• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,493 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,493

PreviousChapters Next
The Fire That Burns in the Darkness

Violet Horizon’s throat burned from the screaming of his voice. Wilhelm stepped off of his body and looked down upon him. Violet Horizon rolled on the ground with wincing eyes, keeping his broken leg away.

“Now do you see why I you should have never defied me? Now that you are out of the way, it is time to move onto my real target.” Wilhelm stated.

“R-r-real… t-t-target?” Violet Horizon muttered out.

Fluttershy readied her rifle and shot Wilhelm in his right shoulder blade. The blast failed to penetrate beyond his skin. A devious smirk appeared on Wilhelm’s face. The color on Violet Horizon’s face faded into a pale white.

“Is that anxiety I sense? Then you must know who my target is. Go on, tell her to flee and have your words ignored by her. Her kindness will be the reason why she will die before my hands.” Wilhelm jeered.

“Step away from Violet Horizon, Wilhelm! If it is me you are after, then face me like a real warrior!” Fluttershy called out.

Wilhelm turned around towards Fluttershy’s and Riona’s direction. He moved at the speed of blinking eyes, sliding across the ground with flashing steps. Riona knocked Fluttershy out of Wilhelm’s trajectory and ducked her head. Wilhelm’s fist collided with Riona’s horns and ignited sparks between the two combatants.

“You want to get to her? You’re going to have to go through me.” Riona gritted out.

“If you are able to stand against my fist, then there might be some worth with you after all. Very well then; I accept your invitation.”

Using the reactionary force of the clash, Wilhelm leaped back and glared into Riona’s eyes. Riona smirked and ran across the field towards Wilhelm. Her horns flashed in a chartreuse light and extended a quarter of their size.

Wilhelm grabbed her horn and lifted her from the ground. Riona swung her body forwards and knocked her hind hooves into Wilhelm’s chest. Wilhelm’s feet dragged along the ground from the force his body suffered. Wilhelm growled and threw Riona sky high into the air.

He leaps into the air and he curls his hand into a fist. An orange glow emanated from his hand. Riona flipped her head towards Wilhelm’s direction and gritted her teeth. Her horns flashed in a verdant green color and she dived towards Wilhelm’s fist. The two attacks collided and ignited, creating an explosion that engulfed the air.

Riona and Wilhelm fell onto the ground on their feet and looked into each other’s eyes. Feeling a yellow light enter into her body from her horns, Riona cracked a soft smile. Wilhelm stood at a rock-solid stance and gazed at the Gogoat before him.

“It is interesting how you were able to stand up to my explosive punch. More so, I am impressed that you are still standing after that.” He complimented.

“My Horn Leech heals up to fifty percent of the damage I would deal. The fact that I healed so much off of you and you are still standing shows how much of a tank you are.” Riona stated back.

Her right front hoof glowed in an orange light and she stomped the ground. The earth underneath Wilhelm’s feet shook with a mighty tremor. He leaped from the ground and looked down towards Riona. Air particles generated underneath his feet and he leaped down towards Riona, striking her with his fist.

Fluttershy cringed at the sound of the explosion ringing in her ears. She shrugged it off and dipped into the crater where Violet Horizon lied in. She went by his side and pointed her rifle towards him. Violet Horizon turned his neck towards Fluttershy’s direction and frowned.

“Are… you going to shoot me?” He whispered out in a heavy voice.

“No. I’ll heal you right up. I won’t let you suffer like this.” Fluttershy responded.

“In that case, help out Custard first. It looks like he can’t even move.” Violet Horizon requested.

Fluttershy nodded and hovered towards Custard, whose body is still paralyzed from the effects of the venom. He rolled the pupils of his eyes towards Fluttershy’s direction. Fluttershy placed her right front hoof onto Custard’s flesh and felt its rock solid exterior. A soft gasp escaped from her mouth.

“Oh no… the poison is already taking quick effect. I have to do something.” She looked towards Soarin’, who lied collapsed on the ground. She gazed towards Riona, who parried all of Wilhelm’s blows to her. “No one is looking. Maybe I can finally use the full extent of my current power.”

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath inwards. Her hooves lit up in a blue and yellow aura. She touched Custard’s body and brought her energy into him. Custard’s breaths became audible and his body twitched in response. He blinked twice and moved his head towards Fluttershy.

“Are you… healing me?” He asked with a hoarse voice weakened through pain.

“I don’t have much confidence in my abilities, but you were the most critical condition out of the members of the squad. Once I get you stabilized, then I’ll move onto Violet Horizon and then Soarin’.” Fluttershy responded.

An atrophied smile appeared on Custard’s face. He felt his flesh softening and the pain within him retreating. A sigh of relief passed through his open mouth.

“Thank you, Fluttershy.” He said.

Fluttershy brought her hooves away from Custard and looked down upon him with a frown of concern etched onto her face.

“I couldn’t eliminate all of the poison, but you should be fine for now. Try retreating from the area alongside Violet Horizon and Soarin’ when I give the signal. Riona is a tough girl, but I don’t think that even she can handle fighting against Wilhelm much longer.”

“Will do. I promise that I will follow orders this time.” Custard responded.

Riona backed away from Wilhelm. With her four legs arched, heavy panting escaped from her body. Wilhelm held out his right arm towards her.

“Tired already? I’m just starting to have fun with this.” He stated.

“You are definitely a challenging foe. If I had to say something good about you, you are probably my most difficult challenge in my years in the Royal Flush Gang.” Riona stated.

“Flattery will get you nowhere, my dear.”

“Of course I know. Now, enough talk; let’s fight!”

Riona’s body split into copies of itself. She and her copies charged forwards towards Wilhelm. Wilhelm slammed his fist into the ground. A bracelet around his wrist emitted a blue pulse of energy that engulfed the area. Riona’s copies disappeared.

“Found you.” Wilhelm stated with a sneaky voice.

Riona’s eyes widened. Her body failed to register Wilhelm’s fist launching against her face and knocking her into the ground. Her body rolled along the ground and bumped along the patches of grass on it. She anchored her right front hoof into the ground and fastened her left hind hoof behind her. She stood up and looked forwards.

“Did you like my disruptor? It phases out any illusionary objects and allows me to see through your ruses.” Wilhelm explained.

“That’s fine. I really didn’t need my Double Team anyways.”

Saying these words, Riona ducked her mouth into her underside and bit on one of her teeth. Feeling her milk enter into her mouth, the scrapes and bruises along her body faded away. Her coat radiated with a shimmering light of restoration.

“I see you have many ways to heal yourself. Maybe I should experiment on you after I make you braindead so that I can see how your body works. I can’t guarantee that your body won’t feel it as my work with the dead has been… less than ethical.” Wilhelm taunted.

“You sick piece of fornication…” Riona uttered to herself.

Wilhelm sprinted forwards and punched Riona in her ribs. Her eyes widened from the blow and the pain of her bones colliding with her lungs. She is launched into the air and against the tree. She fell onto the base of the stump and looked into Wilhelm’s eyes.

“No ordinary Equusian could have survived that blow I did on you. But I can see it damaged you very much. If you give up, I’ll ensure that your death will be quick. I can’t guarantee that it would be painless though.” Wilhelm offered.

“Over my dead body!”

Riona jabbed her horns into Wilhelm’s abdomen and stood up from the ground. She smashed Wilhelm into the bark of the tree. With her horns flashing a verdant green, any sustained wounds on her body faded away. Wilhelm grimaced and an impatient hum reverberated from his closed lips.

“I’m getting bored of how much you are trying to stand up to me. We all know that I will be the one to take your life, correct?” He explained.

“I know and I understand this fact. What you fail to realize is that I am simply buying some time.” Riona stated.

“And here I thought you wanted to challenge me for the sake of challenging me. You could have just left me to kill my target and left on your own.”

“I could have, but I did not anticipate that you would be so eager in challenging me either. Do the aliens of this world not provide a decent challenge?”

“They do, and some have, but it is few and far between. It’s rare for me to even see such a worthy foe, but I believe it is time for me to end this.” Wilhelm stated.

He placed his right hand on Riona’s right horn and squeezed it. Riona’s eyes widened. She slammed Wilhelm into the tree in a repeated series of strikes. She felt her horn’s durability weakening from the pressure applied to it. It snapped off, leaving an uneven break. She winced and gritted her teeth. Wilhelm pulled the broken horn out of his bleeding abdomen and chucked it out into the distance.

“My horn….” Riona gritted out.

“You are one horn short, so your attacks involving them will not nearly be as effective. Plus, I now have a souvenir to study after our encounter.”

“That’s fine. I only need one horn to finish you off.”

Wilhelm slammed the horn he had in his hand against the tree behind him. The horn plunged into the depth of the wood and shattered a crater-sized gap at the point where Riona stabbed through Wilhelm. He flexed his body through the hole and kicked Riona’s head upwards. Riona landed on her back and winced.

Fluttershy ran towards the crater with a desperate pant emanating from her lungs. Her eyes picked upon a shadow descending before them. Gazing upon Wilhelm’s form before her, her heart stopped and her pupils dilated.

“You thought you can help your teammates behind my back, did you not? It’s not a matter of how much time your teammate can buy before you can escape with your team, but it is a matter of how long you can survive before I reach you. I’m afraid your time is up.” Wilhelm stated.

Fluttershy’s nerves ran cold and her body felt imprisoned by the chains of her fear. She was but a filly looking upon a monstrous creature that wanted to rend her flesh in the worst possible ways. She uttered a whimper and took slow steps backwards.

“S-stay back! I’m warning you!”

Wilhelm took steps forwards, bringing forth an air of intimidation between the encounter.

“You remind me of a little someone who I met a few months ago. He was a small stallion working at one of the many outposts in the continent. He had the gall to approach me and thought he can take me on. He had such bravado, but ended up being the victim of my handicraft. I think his name was ‘blue plan’ or something like that? Regardless, his suffering provided me with such joy that I almost cried out in ecstacy. He should be thankful that he can give me such pleasure.”

Fluttershy shook her head and gazed at Wilhelm with broken eyes.

You were the one who did that to Blue Plain?! You horrible monster! He had feelings, hopes and dreams like every other living being! You took that all away from him and degraded the remainder of his physical existence to pain and despair!” With her voice quivering on the verge of tears, she shouted.

“Ah, so you knew him? That makes things even better, since I’ll just do the same thing to you.” Wilhelm stated.

He crunched his knuckles against his opposite hands and leered towards Fluttershy. Riona charged into Wilhelm’s body and chucked him across the clearing.

“I’m not dead yet, remember?” Riona called out. “You’re going to have to do better than that to incapacitate me.”

Wilhelm planted his right palm into the ground. The force carrying his body forward transferred into his hand and dragged along the dirt.

“You are becoming quite the thorn in my side. Very well, I’ll make sure you are dead.”

Fluttershy witnessed Riona’s horn clash against Wilhelm’s foot and saw the two combatants moving at a speed faster than her eyes can keep up with. She dropped into the crater and treaded her front hooves onto Violet Horizon’s dislocated knee. Violet Horizon stretched his neck towards Fluttershy’s direction.

“How is Custard?” He asked in a weak voice.

“His condition has stabilized for the moment, but I have to get you and Soarin’ up and ready to leave this forest.” Fluttershy responded.

Violet Horizon smiled and rested his head on the ground.

“Thank you for caring for all of us, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy’s hooves glowed with their mystic light. Violet Horizon felt his leg amending itself. He winced and groaned at the sudden collision of his two bones.

“I know this feels a bit unusual. It may even hurt, but I am just speeding up the natural recovery of your leg.” Fluttershy assured.

“How are you even doing this?” Violet Horizon asked with a mystified tone. “Pegasi should not have access to healing magic like you are doing.”

“Don’t talk now. Just rest as I mend your body to the best of your body’s abilities.” Fluttershy instructed.

She moved her hooves to Violet Horizon’s dislocated knee and ankle. Feeling the ruptured sacs within his joints filling up with lost fluid and being repaired, Violet Horizon let out a sigh of relief. Fluttershy stood up from the ground and looked down upon him with a smile.

“Your body is restored to the point where it would let me fix it towards. Now I have to go help Soarin’.”

She flew out of the crater and towards Soarin’s direction. She gazed to her right, where an electrified Wilhelm leaped towards her with his fist geared at her side. She stopped in place and squeaked with widened eyes. Riona leaped on top of Wilhelm and knocked him down to the ground with a Leaf Blade.

“Didn’t I say that you should not count me out yet? I admit that I am the weaker adversary between us, but I will continue fighting you until my last breath.” She called out, landing on him.

“Force of habit.” Wilhelm stated with a cocky tone. He threw a fierce punch against Riona’s jaw and knocked her away.

Fluttershy landed by Soarin’s side and placed her hooves on his shoulder blades. Soarin’s eyes opened with a weak movement.

“F…Fluttershy? Didn’t I tell you to get out of here?” He questioned with a slow and weary tone.

“We are leaving this forest as a full squad. There will be no pony or Pokémon left behind.” Fluttershy responded. “Besides, everyone but Riona and I are down. Riona is trying her best to buy time for me to do this.”

Soarin’ gazed towards Riona, who sidestepped and dodged the assault of strikes Wilhelm launched towards her direction. She then slammed her chartreuse-glowing horn into Wilhelm’s chest.

“Well call me a donkey’s uncle… that goat actually can move!” Soarin’ complimented.

“She has her limits, and Wilhelm is quickly reaching them. Once I get you up, then the five of us can leave.” Fluttershy stated.

Riona leaped backwards and let out heavy breaths filled with exhaustion. Her stance faltered and she winced. Wilhelm walked towards her and swung his foot towards the back of Riona’s skull. Riona fell to the ground. Her muscles twitched in pain.

“I had said that you would be worth being experiment fodder in the past, but now I see that you are much too troublesome for me to work with. I cannot trust whether you would rise from the dead to attack me during my experimentation on your corpse, so I will just end your life here. But, if it serves as any consolation to you, you have been my most worthy adversary yet.” Wilhelm spoke.

He raised his foot into the air once more over her neck. Within the split second where he dropped it, a sickle-shaped waved pierced through the thicket of the background and struck him at his chest and knocked him back. Riona looked towards the source of the direction and saw Spitfire leap from the bushes with a red photon sword extending from her bracelet and a silver-colored cannon on her shoulder.

“Spitfire!” Riona called out.

Spitfire’s eyes scanned the entire seen; she saw Custard and Violet Horizon stand up from the ground with shaky stances. She looked towards Soarin’, who stood up with wincing eyes and a groggy back. Fluttershy brought her head underneath Soarin’s left shoulder and held him up.

“Can you still move, Riona?” Spitfire asked.

Riona stood up from the ground and shook off her exhaustion.

“I’m still a bit weak from Wilhelm’s assault, but I am still in a well-enough condition to move.” She answered.

“Good. I want you and Fluttershy to escape with Soarin’, Custard and Violet Horizon while I deal with Wilhelm here.” Spitfire commanded.

Riona smirked. A stifled chuckle echoed from her mouth.

“It seems you came when we needed you most. I thank you for your assistance.”

“Go now. I want this entire squad to be able to live and return to the city alive. Got that?!”

“Yes Commander!”

Fluttershy held Soarin’ with her neck and hovered towards Riona’s direction. Custard and Violet Horizon ambled towards the clustered group. The five of them retreated through the bushes of the forest and left Spitfire by herself.

Wilhelm stood up from the ground and stared death towards Spitfire. The front torso of his coat and undershirt are blackened with damage and he gritted his teeth in fury.

“I didn’t think you’d show up. Have you come here to ruin my parade?” He stated in a displeased tone.

“I came when I traced the signal jam to this part of the forest. And it looks like I made it on time. I never thought I’d see your ugly face out here, Wilhelm.” Spitfire said.

“Well, you ruined my field day and chased away that yellow pegasus I was supposed to kill.” Upon saying these words, Wilhelm’s frustrated visage mellowed into a soft smile and calm eyes. “You know, your intrusion here made me very angry. You are like a figure of authority who decides to ruin everyone’s fun. It’s a good thing we abolished that aspect of our government a long time ago on Sallerius, because now I can take all of my anger on you without restraint.”

Spitfire rolled her eyes and waved her right front hoof towards Wilhelm.

“Yeah yeah, enough talk and more action. If you didn’t talk so much, then maybe you would’ve already completed your mission.” She stated in a cocky tone.

She leaped into the air and brandished her sword-bearing hoof reared behind her shoulder aimed towards Wilhelm. Wilhelm blocked the stab with his right arm and deflected the blow. Spitfire flew towards her left. Her right hind hoof became shrouded in fire. She dived towards Wilhelm with her flaming hoof aimed towards him. Wilhelm leaped into the air and evaded the fiery kick. The fires around Spitfire’s hoof petered out and she landed on the ground on all hooves.

“It is a bit of a surprise that you can wreath your hoof in fire. Is that the product of the technology you are developing?” Wilhelm asked.

“Why should I tell you anything?” Spitfire questioned back with a tone filled with suspicion.

Wilhelm appeared by Spitfire’s side and launched a kick that knocked her into the sky. Spitfire’s eyes widened in reaction and all of the air in her lungs became knocked out through her mouth. She flew through the canopy and felt the series of leaves and branches colliding against her back. She shook her head and expanded her wings in the air. Her right hind hoof became enshrouded in flames once more. Drilling down through the canopy, she became enshrouded in a fiery tornado.

Wilhelm leaped into the air and reared his explosive fist. Seeing Spitfire’s flames burning through the canopy, he struck the epicenter of the drill. The ensuing collision brought forth fiery sparks that ravaged the clearing below in tongues of flames. Spitfire’s Blaze Kick broke through Wilhelm’s fist and captured him within a gust of flames, knocking him down to the charred ground below. He bounced out of the trajectory of Spitfire’s strike and rotated in the air, landing upon the ground on his feet.

“This is your first time beating me in a clash of power. But I bet that it is due to that new technology developed using Pokémon genetics. Am I wrong?”

“You aren’t. This photon sword bracelet and cannon were both developed by our scientists using state-of-the-art knowledge and techniques devised by the Pokémon from this world. But that’s all I’m telling you.” Spitfire stated.

“That’s all I really needed to know.”

Wilhelm struck the ground with his fist. Three white shockwaves that peaked to the height of trees sliced up the ground before Wilhelm and homed in towards Spitfire. Spitfire clashed her blade against the shockwaves fighting against her. Her blade emitted sparks of light. She flew back and into the air. With her blade of light glowing, she slashed a sickle-shaped wave towards Wilhelm.

Wilhelm raised his hand into the air and absorbed the Sonicboom into his hand. Feeling its energy coursing through his body, he leaped towards Spitfire and clenched his hand into a fist. The cannon on Spitfire’s shoulder fired a shadowy blast into the air. Strains of gravity dragged leaves and the two fighters towards the ground.

The frontside of Wilhelm’s body smashed into the ground and cracked it below. Within the void between time, Spitfire became enshrouded in luminescent white electricity. A shrieking moan of pain made its way out of her voice. Her eyes winced in trembling pain, but her body hovered along the ground.

“Here’s a little something I devised myself. I hope you enjoy this.” Forcing a pained grin on her face, Spitfire called out.

With Wilhelm lifting his body off of the ground with his hands, She hovered towards Wilhelm’s downed body and swung her right hind leg in a roundhouse across his face. She hovered back and flipped backwards once, allowing her hoofs to land on the ground. Leaves stopped falling from the trees at an accelerated rate, and the aura around Spitfire dissipated.

Wilhelm got off the ground and held his left hand to his bruised left cheek. A vein on his forehead burst.

“L-lucky shot! It seems that even your kind can be creative with how you use your borrowed power.” He stammered out. “But, it seems that electrical move hurt you more than it should have.”

Spitfire’s blood went cold upon hearing Wilhelm’s cold words with a smirk of confidence plastered over his mouth. She reignited the fires in her blood and shot forward with her blade in hoof. Wilhelm sidestepped the stab and grabbed her other front hoof in between frames with his right hand. His hand lit up with crackling electricity.

The electricity ran through her body and made a round trip through it within the span of a second. Spitfire’s muscles constricted and shouted in agony. Amidst her paralyzed lungs, she shouted to the top of her breath. The cannon on her back fired a blue orb into Wilhelm’s face and launched him across the charred field with a wave of water following its path.

Freed from Wilhelm’s grip, Spitfire landed on her forelegs and breathed a series of heavy gusts. Her eyes widened with fear and the color in her coat faded into a slight paler shade of yellow. She shrugged off the electricity coursing through her body and set her sight on Wilhelm. Wilhelm stood up from the ground with a smile on his face.

“That was quite the trick you did. But it seems like I was correct; you have that condition.”

“So what if I do? I’m not going to run away like a scared filly just because of a little electricity. I dare you to try to use it on me again!” Spitfire shouted.

Wilhelm’s right hand sparked to life with electricity once more. He took a step back and tilted his back to the right. His feet dragged along the ground and electricity surrounded him with a crackling aura.

“Then let us see how long your body can last against this!”

Spitfire closed her eyes and exhaled a deep breath. She twisted her bracelet ankle and her photon sword retreated back within its sheath. Electricity crackled from the bracelet and cloaked Spitfire in an aura of electricity. She charged forwards with intense eyes and a loud roar.

The two electric-cloaked fighters clashed against each other. The resulting collision exploded into a veil of black smoke. With the smoke vanishing from the scene, Wilhelm’s red eyes flashed through its remnants. With no sign of Spitfire detected in his sight, a small scowl appeared on his face.

“Figures that she would escape after a daring clash like that. I failed to kill the herald of death and rebirth, and I could not destroy those Equusians. The emperor will be most displeased with my failure.” He said to himself. He smirked and shrugged his shoulders with raised arms. “Of course, I can always use one of my scapegoats. There will always be another day.”


Fluttershy stood underneath a large cone of light within the docking bay. Her eyes directed towards Mono, who held his glowing upper paws towards Custard. Custard, who lied upon a plastic stretcher, had his body enshrouded with the white light. The light dissipated from both Mono and Custard. Mono smiled and approached Custard.

“There. That should remove any traces of the poison in your body.” He stated with relief.

“I appreciate the healing, Mono. The doctors said that, since my body is vastly different from other bodies, they couldn’t program the filter to work for me. It’s a good thing you still have that Psycho Heal.” Custard responded.

Fluttershy smirked and looked towards Violet Horizon, Soarin’ and Riona. Riona’s broken horn was affixed with white bandages and a clear ooze seeping from the surface. She was surrounded by a smiling Monarca and Reine.

“Thank goodness you are okay, Riona! You almost gave me a heart attack when I saw your condition.” Monarca called out.

“It is very rare to see you bruised up like that. Your opponent must have been pretty tough. I wish I could have fought this guy to see how he holds up against me.” Reine stated with peaked interest.

“He’s much stronger than most Pokémon I have seen, and his tactical genius on the battlefield made it difficult to approach him. It was really a match to see how long I could last before help arrived.” Riona admitted.

Iosac and Joker hopped onto Riona’s back and sat on it. Riona’s eyes widened and her teeth gritted with shock.

“So is your back healed up from all that fighting yet, Riona?” Iosac asked with an accent feigning innocence.

“Of course it hasn’t. That’s why we are doing this in the first place.” Joker responded.

“Ummm… can you two get off me? It is already troubling enough to have a beaten body that gave rides to three other injured operatives. Do you really want to add to that?” Riona asked with fire seething in her voice.

Reine patted Joker’s back and smirked.

“Come on, Joker. Don’t have fun with any of our injured teammates. Besides, I can treat you to something even better.” Dancing her nails along Joker’s shoulders, she stated with a sultry voice.

“I like where this is going. Too bad no one will be able to read this awesome scene.” Joker said with a voice rising in arousal.

Jasmine floated into the docking bay and widened her eyes with delight. She hovered towards Iosac and grabbed his body.

“There you are! Where have you been?!”

Iosac’s eyes widened and his mouth quivered in fear. Feeling his body lifted off of Riona, he shook his arms and legs with erratic patterns.

“Help! I’m being abducted! Again!” He shouted.

Fluttershy stifled a giggle and looked towards Violet Horizon and Soarin’. Violet Horizon’s hind side is hoisted on a set of wheels and his right front leg held upon a steel crutch. Soarin’s back is wrapped tight in a series of white bandages. He smiled and leaned his head towards Violet Horizon.

“So… what did you think of your first mission? Exciting stuff, am I right?” He whispered with an enthusiastic tone.

“Soarin’, we almost died. Had it not been for Fluttershy, Riona and Spitfire, we would have suffered agonizing deaths.” Violet Horizon reasoned.

“I know. We let the ladies save us stallions… and goopy drake. But, there will be a day that we can repay that favor by saving their hinds. I just need to see Professor Pasque to see if he can upgrade my Shotgun Dual Blades with Pokémon moves and then nothing can stand in my way!”

Violet Horizon turned his head towards Fluttershy’s direction and smiled. He shifted his focus and line of sight back onto Soarin’.

“Yeah. I just hope I can repay them for their kindness.” He said with a sheepish tone.

“Speaking of which, where is Spitfire? I haven’t seen her since we fled the Everfree Forest.” Soarin’ questioned with concern brimming from his voice.

On cue, the gate to the right lifted opened. A charred Spitfire emerged from the mouth of the gate, limping with her right front leg pulling her towards her destination. One eye remained shut by its eyelids, and portions of her mane and coat singed down to half of their size. Her teeth gritted upon each other. Walking towards the center of the catwalk, her body collapsed onto the paved way.

“Commander!” Mono and Fluttershy screamed out in unison.

The two operatives sprinted towards the downed Spitfire with eyes widened in panic. Holding Spitfire in their front limbs, their hearts beat out of their chest. An aroma of an electric burn made its way into Fluttershy’s nostrils. Tears welled up within her eyelids.

“No… Spitfire, please don’t tell me you worked with electricity! Please tell me otherwise!” She shouted.

Spitfire whirred to life and gazed into Fluttershy’s eyes. A weak smile cracked on her face.

“Don’t… worry about it…” She uttered out with an optimistic tone.

Her vision blurred and the world around her spun. She shut her eyes and her head fell onto Mono’s paws. A stutter of panic emerged from Mono’s mouth.

“P-please! Somebody get a doctor! Commander Spitfire is dying!”

Author's Note:

To be continued...?

The thrilling conclusion to the last chapter... maybe.

PreviousChapters Next