• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 699 Views, 8 Comments

Phantom War VI: Bounty Hunter Saga - Danny Eclipse



After losing his memories after the battle, Phantom Lord goes and begins his new life as a Bounty Hunter who brings fear and terror to his opponents. Can Phantom Lord evade the Equestrian Empire trackers or will he be caught?

  • ...
4
 8
 699

The Last Hunt

1 month and 3[1/2] weeks later…

I was at the holotransmitterat the center of my ship. Mako was there with HK-47 and Soundwave.

Mako suggested “We should probably get back to Starlight now that we don’t have to worry about Tarro’s cronies messing up the final round.”

“Sedyn’s cost us too much time already.”

I began to type the code and I got Starlight on the holotransmission.

“Well, lookie here! I got myself a hunter who’s reach the last leg of the Great Hunt. Ain’t I just a lucky gal? You’ve made this all look so easy, how about something serious for your final mark? You ready for this, sugar? You’re hunting Jedi Master Kellian Jarro, the “Ponylorian Killer” himself.” Starlight said.

“A Jedi Master should help cement my reputation.”

Starlight warned “This fella’s no slouch, that’s for sure. At the Battle of the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, Jarro single-handedly gave over a hundred ponylorian soldiers the “Big Push”. Word is he’s on board the Equestrian Star Destroyer Aurora, so that’s where you’re heading next. You gotta take out Jarro and the Aurora to finish this hunt.”

“The crew won’t just let me board.”

Starlight replied “Getting’ to your target’s part of the challenge. We do get a plan for that little old battle cruiser, though. Once you’re aboard the Aurora, you’ll need to blast her regulator in the engine room. That gizmo protects the ship from dangerous Engine Failures. Without it, the ship will overheat and the engines will explode, causing the ship to hit the ground, enough force to completely destroy it. Then, after sabotaging the regulator, head to the bridge and set the ship to go full speed ahead on a timer. When it does, boom! No more ship.”

“Do I get credit for every man who goes down with the ship?”

Starlight answered “Sorry, this one’s a package deal. Now, that’s all I ougtha tell you…but I wrangled some, uh, confidential information. One other hunter made it to the final round, and he’s already heading to the Aurora. Care to guess who?”

Mako shouted with hate “Tarro Blood! That slimy son of a…he’s gotten away with Braden’s murder way too long. He needs to pay.”

“This saves us the trouble of hunting Tarro down. Besides, if Tarro goes to fight the Jedi Master, he’s going to find out that Jedi are all talk.”

Mako said “I’m with you all the way.”

Starlight replied “I’ll transmit the Aurora’s coordinates. Best of luck.”

I nodded and went to the cockpit. Mako was in another seat and I get coordinates to the Aurora and went into light speed.


We came out of light speed and we see the massive star destroyer.

Mako said, impressed “There she is, the Aurora. Pretty impressive. Don’t think they’ve detected us yet. Let’s see what I can pick up on their comms…” We were silently approaching the ship as Mako analyze the comms. “Oh Celestia…the ship’s on alert. They captured an intruder, they’re calling it a Horde assassination attempt on the Jedi Master. They have already contacted Canterlot and Charming’s fleet is already on their way here; The Super Star Destroyer and two Star Destroyers.”

“Let’s not assume this is what it looks like.”

Mako replied “They’re probably conduction full scanner sweeps. We’d best-“ The ship began to shake and Mako’s terminal was beeping “What the-we’ve been caught in a tractor beam!”

Captain of the Aurora said on comm channel “Attention unidentified vessel, this is the Equestrian Star Destroyer Aurora. You are in a restricted zone. Prepare to be brought aboard for a full inspection. If you offer any resistance, we will open fire.”

The transmission ended.

“These guys are not as smart as I thought. The Ebon Hawk was upgraded with advance systems that will allow it to take on battleships. The shields alone can withstand the firepower of the Super Star Destroyer.” I said with some pleasure of the idiotic Captain.

“Well…what now?” Mako asked

“Well, we wanted to get inside, didn’t we?”

HK-47 added “Statement: And we don’t even have to park. They’re really making it easy for us.”

Mako replied “Good point. Maybe if we ask real nice, they’ll even take us right to Master Kellian Jarro…and Tarro too. Okay, Tarro, we’re coming for you.”

We got off and began to wait until the ship had docked. We came aboard the ship and were greeted with Equestrian Soldiers. The Captain was there, leading them.

Captain ordered “Halt! You are under arrest! Lay down your weapons.”

“You better have a good reason for this.”

Captain answered “Conspiracy to commit an act of terrorism against the Equestrian Empire. We captured your accomplice, one Tarro Blood, who implicated you when he confessed under Master Jarro’s questioning.”

“Somepony makes baseless accusations and you’re just going to take his word for it?” I asked at him.

Captain replied “Master Jarro was certain. That’s all the reason I need. Time to join your friend in the brig. You can plea your case when we ship you to Canterlot to stand trial. This is your last warning: Drop your weapons and surrender, or we will open fire.”

“Going peacefully ain’t my thing.” I answered darkly.

Captain ordered “Open fire!”

We attacked and I killed the Captain while the others killed the soldiers. After we finished, we left to head to the brig.


I made it to the brig and looked around the cells until I see Tarro in his cell with a collar, sitting down. I approached his cell and stood outside of it. He sees me and looks at me.

Tarro said “So you’re still alive, eh? You might be worth killing after all. Hurry up and let me out of here, so we can settle this once and for all. Unless facing me as an equal frightens you.”

“You’re not my equal. You’ve failed.”

“So you’re a coward? Is that it? Come on, surprise me. Open the door and face me like a warrior.” Tarro tried to persuade but that failed.

“Where’s the fun in that? I want to hear you beg.” I said in dark and cold pleasure.

Tarro begged “Hmph, figures. You are a lowlife. Fine! I’m begging you! I can’t die like this! Please!”

Mako replied “You don’t deserve a warrior’s death, scumbag. Let’s leave him. Let him die when the ship crashes into the ground.”

“I want the pleasure of killing him myself.” I replied darkly as my medallion began to glow with power.

Tarro shouted “Of course you do! This has always been about us! Now I get my gear, suit up and we finish this, right here, right now.”

“Take your time. These are the last moments of your life.”

Tarro answered “We’ll see, won’t we?” He went to get his gear and when he got his gear on, he looked at me “You idiot. No real hunter would’ve given up his advantage and allowed a dangerous enemy to arm himself.”

“Kill you is gonna feel real good.”

Tarro shouted his battlecry “Die, you insignificant worm!”

Tarro pulled out his blasters but I was first to quick draw my pistols and I fired, hitting him. He dodged and fired a series of missiles at me. I activated my energy shield dome and it protected me. I fired a missile at him and it made him fly backwards. I fired a stun dart and he was stunned. I began to punch him and then used my wrist blasters and shot his armor to break it. When the fight ended, Tarro was on the ground, tired and almost to death.

Tarro shouted with darkness “It’s not fair. I was going to do great things. The world was going to remember my name.”

Mako replied “You’re sad, Tarro. You should suffer as long as possible for what you did to Braden.”

“This is for Braden,” I fired one shot in his face “Jory,” I fired another shot at his liver “Soongh,” I fired a shot at his stomach “and me.” I fired at his heart, ending his life. Mako looked down at Tarro’s dead body.

Mako whispered “It’s over, guys…”

I nodded and we began to head up to the bridge.


We made it up and see two Jedi there. A master and our target, and his padwan.

Jarro said “You’ve caused quite a bit of trouble, but I’m afraid it’s over now. I’ll ask you to drop your weapons and surrender.”

“So…has that ever worked?” I asked him.

Jarro replied “Some people have sense, others must be persuaded.” He began to use his mind trick at me “You will drop your weapons and surrender to me.”

My medallion began to glow. I felt the force extending to me but thanks to my medallion and my powerful will, I was immune to the force trick.

I replied, copying the hoof wave motion “You will realize what a complete idiot you are.”

The Padwan asked, uncertain whether to attack because of the insult or not “Master?”

Jarro ordered “Be still, Padawan. I will take care of this. This bounty hunter has a much stronger will than the other one. Listen, I know who you truly are...and I know the Ponylorians want me dead, but the Battle of the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters was years ago. Revenge profits no one. I implore you not to throw your life away. Abandon this hunt.”

“You’re wasting your breath and my time.” I pulled out my pistols “Die!”

Jarro shouted “Thendys, your lightsaber!”

They pulled out their lightsabers and I took to the sky. I began to fire a series of missiles at them and they were blasted back. I then fired some shots and darts at them. Thendys was on the ground while I shot Jarro to his death. Thendys runs over to Jarro’s dead body.

Thendys shouted “Master! No, it’s not possible! Master!” She sees me coming and looks at me “What are you waiting for, bounty hunter? Kill me just like you killed my master! Go on!”

“You weren’t part of the deal. Run for an escape pod.”

Thendys replied “No pony paid you to kill me so you’re not interested. Is that it? We’ll meet again, bounty hunter. I swear it.”

She got up and began to run away.

Mako said “I’m glad you let her go. You did the right thing.”

“There was no reason to kill her.”

Mako replied “That’s a very good point. The Star Destroyer can be set to go full speed ahead at the bridge controls. Deactivate the tractor beam would also be a good idea. Then, I’d blast the control panel just to be sure no pony reverses what you’ve done. Then we run!”

I nodded and we began to do everything before running.


We were piloting the Ebon Hawk to fly away. As we were leaving, the panel was beeping and I looked. Charming’s fleet had arrived and I had managed to set our next coordinates. I was beginning to receive a transmission and I took off my helmet and put on some headphones with a mic.

“Hello King Charming. You arrived on time. We were about to watch the fireworks.” At that point, the Aurora’s ship engines had exploded and the ship began to fall to the ground. After a few minutes, the ship had crashed into the ground, exploding massively. “I hope you like my goodbye present. See you around.”

Charming replied “Wait-“

I ended the transmission and activated the hyperdrive. We left, heading to Canterlot.

Author's Note:

That is it for today. The next one will be the Great Hunt Ceremony and something else, a surprise.