• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 699 Views, 8 Comments

Phantom War VI: Bounty Hunter Saga - Danny Eclipse



After losing his memories after the battle, Phantom Lord goes and begins his new life as a Bounty Hunter who brings fear and terror to his opponents. Can Phantom Lord evade the Equestrian Empire trackers or will he be caught?

  • ...
4
 8
 699

The Second Bounty

We arrived to the enclave and I noticed a small amount of guards watching me. We walked right over to Starlight, who was normal now.

“Hey there, hunter. Competition out there is something crazy. Couple of hunters died in the jungles. Big Argonian got arrested by the Equestrians. And you found yourself an unfindable Horde Noble. His family was plenty generous with their live bounty.” Starlight said.

“I need three total bounties to get in the melee, correct?”

Starlight replied “Afraid the rules will change again? Not yet, anyway. Still three to win. Your second bounty’s a bit of mystery. Apparently whoever’s stacking the deck against you gonna keep right on stacking.”

Mako said flatly “Hardly surprising.”

Starlight explained “What I got here is a classified, red-flag request from Equestrian Command. No details, just flashy warnings and a contact. Admiral Octavia, Equestrian Navy.”

“Hand it over and I’ll go see this Admiral Octavia.”

“Watch yourself in that first sit-and-squawk. You haven’t dealt much with Equestrians, have you? They make Minotaurs look downright honest. Here’s the slip. Octavia’s in the city, not all that for a stroll. Go get ‘em!” Starlight told me.

I nodded and began to walk away.

“Mako, I need you to go do some research on Danny Eclipse while I’m away. Take Soundwave with you, just in case. HK-47 will be helping me on this mission alone.” I ordered.

Mako replied “Got it, boss.”

Mako left and both me and HK-47 began to head over to the Admiral’s Embassy…


We began to walk into the place. It was somewhat impressive but not that much. We see a computer in one room and walked to the right, heading to another room. We see a security officer waiting for us.

The Officer asked “This is the office of Admiral Octavia of the Equestrian Navy. Do you have business here?”

“You work for the admiral, what’s he like?”

“It’s against regulation to discuss superior officers, not to mention bad form. Now if you’ll excuse me, I am very busy.” The Officer replied

“Let me in there…now!”

Officer replied “I really couldn’t care less what you-“

He was interrupted when a hologram activated without answer. We see the hologram of Admiral Octavia and, to my surprise, Charming Thunder.

Octavia demanded “What’s all that racket out there, soldier!?”

The Officer replied “There’s a quarrelsome individual here, Admiral and King. Rather dirty, too.”

“Statement: You are an actual idiot.” HK-47 insulted.

Octavia shouted “Quarrelsome? You’re as weak as you are stupid! I requested a mercenary from the Ponylorians! Send that pony in immediately!”

Officer replied “Yes, sir!” The transmission ended “You may go in now…”

“Never stand in my way again, or you may end up dying to my blaster.”

HK-47 added with pleasure “Commentary: Oh, that would be wonderful thought to think about master. Maybe shooting between the eyes would do it? Or maybe his liver to have him slowly suffer.”

Officer replied “The admiral is waiting…”

I see the door to the left open and I walked in. I see Octavia and Charming Thunder, Octavia was sitting on a chair behind a screen. Charming was standing next to her. I walked up to them.

“Come in, mercenary. I apologize if my security officer caused you grief. He is of low birth and his intelligence reflects it. I’m afraid many of our Equestrians Soldiers are hopeless with delicate tasks. This, of course, is why I asked for a professional.” Octavia stated in business.

“That was good thinking. I love challenges; I’m the type of bounty hunter who doesn’t take normal jobs. They bore me with no real challenge. And hello Charming Thunder.”

Charming replied “Looks like you found the right mercenary for the job, Octavia. The sooner this problem is taken care of, the better. And good to see you too Phantom Lord.”

Octavia said “I have every faith in the Ponylorian enclave’s ability to get things done discreetly. My adopted daughter has become something of a liability to me. I want you to kill her.”

“Dead adopted daughter, check. Details?” I asked

Octavia replied “My adoptive daughter was born Magic sensitive and trained to be Jedi. A great honor for our family. Unfortunately, my daughter’s master was a madpony in the school of magic’s eyes.”

“No offence to you but is this some political move for you?”

“Less a move than a response, but yes. If Grathan’s compound is raided and my daughter captured or killed, every member of her family will suffer. That is Sith politics. In the best-case scenario, I love my rank and position. In the worst…” Octavia explained.

“You’ve got a lot to protect, Admiral.”

Charming answered “You got that right.”

Octavia stated “There is no room for failure here.”

HK-47 reassured “Statement: Phantom Lord is well famous in Hutta Swamps for killing many and leaving no failure. Nem’ro the Hutt favors him greatly.”

“You don’t say…” Charming said with a hint of mistrust.

Octavia explained “Grathan is a paranoid madpony. His compound is built to withstand a siege, but a lone infiltrator will take them by surprise. My adopted daughter is somewhere inside Grathan’s compound. Her name is Vereta. You will know her, as she closely resembles me.”

“I’ll handle this quiet and quick.”

We began to walk away. About not that long away from Octavia and Charming was when we stopped.

HK-47 told me “Statement: You know, there is a bounty on all of Grathan’s followers. Grathan’s top ponies all have prices on their heads.”

“It’d be a shame to let those bounties go to waste.”

HK-47 replied “Statement: We will need those extra credits to gear you for the melee. Upgrades are just what we need to win this Great Hunt.”

Octavia reminded “Remember, discretion is essential. Do not let yourself be captured. Good luck.”

I nodded and we left, heading to Grathan’s compound, which was a distance away.


We were in the middle of a battle, both me and HK-47 were killing a total of 20 guards in a middle of a room. So far, we were taking zero hits while they were taking the hits. I shot two then fired a missile at a group of three, killing them. HK-47 used his flamethrower and killed 6 of them. I pulled shot two more with my pistols and then used my wrist blasters and shot down 3 more. HK-47 used his freeze ray to stop one then he used a Power Shot to kill another. Then he used a Power Shot at the frozen guard. I used an explosive dart at the last one, killing him. I smiled at HK-47.

“That makes 32 for me.”

HK-47 said in a bit sad tone “I have 30…”

I chuckled “Don’t worry, you will catch up. Come on, we need to-“

I stopped when I felt something in my mind snapped. I felt something dark nearby, a distant voice calling out to me. HK-47 noticed this and I began to walk towards the source of the voice. I walked into a room and see three guards. Sparing no time for them, I shot two and charged at the last with a rocket punch. I began to walk. I never noticed a four guard and he was about to attack but I quickly turned around and shot his face. I went to a blast door and see a lock on it. I hacked the lock and opened the door, revealing a giant chamber. I see stairs that lead up to something. I began to walk up them and at the top, I see a mask. I stopped in front of it and HK-47 came up and his optics narrowed.

HK-47 said in shock “Statement: No way…I thought it was lost when Slade used it! That is the mask of my original master, Regal Crescent!”

I began to look around at my surroundings.

“Take the mask…” A ghostly voice said in my mind.

I began to kneel down and disable the security console. I got closer and both hooves on both sides of the mask. I grabbed it and pulled it to me. HK-47’s sensors began to beep and he jumped down. I put the mask in one of my pouches and jumped down from the area as a green energy shield was activated. The alarm activated and we got up. We see three guards coming into the chamber. I pulled out my blasters and shot all of them down. HK-47 got up and he looked at my pouch.

HK-47 asked “Question: So now you have my original master’s mask, what will you do with it?”

“We will see later. For now, let’s just kill Vereta and be done with this job.”

HK-47 nodded and we began to walk off.


We entered a chamber and see three warriors with lightsabers, they were crimson red. I knew I was going to fight a Jedi, but this is not what a Jedi used. I pulled out my two lightsaber that I had and activated them. I was skilled in melee combat so I charged at them. I cut one of them down, the other two attacked me on opposite ends but I blocked the attacks. I cut one in half and stabbed the other’s heart. I put away my lightsabers and began to head up. When we arrived, we see a red mare unicorn, no doubt she was Vereta. She had Octavia's looks, that was for certain.

“Oh, what have we here? You’re not even a ponylorian, are you? When Grathan’s spies said my adoptive mother contacted the Ponylorian enclave, I expected they’d at least send me a real, live Ponylorian. I’m afraid I’m a tad disappointed.” Vereta stated with disappointment.

“You knew your adoptive mother wanted you killed?”

Vereta replied “Of course. But really, how scary is that? Wait…you don’t seriously think you can kill me? I mean, I’m Sith, and you’re just…whatever you are.”

HK-47 said “Commentary: Oh, we’ve got a true believer.”

“Then again, it makes sense. Why would you come here if you thought you’d die? Apparently, my adoptive mother isn’t the only one living in a dream world. You can’t kill a Sith, you silly!” Vereta shout with an evil giggle.

“Why don’t we test that theory?” I pulled out my blaster pistols.

Vereta shouted “Wonderful! I love that line!”

She pulled out her lightsaber and activates it. I took off into the sky and began to fight. She fired a lightning storm at me and I dodged it. I fired my shots at her and she blocked them. HK-47 fired a power shot and she dodged it. Then she used Magic Push and HK-47 was send flying backwards. I was on the roof and I fired more shots at her. She did a backflip and dodged the attack. She landed on the screen’s top and jumped at me. I fired a missile and she was send flying backwards. I fired a flamethrower and after a few minutes of fighting, we stopped. She was on the ground, injured.

Vereta shouted “Ow. What…I…I lost? I can’t lose. I’m Sith!”

“You were Sith. Now, you’re just done.”

Vereta shouted “Wait! I can’t die like this…falling to some common bounty hunter!”

“That is where you are wrong.”

Vereta’s eyes narrowed as I took off my helmet. My eyes were glowing purple and my medallion was glowing.

Vereta said in fear “No…it can’t be…”

You’re worst nightmare has come to life.” I said in a demonic voice.

I pulled out my pistol and shot her face, killing her. I went over to her and grabbed her lightsaber. My eyes were still glowing purple until they return to Neon Green and I shook my head. I put my helmet on and began to head back over to the Octavia.


I walked into Octavia’s quarters with the helmet still on. She looks at me as I walked in.

Octavia stated “Reports of the raid on Grathan’s estate are pouring in. I trust you were successful in your endeavor? My adoptive daughter Vereta is…”

“She’s as dead as it gets.”

Octavia replied “Yes…just as you say…Here, take your credits and go.” She hands me the box of credits and I gladly took it “You’ll understand if I say I never want to see the face of my daughter’s murderer again.”

“You may not want to go looking in any mirrors for a while.”

“Just go!” Octavia shouted.

I nodded and left the place, heading to the Ponylorian Enclave for my third and final bounty.

Author's Note:

There you go! Sorry it took too long, but it wasn't easy.

EDIT - I'm not going to make the third bounty since it will take too long so the next chapter will be about Mako this time.