• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 3,341 Views, 63 Comments

A Day in the Life of Lunar Night - Flash_Magnus



Just another day in the life of a brony-turned-pony which just happens to be a Bat Pony guard thanks to Luna and wishing.

  • ...
18
 63
 3,341

Chapter 3 - The Toys R' Us Trip: You'd think Starlight Glimmer is involved in this

Chapter 3 - The Toys R' Us Trip: You'd think Starlight Glimmer is involved in this

----------

You know, when we thought it would be the complete opposite here compared to Walmart on how people would react to the presence of a bat pony. We didn't think it would be this extreme.

What do I mean by that exactly? Well, when we got there, got out of the car and started walking to the store, people were giving these smiles to the two of us almost as if it was forced yet at the same time not really. It pretty much reminds me of The Cutie Map episodes.

"Welcome, pony!"

"Welcome!"

"Welcome to Toys R' Us!"

I looked up at William with a bewildered look. "Are you getting a creepy vibe from all of this? Sure I should be happy, but at the same time I can't be sure just yet if I should worry or not."

"I'll admit that this does feel a bit creepy, but lets not jump to conclusions just yet since no one has tried anything. Lets just go inside already."

Walking inside we were greeted by a worker whose name was Alan thanks to the name tag that I noticed, wearing that same smile again on his face.

"Welcome, bat pony to our most happiest store. We hope that you will find everything that you're looking for. Do you need any help?"

"Hmm ..." I tapped my chin with a hoof. "Okay, two things. First: Why are all of you smiling like this? And second: I'm not really a born pony from equestria, I'm just a regular twenty-five year old guy who wished to be one."

Alan blinked a few times before answering. "Well, we sensed that a pony was coming here which made all of us happy and spreading the word around had put joy in others. Yes, we are all fans of you, we do sell the merchandise for a reason. As for the other part... you said you were human?"

"Yes, yes I was."

"And here I thought Starlight Glimmer was involved in this somehow." William muttered.

"That or the princesses had a hoof in this somehow. Remember the ending to that letter?" I added.

"Wait, did you say princesses?" Alan cut in.

"Why yes!" I said, smiling proudly. "Your proof is right in front of you after all and I'm enjoying every minute of it."

"Oh my gosh..." I swear I saw his eyes sparkle with the happiness he was radiating. "Can you tell them to come visit here? Can you? Please?"

Looking over to William who shrugged, I looked back to the guy. "I'll make sure to let them know later today."

"Woo-hoo! This is awesome! Thanks so much... uh?"

"My name's Lunar Night."

"Thanks Luny! I have to make sure to spread the news."

With him running off, my right ear swiveled in that direction to hear him say, "Hey guys! Guess what Lunar Night just told me!"

"So I got a nickname already? Eh, not bad."

"Well ..." William grinned. "I love the nickname. Good to know that I'm in love with a 'lunatic' ha!" William laughed and slapped his knee.

I groaned and facehoofed. "Grab a shopping cart and lets just shop already."

----------

Trotting over to the pony section with a relieved smile on my face knowing that Starlight Glimmer isn't here or that I would get attacked. I took in the sight of what Toys R' Us had to offer in terms of pony merchandise: a whole aisle filled with merchandise! Did I ever say how much I love coming here? No? Well, fuck yeah! This place never fails to amaze me with how stocked they can be the last few times I came. Every inch is filled with merchandise. A lot of which I want to buy. I'm a very happy bat pony right now.

"Oh yeah ... jackpot!" I let out a squee in delight.

William came up from behind with a grin on his face. "That's so damn adorable."

I snorted. "I can't help it! I mean, look at all of this." I moved a hoof from one end to another. "Toys R' Us is the only place that has the most pony merchandise and I'm buying most of these. Now if you'll excuse me..." Rearing up onto my hind legs again, I used a hoof to slide two boxes each of Vinyl Collectibles of Derpy, Bon Bon, Lyra, Tavi, Vinyl, and Spitfire into the shopping cart. After that I moved onto the Funko Mini's and Pop sets dropping those into the cart and to round it off various other pony merchandise that caught my attention like more cards and tins and Daring Do toys! (Daring is best pony after all).

After that was finished, the shopping cart was filled to the top in pony with William giving me an odd look. "Why did you get two of mostly everything? I know you brought it up earlier and all but..."

"Can't say right now, it's a secret."

"Seems legit."

"It's totally legit."

"Well I guess were done here? Ready to checkout?"

"Actually, there's something that came to mind and I want to—"

"Woo-hoo! Attention shoppers! The bat pony we've been waiting for has arrived and is shopping in the My Little Pony section, so go say hi to him and remember to be nice! I know I will. This is so awesome! I will repeat this message once more..."

Raising an eyebrow, I said, "Well, at least this announcement is good... but, who will actually come say hi to me?"

"I think I have a good idea." William grinned an evil grin.

"I don't think I like that look right now. I'm probably going to regret—"

Right at that moment my ears swiveled in a random direction to catch the noise of footsteps heading my way... a bunch at that until the people behind it came into my view... kids ... all thirty of them.

"Aww shit...." I spoke in a low voice and lowered my ears and was instantly surrounded by all of them.

Staring back at William and giving him a pleading look I shouted, "Help! I'm drowning in a sea of kids!"

That response was met with laughter of William holding his sides.

Glaring back at him, I growled. "So that's how it is huh? No sexual stuff for you tonight then!"

That caused him to shut up. "Now that ain't right."

Ahem!

All of us looked over to see two adults standing there giving us smiles.

"Please give the pony some space, I'm sure he's very uncomfortable with all of you so close to him."

With the kids backing up some so I can have some space even though I was still surrounded by weapons grade cute (If they all did the puppy dog eyes at the same time for some reason, but I'm really sure ponies would be even more effective!) I was able to breath easily staring at the faces of mostly everyone present.

"Hey uh ... every human! Might I ask what's the occasion? I never did see so many kids in one spot here."

One of the adults who had a name tag on her shirt with the name Karen on it spoke up. "Oh, we're just taking a trip here to meet you actually and buy stuff on the side."

William and I shared a look that said: 'Can you believe this?' Before looking back at Karen.

The other person whose name is Veronica was quick to jump in. "It's true. We heard about you and quickly made arrangements to come here to see for ourselves. Worth the trip if you ask me."

"With how the day has been so far, I'm not really all that surprised now." I snorted and flicked my tail which ended up smacking someone behind me in the face.

"Ow my fucking eye! That fucking hurts!"

"Timmy! Watch your language!"

Turning around and noticing the boy holding his eye, glaring at me, I just had to make it worse by adding, "So little Timmy can curse now? Won't your parents be proud." I grinned stupidly.

"Fuck off, pony!"

I only rolled my eyes. "Geeze, you really have anger issues and I thought I had anger problems."

"Do you want to take this outside?"

"Uh..."

"Okay Timmy that's enough!" Karen facepalmed. "Sorry about that, he's only jealous ever since we brought up about you being here and well, he only wants to become like you."

"Become like me huh? I can help with that."

"Wait really?!"

"That's so cool!"

"Tell us, tell us!" Various kids were yelling out.

"Okay... excited much? Haha well it's simple really: make a wish tonight from seeing a shooting star. It's how I ended up like this now."

"Sooooooo coooooool...." The class said at the same time.

"I don't know... that seems to good to be true almost." Veronica said, sounding skeptical.

I gave her a deadpanned look. "Well, I'm right here so why would I lie? Plus..." I pointed a hoof at William. "My soon-to-be coltfriend here, William was with me when I did just that."

"Alright, all of us believe you. Seems so obvious now the more that we think about what you said."

"Also, I believe that it would be really cool if all of you were ponies."

"How so?" Karen raised an eyebrow.

"The two of you can be like Cheerilee here on earth teaching fillies and colts. That would look really cute in my view and I'm sure their parents would agree."

"Okay, I'm sold!" Karen grinned widely.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" Veronica added in just as happy.

"Well great! After all of this is over, I would like to come and visit to see the first pony class on earth!"

"Will you still be around here in this store?"

"Yep, I plan on sticking around for a little while longer."

"Alright then, we can exchange information before you leave. Say, we never got your name."

"I'm Lunar Night! The sexiest bat pony you'll ever meet!"

A smack was heard from behind me which I'm sure was just William facepalming from what I just said.

Karen and Veronica giggled before Veronica spoke. "Okay then, Lunar Night. Thanks for coming to shop here. I know that you made all of us happy for sure and that every other person shopping here right now feels the same."

"I'm just happy that every human here is just nice enough to me and happy."

"Well, we'll let you go so you can continue your shopping in peace. Come along kids, lets leave Lunar Night and William alone so they can finish their shopping." And every human walked away except for one. Feeling someone tap me, I turned around to see Timmy looking down at the ground awkwardly before speaking. "Lunar Night? I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I snapped at you. I know I have anger issues at times and what the teachers said about me is true... you just look so cool!"

Putting a hoof on his shoulder, I smiled warmly. "I forgive you and I apologize too. I usually have anger problems myself that I'm usually grumpy almost all day and I never snapped at another human like that though. But maybe now after the possibility of you becoming a pony like me, will you promise me that you'll be the most adorable colt and a nice one at that? Can you promise me that?"

Timmy's expression changed to small smile as he nodded. "You bet I can! Thanks Lunar Night."

"You're very welcome. Now go catch up with the rest of the class before they start wondering where you went to."

Timmy ran off as I looked up at William with a smile. "As much as I don't like kids. Maybe being a bat pony is changing my personality some."

"Maybe you should be a teacher then?" William winked.

"Eh, no thanks. Guard duty is my new life now and being a teacher would not work out for me after I adjust to my new sleep schedule."

"You do have a point there. So, what was it that you was going to say before they came?"

"Um ... oh yeah! While we're here, it just occurred to me that well, I can't play games with hooves and I'm not a unicorn so I might as well give my systems and games away and the best pony to give it to is Luna! I just know she'll love playing playing the Wii U and PS3. So before we go to checkout, we can do a little pit stop in the game section to buy two or three games that I think she'll like."

"Lead the way then."

Trotting happily to the game section with William right behind, I stopped in front of the Wii U game section to see which games they had.

"Hmm ... okay, I know I'll get her Super Mario 3D World since I know it can be a difficult game especially for trying to get 100% in it so I'm sure she'll enjoy that.... or just rage quit. I can also get her Super Smash Bros. since I'm sure she'll enjoy that also, and lastly, I can get her Splatoon since I keep seeing that humans are liking it so much, so why not?"

"I bet you somewhere in Canterlot, Luna is squeeing with delight." William chuckled.

Over in Canterlot Castle....

"EEEEEEEEEEE!!!! HE'S GIVING ME HIS GAMES! HE'S EVEN BUYING ME A FEW NEW ONES! THIS MAKES MOONBUTT VERY HAPPY TO HAVE NEW WAYS OF BEING 'BUSY'! SQUEEEEE!!!"

Luna squeed so loudly that all the ponies in the castle heard it.

"Luna please!" Celestia winced, her ears flattened in pain. "There's no need to use the Royal Canterlot Voice! Or the Royal Canterlot Squee for that matter!!"

"Oh, sorry!" Luna smiled sheepishly.

"It's fine... I suppose. So, shall we continue watching?"

"Yes."

Back in Toys R' Us....

"Yes, I'm sure she is. Anyway, let me go find a worker so he can get these games so we can pay and stick around for a while before leaving."

Walking just a few feet away I noticed a guy standing there in typical uniform, on his phone and not paying attention to the bat pony walking up to him.

"I guess business is kinda slow if he's that into the phone and not hearing my hoofsteps to know I'm coming."

"Huh? Who said that?" The guy leaned over trying to figure out who said it. "I'm not going crazy am I?"

"Uh, no, you're not. Also, I'm down here, human." I ended that with a tap on the glass to make my point.

The guy looked down and instantly jumped back in surprise. "Holy fucking Luna's sweet ass!"

"Glad to know I can give others that kind of reaction still." I muttered.

After that jump scare, the guy calmed down and spoke. "I'm really sorry about that. I just got so caught up in this game that I'm playing that I wasn't aware that you actually showed up even though I knew already from hearing others."

"What's the game that you was so caught up in?"

"The MLP App on android."

"Huh, I didn't think it was that addictive."

"I guess it depends on who you ask."

"Yeah, that's true. Anyway, I would like to buy some games."

"Sure. Just tell me and point out which ones you want."

"Wait, before I do, I want to ask something else. Can my adorable self get a discount here too?" I added the puppy dog eyes for extra effect.

The guy gave in almost instantly. "Alright! Fine! I can give you thirty percent off your entire purchase. Damn, if giving that look can work that easily then I wouldn't mind becoming you."

"I can work something out about that." I grinned victoriously.

-------

After spending a somewhat crazy amount of two hundred and twenty-eight dollars, and spending close to two extra hours taking pictures with the fans and explaining to them how I came to be and that the princesses are coming to visit later, most decided to go pony as soon as possible while some wasn't sure yet. I was basically a pony celebrity to these humans.

Back in the car after everything was packed and already on our way to our final shopping stop, William decided to speak up. "Alright, I'm getting even more jealous of you now."

"Oh don't worry, tomorrow you will be a pony too. Oh all of the sexual horny pony stuff we will do then! Aside from what we will do later tonight."

"Dammit Lunar! Don't go around trying to give me a boner while I'm driving and no, you can't help out with that either while we're out."

"I wouldn't try."

"Good. Now, you have any ideas on what to expect once we get to Jersey Gardens Mall?"

"I might, though I'll tell you right now, it's not going to be like Toys R' Us. I might of gotten lucky there, but I know I can't have it that easy."

"If you get surrounded by a mob again, you're on your own."

"You're evil, you know that right?"

William only grinned. "Guilty as charged. Now, we should be there in ten minutes."

"Okay, now to do some thinking."

And we continued on our way to the mall.