• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 8,951 Views, 333 Comments

Beyond the Skies - FrostTheWolf



It all started with obtaining a Crystalline necklace that looked like a Traptanium Crystal. Now, for one boy, he can turn into a Skylander. But he still needs to get a hold of his powers first. [Skylanders Crossover][Displaced]

  • ...
23
 333
 8,951

PreviousChapters Next
Scroll 4- Preparations

Beyond the Skies- Preparations


Castle of Friendship

“It means I’m going to have to craft you a suit for the occasion.” Rarity’s words had Calvin become a bit surprised and also left him a bit puzzled as well. He didn’t know what exactly the “Grand Galloping Gala” was or why he had to dress like he was going to a wedding for it, but those were all things that he had to ask the ponies in the room. He took a moment to think things through, but after five minutes, the young boy began to ask the questions that popped up inside his mind.

“Wait a second, what is this Grand Galloping Gala though? I’ve only been here for a few hours, and I’m not exactly familiar with what it is.”

“The Grand Galloping Gala is a formal social event where almost all the highest of Nobles and diplomats from across Equestria, and in some cases other countries, come to socialize with one another, along with getting to meet Princess Celestia herself.” Twilight explained to him. To Calvin’s young brain though, he couldn’t understand most of the words that the Alicorn was saying.

“Uhh… English please?” Twilight’s only response was a raised eyebrow as Rainbow Dash was the only one who picked up on Calvin’s confusion.

“He wants you to speak in non-egghead, Twilight,” Rainbow clarified, “He is just as old as Scootaloo, so he wouldn’t understand those big words that you always find in the dictionary.”

“Right…” Twilight sighed. “It’s a big party-”

“Oh, you mean like New Year's Eve?” Calvin asked, “Back home, it’s a huge celebration where we say goodbye to the old year and hello to the new one.” The thought of that surprised Twilight, but she resisted the urge to reply with another long and drawn out question.

“Something along those lines if you want to call it that. Whatever the case may be, Rarity is right. You’ll need some casual clothes for the evening if you plan on meeting the Princess, which means she’ll have to help make you some new clothes.”

“But, I already have my clothes? Aren’t these casual?” He asked. “I feel casual in them.”

Twilight sighed, facehoofing herself as she sighed deeply. “I mean casual in appearance.”

“Well, that could mean multiple things-”

“Calvin, what Egghead is trying to tell you is that you need a nice dress shirt and slacks for the event. Plus, Rarity would need to talk to the shoemaker to see if they could get you something to cover your feet,” Rainbow Dash told him, “No offense, but seeing those out in broad daylight makes me think you’re an ape.”

“None taken,” came the sarcastic reply. “So, I guess I’ll just follow Rarity then?”

“Sure thing. Come along now, dear.” Rarity told him as she trotted out of the castle. Calvin followed her along with Rainbow Dash, who wanted to spend some more time with the boy. However, while he was walking by the train station, he thought that he heard the sound of screaming. Something along the lines of “OH, ELEMENTS! PLEASE SPARE ME!!!”

“Hey girls, did you hear that?” He asked both Rainbow and Rarity as they passed by the station.

“Hear what, Calvin?” Rainbow then asked.

“Something that sounded like someone screaming?”

Rainbow herself raised an eyebrow and looked around. Normally, she would be the first pony to hear screams, because she would be the one to save them. But this wasn’t really synching and just shrugged it off. “… Nah, all I hear is the train on the tracks.”

“Odd,” the boy muttered. “I swear I thought I heard someone just now.” Calvin just shook his head a little and kept on walking. Soon, they reached Rarity’s home, and the boy now began to realize why it was called the “Carousel” Boutique. The whole interior almost resembled a carnival ride with the mannequins looking like the animals of a carousel back home, just this time... with only ponies.

“Now, Darling, before I begin sewing anything, I wanted to make sure you feel comfortable. So, I’m going to need your input on a few things.”

“Input?”

“Your opinion.”

“Oh, alright,” Calvin said. “What is it that you need my opinion on?”

Rarity chuckled a little to herself as she looked at the young boy. “Well, for me to be able to make your clothes, I’m going to need your measurements in shirt and pants size and also know what kind of color fabric you prefer.”

“Okay, what are my options for the colors of my clothes?”

Rarity’s eyes twinkled a little at the question. Oh, she could not wait to surprise him with what she had in store. Soon, she had a huge book filled with numerous patterns, textures, and styles of fabrics in front of the boy. Calvin took a little bit of time to look over the numerous designs before choosing a dark and crisp navy blue for both the pants and shirt. After some time and a few measurements, the unicorn had what she needed in order to begin making the outfit for the young boy.

However, as she was just about to begin with the sewing, the door to the room opened and a small bell began to chime, causing Rarity, Rainbow and Calvin to turn around in the direction of the noise. “Rarity, I’M HOME!!!”

“Goodness, Sweetie Belle. What have I told you before about yelling inside the house while I’m working?”

“S-sorry-... Wait a minute…” The filly stopped speaking as soon as she and her friends that were right beside her saw Calvin. “M-monster!!”

“Wait wha-!?”

“GET HIM!!”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS, MONSTER CATCHERS YAY!!!” Without warning, all three fillies that were by the door tried to pounce onto Calvin and tackle him to the floor. However, the orange pegasus was stopped by Rainbow Dash and Rarity used her levitation spell to pick up her sister in mid-air. Leaving a young Earth Pony to knock him onto the floor.

“Ah got him, girls!!”

“Applebloom? What the hay are you doing!?” Rainbow snapped. “Calvin is a friend of ours, not somepony for you to knock over like that!”

“Wait… A friend? Does mah sister know-?”

“What in tarnations is going on here!?” Came the voice of another earth pony a few seconds later, who on first instinct used a Lasso that she had to try and tie up Calvin and separate Applebloom from him. Calvin, out of instinct, grabbed hold of his necklace before being tied up and then said something.

“Fuel the Flames.”

Blue fire began to channel around him, burning the ropes as the boy turned into Spitfire. His burning claws cutting through the ropes briefly before turning back to normal a few seconds later.

“Calvin, was that really necessary? Applejack is a friend of ours,” Rainbow told him as she set down Scootaloo. “The one with the bow is named Apple Bloom, the little squirt right here is Scootaloo, and the one with the cat is Sweetie Belle.”

“I-I’m sorry Rainbow. I just don’t like the feeling of getting tied up like that. Brings back bad memories of when I was in school.”

“Oh? Why’s that, sugarcube?” The pony with the Stetson hat, who Calvin assumed was Applejack, asked him.

“Back home, bullies use to tie me up with their jackets and shove me into a locker.” He sighed a little, recalling the memories. “I’ve had a bit of a rough life back where I’m from, so some things that remind me of those bad moments cause me to react like that.”

“It’s alright, partner. Care to tell us though what was the thing ya’ did with the flames?”

“Oh, right…” Calvin sighed. “You see, that’s the thing. My necklace allows me to transform into a series of creatures back from where I’m from called Skylanders. By saying something they would say and focusing, I can turn into one of them for a short amount of time.”

Rainbow and Rarity helped out Calvin with filling in the gaps in his explanation to the three fillies and the Element of Honesty, adding in the encounter he had with the Princesses and the fact that Calvin will be joining them during the Grand Galloping Gala. In addition, Rainbow helped recall what Fluttershy had told her about the incident regarding the “Chompies” and the pod that was found in the back of the school, surprising the fillies when they realized that what terrorized the whole town was their school project. Still, the three of them found it as quite awesome to see someone with powers and abilities that would make him be on the same level of “Awesomeness” as Rainbow Dash.

Later in the day, Rainbow went with Calvin in order to go get some of the other things that he might need for the event. But also, he began to wonder about the voice he heard… and where it could possibly be right around now.


Glumshanks

He had been running non-stop, mostly out of fear for his life, but the minion serving under Lord Kaos finally felt safe once he stumbled into the snowy wastes of the Crystal Empire. But with that though, there came some new problems. First off, it was flippin’ cold. He was shivering every ten steps he took with no source of heat or anything to keep him warm. Second, the weather wasn’t doing him any good either with the raging snowstorm that was kicking up. Third, there was the thought of Kaos in the back of his mind and how he’d react if he came back empty handed. Possibly being yelled at for being “useless” like all the other times before. He really made it a goal of his to find something that could possibly please his master. Soon though, he saw a faint glimmer of hope that he stumbled upon: a cave. What was inside the cave though was actually more important: the leftovers of an old makeshift shelter.

As he walked through the frozen tunnel, the minion soon felt something along his feet and looked down. What he saw looked like a curved Red horn of some kind of fang, but as he picked it up, he saw shadow like magic seep from the horn, like it was smoke. As more smoke gathered, a pair of devilish eyes began to form as Glumshanks backed up against the wall. He couldn’t stop his shaking body as he looked at whatever this… thing was.

“O-oh no… W-what did I do?”

The black spirit looked at Glumshanks, confused. He wanted answers and wanted them now. “Who… are you?” It’s tone came out subtle. But soon, the voice rose into an ear piercing screech “I SAID… WHO… ARE… YOU!!?!”

Glumshanks was terrified now. He dropped the horn, muttering his name in a low whisper like tone. He thought that whatever this was, it couldn’t have heard him. He was soon proven wrong.

“Glumshanks? Is that Right? You are…… Interesting… I feel the darkness and fear in your heart, but feel something… foreign. Pfft, forget it… Tell me, why do you disturb me at this hour?”

Gaining courage, Glumshanks spoke again and told the wisp everything. From his master to his crash landing and lastly, running from the wolves all the way to here and finding him. The blackened soul was intrigued by the story, especially the mentioning of the Lord Kaos that this underling had served.

“Interesting…… Is it possible for you to take me to this… Kaos that you serve?”

“I would… but my transport crashed and is nothing but scrap metal-”

“‘Tis alright. We will improvise-”

“B-but you haven’t even told me your name,” The Loyal minion protested.

“I believe it would be easier if I introduced myself to both you and your master at the same time,” It replied, “Do you have a backup plan?”

Glumshanks thought it through for a long amount of time, but then remembered something. Despite the radio he used to contact Kaos being trashed, he had a long range emergency radio that he kept on him. However, he is unsure of if he should contact Kaos until after he found out all he knew about the surface. To him, it seemed too soon.

“Well?” Came the impatient voice of the wisp.

“Oh, sorry! I have an emergency radio to use, but my master told me only to use it once I found out all I knew about this surface world.”

“Hmm… Then maybe I can help. I know all about these lands and can be quite useful to your ‘master’. All you need to do is take me to him.”

Now, with that in mind, Glumshanks turned on the radio. After figuring out the right transmitting frequency, he soon was able to connect to an open communication channel. “L-lord Kaos? Lord Kaos, come in.


Back at his Castle, the unexpected call of his loyal minion caused Kaos’ concentration to break as he fell down with a loud THUD! When he stepped out with his evil bath robe on, he soon picked up the other end of the radio. “Glumshanks, how many times have I told you not to contact me while I’m busy!?!”

What were you even doing exactly…? Did you slip in the shower again?

“Fool!! I was just simply washing my head… and my arms… and my hands… and- Oh whatever. It doesn’t really matter. What do you want!?” He demanded. Kaos wasn’t really in the mood for any failures.

“I found something that could be beneficial in your plans, but my transport crashed when I landed. Could it be possible for you to teleport me back to the castle?”

“Ugh, fine… I hope this is actually useful, Glumshanks. I don’t want you to fail me again.” It took Kaos a little bit to prepare himself for the summoning, because he needed to change back into his proper robes. His bath robes wouldn’t exactly do the trick for this anyways. As he walked over to his dark portal of power, he began to conjure the necessary magic in order for him to summon his loyal minion back to his fortress.

When he did return, all Kaos saw was him holding a fang of sorts. “Glumshanks, I did not ask you to bring back a souvenier. I asked for information. Do I seriously need to try and drill it into that thick skull of yours!?!”

“B-but-.”

“Maybe I should do the talking?” The black wisp spoke as he flowed out of the horn again. This time, the wisp took the form of an Equine like figure that was transparent and couldn’t be touched. “My name is Sombra, and I believe both you and I, Lord Kaos, have some common interests between each other.”

“Oh really? Why’s that?” Kaos folded his arms, displeased.

“Well, from what I can concur, you want to conquer the lands below am I right?”

“H-how do y-?”

“Glumshanks told me.” The statement was followed up by a swift glare to the loyal minion, whom quickly ducked for cover behind Kaos’ throne. “Anyways, there are things that I know that can be useful to you.”

“Oh, really?” Kaos asked, unimpressed. “Define useful.

“Well, I know all about those lands, the species that live there and the ones who might get in the way of your goals. With my knowledge and power, I can make those dreams become a reality… You will be unstoppable… What do you think?”

Kaos smiled mischievously. “I believe that’s something I can agree to. Now, tell me this… when is a possible time that I can introduce myself to these creatures?”

Sombra grinned. “Well… There is one social gathering that takes place every year called the Grand Galloping Gala…”


End Scroll 4

Author's Note:

And the plot thickens... Got the chance to play Superchargers during Comic con and I gotta tell you, Spitfire is fun to play as. I might have Calvin using him more often. Enjoy!

PreviousChapters Next