• Published 18th May 2015
  • 2,474 Views, 42 Comments

Dresses for a Princess - twilightsparkle3562



Rarity attempts to remake all of Twilight's old dresses after they are destroyed in the Golden Oak Library.

  • ...
5
 42
 2,474

Getting Discord and Fluttershy Onboard

Chapter 3

"Getting Discord and Fluttershy On board"

While Rarity had Spike race over to Fluttershy’s cottage to enlist her help in remaking Twilight’s dresses, the timid yellow Pegasus and the ex-master of chaos known as Discord were having their usual Tuesday tea at her cottage. Fluttershy could see that Discord was still reeling from the verbal smack down he had received from Shining Armor back at Twilight’s castle. In fact, the sounds of his yelling continued to echo through the chaotic creature’s head which made him feel scared and vulnerable.

“What exactly are you talking about, Shining Armor?” asked Discord. “I am pretty sure that everything Twilight lost could be replaced.”

“Discord,” he heard Shining Armor say coldly and quietly. “Did you ever stop to think that some items that Twilight had in the library are items that can’t be replaced? Not everything can be replaced, She lost her books and pictures from her days as Celestia’s student, all the gifts she has received from her friends and family over the years including the dress that she wore as my best mare at my wedding? Did you ever stop to think about that?!”

To combat this, Discord produced a set of headphones to block out the noise much to Fluttershy’s confusion. Realizing that he didn’t want to make himself an even bigger of an idiot than he already was, Discord got rid of the headphones.

“You’ve been acting strange lately, Discord,” remarked Fluttershy. “Are you still thinking about what Twilight’s brother said to you?”

The sounds of Shining Armor’s yelling were heard through Discord’s ears as he lowered his head towards Fluttershy to let her hear for herself the noises that were going through his mind. This caused Fluttershy to get slightly scared and Discord pulled himself away from her.

“If that gives you any indication, my dear Fluttershy,” said Discord. “Then yes, I’m still thinking about it.”

“Some ponies are difficult to make up to, Discord,” replied Fluttershy. “I’m sure you can make up for what you did eventually. I know you are sorry for what happened, but you need to focus on the future and not the past.”

Discord took the matter into consideration and pondered the fact that maybe he could try to find a way to get Shining Armor to see that he was just a misguided soul who was manipulated by an escaped convict from Equestria’s underground prison.

“I just want to do something, Fluttershy,” he said, pacing back and forth, nearly stepping on Angel bunny. “If I could help in any way to get him to understand what I am trying to say to him. Maybe I could go to the places that I helped Tirek attack and help the ponies there get back on their feet.”

Discord considered the matter but then, he suddenly began to think of what would happen if he did come into those towns, particularly Appleloosa. A thinking cloud came out of him and it showed a picture of the Appleloosians placing Discord at the gallows with a noose tied around his neck. Seeing her friend at the gallows caused Fluttershy to cover her eyes with her wing and Discord immediately snapped the cloud away.

“My thoughts exactly,” remarked Discord. “Perhaps it would be best if I take it small, Fluttershy.”

“I agree,” said Fluttershy, shaking off the sight of horror that was before her eyes. “If you want to atone for your actions, do it here first with those that are closest to you.”

Just then, a knock was heard at the door and Fluttershy walked over to open the door and reveal Spike on the other side.

“Spike,” said Fluttershy, letting the baby dragon in. “What can I do for you?”

“Rarity was asking for you,” panted Spike, trying to catch his breath from all the running he did. “She’s going to recreate all of Twilight’s dresses that she lost in the library explosion and was wondering if you could help her.”

Fluttershy considered the matter and although she did give her own spin on Twilight’s bedroom, the matter of helping her friend with this tall order was something that she felt that needed to be done. After all, Fluttershy did have a freaky knowledge of sewing, according to Applejack. At the same time, she thought that this would be a good opportunity for Discord to start making up for his actions and try to get back on Shining Armor’s good side.

“Sure,” she replied to Spike before turning to Discord. “Maybe this is your chance to make up for your actions, Discord. How good are your sewing skills?”

“I would say that they are rusty,” he replied, transforming into a sewing machine in his likeliness. “But, I’ll see what I can do.”

“Twilight wants all her dresses remade from when she was a unicorn,” continued Spike, trying to hide his feelings about Discord helping out. “This is something that would help Twilight get used to our new home.”

With Fluttershy and Discord on board, Spike happily returned to Carousel Boutique and let Rarity know about the help that she would be getting. Unfortunately, the idea of having Discord help was something that she didn’t quite have in mind.

“Are you nuts, Spike?” gasped Rarity, appalled that Discord was helping. “He’ll just ruin everything!”

“Give him a chance, Rarity,” pleaded Spike, as Rarity gathered the necessary materials she needed. “Discord may be a jerk, but he wants to redeem himself.”

“Out of the question!” retorted Rarity, using her magic to cut into deep purple fabric. “It will just be Fluttershy and me and that is that! So, go back and tell Discord that he cannot help me!”

Spike didn’t want to argue with the pony he had a crush on, so he started to walk back towards Fluttershy’s cottage, but didn’t get very far when Discord appeared and armed with a needle and several spoonful’s of thread.

“Hello, Rarity,” he said in a singsong voice. “I’m here to help!”

“What are you doing here, Discord?” asked Rarity, huffingly. “Go away at once! This is a delicate operation and I have no time for your games!”

“He’s not here to play games, Rarity,” remarked Fluttershy as she flew in through the door. “Discord wants to redeem himself and I thought this would be a good chance for him to do so.”

Rarity wanted to protest, but Fluttershy raised an eye in an effort to get her to change her mind. After all, Fluttershy did something nice for Rarity when Photo Finish came to Ponyville, now it was a time for Rarity to do something nice for Fluttershy.

“All right,” groaned Rarity, placing her hoof to Discord’s chin. “But if you do anything garish, Discord, so help me…”

Discord produced a small halo and a harp and solemnly promised to not cause any chaos during this delicate operation.

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” said Discord, reciting the pinkie promise.

So, the mission to recreate Twilight’s destroyed dresses had begun…