• Published 18th May 2015
  • 2,483 Views, 42 Comments

Dresses for a Princess - twilightsparkle3562



Rarity attempts to remake all of Twilight's old dresses after they are destroyed in the Golden Oak Library.

  • ...
5
 42
 2,483

Apologizing for his Actions

Chapter 5

"Apologizing for his Actions"

Following his outburst at Discord, Shining Armor left the Crystal Empire at Princess Cadence's insistence and returned to his little sister's castle to apologize for his behavior. Even though it was justified, Shining Armor had left Twilight feeling scared and hurt when he brought up some of the items that she lost in the library. Approaching the castle, Shining Armor calmly walked into the lobby and searched for his sister.

"Twiley?" he called, trying to get her attention. "Twiley, are you here?"

Shining Armor soon found himself heading towards the castle's library, where he believed where his sister was. He learned that where there was books, there was Twilight. Opening the doors, he saw Twilight looking at one of her books that Celestia had sent her while Spike sat next to her.

"Hi, Twiley," said Shining Armor, approaching Twilight and breaking her concentration. "I expected for you to be in here."

"Hi, BBBFF," replied Twilight, closing the book. "I didn't expect you to be here. Something I can do for you?"

Shining Armor then looked over at Spike and gave him a motion with his head to get him out of the library. Knowing that he needed to check on Rarity, Fluttershy and Discord, Spike left the library and darted off to the Boutique.

"Might as well go check on how Twilight's dresses are coming along," thought the baby dragon.

Once Shining Armor and Twilight were alone, the prince of the Crystal Empire looked at his little sister and took in a heavy sigh, knowing he had to say what he needed to say. The last time he had been in this situation was after the Changeling Invasion, so Shining Armor was no stranger.

"Look, Twiley," he began. "I just wanted to…"

"I know what you are going to say, Shining Armor," interrupted Twilight. "But you had every reason to yell at Discord. He put Equestria in danger."

"Yes, I did have every reason," said Shining Armor, feeling slightly uncomfortable. "But, there is something else that I did that I may have upset you."

Twilight was puzzled for a second, but then she realized of what her brother was going to say to her.

"I may have said something that might have upset you," continued Shining Armor, scratching the back of his head. "I mentioned of the dress you wore as my Best Mare and I know it upset you when I mentioned it to Discord. But, you have to hear me why I said that…"

Shining Armor struggled to speak and find his words, but Twilight understood.

"He needed to know that, Shining Armor," she said. "I lost everything that was important to me in the library and he needed to know the consequences of his actions. Hey, even I would have done the same thing."

This made Shining Armor think back to when he apologized to Twilight for what she did at his wedding rehearsal. Now, it seemed like it was déjà vu all over again.

"It's just that," said Twilight, who was now struggling to find her words. "I wish that I could get some of those sentimental items back. If I could use a time travel spell and save all that I treasured, then it would make me feel better."

Shining Armor let out a heavy sigh and placed a hoof around his little sister's neck as a small tear trickled down her face.

"Sometimes we just can't do spells that we want," he said, remorsefully. "All that matters is that it's not about the things you own, it's about the memories you had with them."

Twilight leaned over after hearing those words and hugged her brother tightly, feeling remorseful over the fact that she couldn't turn back time and save all that she treasured.

Meanwhile, Spike dashed over to the Boutique where Rarity, Fluttershy and Discord, much to Rarity's increasing annoyance, were continuing to work hard restoring Twilight's dresses. By this point, Twilight's birthday and gala dresses were remade to their original glory, although work was still being done on her Starswirl costume and unbeknownst to anypony, Discord had started work on remaking Twilight's best mare dress, the outfit that prompted him to take part in this mission.

"Sweet Celestia!" gasped Spike, upon walking into the workroom. "What happened in here?"

Spike saw what appeared to be Twilight's best mare dress which looked nothing like it was supposed to be.

"So you have noticed, Spike?" remarked Rarity, her anger pointing towards Discord. "Our chaotic friend proves that he is not a fashionista?"

"Why me?" gasped Discord, feeling slightly insulted. "I thought Twilight wouldn't mind if I put my own spin on it. Everybody's a critic."

In a fit of disgust, Discord snapped his fingers and transformed into Hoity Toity, the bigwig fashion critic in Canterlot who had initially berated Rarity for the infamous fashion show she had done for all of Ponyville to see.

"Twilight's best mare dress has to be just like the way it was before it was destroyed," snapped Rarity. "Why can't you get anything right?"

Then, Rarity made her mistake of poor words.

"WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE RELEASED YOU FROM YOUR STONE PRISON!" she shouted at the top of her lungs, causing the whole room to fall into a stunned silence. Discord turned back into his normal self and just stood there with a shocked expression on his face.

"Well played, Rarity," he said, his eyes filled with tears and his voice filled with hurt. "Well played."

And Discord snapped his fingers, disappearing in a flash of light. Fluttershy could not believe what Rarity had just done and gave her friend one of her stares. This was a shock to Spike, who wasn't expecting to come back and witness what he had seen.

"Did I just miss something here?" he remarked as Fluttershy left the boutique and went off in search of Discord.

All Rarity could do was let out a huff and set about the task of getting Twilight's best mare dress done…the way she wanted to do it.

Meanwhile, Discord had retreated to Fluttershy's cottage, feeling hurt over what had just happened. He felt like he had failed to redeem himself in Shining Armor's eyes and was going to feel like a threat to him. But, Fluttershy was determined to let Discord know that he was no longer a threat to anypony…