• Published 14th Jul 2015
  • 5,600 Views, 198 Comments

Equestrian legion: Scipio - Krieg cormac



Equestrias greatest general returns after a 1000 years. How will the modern world react to this ancient tactician

  • ...
26
 198
 5,600

Chapter 4

Outside in the canterlot gardens

“Well time to scratch that off my bucket list.” Said Pinkie pie taking out a long piece of paper and scratched something off.

“You have a bucket list for that sort of thing.” Asked Rainbow Dash.

“I like to be prepared.” Replied Pinkie.

“Ok. Well I am simply famished. Might we go get something to eat girls.” Rarity said.

“Well now that you mention it, ah suppose that we should go get something to eat.” Applejack said.

“Yeah. Well I am sure we all need to go get something to eat after that happened.” Twilight said scratching her head.

“Well then lead the way Twilight.” Rainbow dash said.

In the dining hall

"Where are the coaches." Scipio asked when he saw the dining room.

"We no longer used those. We use chairs now." Cadence explained to her father as they sat down.

"Oh. This new modern age is weird." Scipio said taking off his helmet.

Then one of the waiters walked in pausing to take a look at Atticus.

“Your orders your highnesses and mr?” The waiter said

“Scipio.” Atticus replied.

“I'll take the usual and could you take out the wine.” Princess Celestia said.

“I'll have the same.” Cadence replied

“And you Mr. Scipio.” the waiter asked.

“I'll just take some meat and vegetables.” Atticus said.

The waiter's face turned green at the mention of meat, but wrote it down.

“Your orders will arrive shortly.” the waiter said before walking back to the kitchen.

“So Tia. What happened after I was turned to stone.” Atticus asked.

“Oh. Well several months after that your will stated that Cadence will inherit all of your belongings, and your gardens donated to the citizens of Equestria, and several of your legate decided that Cadence did not deserve to be your heir to you and used their armies to fight each other.” Celestia said.

“So you are telling me that my loyal legate started to fight each other to see who will remain as my heir.” Asked Atticus furiously while waiting for the food to be delivered.

“Yes. They did not recognize Cadence as your rightful heir to you wealth, land and estates. Only two legate remained loyal to her.” Celestia explained.

“Well then who remained loyal.” Asked Atticus disappointed by his legate that they would not recognize his daughter, not even out of respect.

“Legate Blueblood and Legate Sharp Sword.” Celestia replied.”Along with all of the griffon auxiliaries and several centuries of the Diamond dogs and minotaurs. It lasted only a couple months, but we won.” She continues. “One of your other legate ,Silver shield if my memory still serves me, went to Saddle Arabia and took it over declaring himself sultan and ruler of Saddle Arabia for life. Though his army eventually stop using the legionnaire armor due to heat there.”

“If I was around when that happened I would had have them all executed. They would hang on a stake.” Atticus said. Turning to Cadence. “I am sorry that I wasn't around to help you through that and to protect you.”

“It all right Daddy. After all it was one thousand years ago.” Cadence replied with a smile.

"No it's not alright. I should have been there. They would have never had done it if I was around." Atticus replied to her.

Then the two doors that lead to the kitchen opened up and the servers started to bring the food in. A earth pony maid set a plate with meat and vegetables in front of Atticus and served him some wine. The other servers set the food in front of Cadence and Celestia.

“Thank you." Atticus said not bothering to see the look the waiters and maids were giving him.

Then the two doors opened to reveal six mares. Atticus then remembered that Celestia said that there were new bearers of the elements of harmony.

“Princess Celestia! Princess Cadence!” the purple one shouted.

Cadence got up from her chair and walk up to the purple unicorn mare.

“Sunshine, sunshine! Ladybug awake. Shake your hooves and do a little shake.” they both said doing the weirdest dance Atticus has ever seen.

“I didn't know that you were in canterlot Princess.” The purple mare said.

“I just got here just a hour ago Twilight.” Cadance replied.

“Oh well I have some ponies I want you meet.” Twilight said not noticing Atticus sitting uncomfortable in the chair.

“These are my friends.” Twilight continued.

Point at the white unicorn mare with purple hair. “That's rarity.”

“Hello darling.” Rarity said admiringly how high class Cadence looked.

Pointing at the blue Pegasus with multicolored hair. “That's Rainbow Dash.”

“Sup.” Rainbow Dash said casually.

The orange earth pony earth pony mare with a hat “That's Applejack”

“Howdy. How are ya doin?” Applejack said tipping her hat

The yellow Pegasus with pink hair. “That's Fluttershy."

“Hello.” She said nervously.

The last one was a pink earth pony that kept jumping up and down. “That's Pinkie Pie.”

“Hello.” Pinkie pie said after hearing her name.

“Nice to meet you all.” Cadence said with a smile. “I am Princess mi Amore de cadenza, but you can just call me Cadence.” Turning to Twilight she said. “Now I have someone I want you to meet.”

Turing to Atticus. “I want you to meet my father, Grand General Atticus Cornelius Scipio.”

“I hate it when you use my middle name, Mi amore de cadenza.” Atticus said getting up from his chair.

“I also hate it when you use my full name.” Cadence replied pouting.

“Nice to meet you all.” Atticus continuing ignoring her.

“It is an honor to meet you Mr Scipio.” Twilight said nervously, extending her hand.

“The honor is all mine.” Atticus replied shaking her hand.

“Nice to meet ya mister Atticus.” Applejack also said shaking his hand.

“You seem to be quite strong.” Atticus replied again, feeling her grip on her hand

“Why thank you. You also seem to quite as strong.” Applejack said complimenting him on his strength letting go of his hand.

“So you're the guy that Twilight couldn't stop talking about on the train.” Rainbow dash asked as she walked up to him.

“You do look quite awesome in that armor.” Rainbow dash said.

“Thank you, Miss Dash.” Atticus replied.

“Now my faithful student, why are you in here.” Celestia spoke up after watching the exchange.

“Well. We didn't know what to do after that, so we decided to go get something to eat.” Twilight explained.

"Ah. Well I can have the waiter to come take your orders." Celestia said.

"Thank you, Princess." Twilight said delighted.

Several minutes later...

Atticus seemed to noticed the discomfort in the Mane six as they watched eat his meal.

"Well. Daddy why don't you tell us one of my favorite story as a little filly while we eat." Cadence asked to break the ice.

"Sure." Atticus said taking out on of his dagger given to him by his father with the image of Damocles.

"This is the story from where I come from. It is about Damocles, the Black Centurion. According to legend, he was the revered leader of a vast Roman army. "

"Excused me, but what is Rome." Twilight asked with a notepad.

"I come from Rome. So I am a Roman. Rome is a city which is the capital of the greatest empire in the world. Now please, no interruptions." Atticus said.

"However, during a massive battle, his commanders turned and abandoned him. Standing alone and outnumbered by the hundreds,
Damocles was easily slain with a spear through the heart. When he fell into the underworld, Nemesis, the goddess of revenge, was enraged at how the hero had been treated despite his bravery." He continues.

"She allowed Damocles to return to the world as a vengeful spirit, a ghost, a black armored centurion. Who would hunt down and kill and kill all of his cowardly generals that had wronged him." Atticus said with a voice that unnerved them.

Showing them the dagger. "To this day, many officers in the army carry a dagger such as this one with the image of Damocles on the scabbard. This dagger reminded them that they should look after their men, or the black armored centurion will return to avenge them." He finished putting the dagger where it belongs.

"How could anypony abandon somepony." Fluttershy said quietly.

"They let their selfishness get the better of them and paid the price." Atticus replied to her.

"Now I suggest that we all go to sleep early tonight. After all, this has been a long day. Twilight you know where the guest rooms are. You and your friends can stay their." Celestia said.

"Atticus." Celestia said. "You will sleep in the room next to my room. Cadence you could stay in the room next his if you want ?"

"Very well then." Atticus said following her to his room with Cadence following behind them.

Eventually they reach a door that was next to a another door with a picture of the of the sun on it.

"This is your room Atticus." Celestia said opening the door.

"If you need anything I will be in the room on the left." She continues as he went inside.

"Good night Atticus." Celestia said closing the door to go show Cadence the room she can stay in.

Taking of his helmet, he started to take off his armor. He put it on the nearby coach. Atticus saw that he only has on his undergarments, but decided to worry about that in the morning. Getting on the bed, he pulled the covers over him. Finally after a long time, he truly went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Now sorry this came out late, but before you shoot me, I meant to post this last week but time pasted by very fast. The Damocles story I think belongs to crytek.