• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 8,930 Views, 333 Comments

Beyond the Skies - FrostTheWolf



It all started with obtaining a Crystalline necklace that looked like a Traptanium Crystal. Now, for one boy, he can turn into a Skylander. But he still needs to get a hold of his powers first. [Skylanders Crossover][Displaced]

  • ...
23
 333
 8,930

PreviousChapters Next
Scroll 27- Sweet Dreams are Not Made of These (Part 4)

Author's Note:

Now, this chapter is treated as more of an epilogue to the previous three... short, but sweet.
-Frost

Fun fact- In total, This chapter was over 25K words across over fifty pages according to Google Docs. Glad I decided to break it into parts :rainbowlaugh:

Beyond the Skies- Sweet Dreams are Not Made of These Part 4


It may had been hours since she had gone inside the dreams of the Cutie Mark Crusaders to erase their nightmares, but for Luna, it felt much longer. After she and her companions had to face a Night Terror and she had to channel her magic to keep Scootaloo’s dream stable, the princess was beginning to recuperate now that she was in the comforts of her own dream and felt that strength slowly beginning to come back.

Of course, there was one thing that did not seem to go away so easily for her. That was stress. Her dreams were usually a place where she could relax and let her stress from her duties as a princess just melt away. Yet, everything that happened earlier just happened to put on more stress than she needed.

“Ugh… Even with Calvin’s help, I still feel like this,” she groaned as a small alarm clock appeared out of nowhere and began to ring, shortly before Luna punched it with her forehoof and let out a yawn, “Guess it can’t be helped-”

“Leaving so soon, my dear?”

The voice made Luna freeze in place, before she slowly began to turn around. It was the same furless nightmare pony that was the ‘announcer’ in Sweetie Belle’s dream, but now, they were standing directly behind her.

“Oh, brilliant… you again,” the princess groaned as she let out a deeply irritated sigh, “What are you here for? To haunt my dreams and make things even more stressful?”

“Haha!! Of course not!” they proclaimed, before holding the microphone it was using to broadcast its voice and stretching out the bottom to give it a proper mic-stand, “I’m here to help!”

Immediately, Luna blinked, baffled by what she had just heard, “… Come again?”

“Help!” it repeated, before tapping his contraption to check and see if it was working before looking back at her.

“You… want to help… with-?”

“You just mentioned it yourself, my dear. Your stress!” he replied, “For you see, I’m not like any other Nightmare you have probably come across. Many of them would end up attacking you on sight, but I am not like them. I’m one of a kind, one for all things entertainment… and well… after seeing the show that you put on, that was the best entertainment that I have seen in a long time.”

“I’m flattered… but what is your point?” Luna narrowed her eyes.

“Getting right to it, are we?” they asked, “Well, I would like to make a deal with you, my dear princess. I wish to provide you the opportunity for you to partake in the entertainment that I host, for what better way to relieve that stress than to relieve some nightmarish fools of their need to feast on dreams. In return, I wish to not be erased on the spot by one such as yourself and remain here.”

That… was an odd proposal. One that Luna was not entirely sure about herself, “You will not wander into the dreams of our subjects?”

“Nope. After all, the best form of entertainment comes from one who is brave enough to fight back. Something that you already showcased to me,” the announcer replied with a wide smile as Luna can see his pointed teeth. A few seconds later, he extended a hoof out to her, “So… do we have a deal?”

Luna personally felt a bit conflicted. Even though its offer sounded good, would it really be right for her to trust somepony like this? Though, they did promise not to haunt the dreams of their subjects, which was one less nightmare for her to worry about.”

After what felt like several minutes, she finally spoke up, “I have a condition.”

“Oh, really?” the announcer replied, “What would that be?”

“It would not feel right to trust someone who is anonymous,” the princess explained, “Therefore, if we are to have a deal, then I say that you need a name.”

“A name? Hmm,” the announcer scratched his chin with a hoof as they thought it over, before it looked like something appeared in his mind, “I have one possible idea for such a thing that’s been floating around in the back of my head. Feels pretty fitting too,” taking a moment to adjust its suit, it then looked back to Luna, “How about Aeron? Simple, but I believe it gets the point across rather well.”

The princess of the night nodded, letting out a breath of relief as she looked back at the nightmare, “Alright, Aeron. You have a deal.”

“Splendid! Now, don’t mind me, I have some preparations to make. Good day, Princess,” the nightmare smiled, turning around as it began to walk away… but not before it looked directly in front of them as if someone was watching them, “As for you… well… stay tuned.


End Scroll 27

PreviousChapters Next