• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,496 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,496

PreviousChapters Next
Battle for the Farm

The docking bay flashed with sharp red colors and a loud wail reverberated throughout all the walls. Spitfire approached Flash Sentry, Rarity, Mono and Lith, who all stood with their eyes locked with diligent courage.

“Bad news; the Van’Goth have invaded the dairy farm at the far corner of the city. We have identified one Class S Warlord Unit along with several Class C Drone Units. One of the members of the Van’Goth is believed to be piloting the Class S Mecha.” Spitfire explained.

“Goethia…” Lith hissed out, clenching her right paw with a heated shake of her limb.

“If you gathered us four operatives who have an exo license, then you must want us to spearhead the battle inside of mechas right?” Flash Sentry asked.

“Correct. But you four won’t be riding in any ordinary exos.” Spitfire said.

Four exos whose armor gleamed with a purple shine rose up from the ground underneath. Two boosters were fixed into their backs. Looking onto their heads, the group eyed a flurry of sharp needles colored in yellow that jetted out of their heads.

“These definitely don’t look like ordinary exos. Exactly what models are these?” Flash Sentry questioned.

“After the team behind the Genome Research Project made a breakthrough with discovering the Rock-type, Ground-type and Psychic-type genes, they began to implement their research into more than just weapons. These exos are the fruits of that implementation.”

Mono walked towards the center of the four exos and rubbed his chin. A small hum vibrated from him.

“Is there a reason why I wasn’t notified of this research? I am a part of the team.” He asked.

“It was Professor Pasque’s idea. Only he and Einstein were involved in the engineering process. Our mechanics just followed the blueprints they have devised for us. It’s weird how it all came together, but you should be able to use the moves that Pokémon can use with these.” Spitfire explained.

“That sounds very useful, but is there a reason why you chose us four?” Rarity asked.

“No particular reason. I just drew some straws from a random pool of licensed pilots within the organization. But, that shouldn’t be a problem right?” Spitfire said with a calm grin.

“Not really. An exo is still an exo, no matter how unusual it looks.” Rarity responded.

“I’ve never met an exo I couldn’t tame before. This shouldn’t be any different.” Flash Sentry said with a confident smirk on his face.

“The professor can be amazing with his works sometimes.” Lith noted.


Missiles fired across the meadow and exploded on the ground, tearing it apart. Custard and Jasmine stood back to back, firing lasers of Dragon Pulses and bursts of Dazzling Gleams towards the mechas swarming them. Their attacks collided with force fields around them, dissipating before they could touch them. Custard broke out in a cold sweat and his lips curved downwards in anxiety.

“Why aren’t our attacks working? They worked the last time.” He said.

“It must be those force fields around them… it’s absorbing our attacks like a sponge!” Jasmine noted.

Goethia’s mecha held out its hand, where a virulent surge of lightning sparked through Custard and Jasmine. Custard gritted his mouth and stood against the flow of electricity through his body. Jasmine landed on the ground and whimpered, closing her eyes and turning her head away from the lightning.

“Strange. I expected a better fight for the beings that have been such a thorn in our plans.” With her mecha descending onto the ground, Goethia said with a voice heavy in sarcasm.

“What are you doing here? Why attack this farm?!” Custard shouted.

“It may seem like a random attack. But, without the milk from this area, the Equusians of this world will suffer without a consistent source of Vitamin D, Calcium and something to live for. Am I correct with this assumption?” Goethia asked.

“You want to destroy what remains after an entire food group?!” Jasmine shouted. “That is evil!”

“And who is going to stop me? Clearly, you two are too weak to even press against my force fields.”

“That’s where I come in!” Applejack shouted, jumping from the canopy of the tree behind Goethia.

She threw herself onto Goethia’s force field, feeling the electrical current of it going through her body. Her teeth gritted under the stress of voltage flowing through her body. She plunged her front legs into the force field and felt them turning into jelly.

Goethia’s skin paled upon seeing the hole pried through the force field surrounding her mecha. Applejack fell through the hole and kicked the head of Goethia’s mecha with her hind right leg. Her leg shook from the force reversed back into her. She fell off the mecha and landed upon the ground.

“I must say, it takes a certain level of brashness to attempt something like that. I will have to talk to Wilhelm about how easy it is to tear through the forcefield.” Goethia noted to herself.

Custard broke out of his electrical binds and stared at Goethia with fiery eyes. A blast of light fired from the chest of Goethia’s mecha and shot Custard. Custard’s upper arms absorbed most of the light, but the leftover energy dragged him along the ground and onto his back.

“That felt like getting hit by a Fairy-type move…” He murmured out.

“That is a special cannon designed after the pink one’s burst of light technique. It seemed to hurt Giacomo and the Brachyixes a lot, so I wondered if it would hurt you too. Turns out that I was not only right, but it seems to be a weakness weapon for you.” Goethia said.

Her mecha approached the downed Custard and its right hand gripped itself around his neck. It lifted Custard into the air and tightened its grip around his neck. Custard shut his eyes and gritted his mouth. His body squirmed with erratic intervals.

“Custard!” Jasmine shouted, reaching her right upper limb towards him with a weak stretch.

“There isn’t much you can do now. Soon, your friend will be but a distant memory.”

White Apple ran out of the barn and her jaw dropped at the sight of Custard squirming for his life. She swayed her head to the left and right. She focused her eyesight along the ground, where a small brown button appeared within her vision. She smiled and leaped towards it.

Goethia’s ears picked up a weak static emerging from the field around her. She looked around her and saw blue nodes around the farm that generated blue electricity. The force field around all of the mechas appeared with cracks forming around them. Her heart palpitated from the sound of glass shattering around her.

A sly grin appeared on Jasmine’s face. She unleashed a Thunderbolt on Goethia’s mecha, shocking it from the inside and out. Goethia brought her left hand to her face from the flashing lights and opened her right palm. The mecha dropped Custard onto the ground. White Apple ran towards Custard’s side and held up his head with her front legs.

“Custard! Are you okay?!” White Apple called.

Applejack and Jasmine rushed towards Custard’s side. Applejack eyed the compressions along Custard’s neck and his deep intakes of breath.

“Rest easy, Custard. You nearly got choked to death!” She said.

“Will… do.” Custard gaped out.

“You rotten… milkmare!” Goethia shouted with her mecha staring towards White Apple with its right hand opening towards her.

Applejack bucked the hand away.

“Keep your filthy hands off my cousin, alien scum! You’re the one that decided to attack!” Applejack shouted.

From the distance, Goethia’s eyes laid upon four exos running towards the field. One of the exos put its hands together and generated a burning aura. Splitting them apart, the hands unleashed flames of tongues that burned away the smaller mechas that headed towards them.

Another one of the mechas had its right hand twirl around in its socket. Its hand formed into the mouth of a barrel. A blast of water emerged from it, striking down the mechas that burned from the heat of the flames.

The third mecha surrounded itself with shards of stones and hurled them towards the damaged mechas. The stones pierced through their armor. Spurts of electricity shot out from their wounds. They fell onto the ground, releasing fiery gasses from their bodies.

“Yeah! Now it’s time to go for the big one!” Flash Sentry shouted.

His exo sprinted towards Goethia. The exo’s right hand curled into a fist and punched Goethia’s mecha across its face. Goethia’s mecha grabbed the right hand of Flash Sentry’s exo and lifted it upwards.

Flash Sentry’s exo lifted its open left hand towards the chest of Goethia’s mecha. From the hole in the center, a swarm of robotic bees flew towards her.

“Surprise Attack Orders!” Flash Sentry shouted is a toothy grin.

Goethia’s mecha tossed Flash Sentry’s exo to the side and swatted away the bees around her.

“How infuriating! I’ll make sure to destroy you first!”

The right hand on Goethia’s mecha shifted into a drill and geared itself towards Flash Sentry’s mecha. It thrust itself onto its chest, piercing through the armor with its sparks.

“Get away from him you ruffian!” Rarity shouted.

Her exo punched Goethia away from Flash Sentry’s exo. The left hand of Goethia’s mecha grabbed the right arm of Rarity’s exo and tossed her overhead. A volley of missiles released themselves from the shoulders of Goethia’s mecha and aimed towards Rarity. Rarity’s exo crossed its arms in defense.

“Not on my watch!” Mono shouted.

Mono’s exo held out its right hand. Covering itself within a green energy, a green barrier emerged around Rarity’s exo. The missiles exploded upon the barrier without any harm to the exo covering it.

“Now it’s time to settle the score!” Lith shouted, running towards Goethia with her exo’s right hand lit up with flames.

The eyes of Goethia’s exo fired two lavender beams towards the direction of Lith’s exo. The exo sidestepped to its left and right. Goethia’s mecha ducked underneath the strike of the fiery fist, evading it. With light speed, she swept the legs of Lith’s exo and punched it forwards towards the barn. A large dent appeared on the building.

“No! My barn!” White Apple shouted.

“And where do you think you are going, young missy?” Goethia stated, grabbing White Apple by the skin at the back of her neck.

“Let go of me!”

Goethia’s mecha brought White Apple to its face.

“Do you think I would let you go after you pulled off that trick against me? I’ll make sure you die a horrible death.”

The right hand of Mono’s exo flashed with an indigo color. Goethia felt her mecha lifted into the air. White Apple squirmed out of the mecha’s weakened grasp and dropped towards the ground. She landed on her hooves and ran back towards the barn.

Lith’s exo sprinted towards Goethia’s mecha and punched it within its chest. Goethia felt the flames tonguing into her chamber. A barrier formed around the mecha, quelling the flames around her. Her mecha then punched Lith’s exo in its chest. Lith gritted her teeth and tucked her head downwards from the blow.

“I’m tired of playing games with you all. It’s time that I destroy all of you!”

Her mecha’s fists lit up with a golden light. Rarity’s exo ran towards Goethia’s mecha, raring to throw a kick towards it. The kick deflected off of the barrier.

“Physical attacks seem to have no effect on it.” Rarity noted.

Jasmine looked towards the entrance of the barn and floated her way over towards the hill.

“Please let it be here. Please let it be here.” She whispered to herself.

Looking through the grass, she saw a button among the green field. She pressed it, sending another round of voltage through the farm. Goethia’s mecha and the H.O.R.S.E. exos collapsed under the strain of the electricity throughout the area.

“Jasmine!” Lith shouted. “That EMP works against us as well!”

“Sorry!” Jasmine stated.

Custard got off from his back and stood up underneath the weight of his body. He rubbed his throat with a slow speed and breathed out a Flamethrower that engulfed Goethia’s mecha.

“I’m not going to die like this!” She shouted.

Goethia’s mecha flew into the air and above the dome.

“Again she leaves our grasp.” Lith stammered out.

“Don’t worry about it, Lith. Everything will be fine.” Mono said. “Besides, the threat of the attack is over.”

“Yeah. I guess you are right. Still…”

The chest of Lith’s exo opened up. Lith hopped out of the cockpit and sprinted towards Custard’s side.

“Are you alright Custard?”

“Yeah. I’m fine, but my throat still feels a bit sore.” Custard said, rubbing his throat.

“Just give yourself a bit of R n’ R, Custard. It should heal up pretty soon.” Applejack stated, patting his back.

“I’m curious as to why your cousin has an EMP field in her field.” Mono questioned.

“I always thought something like this would happen, so I forked over some extra cash to set up a defense system for my farm. It was worth it.” White Apple announced.


Custard sat on a firm bench. To his right, Gnasher huffed and sprayed a blue liquid onto Custard’s neck. She shook her head.

“You idiot. Don’t try to be a hero when you know you couldn’t do much. I don’t want to hear that you died just because you were acting without thinking.” She chastised.

“Sorry, Gnasher. I won’t let it happen again next time.” Custard responded with a sullen voice.

“I suppose it’s not your fault.” Sighing, Gnasher said. She sat down by Custard’s side and patted his back. “Many things must have went on in your mind for you to do something like that.”

“Several. Mainly, I sort of feel that the farm is now a responsibility I should have. Not only is it a part of the city, but I feel like it will be an important part of my life.”

“Wait, what? What are you exactly saying? You just got there today!”

“Well… the owner of the farm was having some difficulty with succession. She said that I have the ability to become the next successor to the farm.” Custard explained.

“You didn’t say yes, did you?”

“I told her I would think about it and talk it over with you. I know that you aren’t exactly the type who would want to work on the farm, but I developed a feeling of mutuality with the cows there. They need a good and stable line of ownership, and we need the milk they produce. I see how milk is important, even if I don’t really drink it much myself.”

Gnasher looked down to the ground with a silent gaze. She shifted her sight towards Custard and smiled.

“A farm is a good place to work up on my butchering skills. I could use some of that area for a place to gather edible game meat. Plus, I bet some of those bulls will need to be monitored over during mating season. I hear that they get aggressive during that time.”

“And I get to care for the bovines when they get sick as well!” Custard stated with a gleeful tone. “Alright, I think I have my decision now.”


White Apple and Jasmine set their eyes upon the repairs of the dent in the barn. Professor Pasque and Fei lifted a thick sheet of steel and placed it over a gap to the side of the gate. White Apple gazed towards Jasmine and bumped her shoulder into her shoulder.

“You have my deepest thanks for protecting my precious bovines, Jasmine. I was afraid of what would happen if I couldn’t produce no more milk on this farm. Neo Canterlot would have been dealt a big hit there.” She said.

“It isn’t nothing much. The exos from H.O.R.S.E. and your EMP did all of the work.” Jasmine stated.

“Aww don’t be like that. If I was here by myself, I wouldn’t have triggered the EMP and my bovines would’ve been kidnapped or something worse. Aliens, can’t really predict what they’ll do next with cows.”

“That attack sounded horribly clichéd now that I think about it. What would aliens do with all that milk anyways?”

White Apple shrugged her shoulders.

“Dunno. But, thank you again for having some of your Pogeymanz friends help repair my barn at this hour.”

Jasmine groaned and smacked her forehead.

“It’s Pokémon! Must it be so hard for you to pronounce it?!” She shouted.

A burst of laughter emerged from White Apple.

“I’m just joshing with you, Jasmine.”

“Right. Well, Applejack said something nice about that apple tree you have growing there. She said that your fruits are quite sweet. Maybe a bit too sweet for me, but she says that you will be able to make a profit off of them.” She said.

“She keeps telling me that she would want to obtain the rights to sell my apples. But, she has her own apples to grow. These apples are too special to me to just sell like other apples. They’re mementos from my deceased kin.” White Apple stated.

Custard and Gnasher approached Jasmine and White Apple with smiles on their faces.

“White Apple! I’ve made my decision.”

White Apple smiled and walked over towards Custard.

“What’s your answer?”

“After Gnasher and I talked about the situation, I accept your offer. But, I can only do it after the alien menace is over.” Custard responded.

“That’s understandable, but you have no idea how happy you made me.” White Apple stated.

“Just for the record, you don’t mind having a butcher’s station on your property right?” Gnasher asked.

“As long as you don’t touch any of the bovines with that cleaver, I’m fine with all of the butchering you do. Just don’t scare the bovines with that though.” White Apple responded.

Fei and Professor Pasque walked up the hill where the trio stood at and smiled.

“That was exhausting work! But, I’m glad we were able to fix it.” Fei stated.

“It was a bit hot out today. So Miss White Apple, I see that you enjoyed those exo designed I have engineered to protect your farm.” Professor Pasque said.

“Sure do. They were unique, for the lack of a better term.”

“The sun is beginning to set in the horizon. Should we spend our last few moments together watching it?” Custard requested.

The group of five gazed at the golden horizon, seeing the sun dip below the land. The world around them dimmed into a purple night.

Author's Note:

Part 2 of the dairy farm arc. Hope you all enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next