• Published 24th May 2015
  • 3,868 Views, 156 Comments

The lone spark - Fictional Fanatic



There is a reason why certain things are not allowed. Reasons why our parents tell us not to do things we see no harm in. They are the elders who know from experience. And now, so do I. Always listen to your parents, don't wander off and buy props.

  • ...
20
 156
 3,868

Survival of the fittest.

I blinked. I blinked again. Yet, no matter how many times I blinked the scene before me didn't change. I was suddenly standing in a forest I didn't recognize, made up of trees I had never seen in any kind of book. And it was silent, so very silent.

I looked around, still in shock from suddenly finding myself someplace else. I would most likely have stood there for quite a while longer if it wasn't for the fact that I suddenly remembered what the last thing I heard was.

"Caesar!!!"

Just like that, I was free from my shock. Unfortunately, it was also what made me realize what this meant. I was alone. Tears were a natural reaction, crying and loudly proclaiming my sadness would have been appropriate at this stage. However, I was usually a very collected individual and knew I would in no way benefit from proclaiming where to find me. I was after all in an unknown forest, most likely full of a big variety of creatures, redoubtably a few of them carnivorous and aggressive. That was a good enough reason for me to forcefully shut up, something I found rather easy as I always kept silent anyway.

I was still shedding tears and I was still completely overwhelmed with emotions. I think it was all a completely normal reaction from a child of nine years of age, even one who is far more mature than others in his age group. So I cried to myself in silence, an eventual sniff here and there, but mostly I was completely quiet. I don't know for how long I actually cried, but once I was done I noticed it was far darker than it had been when I found myself in the forest. It had somehow become nighttime as I was crying, without me noticing.

Still feeling sorry for myself I looked around. If it was night I would have to find a place to sleep. I began moving around, carefully as to not make too much noise and attract any animal out for a snack. The energy spent on me crying and the hunger that I had now noticed didn't help me in the least to try and find a place to sleep. However, I did eventually find a place. It was a hollowed-out tree. The hollow inside the tree starting a bit up from the ground, ideal as to keep me from the cold ground and the cold morning dew that would undoubtedly come.

As I got myself ready to sleep, ignoring the pain in my stomach. Eventually, I was able to find rest, by crying myself to sleep. Hugging my tail close to me as some kind of warning bell rang in my head. I ignored it telling myself I'd deal with it in the morning.


I awoke by the pain in my stomach returning and forcing me out of the dream world. Groaning silently to myself I got up. The sun had yet to rise and I would have loved to sleep a few more hours, but the pain was too much and I was now wide awake. So I decided that I rather satisfy my stomach before I try and sleep again. As I got up and got out of my little tree I suddenly smelled something sweet. Sniffing the air and looking around I soon managed to find the source. I found a bush full of sweet-smelling berries.

Carefully evaluating the berries, I found no recollection of seeing anything in books or pictures that would describe them. Simply, they were red berries. Carefully I first sniffed them and carefully analyzed the smell, Unable to determine if there was anything that would be a sign of alarm I went on with my analysis. I carefully put the berry to my lips, afterward I waited for for a while. As I wasn't feeling bad or anything I now tried licking the berry. Once again I waited. After not having any negative effects or urges to puke, I deemed it was alright for one final test. I took a careful bite of the berry and tasted it properly in my mouth without swallowing. And once again waited. After a long time, I decided it was safe to swallow, the berries seemed to be alright to eat. I had devoured all berries present in an instant. The sweet berries only filled me up partially, but it was good enough to keep me going.

Leaving the now empty bush behind I continued my search for food, while at the same time making sure I knew where I was in relation to my tree. That's when I noticed something strange, the world around me seemed to be far clearer than before, colors more vibrant and textures more... cartoonish? I was confused, it all seemed to be so surreal, it was all different.

As I was still searching for food I came to realize I had yet to run into any animals, something that seemed impossible for a forest. As well as keeping my eyes open for food, I now kept them open for any wildlife or any signs that there was any around. I soon found a clue.

Walking around I finally stumbled upon a sign of civilization, I found a trail. It was overgrown and old, but it had still been used earlier, if the hoof marks were anything to go by that is.

I might not have any experience tracking, but by improvising I concluded that the dried mud was at least a day old, meaning someone passed here as late as yesterday on a horse or a donkey. This meant that there could be civilization at least a day ride by horse or donkey from here. But as I looked closer I noticed that the hoof print was somewhat odd. For one, It didn't look like the ones I had seen in pictures, another difference was possibly one of my bigger mistakes, I realized these hoof prints didn't have any horseshoes, signifying it most likely belonged to a wild horse. Something that would mean I might waste a whole day and come up with nothing but a wild horse.

Before I could complain about my luck I was once again reminded of my hunger by my stomach. Something I knew quite well I had to fix.

Returning to my scavenging hunt for food. I tried not to think about my family as it would only distract me and make me all emotional, but the thoughts just kept on returning and I eventually broke down again, crying my heart out while trying to keep myself quiet by reminding myself that there could be predators nearby.

I stopped as I heard a low growl. At first, I thought it might have been my own stomach once again complaining, but a second growl made me rethink my assessment. The sound wasn't coming from me, but from behind me. Slowly turning around I looked behind me. I was met completely green eyes. I was being snuck upon by a wolf made out of wood. And it now knew it had been discovered.

As soon as it knew it had been seen the wolf pounced towards me. In complete and utter panic I threw my hands up towards it and prepared for my inevitable death. It didn't come.

As I raised my arms I felt a weird feeling my cheeks and a combination of words came to mind: Thunder wave.

"Thunder Wave!" I shouted out loud. And as I did the feeling in my cheeks disappeared and electricity filled the air around me and the wooden mutt. I was scared, and so was the wooden wolf by the looks of it. It had frozen stiff and seemed to be shaking slightly. Not looking back I ran for it as the wolf wasn't moving.


Coming to a stop I made sure the wolf hadn't followed me, to my relief it hadn't. To my biggest horror, I realized I no longer knew where I was. I had run around and dodged trees left and right with a sudden agility I didn't posses earlier. That was also the moment it hit me, I had just used thunder wave, a paralyzing move, used by Pokémon!

The sudden realization hit me as I remembered the fact that I had a tail. I had discovered it earlier back in the hollow tree, but completely forgotten as I had simply been too tired to care. Quickly looking myself over, I noticed my change in physique, checking my cheeks, I felt a difference in them that made circles. I guessed it would be the famous Pikachu cheeks now. And then it came to my head, I slowly started by checking if I had Pikachu ears, I had. At this point, I freaked out. This simply couldn't be happening.

But it was, I had already confirmed it to myself by sleeping in this world. The only other explanation I could find would be the berries I ate, in case they contained something that cause hallucinations, something I doubted as I was felt completely normal and wasn't constantly seeing things out of the ordinary since eating the berries. No, this was all somehow real and I had somehow turned into a human/Pikachu hybrid. And... I was okay with it. I now had powers, I was cute and I was now more likely to come out of this alive.

Besides, Pikachu was always my favorite Pokémon.

With the sudden revelation, it was now impossible to disregard my tail and ears. They kept moving, be it on their own or on my command. It took some getting used to, but now that I was constantly aware of them I realized how much of a change I had gone through. As my Pikachu ears had become real, my human ears had simply vanished, it was weird touching the side of the head finding nothing at all. My senses had all improved, making it easier for me to see my surroundings, to feel them was also something I had to get used to as my tail apparently worked somewhat like a radar or something. It allowed me to sense my surroundings.

With my improved senses and new bodily control, I decided it would best to retreat back to an area I knew, meaning I would have to go back to where I had come from, to where the wooden wolf had been. But the whole thing became far less scary as I remembered I now had Pokémon moves to rely on. I was almost looking forward to another confrontation with the wolf, only so I could try my new moves out.

I also came to think of something else, not all moves that Pokémon used were attacks, this meant they could be used for other things as well! Wanting to try my small idea out I thought: "Agility!" With a sudden boost in speed, I was now traveling at a much faster pace than earlier as every step felt lighter and every push with my feet gave off far more power than it used to. I was now practically flying through the forest if compared to before. And as I enjoyed my new speed limit I didn't realize I had already passed the clearing where I had met the wolf, I just kept on running as the adrenaline continued.


Zecora was worried. Just yesterday an unnatural lightning strike had been spotted deeper within the Everfree, not that it was unusual for the weather in the forest to sometimes create lightning storms on its own, but because the lightning was the only one, the sky had been spotless and there wasn't a single cloud that could have produced such a bolt. And yet, it had happened.

But this was currently not what was bothering her, what was bothering her was the fact that the berries Zecora was going to pick today had all been eaten. Of course, berries were always eaten by wild animals, they had to eat after all. But not these berries, these berries were special as they were the main ingredient to Zecora's monster reeking brew. These berries were something that most creatures in the Everfree found disgusting and would never eat any of them. And yet there they were, all eaten. Not a single berry remaining. To think there would suddenly be a creature in the Everfree, able to eat something every other creature loathed. It was not a comforting thought as she would now have to watch out for another creature in these woods. And this one, she couldn't repel with her monster reeking brew.

Hopefully, she wouldn't run into it anytime soon.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Harmony Kingdom for proof-reading.