• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,487 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,487

Chapters Next
Displaced

A brown-skinned man in a white lab coat and brown khakis stepped beyond the frame of a white door, entering into a lush garden where blue and yellow berries shaped like citrus hung from ripe vines. His head of black hair shined with a sleek sheen underneath the radiant sun. A group of seven brown and white-striped raccoon dog-like creatures with beady eyes ran past him in a zigzag pattern. The man turned back, revealing his mud-brown eyes behind a set of glasses.

“It looks like the Zigzagoons are very energetic today.”

Walking forward, he clasped his hand onto a nearby pink berry with a pattern of excited green stripes splattered all over it and pulled it down. Nearby, a small bird with green, yellow and blue feathers stood perched upon a nearby trunk reaching out. His head was in the shape of a musical note with a pink beak and beady eyes. His tail was a black metronome. Smiling, he tore the berry in half and offered half of it to the bird.

“Chatot!” The bird called out, extending out his vibrant wings.

The man lifted the portion of his berry over to the Chatot’s mouth, where he ravaged the berry with his beak until nothing remained. Crouching down, the man stroked the Chatot on his head.

“You haven’t been causing any trouble, have you Rondo?” The man asked.

With his eyes closed, Rondo shook its head sideways. As the man lifted his portion of the Watmel Berry over to his mouth, he heard a nearby bush rustling. With his eyes widened in alert, he glanced towards the direction of the noise. From the bush emerged a periwinkle beast with two red eyes and a series of yellow pipes and holes sticking out of his head and body.

The beast had thick forearms that contrasted against his thinner upper arms, and his feet had three white claws each. It eyed the berry in the man’s hand with a longing gaze. Seeing this, the man bent down onto his knees and held his hand out with the berry, offering it to the beast. With a wide-mouthed grin, the beast approached the man and took the berry with his two hands. Closing his eyes, he took several generous bites of the berry.

“Exploud!” He called out happily.

“Did you have a good nap in that shrub, Stereo?” The man asked, stroking Stereo by his back.

“Mono!” A female voice called out.

The man, Mono, turned around. Behind him was a tan-skinned woman with a white lab coat and black khakis who was running towards him with her hand extended up into the air. She stood at the man's height. Behind her was a magenta creature with a hot pink patch of fluff covering a large majority of her lower body. The creature had red eyes upon its lilac beaked-face.

The woman stopped a few steps before Mono. With her brown eyes behind her glasses, she bore a fiery stare into Mono’s eyes. The creature behind landed onto the grass with floating grace. She looked towards Mono with a similar stare like the woman.

“Lith! Jasmine!” Mono stated in surprise, pointing to the woman and Aromatisse.

“You had me worried! Jasmine and I were looking everywhere for you! The experiment is about to begin.” Lith explained.

“Tisse.” Jasmine responded, pouting towards Mono.

“Wait, that’s now?!” Mono shouted. “W-we have to go!”

Mono ran towards the door, not stepping on any of the various shrubberies in his way. Rondo squawked and Stereo grunted. Rondo flapped his wings and Stereo ran, following Mono. Lith let out a small sigh. She looked towards Jasmine with a smile.

“My twin brother can be silly, can he?”

“Tisse. Tisse Tisse.” Jasmine responded.

“Yeah. We got to follow him as well.” Lith said, sprinting towards Mono’s direction. Jasmine floated back into the air, following after Lith.


The sunlight phased through the glass of a white building. Within there are a group of various people of shapes, sizes and colors in lab coats and khakis. Various Pokémon stood around the humans, keeping their distance close to them.

Mono, Lith, Rondo, Stereo and Jasmine sprinted into the room. All of the scientists in the room looked towards them with impatient stares. Among the group, a tall man with a beard of snow color walked towards the people and Pokemon that entered within the room. With his thick arms crossed and icy blue eyes staring down upon the group, he sent a shockwave of fear down everyone’s spines.

“Mr. and Miss Samers, where have you two been? Do you not realize that we have already commenced our meeting?” The imposing man asked.

“Rondo, Stereo and I were at the Opelucid Garden to gather Watmel Berries for examination and lunch, Professor Pasque.” Mono explained.

“I was getting some tea for Jasmine and I before we remembered about this meeting.” Lith added. “I went to fetch Mono at our home, but he wasn’t there.”

Professor Pasque’s stone face loosened and revealed a smile through his rough beard.

“You should have seen the looks on your faces! It looked as if you two were in a dark alleyway surrounded by Gengars! But, I kid. I am just glad you all made it here safely.”

From the group of Pokémon, a giant crocodile with red skin, a blue underbelly, black eyes and black stripes all along her back and face along with a lilac and purple gooey dragon with green eyes and a sweet grin hurried over to Mono and Lith.

“Goodra!” The gooey dragon called out, embracing Lith with a tight hug. Lith giggled.

“You know that I would only be gone for a little bit, Custard. I didn’t think you would miss me that much.”

Mono smiled, turning his attention to the slime-covered Lith.

“You know that he’s very affectionate of you, Lith. You are one of his closest friends.”

“Krook!” The giant crocodile called out.

“I haven’t forgotten you either, Gnasher.” Mono stated, stroking Gnasher’s snout. “You haven’t tried pushing around the other Pokémon again, have you?”

“Krook!” Gnasher called out with a toothy grin.

“That is all the time for the reunion.” A man the size of Professor Pasque stated, walking over to the group. His skin’s complexion was a golden brown and a head of black hair fashioned in a crew cut. “We have been keeping this project a secret for some time now, but I think we can unveil it to everyone in the room.”

“You and Professor Pasque have been very quiet about this project, Professor Gentian. Is there something we have to know?” Lith asked.

“Let’s just say that underneath this tarp is a highly sensitive piece of work that allows mortals to interspatial and temporal abilities that only Legendary Pokémon would be able to possess. If word of this project got out to even scientists outside the project, then it would more than likely be a target for ruffians and syndicates.”

Saying these words, Professor Gentian walked over to a vanilla-colored tarp covering a pillar-shaped object. Yanking the tarp off, a silver-blue tower of metal and rings appeared. All of the humans and Pokémon in the room stared at it, sighing in awe.

“This is the fruits produced by our project; the Dimensional Fluctuation Generator. With this, we can see into worlds, universes and even dimensions beyond the scope of ours. This truly is a marvel for science that would have been impossible without the bonds between human and Pokémon.” Professor Pasque revealed.

“Indeed. If it were not for our Pokémon partners and their suggestions, we would not have been able to make it through even the preliminary blueprints.”

When Professor Gentian stated these words, a silver saucer-shaped creature with a red-iris eye in the center and two black-dotted eyes on its shoulders and magnets attached to the bases of its shoulders and back of it floated down from the ceiling.

“Magnezone.” It called out in a static voice.

“Tesla here worked on the electrical engineering aspects of the machine to make sure that everything would have functioned.” Professor Pasque explained, pointing towards the Magnezone.

“Meanwhile, Einstein collaborated with us in setting up all of the temporal and spatial nodes required for such a project.” Professor Gentian explained, waving his hand to a cellular-shaped rabbit inside of a green gelatin.

“Reuniclus.” Einstein huffed out in pride, crossing his three-pronged gelatin arms.

“Yes. It is this bond we have that allows us to achieve our goals. Whether we succeed or fail, we have to give thanks to all of our partners, including our Pokémon. Never forget that.”

“I second that, Pasque. I cannot even begin to fathom a world without Pokémon. It would almost be like having an entire portion of our soul disappear from us.”

“I whole-heartedly agree with that statement. I wouldn’t be the same person today had Rondo, Stereo and Gnasher never came into my life.” Mono stated, followed by a nod from Rondo, Stereo and Gnasher.

“And I love my Jasmine and Custard with all of my heart. I would be heartbroken if they disappeared from me.” Lith replied, embracing both Jasmine and Custard with her arms.

“Indeed. Now, shall we get our project started?”

Professor Gentian imputed a series of strokes of keys on the dashboard, causing the top node of the machine to illuminate in a blue flash. The screen on the Dimensional Fluctuation Generator lit up, revealing a sea of stars and asteroids from beyond the world.

“Goooo…” Custard called out, stunned by the sight of the monitor.

“It looks so pretty!” Lith voiced out.

“Right now, the generator is detecting any sorts of windows it can use to see into a different world. We will give it a moment.”

Upon the declaration of Professor Pasque’s words, the lights in the room phased off and on. Everyone in the room stared up to the ceiling, gazing at the faulty lighting. Professor Gentian eyed Tesla, nodding his head. A cloud of electricity emanated from Tesla’s magnets, stabilizing the light in the room. A violent tremor shot through the ground and a red ‘Error!’ appeared on the generator screen. Everyone hugged the ground, straining their bodies against the quake.

Cracks developed along the glass of the generator and along the ground. One of the fissures crept its way towards Lith’s direction.

“Lith!” Mono shouted, jumping over towards Lith and scooping her away from the crack.

“Sir! I got a scan of several time-space manipulations on a cosmic scale. The disruptions are on par with the combined forces of Palkia, Dialga and Giratina. But, it's all coming from one source” Holding a black device in his hand, the scientist shouted. Professor Gentian’s skin paled.

“Only one Pokémon would be capable of manipulating the cosmos itself; Arceus has come back.”

“Has Arceus truly come back???” Professor Pasque questioned with a shaken tone. "Is he here to judge humanity for his imprisonment?!"

The Dimensional Fluctuation Generator exploded, drenching everyone in the area with a brilliant flash. Lith eyed Mono’s and her Pokémon, whose eyes and movements glinted with panic. She stood up from the ground, stumbling over to the Pokémon. She embraced them.

“Please do not be afraid. No matter what happens, we will all be together.” She stated.

Mono stumbled over to the Pokémon, hugging them and Lith.

“Not even the end will separate us. We grew up together, and we shall take the next step together.”

With a brilliant flash of light, everyone, humans and Pokémon, all disappeared.


Mono’s eyes opened up, letting light into them. With his vision clearing, he saw luminous sunlight breaking through the gray clouds of the atmosphere. With a groan, he stirred back into existence.

“Mono?!” A voice called out nearby. Mono eyed the Chatot nearby, who had an ecstatic smile. “Mono, it’s me; Rondo!”

“…Rondo? I didn’t know you can speak fluent English outside of Chatter.”

“Ummmm… no? I’m speaking in my native tongue. It’s you who are speaking in a different language.” Rondo responded.

“That’s preposterous! I’m speaking how I normally speak!”

“Really? Because you sound a lot like a Meowstic and even look like one!”

“Wait, what are you-“Before Mono continued, he eyed a white paw that was in the place of his arm. “This must be some joke. I can’t possibly have this. It’s irrational!”

“It’s not. Just look at yourself in the nearby lake.”

Mono stood up, sprinting towards the water’s edge. Looking down upon his reflection, he gasped; within it was a dark blue-green bipedal cat much smaller than his human form with a stray patch of white fur hanging down from the top of his head. His folded-in ears were striped with white, just as his two bushy tails. His green-blue eyes glimmered down on the water’s reflection. Mono lifted his paw to his face, moving it with a rattled shake.

“How… this has to be a joke. Rondo, is this some very elaborate prank that I am a victim of?” He stated with a flat tone.

“What do you think? We are in a completely different area, no one else is around and you can feel that you can talk with me. I’d say it’s as real as real gets.”

“I guess you’re right… so why is it that all of this is happening?” Mono asked, crossing his front paws, tilting his head and closing his eyes. “Last I remember, the lab was being torn apart through Arceus’s wrath and now I’m a Pokémon in some weird land.”

“Uhhh, Mono, it might be a good idea to look for the others that got transported here with us. It’s no use pondering on our current situation.” Rondo suggested.

“You’re right. We should try looking for Lith, Professor Pasque and the others.”

Turning to his right, Mono’s mouth dropped at the sight of the world before him; an expansive meadow sprawled farther than his eyes can see alongside raging black waters to the west. Hills and leafy trees covered the horizon.

“You had the same reaction I had when I first woke up! Isn’t it pretty?” Whistling, Rondo noted.

“Let’s… let’s just try to find everyone.”


Mono sprinted up a hill with Rondo flying close by. The air smelled of leafy plants boiling in a pot of water and orange peelings. He exhaled a hearty sigh.

“Life isn’t too bad as a Pokémon. I could keep running forever!”

“Slow down, Mono! I don’t want you to run into something you’ll regret doing later.” Rondo called out.

“Relax, Rondo. What’s the worst that could possibly happen?”

At the declaration of Mono’s words, a brilliant explosion sounded from beyond the hills. Mono’s eyes shot open and his a jolt of electricity shot down his spine. Rondo sighed, shaking his head.

“Mono, please do me a favor and never say those combination of words again. You just might ask for the worst thing to happen.”

“Y…yeah. But, we should probably see the commotion taking place there.”

“Agreed.”

Mono and Rondo rushed over to where the source of the explosion was.


A butter yellow-coated pegasus mare cowered behind her full pink mane, slowly backing away from two oppressive shadows. On her flank was an image of a trio of butterflies. Two ponies covered from head to hoof in jet black armor had their bodies splayed on the ground with deep gashes along their necks.

Before the mare were bipedal beings with dark green skin and claws the size of blades, both of which were splattered in red liquid. Their saliva was viscous honey, dripping down from their mouths. Their red eyes hungered for the mare before her.

“P-please… don’t… kill me.” She pleaded with a soft voice.

Mono and Rondo stood on top of a hill to the right of the commotion. Seeing the dead ponies, a terrified pony and killer creatures, they gasped.

“I may not know what is going on, but we got to help that Pokémon down there.” Mono declared.

“Are you sure that’s a Pokémon, Rondo? That doesn’t look like any Pokémon I’ve ever seen.” Rondo asked, tilting his head.

“Regardless, we still got to help it. Those foes in front of her look nasty.”

“Do you even know how to fight, Mono? I don’t think you’re ready to enter battle yet.”

“All I know is that I mainly have defensive-based moves and only a small handful of offensive moves. Besides, you’ll have my back, Rondo.”

Rondo nodded. The duo raced down the hill with blazes following in the wake of their tracks. The berserker creatures lifted their claws and poised them towards the pony in front of them. The pony’s aqua-colored eyes stared upon them. She stood still, breathless and paralyzed.

“Rondo, use Chatter!”

Rondo flew into the scene and intercepted the foes, releasing a cloud of words from his mouth and striking them. Mono ran towards the pony, who shook her head and staved off the stupor. She looked towards him with a soft smile.

“Aren’t you adorable? But, you ought to run away from here. These aliens are more than just scary!”

We’re here to save you!” Mono shouted out, waving his paws with fervor.

The pony stared into his eyes, almost trying to decipher what she heard.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t understand you. You just kept saying ‘meow’ and ‘stic’. Just please leave. I’ll be fine. I don’t want any innocent creatures to be hurt by these barbarians. Nopony will notice that I am gone, anyways.”

Wow. You really have to get that low self-esteem checked.

The two aliens shook their head, staving off the sound ringing in their ears. Their attention and line of sight diverted towards the Chatot in front of them.

Yep, I got them angry. What should I do next?” Rondo asked.

Try using a Heat Wave attack against them.” Mono suggested.

Rondo began flapping his wings at high speeds, tinting the invisible gusts into red gales with sparks of fire within them. The aliens stood strong against the gales, stumbling towards Rondo.

I really hope you have another plan, Mono. These guys are much tougher than I thought!

Hold on, I’m thinking…

In the midst of Mono’s thoughts, one of the aliens sprinted towards Rondo, slashing him with one of their claws. Rondo squawked in pain.

Rondo!” Mono called out. Rondo shook his head.

Hey that seriously smarts.

He flew over towards Mono’s side. Mono unfolded his ears, revealing eyes at their ends. He growled in anger and all of his eyes flashed in blue.

Nobody hurts Rondo! Nobody!

The aliens were surrounded by a blue light that picked them up from the ground. With a downward thrust from Mono’s right paw, the aliens crashed onto the ground. Lifting both of his paws, the aliens were carried up into the air once more. With a strong throw downwards, the aliens collided with the land once more.

“Wow…” The pony stated, blinking three times.

The light within Mono’s eyes faded and came back to his senses.

What just happened?

Rondo whistled in delight.

That’s a powerful Psychic if I ever saw one. But, I really do not want to risk getting gashed by those things just to trigger another bout of anger like that.

Wait, I did that?

From the dust cloud in front of them, the two aliens rose from the ground. Their bodies were scratched and full of dirt patches. They stared at Mono with eyes lusting for his bloodshed. From their backs, they pulled out silver guns the size of cannons and aimed them towards the group.

“Ummm, I don’t mean to be rude, but I think we should leave now. Those weapons they have in their hands are meant to deliver a slow and painful death to their victims.” The pony warned.

“Ohhh…” Mono and Rondo stated in unison. The group of three crawled back, staring into the eyes of death.

Author's Note:

For those of you reading this, I thank you for reading this first chapter. I really hope you enjoy the entrance into the New Dimension.

Chapters Next