• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 3,836 Views, 43 Comments

Sparity - FlameMist



Rarity makes a love potion so that her dream stallion will love her, but when Spike drinks the potion unknowing what it will do...

  • ...
9
 43
 3,836

The Potion

It had been one full week since Rarity had recieved the potions book from Twilight. She still had no clue what what the book meant when it said 'one drop of happiness'. It seems like it would be something everypony would know about. But Rarity hadn't a clue. She was going to ask Twilight, but she just didn't have time. She was so caught up in her work that she had no time for anything. Even Spike tried to drop by and Rarity was too busy to even answer the door. Although she had been busy, she was stuck on that step.

One drop of happiness

She thought over it over and over again in her mind, but nothing seemed to click. She decided it would be best to find the time to ask Twilight. And heck- why not now? So she headed out the door to the Golden Oak Library. Twilight agreed to help her finish the potion. Rarity brought it along with her just in case.

"Hmmm... Let's see... One drop of..." "Oh!" Twilight smiled. "It means a teardrop Rarity."

"Pardon?"

"Tears of joy?" "Ring any bells, Rarity?" Twilight glared.

"Oh! Yes! But how do we get one?" Rarity asked.

"I've gotcha covered!" Twilight smiled. She ran upstairs, and came back down with a small elixir in her hoofs. "One happy tear! Here ya go Rarity!" Twilight shoved the elixir into Rarity's hooves.

"You- You- You have a-" Rarity stuttered.

"Well of course! More than one a potion needs that ingredient!" Twilight said, making a troll face. Rarity poured the drop into her potion. Fizzzzzzzzz..... POP! A heart rose over the bottle in pink smoke, and the liquid also turned pink.

"Why thank you Twilight! I'm off!" Rarity shouted, out the door already.

"Well, I just hope things don't get out of hand..." Twilight shrugged.

Rarity opened the door to the Carousel Boutique. "Now, where was that book?" She wondered. Once she found it, she turned to the page of the love potion.

How to Use Potion

Step 1: Drink the Potion

Step 2: Give the Potion to the One You Want to Fall In Love With You

Step 3: The second drinker will fall in love with you!

"Ooooh..." Rarity grinned. "Time for step one..." But before she could drink it, Somebody knocked at the door. Rarity gasped. "Oh no!" She screeched. "It's Sapphire Shores! I totally forgot!" She rushed to the door. She was supposed to show Sapphire Shores her line of clothes she made for her friends. She quickly grabbed the outfits and opened the door.

While Rarity was gone with Sapphire Shores, Spike decided to visit Rarity, not knowing that she wasn't home. He walked up to her front door and knocked. Nobody answered. Spike knew that Sweetie Belle was off doing crusading business, but he had no idea Rarity wasn't home. She hadn't been home a lot lately. Maybe she just didn't hear him. He knocked again. Nothing. He thought that since they were good friends, than she'd be okay if he just walked in. To his surprise, the door was unlocked. He opened it up and went inside. "Raaarity!" he called. She was no where. He was about to leave, when he saw this delicious-looking punch sitting on Rarity's counter. "I don't think she'll mind if I only drink a little." he grinned maliciously. So he took a tiny sip. "Hm. Pinkie Pie's is better." he shrugged. And with that, he left.

3 Hours Later

"Thank you for coming to do this with me!" Rarity called to Sapphire Shores.

Sapphire smiled. "No, thank YOU Rarity. Your dresses will be revolutionary!" She cried.

Ok... Whatever that means... Rarity thought. She opened her door. It was unlocked. She gasped. "I guess i was such in a hurry out the door that I forgot to lock it!" She exclaimed. "Oh well..." She was about to go upstairs when she noticed the potion. Spike and sipped such a teeny amount that Rarity didn't even notice. "Oh! I almost forgot!" And so she drank some of the potion. A weird sensation went over her body. She suddenly had a weird urge to be with Spike.

She remembered the peridot Spike gave just one week ago, and the fire ruby he gave her when it was his first birthday in Ponyville. "Hmmm..." Rarity thought. "Maybe..." KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! Rarity sighed. Might as well answer it. She walked down the stairs and opened the door. Nobody was there. "Hello?" Rarity called. No one answered. She looked down, and to surprise, she found a present. Wrapped with diamond-pattern wrapping paper with a cyan bow. It had a note attached to it. She read:

Dearest Rarity,

I saw you in Manehattan and I asked the fashion artists there if they knew who you were. Luckily, they had and answer. I just couldn't stop thinking about you and your beautiful eyes, I immediatly sent this package to you to show my love. If you truly love me back, meet me at the Ponyville Town Hall tomarrow at 6:00. Yes, I will come to you, and yes, I will cater dinner.

Your Very Own Stallion, Blue Diamonds

She didn't open the present yet, she would save that for tomorrow, before the date!

Rarity squealed with delight. "He loves me he loves me!" "No need for the love potion now! I have a date to go to!" And she threw the potion away.