• Published 14th Jul 2015
  • 5,599 Views, 198 Comments

Equestrian legion: Scipio - Krieg cormac



Equestrias greatest general returns after a 1000 years. How will the modern world react to this ancient tactician

  • ...
26
 198
 5,599

Chapter 6

Silence was the only thing that could be heard in the room. Pinkie looked at Twilight who had her mouth open in shocked. Pinkie giggles and she closes Twilight's mouth. ‘Did he just call Princess Luna a whore in public? Wasn't he some great politician. No politician today would dare say such things in public; much less the royal palace. I have no doubt that one of the workers heard him say that.’ Meanwhile the conversation kept going while Twilight's mind was thinking to herself.

"So you really plan on doing that." Celestia asked with a small smile on her muzzle. "How are you going to do it my dear old friend?"

"The same way as I did it before of course. Setting up recruitment offices for starters, getting armor and weapons produced for them, and last I'm going to train them personally. I'm not going to use your worthless guards to train them. Though I might have to just throw them into the fire so to speak. Field experience is very valuable after all." Has Atticus replied confidently. He was sure that ponies would sign up for this. Besides, he was sure that even if ponies didn't join, he could make Celestia pass a small conscription decree. Not a huge one though, maybe enough for him to get the first century trained.

"Where are you going to get all the bits for that." Celestia asked him again keeping the smile. ‘Let's see if he still has his tactical mind intact.’she thought to herself with the smile on her muzzle getting wider.

Atticus thinks to himself silently for a couple minutes before speaking again. "How much wine has my vineyards produced since I have been gone?"

"Well, I don't know the exact number, but it is a lot of wine." Celestia replied slowly.

Cadence rolled her eyes. It was so obvious what her father was going to was going to do to her poor aunt.

"And to who has my wine been sold?”Atticus said his smile getting larger. It resembled the smile of the Cheshire Cat from that Colt Disney movie.

"I bought the wine mostly on a tab. Some restaurants buy them straight up so you don't have to worry about them." Celestia sighed out. Here come the dreaded question.

"Ah, and have you paid for it?" He continues with a smirk now on his face.

"No. Cadence never collected the money from her dearly beloved Aunt." Celestia replied. She covered her eyes with her hands in embarrassment. Cadence giggles softly looking at them. Her aunt was acting like a teenage filly. She sensed some weird form of energy coming from her aunt.Cadence shrugged it off. ‘She’s probably just nervous Daddy is back now.’

Twilight's friends look extremely confused, well except for Pinkie naturally who was stuffing her face with food. Rainbow Dash stared at Atticus helmet which he had put to the side when the meal started. ‘I'm so going to want one of those’ She thought to herself silently. Applejack was looking at the Princess sensing that she was in fact telling the truth and not making up some excuse to give him money. Fluttershy wasn't paying attention because her mind was still on the story he had told them. Rarity was just sipping her tea watching the discussion happen out before her.

“Huh. You need to stop drinking so much alcohol Celestia. Not even I drink that much and I have wine everyday." Atticus teased. She always had a drinking problem. Even before he had disappeared. Just one more bottle wouldn't hurt type of mentality.

"Hey. It's not my fault that I drink. It helps deal with stress, which I have a lot of by the way. Besides, you're the one that introduced me to wine in the first place." Celestia replied with a pout. The elements that were paying were now shocked at what their beloved princess had said.

"Hehe. I didn't tell you to become an alcoholic. Anyway Celly, today I am calling on all the money that you owe my household." Atticus said. Plans were already going through his mind. Oh the possibility. "Of course the first things I am going to need is some new clothing. It appears that my own are either gone to the dust or out of style."

Rarity then gasped and stood up. "I'll make your clothing darling. Free of charge of course."

Atticus turns to look at her with surprise of his face. A guest of the princess, a tailor. Quite unbelievable. "You're a tailor."

"Yes. It would be a great opportunity to work with such a legend as yourself. I would be honored if you let me of course." Rarity replied. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and she will not let this pass by her. Just imagine all the new clients showing up. She almost started to drool, but she caught herself before she started to. Rarity smiles. "I could show you some of the new styles of clothing dear."

Atticus looks at her and then thinks about it. He really did need clothing and she was offering to do it for free. It was a bad offer on her side. He just got a large amount of money and he could have payed her for the new clothing. Well it's her loss. Atticus nods. "I shall accept your kind offer Miss Rarity."

Rarity smiled. "Please call me Rarity." She said nodding. Atticus nodded in return and they finished their morning meal in peace. Atticus stood up once he had finished his meal. “This place is….unfamiliar to me.” He started and looks at Celestia. “Is there a tour?” Atticus smiled softly.

Celestia smiled back a little bit sad. “Sadly my schedule is full for today, but I managed to sneak this breakfast in. However, Cadence could show you around if she isn't busy. Twilight and her friends could accompany you two if they don't have any other plans.” She said looking at Cadence who was finishing the last of her meal.

Cadence smiles happily. “Of course I will.” She was nervous inside. ‘I really hope we don't run into Shining. Daddy would kill him just for being my fiancée. Pfft he would make my beloved Shining Armors death a slow one if he also finds out he's the captain of the Solar Guard.’ She thought nervously. Despite her telling him to take the day off; there was always a chance that they could stumble upon each other in the city. She kept smiling despite her nervousness.

“Well ah guess we don't have much planned for this here visit.” Applejack thought out loud. “I'm in.”

“I don't have anything important to do right now so I guess I'm in.” Rainbow Dash said as she kept staring at the helmet. She really wanted to wear it. It would make her not 20% cooler, but a whopping 21% cooler. A whole percent more cooler than the usual!

“I'm always up for tour!” Pinkie practically shouted. She had her usual big smile on her face.

Fluttershy who was now paying attention nodded. “That sounds lovely.”

“I shall be joining.” Rarity said. “What about you Twilight?”

This knocked Twilight out of her stupor and she looked at them confused. “Sorry what did you say?” Twilight asked blushing. She slapped her forehead mentally for not paying attention.

“Would you like to join us for a tour of Canterlot dear.” Rarity answered her question.

“Oh sure I guess. I suppose we could go visit my family since we are here. It's been awhile since I've seen them and they don't live that far from the castle.” Twilight said not noticing Cadence freeze up.

“Excellent.” Atticus stood up and he put his helmet back over his head. Everyone else stood up. Celestia hugged Atticus one last time. “We can talk more later when I'm done for the day. We have much to discuss.” She whispered into his ear. He just nodded in return. “

Cadence stands up with her smile still on her face. “Follow me everyone.” Atticus nods as he walked next to Cadence with Twilight and her friends following after them. Cadence smiled and she held her father's arm as they walked through the castle. Atticus smiled back at her. They soon came upon the exit and they left the palace grounds. The guards out on patrol stared at the tall Roman. Atticus just glared at them and the quickly moved out of the way. ‘He is with the princess and the elements of harmony,’ the Sergeant in command thought as the group walked out into the street.

Cadence smiled as she pointed out the the stores along the street. She highfives herself mentally for leading them from the opposite way from Twilight's home. She kept looking at her father's face. He had a look of wonder each time she showed him something new. She looked behind her and she saw Twilight having a talk with her friends as they walked. Atticus and Cadence turned the corner when somepony bumped into Atticus.

“Oof.” the pony fell back on the ground. Whatever the pony was carrying was thrown to the ground. Cadence moved to help the pony before she froze in shock and closed her eyes.

“Cady?” The pony said. Atticus stared at him and grabs him by the stallions shirt collar. “Who are you and how do you know my daughter.”

Shining Armor stared at the towering human that was currently holding him in the air. He let out the breathe he was didn't know he was holding in. “Um-I I'm her fiance Shining Armor.” He stuttered out.

Atticus kept staring at him and lets him go making Shining Armor fall on the ground in a undignified manner. Atticus glares at Cadence who was closing her eyes as if that could hide her from her father.

“Explain. NOW.”

Author's Note:

ITS FINALLY DONE. Im so sorry guys and girls. (Yeah i assumed y'all genders). i had a HUGE writers block. Anyways i hope everyone enjoyed this chapter and I have a question. Would you guys like more frequent updates but shorter chapters or longer chapters but with a longer waiting time. Feel free to check out my other stories. Have a wonderful day and pm me if you have any questions or if you want to plain out talk.