trotted towards it, she turned towards him and said, "Thank you for the picnic, even if we didn't fly today, this was still quite a lovely suprise."

"Oh, it was nothing, I just thought it would be nice to fave a meal before we were to fly. Again, I'm sorry about it not being today, but I promise tomorrow, it will happen!" And after a quick wave goodbye, she mounted the pegasus-drawn chariot and was transported off, into the slowly darkening sky. Soarin had one thought for the rest of the evening. 'I actually pulled it off!' And for the rest of the evening, he was one of the happiest stallions in Equestria.

Comments ( 2 )

I like it, but space it out a bit. Especially when people are talking.

"person A said this"

"person B said this"

But otherwise, I like it. Keep it up.:rainbowkiss:

Yeah, I kinda just wrote it like how I see a book read... Prob shouldn't have done that:facehoof:... :rainbowlaugh: Thanks for the feed-back!!!:twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment