• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 8,920 Views, 333 Comments

Beyond the Skies - FrostTheWolf



It all started with obtaining a Crystalline necklace that looked like a Traptanium Crystal. Now, for one boy, he can turn into a Skylander. But he still needs to get a hold of his powers first. [Skylanders Crossover][Displaced]

  • ...
23
 333
 8,920

PreviousChapters Next
Scroll 18- Hypno Havoc

Author's Note:

So yeah... this chapter is one of the longest ones that I have done for this one yet. I do hope you guys like it, and also spot some hidden easter eggs to some movies I did with certain scenes that had Discord in them.

New Skylanders-
Chop Chop

Hoot Loop

Magna Charge

Sorry for making you wait on this. Thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoy it.
-Frost

Beyond the Skies- Hypno Havoc


It had been around two weeks since Calvin’s first initial ‘meeting’ with the unicorn named Starlight Glimmer, and in the weeks since, there had been a couple of noticeable changes since then. For one thing, since Starlight had agreed to become Princess Twilight’s student. She now had her own room inside the castle, which was directly next door to that of Calvin’s. Another was that since she saw the whole ‘student of friendship’ opportunity as a fresh start. She decided to change her mane as well to reflect on that. Most of the days were spent with Twilight, reviewing numerous times that each one of her friends had learned a valuable ‘friendship lesson’, while also having Starlight try to understand it, too.

Yet, today was different. It started around the time that Calvin was getting up, yawning as his eyes fluttered open, and he slowly emerged from the comfort of his bed. As he walked to the door, he began to feel that something wasn’t quite right in this scenario. Normally around now, he would hear the voices of either Twilight, Starlight or Spike echoing throughout the hallway as they were talking in the center of the castle or having breakfast. Yet, right now, it was quieter than an Undead Sensei realm.

Opening the door only led to him being even more curious, as he did not see anypony around, nor hear anypony either, just the sound of wind softly blowing outside. Though, as he walked closer to where the Cutie Map was, he did happen to find something laid out across the table. It looked to be a piece of parchment, the same kind that Twilight would use to write letters to Princess Celestia, as well as that one note that she did for him a while back.

“Well, I guess it might not hurt to read it,” he said to himself, picking it up with his left hand as he read the words that were written on the page.

Dear Calvin,

Sorry for telling you about this on short notice, but Princess Cadance had invited us over to the Crystal Empire for the Crystalling. My friends and I are going to be gone for most of the day, along with Spike and Starlight, so you’ll be by yourself for the time being. Even so, please make sure to be on your best behavior.

Sincerely,

Twilight

P.S. You don’t have to stay inside the castle all day if you don’t feel up for it. Maybe you can check if Apple Bloom and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are doing anything today and see if you can join them? Just a thought.

That did seem like a good idea, he had to admit. Though, just to make sure, he flipped the parchment around, so he was certain that he did not accidentally overlook anything that Twilight might’ve frantically scribbled on the back. When seeing that it was completely blank, all he did was let out a sigh of relief. “At least we won’t have the same kind of mix up like before.”

Of course, Twilight’s letter also did tell him one thing, considering the language of the message. Not to head to the Skylands. For you see, Twilight didn’t just want to immediately show her student the M.A.P. just yet. Of course, Starlight was partially familiar with the Skylanders, given the encounter with Stealth Elf, and that required both Twilight and Calvin to just give her a general explanation on the matter. However, she was not fully aware of the Skylands and was given the impression that the Skylanders were like ‘familiars’ that Calvin could summon.

Though, the full conversation on that topic was for another day. Right now, the Skyshifter needed to figure out what was going to be on today’s agenda. The letter gave him one potential idea, yet the only problem was that he wasn’t sure where Apple Bloom and her friends might be right around now. At first, he thought that Sweetie Belle would be at Carousel Boutique. But after walking over to the shop, he noticed a ‘SORRY. WE’RE CLOSED.’ sign on the door, and nopony else was inside.

“Well, that rules that out.” Calvin grumbled, folding his arms as he looked around, trying to think of some other place that he could possibly find them. Then, he remembered something. Back during Nightmare Night, the apple family was the one who had set up the corn maze by Sweet Apple Acres. So, maybe Apple Bloom was still at the orchard with Granny Smith. Or at the least, they might know where she is.

With that thought in his mind, Calvin now set off towards Sweet Apple Acres, keeping his eyes open, just in case the three fillies that he’s looking for happen to pass by. Though, as he walked through Ponyville, the only ponies that he did happen to see passing by were those who lived in town, the ponies that were buying their groceries at the market and some of the children from Cheerilee’s school playing on the playground. Nopony in particular he recognized though.

Eventually though, as he got closer to the orchard, he was able to find somepony that he did recognize. That being Big Mac, Apple Bloom’s older brother. He looked to have been finishing up some apple bucking and was placing the baskets on a cart that he was going to bring back. Though, Calvin took the chance to speak up after he placed the last of them on the cart. “Hey there, uh… you’re Mac, right?”

It took a moment for the stallion to turn around and recognize him, before giving his answer. “Eeyup.”

“Oh, good. Was kind of worried that I would mistake you for somepony else,” Calvin let out a small sigh of relief. “Anyways, have you seen Apple Bloom? I was wondering if she and the crusaders were doing anything today.”

“Nope.” For a moment, Calvin thought that he was going to add something onto that, like give a bit more detail as to where she might be. But, from the looks of it, he didn’t seem to say anything on that, which prompted the Skyshifter’s follow up question for the farm pony, after giving it some thought.

“Do you know where she might’ve went?”

Unfortunately though, the response remained the same. “Nope.”

Dang it, that’s two strikes so far,” he told himself. In Calvin’s mind, three strikes when it came to conversations meant that there were three different times that someone or somepony in this case said no. Usually, by the third time, they would either get irritated or it would get to the point where he might have better luck if he still kept looking around. Though, it did not mean that he should give up just yet. All it meant was that he needed to think of a good question for him to ask that wasn’t so complex.

Hopefully, this one would work. Because if it didn’t, then he had no idea where else he should start looking. “Do you know somepony who might know where she is?”

“Eeyup.”

Immediately, Calvin’s mind had an internal sigh of relief. At least he was getting somewhere now. “Great! Who is it?”

“Granny.” At first, that confused Calvin. But after looking back at the barn, he happened to notice the pony named Granny Smith at the front porch on her rocker. Which, in Calvin’s mind, meant that she was the next person that he should talk to.

“Okay. Thanks for the help, Mac.” With that, he began to walk over to the front of the barn and then go around the side to approach the elderly mare. He was careful because he didn’t want to accidentally startle her at all, since it looked like she was taking a nap, only for her to raise her head and look directly at him as he approached the steps to the porch.

“Why, hello,” the elderly mare spoke up. “You’re Apple Bloom’s friend, right?” The only response Calvin gave was a nod of his head as she smiled back at him. “Thought as much. She left to go to the clubhouse after finishin’ her chores this morning.”

The last part had Calvin a little bit puzzled as he looked back at Granny Smith, tilting his head. “I’m sorry… the clubhouse?”

Granny Smith just raised an eyebrow for a moment as she looked back to the young boy. “Wha? She didn’t tell ya?” she then asked, only leading to Calvin shaking his head from side to side as the elderly mare let out a sigh. “Figures… she and her friends have a clubhouse where they meet up every once in a while if they were gonna do something. Ya can’t miss it. It’s in a tree on the same path ya came here on, just around Sweet Apple Acres.”

Out of all the places that he thought that the Cutie Mark Crusaders would be at, a clubhouse that was in a tree was not what he was thinking at all. If anything, that would probably be the last place he would honestly expect to find them. Not to mention the fact that it wasn’t exactly easy to find a single clubhouse, considering the fact that the entire pathway to Sweet Apple Acres had trees on both sides, meaning that it was probably going to take him a while in order to figure out where exactly they were and which tree had their clubhouse.

Of course, it wasn’t until he made his way down the path towards Ponyville and then went back towards the orchard that he heard a familiar voice call out to him, just as he was considering asking a Skylander for help. “Hey, Calvin, up here!”

He lifted his head up, turning to the left to see one particular tree that was in front of him before noticing a ramp that led up to the front of the wooden structure that he believed was the clubhouse, and Apple Bloom waving from outside a window. All that did was just have him facepalm for a moment. All this time he spent looking for the clubhouse, only to realize that it was right there in plain sight the whole time.

“You will not believe how long it was taking me to try and find you girls.”

“What are ya doing out here anyways?” Apple Bloom then asked.

“Well, Twilight and her friends are going up to the Crystal Empire with Starlight and Spike, so I was wondering if you girls wanted to do something. Probably would be better than just sitting around in the castle doing nothing, right?” he asked, which led to Apple Bloom looking back inside the clubhouse for a moment. In Calvin’s mind, she was probably talking to both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, since he was hearing three different sets of voices, which was confirmed because not too soon after that did all three of them stick their heads outside the clubhouse.

“I guess that makes sense,” Sweetie Belle then added. “Though, we’re not entirely sure what to do either. We were trying to think of ideas before Apple Bloom noticed you walking around like a lost puppy.”

“You don’t have to tell him that!” Apple Bloom then spoke up, which led to Scootaloo rolling her eyes as Sweetie Belle just looked back at her friend and shrugged her shoulders.

“So, uh… aside from that, do you have any ideas on something we could do?” the pegasus filly asked. “Because I’m not sure if we’re going to end up coming up with anything yet that we haven’t already done before. Plus, I’m pretty sure that it might be better than just sitting around, bored out of our minds.”

For a moment, Calvin pondered on what they could do right around now. A few potential possibilities came to mind, but after giving it some thought, one idea stood out to him the most. “How about we head to Fluttershy’s cottage? I mean, given how quickly she must’ve left, someone has to look out for Angel and her animals, right?”

All three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders looked at each other for a moment, talking amongst themselves and trying to see if what he suggested was a good idea. Though, not a moment too soon after that, Sweetie Belle had a question for him. “Um… it sounds good, but wouldn’t her place be locked up? I mean, nopony is probably in there right now.”

That just had Calvin let out a sigh as he looked back at the filly. “I can think of one person that might be there.”


“So, you think that it’s possible that Discord is at the cottage right now?” Sweetie Belle now asked him as the four of them were making their way over to Fluttershy’s home.

“Most likely,” the skyshifter told her, “Most of the times that I’ve been at the cottage, he’s also there, too. I think today’s no exception.”

“I thought I heard Twilight say once that he had his own place,” Scootaloo then added, which had Calvin look back at her as he shrugged his shoulders.

“If he did, then I don’t really know why he would come to Fluttershy’s cottage so often.”

“Maybe he’s lonely?” Apple Bloom then asked. That in turn had both of her friends and Calvin stop walking and look back at her. “What? It’s just a thought. Perhaps he prefers to come here so that he can have somepony to talk to?”

All Calvin could do was look back at the two other fillies before shrugging his shoulders. “It’s a possibility. But more than likely, it’s probably so that he doesn’t get bored,” he told them, “Heck, the first time I met him, he was trying to roleplay as a knight saving a princess from a dragon and put Angel in a dress and wig so he played the part.”

“Who was the dragon?” Scootaloo asked.

“Harry. Had a costume for him and everything,” he said, just as they were approaching the door to the cottage. Of course, before he could knock on it in order to see who was inside, they all soon heard a voice. At first, it sounded like it was Discord. Though, something about it was different this time.

“Of course not! You can’t come up here!! You are neighlish Putts!!”

That had Calvin back up from the door as he looked back at the girls. “Oh boy, here he goes again.”

“What? You mean him doing that roleplaying thingy?” Sweetie Belle then asked, which had Calvin nod. Shortly before she decided to ask another question this time. “What do you think he’s doing this time?”

“I’m not entirely sure, to be honest-”

“I’m prench!! Why do you think I have this outrageously silly accent, you stupid king?!” They all heard Discord speak up again, his voice adding more emphasis to the change in tone. “Now, mind your own business!!”

That had all three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Calvin look at one another. They were not sure if that was part of this act that Discord is doing or if he actually meant that, even more so when they heard what he said next. “You don’t scare us, you neighlish pigs! Go and boil your bottoms under a silly pony!! I’ll blow my nose at you so cold, flanky king!!” That was followed by the sound of what seemed like somepony sticking out their tongue and using it to insult them, before hearing another statement. “I don’t want to talk to you no more, you empty headed cabbage patch kids. I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries!! Now, go away before I taunt you a second time-”

That was when Calvin personally thought that he heard enough and decided to just open the door instead of knock first. In the living room, they found Discord hiding behind what looked like a cardboard castle while Angel and four other critters were all dressed up like a series of knights, with Angel looking like a king, especially since the rabbit had a crown on his head to match the clothes Discord had given him. “Um… should I even ask what you were doing?”

“What? You don’t even know what this is from?” he asked, which led to all four of them shaking their heads from side to side as he let out a sigh before snapping his talons to put away all of the costumes and roleplaying equipment that he had out. “Man, you kids really are missing out… So, what brings you here?”

“Well, since Fluttershy and her friends were going to the Crystal Empire, we thought that we could help take care of Angel and the rest of the animals,” he explained to her.

“They’re going to the Crystal Empire?” Discord then asked, sounding rather surprised by that statement. Which, in turn, surprised Calvin and everypony else.

“She didn’t tell you?”

“No, she just said that she was going to be out with her friends to see Cadance and the Princesses before leaving to meet them at the train station. I just thought that meant they were going up to Canterlot, even though it’s a bit of a silly place,” the draconequus chuckled as the crusaders began to get a couple of items from Fluttershy’s pantry to feed to Angel and some of the animals outside.

“Well, it looks to be something different. Though, Twilight didn’t give me much details about it in the letter she left for me back at the castle other than suggesting that I should be with Apple Bloom and the other crusaders,” Calvin replied back to the draconequus, before asking him the first question that came to his mind right around now. “How about you? What have you been doing all day besides acting like an insulting prench pony?”

“Well, I’m glad you asked,” he said, before conjuring a slide projector as he had it show several images on the nearby wall. Most notably, pictures of him when he turned into Blackout, Spotlight, Spitfire, and a few of his other Skylander transformations he had already done before. That was also followed by a few pictures of what looked to be when Spyro and Stealth Elf found Twilight’s castle on their own, via the M.A.P. “Earlier, I was trying to ponder a bit about the different kinds of species that not only have we seen you turn into, but also have seen come here through Twilight’s basement. It got me curious, and I was wondering what else there was that I did not know about. But before I could continue, Fluttershy asked me to watch over the animals while she was heading out.”

“So, wait… you were trying to find out more about them?” Calvin asked, a bit curious by the way he phrased it. “Why is that?”

“Now now, can’t somepony be a little curious without having their reason’s being questioned?” Discord’s question was only met by silence and a glare from Angel before he let out a deep sigh. “I’m the Lord of Chaos. Why else would I be curious about all these new events?”

“I don’t know… unless there’s something that I have that you’re still trying to make sense of, then-” Calvin paused for a moment upon hearing himself say that as well as noticing Discord’s ears twitch in response too. “It’s my pendant, isn’t it?”

“Righty-o, good sir!” he declared, a monocle and a bowler hat appearing on Discord’s head to make him look like a gentlemen before dismissing both things as he looked back at Calvin. Yet, the Skyshifter was not entirely comfortable with where this conversation might be headed. Eon did emphasize that the elementanium crystal only worked with him and that he should do everything he could to keep it safe. So, it did not seem like a good idea to just hand it over to Discord of all creatures.

“Um, Discord… I’m sorry, but I made a promise to a friend to keep it safe, so I can’t really show you or let you mess around with it,” he told him, now trying to think of a way to try and not have him come off as disappointed. “Maybe we can make a deal?”

That immediately had the draconequus refocus his attention as Calvin could see a smirk begin to form on his face. “Go on…”

“Well, in return for not messing around with my pendant, I can tell you about something that might answer a lot of questions that you might have bouncing around in your head.”

The sound of that seemed rather intriguing to the Lord of Chaos as he began to think it over. “I’m liking this so far… now, what exactly is this ‘something’ you wish to share?”

“If you agree to the deal, then I’ll tell you,” the Skyshifter then responded, extending a hand for him to shake.

“Aw man, no sneak peaks? No hints or subtle clues?” the draconequus complained, which only led to Calvin shaking his head. Discord just grumbled in response, looking around for a moment before grabbing hold of Calvin’s hand with his lion paw. “Alright, you got yourself a deal. Now, what’s this little secret of yours?”

Around that point though was when Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came back inside as Sweetie used her magic to close the door. “Alright. Every one of the animals has been fed,” She said, before turning to Calvin. “So, what did we miss?”

“Well…”

“Calvin and I were just talking. I was curious as to how his transformations work and wanted to take a closer look at his pendant. But he told me that he couldn’t,” the spirit of chaos told the three fillies, “But he did say that he could share something else with me instead.”

That just had all three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders look to one another, before looking back at Calvin. “Hey... uh... Calvin? Can we talk to you for a moment?”

“Uh, sure-” he started.

“No, I mean…” that had Sweetie Belle look back to Discord briefly, before looking back at him. “Just us.”

“Oh… uh, ok,” he said, a bit puzzled by why Sweetie Belle and the rest of the crusaders were acting this way. The fillies led him to another room where they were sure that Discord would not listen in on what they were going to be talking about. After the door to the room was closed, he looked back at all three as he had a new question for them. “Is something wrong?”

“Yeah… why would you try to help Discord of all beings?” Scootaloo now asked, getting on top of the bed in the room as she stared down Calvin, almost causing him to fall over.

“Girls, I didn’t want him trying to mess around with my pendant since I promised to keep it safe,” he told Scootaloo, “But I can’t just make him think that I’m a mean jerk.”

“Calvin, if ah may say something,” Apple Bloom now spoke up as the filly looked back at him. “The girls and ah have known for some time that, even if ya try to help him and he has good intentions, things just seem to… uh… what’s the word?”

The Skyshifter himself had one guess, “Backfire?”

“Ya, that,” she nodded, “Even if there is a good reason for something, it’s not always a good idea.”

“Well, it's not like I can really back out of it now,” he said, scratching the back of his head. “I already made a deal with him in order to tell him something that might answer a lot of the questions that he might have in exchange for him not trying to tinker around with my necklace,” he explained further while also getting the pendant out from under his shirt as he looked back at them. “I can’t let anypony mess with this.”

Scootaloo, while still looking at Calvin, could only facehoof herself as she looked back at the other crusaders. “Great… now, what are we gonna do?”

“Um… out of curiosity, what were you going to tell him?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Personally, Calvin was tempted to tell them right then and there. But he still remembered the deal that he made with Discord. “How about you girls be with me when I tell Discord? That way, both of you will know.”

Each of the girls looked at one another for a brief moment, trying to think it over as they were beginning to wonder if such a thing was a good idea. Though, it was by the time that they actually came up with an answer that they realized one thing. Calvin had already left the room, leaving all three of them to frantically rush back over to the living room to catch up with him before he says anything that he might end up regretting.

“Ah, there you girls are,” Calvin then added, “Discord, would you mind if I add one more piece to our deal?”

“Why, of course. I’m feeling rather generous today.”

“Apple Bloom and her friends get to hear what I have to say as well,” he told the spirit of chaos. “They had some… concerns, so I thought it would be better if they were here, too. You know, to make sure nothing bad happens.”

“Alright, I guess that makes sense,” Discord replied back as he folded his arms, “Though, in all seriousness, what exactly do you have to share with me that would make the mighty Cutie Mark Crusaders worried of all things?”

“Why don’t we focus more on what I have to say first before you try answering that one?” he suggested.

“Fair enough, I suppose,” Discord told him, “Though, fair warning, you can only keep me in suspense for so long.”

On that note, Calvin found himself coming back to something that he was still trying to think on before the Cutie Mark Crusaders pulled him aside. How exactly should he tell them about this? Personally, he couldn’t recall how much either Discord or the Cutie Mark Crusaders knew about the Skylanders. But perhaps that could be a good talking point to start at. “Alright. Though, let me ask all of you something first. What do you know about the Skylanders?”

“Well, they are the creatures that you transform into,” Scootaloo now spoke up, remembering the different times where she had seen him use a transformation. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle nodded their heads in agreement as well, all while Discord just rolled his eyes.

“Should we also presume that they come from a place called the Skylands, too, and that they’re a bunch of floating islands in the sky?” the draconequus asked, sounding as if he was unmoved by what he was saying. Yet, it was Calvin’s response back to him that surprised him.

“Yes, actually… how did you know?”

“Wait, hold on. You’re actually serious?” Discord now asked, which only led to Calvin slowly nodding his head. Yet, despite that, and the surprised reaction from all three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the spirit of chaos still remained unconvinced. “Hah! Prove it then! Show me something that oh so clearly is something even I’ve never seen before. I bet you fifty bits that you can’t!”

At first, he looked back at the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were frantically shaking their heads side to side, though all Scootaloo could do was just shrug. The mixed signals from the three fillies weren’t quite helping him, but after a few seconds, he made his choice. “I’ll take that bet. Though, can I take a moment to think on it first?”

“Take whatever time you need… but not too long,” the draconequus insisted, “I may be patient, but my patience has its limits.”

That had Calvin just walk over to a nearby windowsill, trying to think about what he could potentially transform into that would ‘prove’ to Discord that he was being truthful about the Skylands. He already had to rule out a lot of the transformations that he had done before, considering that Discord had already seen a few of them. So for this one, he had to come up with something out of the ordinary that he hadn’t tried before.

Though, there did come one potential idea. In fact, two potential ideas. The first was something undead, considering that it wasn’t quite normal for skeletons to pop out of the ground and say hello. The second was the arkeyans, since only remnants of them were seen in Griffonstone. Drobot was one potential idea, but part of him thought that couldn’t work since Equestria was already quite familiar with Dragons. Another was Funny Bone, yet he personally was not quite sure if he can be as humorous as the actual Skylander.

Though, it was as he was trying to choose between the two of them that a third idea came into his head. How about instead of picking one or the other, he turned into a Skylander that had both traits? Though, there were not many options that could possibly qualify there… except for one. And the more that he thought on it, the more that he was getting excited about trying it out.

“Alright. I think I got one,” he now declared, walking back over to where Discord and the fillies were standing right now. The pendant around his neck began to glow as he said the three words that consisted of the catchphrase needed to turn into the Skylander he had in mind.

Slice and Dice!

After speaking those words, an eerie dread began to fill the room as Discord and the Cutie Mark Crusaders watched. Not long after he said that, a skeletal warrior stood right where Calvin was, wearing cobalt armor on its chest, head, hands and feet while also carrying a sword and shield. For a moment, it stood still. But then the lenses on the helmet began to glow as he turned to the spirit of chaos.

“Well?” he asked, his voice echoing inside the helm. “Is this enough proof for you?”

The voice made the pupils in Discord’s eyes begin to shrink, before looking back at him. Snapping his fingers, he now donned what looked like a lab coat with a magnifying glass, before taking a closer look at him. Analyzing each of the bones and even trying to see if he could fit his hand through some of it. But the real test came when he took out what looked to be a toy hammer and hit Calvin on the bony forearm that he had.

“Hey! What gives!?”

That almost had Discord fall backwards, staring at him in disbelief as he snapped his talon and dismissed the research equipment. “N-no way… If that’s true then…” Immediately, he bolted forward and grabbed the helm of Calvin’s new form. “Where is it?! Where are they?!”

“Uh… What do you-?”

“The Skylands!! Where are they?!” he now demanded, just as Calvin was beginning to turn back to normal now.

Finding that things were definitely not going well, that was when Apple Bloom and the other Crusaders decided to step in. “Discord, are you okay?”

“Am I okay? Am I okay?!” he now snapped, looking back at all four of them as he found himself falling back onto a couch. “Do you know how many CENTURIES it has been since I have found something new in this world that I had not created myself?!”

“Um… I don’t know-” Was the only thing that Sweetie Belle could be able to say, just before Discord cut her off.

“ALL OF THE CENTURIES!!!” the draconequus’ voice boomed throughout the entire cottage, “Everything that many ponies could just see as dreams could possibly become reality! New species that ponykind have not met before, new places to explore, new knowledge to understand!! Hay, there are so many possibilities right now that all of this is really making my head spin. I just GOT to see this all for myself now.”

Calvin was a bit surprised by that as he looked back at the Cutie Mark Crusaders, unsure of what exactly Discord was going to try now. But before they could really say anything, that’s when they watched as he sat in a cross legged meditation position as he sat on the couch. He said ‘ohm’ to himself a few times, which had the three fillies and the Skyshifter look back at him, nervous as to what to ask him.

Of course, after a few moments, that was when Sweetie Belle actually decided to speak up. “Um… Discord? What exactly are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m using scrying magic to see the Skylands for myself,” he then answered, opening his eyes. Though, instead of the yellow eyes and red pupils that they were familiar with, his eyes were now pure white as he looked around the room. “Oh my… Is that… a land of food creatures? With a unicorn that has a churro horn!? Why did I not think of that sooner?!” He turned his head to the left now, before seeing something else that made him shutter. “Oooooh… Ghost possessing machines! Machines controlling the dead?! A skeletal Jazz band, complete with my list of greatest hits?! A dancing undead mariachi city!?”

“He has a list of that?” Calvin then asked, which had all the crusaders just shrug as they kept on listening to him.

Discord now turned his head to the right, followed by another gasp. “My goodness, a gravity distorted prison? Land of the Tikis? A shrine on the back of a mountain dragon? Magical artwork coming to life?!!” Another turn of the head, but this time, his neck circled around and looked like that of a spring. “Floating eyeball fortune teller!? Robots that know archery? A city where Time Distortion is strangely normal, even amongst the townsfolk?! Solar systems that flash to the sound of music? Sand rivers?! Deadly ammunition races that are legal!?! A library where books come to life and pull in the readers!!?!”

“Let’s not tell Twilight about that one,” Apple Bloom muttered, which had everyone else immediately agree with her on the spot.

“Living Statues?! Machines flying with just mechanical wings!? A dragon that flies because of a robot suit?!! Talking trees?!!? Tree Fire Fighters!? ALL THE TREES!?! Giant floating eyeball and a ghost possessed headless armor joining forces!? Mechanical wings to help young ones fly?!!!”

That now got Scootaloo’s ears to perk up as she looked back at her friends. “I want that.”

“Scoots.”

“What? How exactly am I going to be able to learn how to fly using these?!” she now asked, but Calvin was not exactly focusing on that part right now.

Instead, he was paying more attention to the fact that as Discord continued to list off all the oddities of the Skylands, he began floating in place higher and higher, almost as if there was no law of gravity to hold him down. His head was spinning so fast, and his mouth was moving quicker with each passing moment.

“Museum where the world is like living shadows?! Orbitting wishing stars housing ancient wish granters?! Vortex Sheep Tossing is a sport!? A place where musicisactuallyinasolidphysicalform!? AcoupleofvillainsscryingusasIscrythem!?!”

“Wait a second, what was that last part-?”

And as he touched the ceiling, his body began to bounce off the walls like he was a ball in a pinball machine. All before crashing back on the couch as his eyes became nothing more than swirls and his body was left facing towards Calvin and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

“Uh, girls… I think I might’ve broke Discord,” he said, only to get no response as he turned around to try and look at the fillies. “Girls? Girls, are you okay?”

As the Skyshifter turned around, all he saw now was that all three fillies were each left in their own hypnotic trance as they stared at Discord’s eyes, causing him to groan. “Brilliant… how am I going to fix this now?

Fix what?” he heard a familiar voice as the sound of Spitfire echoed in his mind.

Oh, good. Spitfire, I need a bit of help right now,” Calvin replied back mentally as he looked around the room. “Remember Discord?

Wasn’t he the guy we ran over that one time? You know, with all the strange animal parts?

Yeah, him,” he nodded his head, “Well, earlier he tried wanting to get a closer look at my pendant. I told him no and instead told him and a group of fillies known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders about the Skylanders. Next thing I know, he tries a… scrying spell, or something like that, in order to try and see everything in the Skylands, and… well, it looks like he hypnotized himself on accident.

How… does something like that happen on accident?

I don’t know. Now, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are also hypnotized as well after looking at him, and with Twilight and her friends out of town, I can’t ask for her help on this. You got any ideas on what I can do?” the Skyshifter finished, hoping that there was something that he could do in order to fix this mess.

The first answer that he got though from Spitfire didn’t quite give him a lot of confidence. “Have you tried poking his eyes?

Why would I do that!? That’s gross!

S-sorry… I just kind of assumed that it had something to do with eye contact,” the fire Skylander apologized, “Hang on a second. I’m gonna go ask Hugo and see if he knows something that could help fix this,” For a moment, things went quiet as Calvin stood around and waited for a response. “Okay, I got some good news and some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?

The bad,” Calvin mentally replied.

The bad news is that Hugo doesn’t exactly know anything to help with the problem. Though, the good news is that he knows a Skylander that might,” Spitfire’s words filled Calvin with a bit of hope as he waited to reveal who it was. “Hugo thinks Hoot Loop might be your best bet here, so summon him and see if he can help out.

Thanks,” he thought, before realizing something as he added on to what he was saying. “Hey, uh… could you remind me what his catchphrase was? It’s kind of hard to keep track of all of them, considering how many Skylanders there are.

If I remember correctly, it’s ‘Let’s ruffle some feathers’.

Calvin, upon hearing that, thanked Spitfire one more time before grabbing hold of his pendant again, reciting the phrase that the supercharger told him. “Let’s ruffle some feathers!

Mere seconds after saying that, a golden ring began to form around his feet and move upward as his body began to glow once again. Feeling himself change into the owl Skylander of the magic element for just a few brief moments, before changing back to his regular self. Since he could only summon Skylanders that he had already transformed into, summoning Hoot Loop now on his own should not be a problem as he grabbed hold of his necklace again. “Excuse me, Hoot Loop? My name is Calvin. I’m a friend of Spitfire, and I need your help with something.”

Not a moment too soon did the magic Skylander of the Swap Force show up in the living room of the cottage from the same ring that previously was around Calvin mere moments ago. Hoot Loop’s appearance was that of a bipedal owl who wore a dark lavender tunic and gold colored sash around his waist. He also wore a gold colored helmet which pointed towards the ceiling and held his specialty wand in his right claw, which he kept on hand to use his teleportation abilities. All the while, he continued to float in the air, a hovering enchanted ring beneath his feet. “Ho ho!! I’ve been waiting for the chance to just stretch my wings!!” the owl proclaimed, before looking back towards Calvin now. “Why, hello there. You said you needed help with something?”

“Uh, yeah,” Calvin told him, before pointing towards Discord and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “My friend Discord kind of hypnotized himself on accident, and in doing so, hypnotized my three friends over there. Is there a way we can fix this-?”

Before he could explain more, he felt a talon being put to his mouth as Hoot Loop shushed him. “Now, now… Haven’t you noticed it’s a bit too quiet in here? Let’s fix that,” Shortly afterwards, with a flick of his wand, magic hit all four of them. Forcing them to stand upright, and for some odd reason, Hoot Loop had his arms up like he was the composer for an orchestra. “And a one… and a two… and a one, two, three!”

Just mere moments after laying down on the floor, Discord and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were now all singing and dancing around the living room of the cottage like it was a musical number. What made things worse was that with Discord’s magic, anything that was not nailed down to the floor was beginning to float and bounce in the air to the beat of the song that they were singing. Which, in Calvin’s mind, was the exact opposite of what he had originally summoned Hoot Loop for in the first place.

“Hoot Loop! This wasn’t what I meant!!” he spoke up. But even Hoot Loop himself wasn’t listening. In fact, when the song finished, he had them do an encore. This time though, he included all of Fluttershy’s animals in on the performance.

“Yes! Yes!! Marvelous!! Let’s put on a show!!” Hoot Loop cheered, before realizing that the draconequus now sported a red suit of a circus ringleader with a top hat and cane to match. All with the snap of a talon. “Um… kiddo… not to sound rude, but what was that just now?”

All Calvin could do was sigh as he looked back at Hoot Loop. “The reason why you shouldn’t have done that.”

Seconds afterwards, they heard another snap as the living room transformed more into the setup for a circus, complete with Angel doing a trapeze act, Henry on a tightrope and the Cutie Mark Crusaders acting as stage performers that got shot out of a cannon. At this point, even though Hoot Loop tried to regain control of the performance, Discord had turned the single song routine into a complete full on musical while also including a chorus to match. And it did not help any that part of the chorus said ‘I make no apologies’.

Of course, what made things even more crazy was that during the song, Discord used his magic to turn all three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders into humans. Apple Bloom was dressed in a yellow t-shirt and overalls with her bow on the back of her head, Sweetie Belle was wearing a light colored shirt alongside a short skirt that looked to match her mane and Scootaloo was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, each one of them having a patch of their cutie mark sewn onto their clothes.

Now, why did Discord do this though? Well, apparently, the draconequus noticed that Calvin himself wasn’t participating and thought that it was because ‘he must be lonely being the only human around’. And as the three of them tried to pull Calvin into the act, that was when he turned to Hoot Loop. “Hoot Loop!! Break the trance on the girls!!”

“What? Why do you want them flying the coop?”

“Because the Cutie Mark Crusaders know how to deal with Discord more than I do,” he told them, struggling to not get pulled in. “If you free them, then they can help us get out of this mess!”

Hoot Loop didn’t even try to come up with a retort after hearing that. With a more focused turn of his wrist, he fired a different bolt of magic towards the three girls once Calvin broke free of their grip on him. In a matter of seconds, the swirls from their eyes began to fade as they looked like they had just woken up from a dream. “Ugh… w-what happened?” Apple Bloom asked, yawning before opening her eyes.

“Why does my head feel tingly?” Sweetie Belle was the next to speak as one of her newfound hands touched the top of her head. “W-where’s my horn!?”

“And where the hay are my wings!?” Scootaloo then followed up.

“Girls, calm down,” Calvin spoke up, catching their attention. “I need your help. Discord and his chaos are going haywire right now. It’s the reason why he turned you into… well… humans.”

“Wait…” Sweetie Belle now asked. “So, you’re saying… we’re like you now?”

“Yeah. I bet if we can knock some sense into Discord, then he can fix you girls up.”

All three of the girls looked at one another for a moment, before each of them were nodding their heads in agreement at that idea. But that wasn’t until Apple Bloom asked something. “Um… if ah may ask, where is he?”

That question alone hit Calvin with an immediate realization. Discord was no longer inside the cottage. Sure, everything looked like it was back to normal, but there were no signs of him or any of Fluttershy’s animals anywhere. Of course, it wasn’t until they heard what sounded like music coming from outside that they noticed Hoot Loop pointing at something.

“If you want to snap him out of it, you might want to hurry before he hits town-” Just as he said that, they heard the sound of a couple of ponies screaming as they all looked outside to find that the ponyville fountain was now spraying cola everywhere. “Oh, feathers, I didn’t think he could do that.”

“We gotta hurry! Come on-!” Calvin got out, before turning back to the door and realizing another dilemma this time. Since the Cutie Mark Crusaders were now humans, they did not know how to walk on two legs properly since they were used to being on all fours. Of course, that was also when he turned his head to see Angel trying to get his attention as Henry looked to be pulling out a wagon from a toolshed. “Angel, you are the best pet anypony can have. Hands down!”

“W-what’s the plan, Calvin?” Sweetie Belle asked, just as Henry now approached the door where they were laying down at, the bear looking back at the skyshifter now and waiting for him to say something.

“Help them into the wagon,” he instructed the bear, before grabbing hold of his pendant. “I’m going to get us over there as fast as we can. Hopefully, we can stop Discord before this gets too out of control.” As the bear placed all three of the girls into the wagon, Calvin looked back at them and told them one last thing.

“Alright, make sure to hold onto something,” he said, just as a golden colored light began to glow from his crystal. “Attract to attack!!” Seconds after saying that, the Skyshifter began to take on another new form, this time of the Tech Swap Force Skylander named Magna Charge. A red colored ultron robot that had a single green eye and a head shaped like a magnet, who had a magnet crafted cannon on his left arm and was able to move around because of the green magneto ball that replaced his legs. In Calvin’s mind, he chose to transform into the Tech Skylander for one reason. Magna was a swap force member whose ‘swap power’ was focused on speed. Therefore, it would allow for him and the girls to be able to try and reach Ponyville before Discord could cause any major chaos.

Of course, when they arrived, several things were off right away. For one thing, cola was springing forth from the fountain that was in the center of town, and there were slices of cake that had angel wings attached to some while horns and a demon tail attached to other slices. Discord himself looked like he was just about to start eating a piece, until Calvin and the others arrived as he changed back. “Discord, what do you think you’re doing?!!”

Yet, nothing happened. It was like Discord was not listening to what they said at all. Which, was even more the case when the Cutie Mark Crusaders tried.

“Discord, yer not thinking straight! Please snap out of it!!” Apple Bloom now spoke up from inside the wagon.

“Yeah, what would Fluttershy think?”

“Girls, I don’t think that’s going to work,” Calvin shook his head, “If he can’t listen to us, then he can’t answer us either.”

“Then, what are we going to do now? We can’t just let him keep doing this!” Scootaloo protested.

“Maybe we can find a way to get his attention?” Sweetie Belle then suggested, before looking back to where Hoot Loop was. “Hey, uh… do think you can-”

“Sweetie, part of the reason why the town is in a mess is because of Hoot Loop right now,” Calvin quickly retorted. “I originally summoned him here in order to help me with breaking Discord’s hypnosis, but all he did was have him and the three of you do a circus act-”

“He had us do what!?!!” was the reaction from all three fillies as Hoot Loop felt like he was being put into a corner.

“Well, looks like I back my feathers up into a corner here,” the Swap Force Skylander nervously spoke, before thinking of an idea. “Oh! I got an idea-”

“Should we even hear it considering what you have done already?” Calvin then asked.

“It’s not like any of those, I swear!” Hoot Loop insisted, “Just let me lead that fellow of yours out of town, so he’s away from civilians. I’ll distract him and buy you four some time to think of something.” With that, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Calvin immediately tried to find a place to lay low while the owl attempted to distract the draconequus.

“Okay, what exactly can we do to stop him? There’s gotta be some way right?” Calvin asked the girls, knowing that they have some knowledge of how to handle the Spirit of Chaos based on what they told him before.

“Yeah, but we don’t have Twilight, the girls or probably even the princesses,” Sweetie Belle added, “Heck, Spike and Starlight are in the Crystal Empire, too.”

“So, what? We could just ask some of the other ponies around town-” Just as Scootaloo said that, they noticed that many of the ponies that were once outside were taking up shelter inside their homes and in buildings, leaving the four of them just by themselves out in the middle of town square. “… or not.”

“We should at least try to find someplace to hide while we-” As Apple Bloom was talking, that’s when all four of them noticed something. A bunch of cherries were landing on the ground. At first, they thought that the cherries were just something that was scattered by the mad dash of ponies trying to flee from the Ponyville market. However, Calvin noticed something off. He could hear a hissing sound come from them as well as see the stems slowly disappearing.

Then, it clicked. “Oh no… We need to go!”

“But they’re just cherries-” Instantly, the sound of small explosions went off as the cherries that were on the ground began to explode one by one. The sudden realization of this had Calvin turn back into Magna Charge again to pull the girls out of there before any of the cherries could get too close.

Not a few seconds later though did they see Hoot Loop appearing on a rooftop. “Alright uh… small problem. Your friend’s magic has led to the creation of exploding cherry bombs.”

“Yeah, I think we noticed that-” the skyshifter retorted, turning around as he looked back at Hoot Loop, as well as something else that the owl was not paying attention to. “Hoot Loop, behind you!!”

“Wha-?” Instantly, Hoot Loop found himself trapped inside a giant bird cage, one that floated next to Discord as the Spirit of Chaos noticed all four of them. Hoot Loop, in a desperate attempt, tried to teleport out and escape, but all that did was lead to him hitting his head against the bars of the cage. “Okay, I really don’t like it when my feathers have been plucked like this. Run!!”

Calvin didn’t need to be told twice. Immediately, he took off, trying to get out of the draconequus’ sight as Discord snapped his talons again to make more cherry bombs rain down. “Girls, we need to find somewhere to hide! Where’s the closest place we can go-?!”

“Sugarcube Corner! Over there!!” Apple Bloom immediately pointed out to him as the Skyshifter saw the bakery. For a moment, Calvin thought that it was all closed up in the mad dash of ponies that were seeking a place to hide. Yet, he found himself being surprised when he looked ahead to see Mr. Cake holding the door open and using a hoof to tell them to hurry and get inside.

Yet, just as they were about to go in, a cherry bomb landed by the back end of the cart and went off, throwing the cart and everypony inside forward onto the floor as Mr. Cake closed the door before putting a table behind it to bolt it shut. “I-is everypony okay?”

“Y-yeah, I think so,” Calvin let out a sigh, changing back to normal now as he first looked towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders. All three of them were flown out of the cart because of the cherry bomb just now and were stuck in a pile on the floor. “Girls, are you-?”

“C-calvin?” Immediately, the voice that came from behind him had Calvin turn around. Finding himself staring at not just Silver Spoon, but also Diamond Tiara and one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders friends that he met on Nightmare Night.

“Silver? Diamond? Rumble? What are you guys doing here?”

“We ran to the closest place that we could find once we saw Discord doing… that,” Diamond Tiara asked, gesturing to what was happening outside before looking to the three girls that were behind him. “Wait… are those three behind you who I think they are?”

“Hello to you, too, Diamond,” Scootaloo now groaned.

“How did-?” Before Silver could even think of finishing, she shook her head, before looking back at Calvin. “Would it be safe to assume that what Discord’s doing is why they’re… almost like you?”

“That’s one way to put it,” he nodded as he brushed some dust off of his clothes, “Yet, it’s not like he intended for any of this.”

That had the three kids, including Rumble, exchange glances for a second before the colt asked a new question. “Okay, what exactly makes you say that? Because given everything going on right now, I’m not sure if I should believe that.”

“He tried some kind of spell earlier to see where the Skylanders that Calvin can turn into come from. However, all that did was cause himself to be in some kind of trance,” Apple Bloom told them, trying to use a chair to support herself as she and her friends tried to figure out how to stand up in their newfound forms.

“To make matters worse, I tried summoning one that could’ve helped break it earlier. However, all they did was end up making it worse, and now, they are stuck in the birdcage Discord’s holding.”

Again, there was another exchange of glances from everypony in the room after Calvin said that, before they looked out the window to see Hoot Loop still stuck in the cage, despite multiple attempts to get out. All the proof they needed to see before a new question came up, this time from Mr. Cake as Calvin could now see his wife trotting down the stairs. “Alright, but what exactly are we going to do now? Do you have some kind of plan?”

“We were trying to think of one, before we had cherry bombs thrown at us,” was the only thing Calvin could say as he let out a sigh. He watched as the Cutie Mark Crusaders were now trying to come up with ‘ideas’ on what could work with Diamond and the others. Which, personally seemed like a better time than any to try and talk to Spitfire. “Spitfire, if you are listening, I can REALLY use your help right now.

Calvin? What’s the matter?” he heard the sound of the Supercharger speak again. This time though, he sounded a little bit more concerned, unlike earlier.

Well, the situation’s gone from bad to worse. Hoot Loop might not have been the best Skylander to have helped me with this.

At first, all he heard was silence. But when he heard Spitfire speak again, the Supercharger sounded a lot more serious. “What did he do?

He tried having fun with Discord and the Cutie Mark Crusaders by having them do a song and dance routine while they were hypnotized. However, Discord has now turned the entire thing into a circus act. Even though Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are no longer hypnotized, Discord still is. And to make matters worse, it’s gotten to the point where his chaos magic has led to the Ponyville fountain spewing soda, flying slices of cake, explosive cherries, and Hoot Loop is stuck in a bird cage. That and he turned the Cutie Mark Crusaders into humans.

Once more, there was silence. But now, Spitfire was letting out a sigh. “Okay, that is really bad. Hang tight. I’m going to get Master Eon before things get even worse.” As Calvin heard that, he directed his attention back to everypony else in the room. Each one of them seemed to be at least trying to think of something that could work, but were soon met by frustration shortly afterwards.

Of course, around then was also when Scootaloo turned towards him and decided to ask something. “So… do you have any kind of plan as to how to stop Discord? Because we’re not getting anywhere.”

“I’m trying to think of something,” he told her in response, “I’m talking to another Skylander that I know right now, and they’re trying to get ahold of Master Eon.”

“Who?”

“Master Eon,” Calvin repeated, before thinking of the best way to summarize it. “He’s like a wise mentor to the Skylanders, like how Celestia was to Twilight. If anyone could help us figure out a solution, then it might be him.”

All that did was just have the cerise haired girl tilt her head, confused by what he was saying. “So, let me get this straight. We’re out of options at the moment, and our only hope right now is some wise old guy?”

Unknowingly though, the person that she was talking about was not entirely amused by Scootaloo’s choice of words in that moment. “I am not old. I prefer the term ‘experienced’, if I do say so myself,” the voice of Eon echoed shortly afterwards. Hearing the Portal Master speak to him was not entirely that surprising to him. However, what was surprising was that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all seemed startled, almost as if they heard Eon as well.

“W-what was that?” Apple Bloom then asked.

“What was what?” they heard Rumble ask, “I didn’t hear anything.”

Man, am I glad to hear your voice, Master Eon,” Calvin replied back mentally, “I’m guessing you have a rough idea of what’s going on?

To put it mildly, yes… and I’m going to have to have a word with Hoot Loop once we’ve cleaned up this mess,” the Portal Master spoke again, clearing his throat for a moment, “Though, there was one thing that Spitfire told me that caught my attention the most. He mentioned that this… Discord used Chaos Magic, correct?

Yeah, that’s right,” he replied, “Why? Do you know about it somehow?

“Okay, just how are you exactly talking to this guy, Calvin?” Scootaloo impatiently asked, “We’re not hearing you say anything, but it sounds like this guy understands you.”

We’re communicating mentally, young one,” the Portal Master spoke up. “How about you think your words instead of saying them? It would be easier that way.

Apple Bloom was the first to try as she looked at Calvin. “Alright… Am ah doing it right?

Indeed you are. Now, the reason why I asked about Chaos Magic is because of two things. One, it is technically the same form of magic that Kaos would have at his disposal… and two, it was originally born from Mind Magic. The same magic that allows you to change into an Imaginator.

So, wait… are you saying that if I use my Imaginator form… I might have some kind of chance at beating him.

It is possible. Though, based on what Spitfire has said, Discord’s magic is much different from that of Kaos’. If anything, his magic is a sub-variant compared to what you are up against.

Um… Mister Eon, sir?” Sweetie Belle was the next one to speak as Calvin looked towards him. “H-how can we help him? Calvin’s our friend. I don’t think the girls and I would want to let him just go in without some way to help.

Hmm… I can think of one possibility. Though, I’m not sure if it would be seen as safe for the rest of you,” he told them, “Skylanders are known to have themselves get launched out of cannons to either travel quickly or get the drop on an enemy. I suggest trying that first.” Before Calvin or any of the girls could respond, that was when he looked around the room for a moment, thinking on what he said before looking to one of the adults in the room.

“Mr. Cake, do you mind if the girls and I head up to Pinkie Pie’s room for a moment? I think there’s something in there we might need.”


“Okay, I know that we don’t have a lot of options here, but are you insane!?”

“You heard what he said, girls. I just see this as listening to Master Eon.”

“You’re talking about firing yourself out of Pinkie Pie’s party cannon just to get the drop on Discord of all creatures,” Scootaloo retorted. “On a scale of one to ten of how crazy this idea is, I say that this plan of yours is a twenty.”

“Do we really have any other ideas?” Calvin’s question led to silence from all three of the Cutie Mark Crusaders as Calvin aimed the cannon out of the window in Pinkie Pie’s bedroom. “There we go. I’m gonna get inside. I need you girls to aim the cannon and fire when I tell you to.”

All three of the girls exchanged worried glances with one another as Calvin took on the form on his Imaginator and climbed into the cannon. Of course, there really wasn’t any time in order to argue or make Calvin change his mind as both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle focused on positioning the cannon while Apple Bloom was in the back.

“Alright, ready on three,” they heard him speak. “One… Two… THREE!”

Immediately when Calvin said three, Apple Bloom pulled the rope at the back of the cannon, firing him into the air as he flew towards the Spirit of Chaos in the center of town. The Skyshifter himself, while in flight, had to avoid the numerous pieces of cake that Discord had floated in the air, so they would not affect his trajectory. As he got closer, Calvin prepared to channel his strength into a technique that he had been practicing with King Pen, focusing his power into one curled up fist as he got closer to the draconequus.

It wasn’t until he was within mere inches of Discord’s face that the draconequus had some kind of clue as to what was going on. “Hey, is it a little warm in here, or-?”

WHAM!!!

The moment that Calvin’s fist connected with Discord’s face, it sent the draconequus flying. Some of his teeth had come loose upon impact, and the Spirit of Chaos landed in the middle of the lake outside of Ponyville. A few seconds passed, and the cakes that were flying began to turn into puffs of pink smoke along with the cage that Hoot Loop was locked in as Calvin landed on the ground.

LEVEL UP!!

“Well… it’s been a while since I last heard that,” he chuckled, before changing back to his regular form as he looked back at Hoot Loop. “You alright?”

“Y-yeah. Aside from my own feathers being ruffled, I’m alright.”

“Good-.”

LEVEL UP!! LEVEL UP!!

Calvin twitched for a moment upon hearing that again. He didn’t think that just delivering a blow like that would lead to him having his Imaginator level up more than once, but that was something that he could worry about later. “You should probably head back to the academy. Master Eon would probably like to have a word about you regarding this.”

Without even a second thought did Hoot Loop leave, just as he turned around to see the girls again. However, they were still stuck in their human forms. “Calvin! You’re alright!!”

“You took him down in one hit! That was cool!!”

“That was awesome!! Well, not as awesome as Rainbow Dash, but still awesome!!”

Calvin chuckled at that last part, letting out a sigh. “Thanks, girls… Now, let’s get Discord back to the castle. Something tells me that we have some explaining to do once Twilight gets back.”

“Wait, explaining? Why?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Well, for one thing, you know of the Skylands now… and secondly, you haven’t exactly changed back,” he pointed out to them. “There’s no way that you can just simply ignore everything after what just happened.”

“He’s got a point,” Apple Bloom shrugged.

“So, let’s get Discord, drag him back to the castle and just remain there for now.” Calvin replied back to the girls. “Besides, I can already picture what Twilight’s going to say when she sees you like this.”


“WHAT THE HAY HAPPENED TO YOU!?!!”

“Called it.”


End Scroll 18

PreviousChapters Next