• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 3,346 Views, 47 Comments

Interdimensional Princess - Blaze Spectrum



Thanks to some boredom, practical reasons, and a mistake, Star Butterfly and Marco Diaz end up in Equestria while abusing their access to interdimensional travel.

  • ...
8
 47
 3,346

It's Gonna Get a Little Weird

The day hadn't been special at all for Marco Diaz. He woke up, went to school, aced the quiz while Star Butterfly did nothing but doodle over hers, and went home. If there was any concept of math in Mewni, then Star sure didn't catch any of it when she was kicked out and brought to Earth under the cover of a transfer student. Ludo's band of incompetent monsters hadn't even showed up to break the monotony by threatening to steal Star's wand. Now Marco had settled down for a good while in front of the TV with bowl of nachos and a litter of (non-lethal) laser shooting puppies rolling around on the ground in front of him. It didn't take long for one of them to find his left eye.

"Ow!" Marco shouted. "Star, can you get those puppies out of here. Right now? This is the third time they've zapped me in the eye today."

"Sorry," Star answered from the second floor, "But I really can't do anything about it as long as they're awake."

Marco sighed, grabbed a nacho from the steadily diminishing supply in the half-full bowl, and returned to watching a show that he knew was mediocre but the best thing on air currently. Star may have created the puppies, but she had a long way to go before she could master the full potential of her wand. Anything that wasn't an offensive spell that came out of her wand almost always had unintended additions on them, from merely laser-shooting puppies to miniature stars that were supposed to provide sunshine but instead turned into rainclouds that constantly followed you around.

"Marco," Star walked down the stairs, "Have you seen my dimensional scissors? I may or may not have left them lying around downstairs..."

"I sat on them when I started watching TV. It wasn't funny."

"Sure it wasn't," she said as she suppressed a giggle, "Can I have them?"

"Why not?" he passed her the scissors as she sat down on the other side of the sofa.

From what it appeared, the day was bound to stay the way it was, bland and uneventful. The same felt true for the next few minutes, until Star stood up and broke the silence.

"Hey, y'know, I haven't really swapped service providers for the mirror yet, and my mom is probably starting to freak out already since she can't call me. Wanna come find one?"

"Wait you haven't - oh whatever, sure!"

He groaned slightly as he pushed his body off the couch, cracked his back, lifted the remote and turned the TV off.

"So," Star said while pulling out a sheet of paper, "Which service provider looks good to you? The flying pony heads offer some pretty good service in Uni and they accept many different forms of payment. Mewni has service too but we definitely can't have it there since my mom would be able to trace it back to me and I'll be in St. Ol's before I can even blink."

She shuddered, the mere thought of St. Olga's Reform School for Wayward Princesses scared the living daylights out of any princess from a dimension in contact with Mewni.

"Star?" Marco waved in front of her face, "The quicker we get going the less time your mom gets to find out that she can't call you."

"Oh! Yep, let's go! I guess I'll just go for service from Uni," Star snapped out of her thoughts, pulled out her dimensional scissors, and snipped at the air. At first the portal was a mere spark of energy, but each snip enlarged the dimensional hole. Once she was satisfied she grabbed the ends of the rift and pulled it wide open. It expanded it to a door sized portal that buzzed with bright and swirling energy.

She stepped aside and held out her arm. Marco casually approached the portal and was about to step in but Star reached out farther and stopped him.

"Mess-up twins secret handshake?" she asked.

"I'm never hearing the end of that, am I?" Marco groaned and entered the portal, ignoring her. Star giggled and entered the portal after him, as if she didn't have a care in the world.


While she was growing used to the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle, there were many times where Twilight still missed the Golden Oak Library.

This was one of them.

"What kind of place has nothing but crystal furniture anyways?" she asked herself as she settled down to read. Truth be told, the wooden furniture in the Golden Oak Library wasn't all that comfortable either. But wood warped, so it eventually was worn into more natural shapes from what it was cut into, still wasn't quite as brutally solid as crystal, nor did it feel icy cold and lifeless. Now she wished that she would remember to actually go out and buy more comfortable furniture, instead of getting lost in reading and only remembering it when she needed it next time. Of course she could have headed out right then but the book was just so good...

Suddenly, noise emerged from a room down the hall. At first, it wasn't a very descript sound, somewhat similar to the sound of a unicorn using magic, notably louder but not enough to draw alarm from Twilight. What did draw alarm were sounds that seemed similar to hoofsteps and voices. She looked up and around the room, seeing nothing. Clumsily, she pushed herself off the ground.

"Ugh, I think my left hind hoof has gone numb..." she thought, limping to the direction of the noise. As she came closer the voices became more audible.

"This sure doesn't look like Uni..." a feminine voice seemed to comment.

A more masculine voice followed it, "Really? Seems pretty close to what I envisioned."

"Who could they be?" Twilight thought, "My first guess was thieves but they don't seem to be ones based on their words, nor would they probably be speaking at all if they were actually here to steal."

She leaned up against the wall away from the hinges of the guestroom door, and pinned her ear to the wall. Beady sweat began to form around her head and neck, and she had to consciously stop her legs from shaking. Her breathing was quiet but appeared to be forced, and her eyes blinked irregularly.

"It's okay Twilight, you have nothing to be afraid of - except that you have no idea what's going on or what's on the other side. No, don't worry, you're the princess of friendship, took down Nightmare Moon, Discord, the Changeling army, King Sombra, Tirek and more. Anything that's on the other side, you can deal with. Except you had your friends by your side then, and now you're alone. But still, y-"

Her train of thought was interrupted by the soft creak of the door and the voices getting louder. It took her half a second to process the action and had to suppress a shout. Slowly, she peered over the edge of the door and saw what were obviously two sentient beings, but she couldn't really pin down on what they were, and the uncertainty frightened her. The conversation had long faded into the background as she attempted to think logically.

"They don't seem to match any species that I'm aware exists. They're bipedal but they don't even have a fraction of the muscle mass of a minotaur and I can't name any other bipedal species of the top of my head. Could they be... No, it's not possible. But then why do they seem to be right in front of me?"

The closest thing she could attribute them to were humans. But humans were no more than obscure myths in Equestria, mythological creatures that burned down villages and ate foals in every story they were featured in. When they weren't destroying villages by brute force, they tended to deceive, earning the trust of the villagers before suddenly leaving in the night and leaving the village in a blaze of unstoppable conflagration.

She gasped, unable to keep it in. She hoped that it didn't attract their attention, and for the next second it seemed like her wish was granted.

"Wait a second," Star cut into Marco's speech, "Did you hear that?"

As they turned around, Twilight's legs felt like they'd turned into rubber. As far as she knew, they might as well as actually turned into rubber.

"Are pony heads supposed to look like that?" Marco asked.

Star on the other hand, didn't seem to hear, "Oh my gosh! It's a unicorn with wings! So cute, but can I actually ride it?"

Twilight, who was too paralyzed with fear to move away was helpless to prevent Star from mounting on her. With her already questionable balance, Star's weight was like having an anvil dropped on her back, so her legs immediately gave way.

"Oh well," Star said as she stood up, "It's only about four feet tall, I guess it's not nearly strong as the unicorns on Mewni. Those things can bust through walls without breaking a sweat, if I say so myself."

"Um, Star," Marco said, "What the heck is going on?"

"I have no idea, how about we ask the nice little pony here?" Star suggested.

"I'm not sure if it can talk."

"Well, you never know, and there's only one way to find out."


Twilight's perception of the world was an inconsistent mess. Her vision was incapable of focusing on anything, everything appeared as just a mess of color with no room to process detail, and her head slowly drifted around, feeling detached. Her hearing was still operational, but it couldn't seem to focus on specific sounds. She heard one of the humans - the one with blonde hair talking. Fortunately most of the background noise in Ponyville was mostly drowned out in the castle, so she was able to understand the words with some effort.

"Hey little pony, what is this place?"

Despite all the other questions that she knew she could have asked, she could only weakly say, "Please don't eat me."

"Oh," Star dismissively waved her hand, "We're not going to eat you."

"Really?" Twilight's senses seemed to clear.

"Really," Star held out her hand.

Twilight raised her hoof, but stopped halfway through. Something in her head reminded her, warned her of just this. Humans were so successful at destruction in myths since they were notably sly and deceitful, why should she trust her? As far as she knew, the second she took that... appendage, she might as well as take a punch to the face and wake up being roasted over a fire in the Everfree Forest. She looked into Star's eyes, searching for any sign of deceit. There was none as far as she could tell. But did that really mean anything? She didn't know if reading human eyes worked differently, how good of a liar this girl in front of her was. Of course, myths were hardly reliable sources and they could really have come in peace, but was her life really worth risking as of now?

"Aw," Star said, "Don't be shy, strangers are just friends who haven't met!"

Twilight dropped her hoof, rose up herself, turned around and ran. After a few seconds, her wings spread and she jumped, taking to the air and soaring out the balcony, leaving both Star and Marco in the dust.

"Well, she isn't very friendly is she?" Marco said, rolling his eyes.

Star's jaw hung slack, her eyes wide open, and her pupils shrunk to the size of cherry seeds. Eventually, she closed her eyes, and hung her head.

"Star?" Marco asked, "Are you alright?"

She turned her head to him and muttered, "W-what did I do wrong?"

Author's Note:

-Uni is the name of Flying Princess Pony Head's dimension, although it's only briefly referenced so you might have missed it.

-Equestria Girls does not exist in this universe - and it's a reason that I'll explain - in twenty-thousand words or so with a sequel or two.