• Published 18th May 2015
  • 2,483 Views, 42 Comments

Dresses for a Princess - twilightsparkle3562



Rarity attempts to remake all of Twilight's old dresses after they are destroyed in the Golden Oak Library.

  • ...
5
 42
 2,483

Chaotic Depression

Chapter 6

“Chaotic Depression”

Discord had felt like the most hurt creature in Equestria as he soon found himself in his thinking tree, now back in the outskirts of Fluttershy’s cottage and reflecting whether he had gone too far in trying to get back on Shining Armor’s side by helping his little sister. Now it seemed as if nothing could be done to amend his ways.

“Discord?” called Fluttershy as she flew faster and faster in search of her friend. “Where are you?”

The yellow Pegasus flew faster and faster towards the tree and when Discord saw that Fluttershy was coming, he rudely turned his head away from Fluttershy’s view and sighed loudly in a huff.

“Discord, I’m sorry about Rarity,” she said, landing on the branch. “She’s usually so protective when it comes to her fashions. I know you were trying to help.”

“Help? Help!?” cried Discord, his back still turned on Fluttershy. “Nopony cares that whatever I do is for helpful purposes. I want to redeem myself, Fluttershy, but I just don’t know how.”

“Well, perhaps if you could face me,” suggested Fluttershy. “Perhaps I can help you find a way that you can start to better yourself.”

Discord turned and faced his friend with his eyes still watered and red. Snapping his fingers, he caused the tree to disappear and then followed Fluttershy back to her cottage. Back in the cottage, Discord was given a glass of water and a box of tissues to dry his eyes.

“I don’t understand, Fluttershy,” said Discord. “I was only trying to be helpful to Rarity, not to cause her any trouble. I’m a creature of chaos and sometimes I just can’t control myself. You know how it is.”

“I know how it is, Discord,” replied Fluttershy. “These dresses we are making for Twilight are just more than dresses, they represent a major accomplishment in her life ever since she moved to Ponyville. They needed to be just the way that they were before Tirek destroyed them.”

“Which was caused by me,” moaned Discord, turning his head away. “If I hadn’t been tricked by Tirek, then none of this would have happened. Everything is my fault, Fluttershy, don’t you see? If I could go back and change the past, I would do so! Celestia was even thinking of turning me back to stone because of what I did.”

Fluttershy could see that Discord was having another one of his meltdowns and Discord literally demonstrated by melting onto Fluttershy’s floor. However, Discord quickly pulled himself together, literally, so as to not cause any more upsettings between him and Fluttershy.

“Well, I’m glad she didn’t and that you two are friends now,” said Fluttershy, trying to keep her friend upbeat. “We are all your friends, Discord and maybe Rarity may have gone too far when she said that we never should have released you from your stone prison. I’m actually glad we released you from stone.”

“Why is that, my dear Fluttershy?” asked Discord.

“Because we could never have had the friendship that we had now,” she replied, hugging him tightly.

Just then, there was a knock at the door and Fluttershy walked over to answer it. Opening the door, she saw Rarity standing in the doorway with a look of guilt on her face. Knowing it was Rarity, Discord tried to disappear, but Fluttershy gave him a stare and he didn’t disappear.

“Discord,” said Rarity, her voice filled with embarrassment. “I wanted to apologize for what I said about you. It was wrong of me to say that we should never have released you from your prison.”

“Well, maybe now you see I was trying to be helpful,” replied Discord, folding his arms. “Don’t you think it is right to have fun every now and then?”

“You had great intentions I am sure,” said Rarity. “Even if they are called into question sometimes. But you have to understand that there are times and places for fun and games. This was not a time for them. Surely, you understand that?”

As Rarity spoke, Discord turned himself into a pair of watches to show that he was getting the message.

“I get what you are saying my dear Rarity,” sighed Discord. “All I want was to leave my mark on the project that we are all trying to accomplish and I thought that Twilight’s wedding dress would be the one to leave my mark on, because its what Shining Armor cared about the most.”

“Yes, Twilight’s best mare dress is important to both him and Cadence because Twilight was a symbol of their wedding,” explained Rarity, breaking into a small smile. “A symbol that never came to be because of stupid mistakes that we made. When we realized of the mistakes we made, we made the dress as a way of strengthening our relationship with Twilight as well as apologizing for our behavior.”

Taking into account what he had just heard, Discord apologized to Rarity for his behavior and soon, all three of them were back at the Boutique putting the finishing touches on Twilight’s restored clothes.

“She is going to love them, I am sure,” said Rarity, making sure that they were ready for presentation, before turning back to Discord. “Now, you said you wanted to leave your mark on the project?”

“If you don’t mind that, my dear Rarity,” chuckled Discord and Rarity transferred some of her magic into Discord that he would use for the presentation of the dresses.

“Now then,” said Rarity. “Let’s give Princess Twilight a piece of her life back. Follow me!”

As they walked towards the castle, Discord, Rarity and Fluttershy began to sing a reprise of their song from when they built the Golden Oak Chandelier.

It's not the things that you gather 'round

-Discord

It's not how much you own
-Fluttershy

The things that hold the meaning in your life
Are the memories you've sown

-Rarity

So we make, so we make, so we make
This castle a home
So we make, so we make
This castle a home
So we make, so we make
This castle a home!
-Discord, Rarity and Fluttershy