• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,487 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,487

PreviousChapters Next
Self-Worth

Professor Pasque stood over a desk with eyes red with exhaustion. He looked down onto the table before him, gazing upon a sea of documents rife with tons of varying info. He blinked his eyes at a slow speed and a large yawn escaped from his mouth. Standing before a contained explosion of brilliant lights with safety goggles on, Einstein looked over his left arm and gazed back towards Professor Pasque’s body, where he wobbled to the left and right. Einstein’s eyes widened with worry.

“Professor Pasque! Are you alright?!” Rushing over towards his side, he asked.

“I’m… I’m fine. Just… peachy fine.” Forcing an exhausted smile on his face, Professor Pasque responded with half-attentiveness in his eyes.

Einstein narrowed his eyes and frowned.

“You’ve exhausted yourself, Earnest! Don’t try to hide it from me.” He called out. “Did you get any sleep?”

Professor Pasque brought his mouth wide open and exhaled a large yawn. He smacked his lips against each other and glanced down towards Einstein.

“To be truthful… not really. I would be lucky if I could find the time to rest. I am just so close to figuring out the Fairy-type genome after decoding all of the other types and I still am working overnight with Professor Gentian to find a way to bring Joker and his gang back to their world. Then… there’s the fact that I still am developing gear and…”

Professor Pasque’s eyes drooped towards their lowest possible point. His head and neck slumped down from the ground and loud snores can be heard from him. Einstein frowned and brought his left arm onto Professor Pasque’s right shoulder. Professor Pasque jolted awake and uttered out a startled noise.

“What in the name of Arceus happened?!” He shouted with surprise.

“You fell asleep again, Earnest. I’m worried about your work habits.” Einstein responded. “Don’t you ever take a break?”

Professor Pasque shook his head and yawned once more.

“Not with all the projects I’ve been buried up to my head with. Being one of the leading scientists behind these projects is definitely tough. It’s gotten to the point where I never step out of the lab and…” Stating these words, his long neck drooped down onto the table.

His knees collapsed onto the ground and his eyes slowed down to a shut. Einstein glanced towards his left and right. His eyes filled with objective desire. Glancing towards Twilight Sparkle looking through a cream-colored microscope, a smile appeared on his face. He hovered over towards her direction.

“Twilight!” He called out with a happy tone.

Twilight Sparkle glanced towards Einstein’s direction and flashed a warm and inviting smile.

“Hello Einstein. Did you need me for anything?” She asked.

“Ummm…” Einstein muttered out.

His eyes rolled towards his left and he pointed behind him, where Professor Pasque lied on the table within deep exhaustion. Twilight Sparkle peered over her shoulder. She closed her eyes, frowned and shook her head.

“I was afraid this would happen. That stubborn sauropod is working himself to death. I tried telling him to take even one day off lab work, but he is insistent on finishing the projects involving Pokémon. He just takes all the workload for himself and rarely delegates his responsibilities to others.” She murmured out with concern.

“Well… he has to take the day off now. He can’t be sleeping on the job.”

“I suppose so… Very well, I’ll talk to him.”

Twilight Sparkle stepped away from her station and walked towards Professor Pasque. Einstein hopped just by her side. Hearing the shockwaves of pounding bodies approaching him, Professor Pasque’s eyes opened with a slow speed.

“T-Twilight?” He asked with a slurred voice.

“Professor, I’m afraid that I have to ask you to take the rest of the day off. This time, I mean it.” Twilight Sparkle responded with an insistent tone.

“B-But-“

“But nothing, sir! Look at you! It looks like you never had a pleasant day of rest. I do not want to have any fatalities within this division due to work-related exhaustion. I know how important these projects are to you and how cautious you are about them, but the world will not end if you stop for just one day. Am I right or wrong?”

Professor Pasque lifted his head a foot above the table. He gritted his teeth and hummed with rumination.

“I guess not.”

“Good.” Twilight Sparkle said. “I’m sure you should get around to seeing Lith right now though. She seems a miserable at the moment.”

Upon hearing Lith’s name, Professor Pasque’s eyes sparked with alertness. He lifted his long neck off of the table and stomped the floor.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

Shouting these words, he sprinted out of the lab with the speed and power of a stampeding mammoth. He crashed through the wall, leaving a gaping hole inside of it. Twilight Sparkle glanced towards the hole in the wall and forced a smile. Her right eye twitched. She glanced towards Einstein.

“You know that wall is going to be expensive to repair, right?” She asked with a voice feigning tranquility.

“I know.”


Lith sat down at a table in a cafeteria in a remote corner far from the rest of the crowd. On the opposite side of the table sat Neptune, whose ruby glared down onto the mashed potatoes served alongside a slab of brown meat drenched in rich gravy. Lith laid her chin over her left paw and mixed her potatoes and gravy together at a somber speed. Neptune pointed towards Lith’s food.

“Are you going to consume that?” It asked with curiosity.

“I thought you fed off of sunlight.” Lith responded with a melancholic tone.

“Well sorry for not desiring for good carbons to go to waste! You’re just twirling it around and not ingesting it. Why do you even sound so depressed anyways?” Neptune responded with a sharp tongue.

Lith moved her eyes towards Neptune’s direction and deepened her frown.

“Can’t you bother someone else, Neptune? I’m not exactly in the mood to hear you out.” She requested.

Neptune paused during the moment. The gem on its body flashed with a red light.

“Hmmm… nope. You are stuck with me until you are out of your funk. Tough luck for you, am I right?”

The grip on the fork Lith had around her paw increased in pressure, bending the plastic around her smoldering grasp. Neptune shook under the incandescent flames of Lith’s stare.

“I would put up with your crap any other day, but I really am not in the mood right now. I’m serious.” Lith threatened.

Neptune hopped off of the seat and landed its spikes onto the ground.

“Well fine then! I know when I am given a cold shoulder. I’m going to see if there are any tasks right now for me.”

Stating these words, it rolled away from the cafeteria with pretentious spinning. Lith glanced back towards her food and spun it with the remaining limp of her fork. Her ears perked up at the sound of heavy footsteps approaching her direction from the opposite side of the cafeteria. Looking forward, her eyes met upon a panicking Professor Pasque, whose eyes radiated with concern and exhaustion. Professor Pasque stopped before Lith’s table and dropped onto his knees.

“Lith!” He shouted with exhaustion apparent in his voice.

“Professor! What are you doing here?!” Lith asked.

Professor Pasque inhaled deep breaths and looked into Lith’s eyes.

“I was working in the lab… never taking a break…” He gasped out. Gazing upon Lith’s frowning face and slow movement, a small frown made its way onto his face. “I heard a rumor that you are feeling a bit blue. Would you mind telling me about it? That is, if you would be willing to.”

Lith pushed away her plate and looked into Professor Pasque’s eyes. Glancing upon his exhausted form, a wave of pity washed over her.

“Are you sure you want to talk with me right now? You look as though you are about to die from exhaustion at any moment.” She asked with concern in her voice.

Professor Pasque blinked and shook his head.

“If either of my children is unhappy, then I will crawl even out of my deathbed to assure that I can make them smile. Tell me Lith; what is bothering you today?”

“Professor, no wait…” Lith paused in her tone and shook her head. She blinked and exhaled a breath of clarity. “Dad, it feels like everything I am doing is wrong.”

Professor Pasque raised his right eye upon hearing Lith’s words. Curiosity stirred within the chambers of his mind.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m not sure if you knew about this because you were stuck in the lab without much of any outside contact at all, but I’ve been put on probation for getting into a fight with another operative.” Lith explained.

Professor Pasque looked into Lith’s eyes and blinked once. A frown of disappointment encroached itself upon his face.

“I think I might need to hear more about this story, because you do not do something like that unless if there was something that upset you badly.”

“Must I really dad?” Lith asked. Professor Pasque nodded his head with a stern shake, eliciting a forlorn sigh from Lith. “I caught Rainbow Dash and Mono drinking beer. From what I’ve heard from her, she got him to do it.”

Hearing Lith’s words, Professor Pasque’s heart sunk into the chambers of his stomach, dissolved within its acids, dived into his intestines and spat back into his chest.

“I hoped that was a joke… but you are saying this with a very serious gravity in your tone.”

“Yes. I got so angry at Rainbow Dash that I threatened to kill her. Then, she told me in her drunken stupor that I never helped Mono grow up. That was when I lost all rationality and just lashed out.” Lith replied. “Dad, have I grown to be useless?”

Professor Pasque’s eyes widened upon the nature of the question. He bolted his eyes shut and shook his head. He closed the distance between his adoptive daughter and looked at her in the eyes with a warm smile.

“Whatever made that thought ever come into your mind is lying to you. You are not useless in the slightest. If anything, your time in this world as a Pokémon has given you a renewed purpose and lease in life. If anyone or anything ever makes you feel that way again, then I will be by your side ready to Freeze Dry that threat into submission.”

Hearing Professor Pasque’s words, a small smile formed on Lith’s face. She cocked her head and brought her upper paws around Professor Pasque’s head, bringing it close to her with a loving embrace.

“I know, and thank you.” She said with a perky tone. She separated from Professor Pasque’s head and looked into his eyes. “Since you aren’t busy for the rest of the day, would you like to come with me over to Fleur De Lis’s home estate today?”

“Are you not under probation?” Professor Pasque asked with a hint of worry in his tone.

“I am, but I am allowed to leave as long as I have permission from Commander Spitfire. Stereo and Sareid are going to be going with us as well. Fleur says that she has a very important announcement to make for us.” Lith responded.

“If that’s the case, then I would love to accompany you. Twilight Sparkle constantly says that I need a break from the lab anyways.”


Fleur De Lis walked down an archipelago of squares filled with verdant grasses and large houses. She glanced behind her, gazing towards Lith, Professor Pasque, Stereo and Saraid. A small smile made its way onto her face and she glanced forwards.

“It is very nice to have company, especially with two of my friends from H.O.R.S.E. Though, I didn’t expect the extra guests.” She stated.

“I promise that I would not get in your way, Miss Fleur.” Sareid responded. “But, I really would love to see samples of your art. If Stereo apprentices under yee, then I expect brilliant works!”

“She pestered me to bring her along.” Stereo answered.

“And what brings you along for the journey, Professor?” Fleur De Lis asked.

Professor Pasque glanced towards the smiling artist and flashed an even-sided smile.

“I would feel better if I accompanied my daughter today. She wasn’t feeling in the best of moods as of late.”

Fleur De Lis stopped in her tracks and glanced behind her. She gazed into Lith’s eyes, staring towards the parasitic sadness leeching off of her soul. A small frown came upon her face. She continued walking forwards.

“I see what you mean, Professor. She has the same look in her eye as I did before I traveled here.” She stated. “Well… maybe that is a bit extreme, but it is somewhat similar.”

“Can we please stop talking about me? I just wish to hear the news that you have for Stereo and I.” Lith responded with a despondent tone.

Fleur De Lis blinked and glanced towards the ground.

“Very well.”


The group stepped upon the outside of a three-story house with a black fence topped with spades that surrounded the building. All of the eyes besides Fleur De Lis’s set themselves upon the statues of two alicorns with their heads poised upwards. A fountain of water sprayed from their mouths and dropped into the stone basins below.

“Your home is very opulent, Fleur.” Lith said.

“I am not too proud of it for that reason.” Fleur De Lis responded. “But, it does provide useful space and storage for work-related supplies.”

She pushed the gate open, making a path towards her house. Chiffon stood outside of the house, adorned with a black suit and a dickey. Witnessing Fleur De Lis and the guests walking towards the house, he lowered his head and brought his left front hoof up to his chest with a bow.

“Greetings, Miss Fleur and guests.” He greeted with a warm and inviting tone.

“You do not need to be so formal around us, Chiffon. Tell me; are our guests inside comfortable?” Fleur De Lis asked.

“Certainly. I would not let any of my mistress’s guests be treated without the utmost of care.”

Stereo glanced towards Chiffon with an uneasy frown on his face.

“Why does Chiffon have to speak as though his life is on the line?” He asked.

“I have served in Miss Fleur’s family since her mother was just a filly. Call it a force of habit, but I tend to treat the friends and guests of my mistress and her family with only the utmost of respect and care.” Chiffon responded.

“So would that make you more of Fleur’s grandfather figure?” Lith asked.

A small smile appeared on Chiffon’s face. Jovial laughter echoed from him.

“You are too kind, Lith. I see myself as just a servant of her family. Anything more would be giving me too much credit.”

“Anyways.” Fleur De Lis began stating. “You do not want to keep my guests waiting, do you not?” She asked with a smile that exuberated confidence.

She pushed the door open, revealing a grand large foyer that scaled two stories alone. The walls are paved with brown-gold wallpaper and red carpeting adorned itself onto the plush blue floors. The Pokémon walked into the interior of the opulent home. Each of them besides Stereo glanced upon the portraits depicting images of white-coated unicorn mares with light red manes dancing alongside pink-coated unicorn stallions with light green manes upon white platforms above the frigid peaks of tall mountains.

“These paintings are very exquisite, Miss Fleur. Is there a reason why they are very similar to each other?” Professor Pasque asked with a tone piqued with curiosity.

“I like to draw paintings of my parents dancing above the celestial heavens. It allows me to think believe that they are in a better place doing what they loved most with each other; dancing.” Fleur De Lis responded with her voice dipping towards a silent end.

“That’s… actually very depressing. I see couples happily dancing upon these platforms above these beautifully-designed backgrounds, but knowing that these are your parents reminded me of the fact that you lost two of the most important ponies in your life.” Saraid critiqued with a small frown on her face.

“You do not need to feel sad about the misfortunes of my life, Sareid. My art is fueled by the pain I felt back when I lost my parents. Seeing as how I hid away from the carnage, I felt a bit worthless.”

Listening onto Fleur De Lis’s words, a small formed on Lith’s face.

“Could we please just see your guests, Fleur? I don’t want to hear about anyone being worthless.” Lith questioned with a hurt and hastened voice.

“That is fine, Lith. I have a tendency to rabble about these paintings anyways.” Fleur De Lis responded.

The group walked up the stairs that ascended onto a higher level. Taking a left down a hallway, the group came upon a door at the far end of the corridor. Fleur De Lis placed her right front hoof on the knob and turned it, bringing it to an open.

Stereo’s eyes widened and his mouth curved into a wide smile; behind the door are two bipedal beagle-like creatures with light brown coats and beret-like appendages upon their head. Like their floppy ears, the rings wrapped around their wrists, ankles and eyes are colored with a darker shade of brown. The two creatures grasped onto the ends of their long tails towards the ground, which were tipped with a green paint-like substance. Single smears of a green three-tipped paw are seen on their backs. Around their necks are two translation necklaces.

“Alright Kahlo, how should we paint our next piece of art?” An enthusiastic voice emerged from one of the creatures.

One of the creatures, Kahlo, formed a sharp-eyed grin on her face. She glanced towards her companion.

“I’d say we go in for a shade of blue similar to the Deep Impact coat on a car for this piece of work, Frida!” She stated with energetic glee.

The paint on their tails turned into a dark shade of blue. Both Frida and Kahlo stroked the white canvas below them with a feverish speed and their tongues held out. The group looking into the room glanced at the flurry of changing colors splotching throughout the room, covering it with an artistic mess. Frida and Kahlo stood up from the ground with smiles on their faces. They wiped their heads and looked behind them. Kahlo’s eyes widened with delight.

“Is that you, Stereo?!” She shouted.

“Kahlo?! Is it really you?!” Stereo responded back.

The two Pokémon ran towards each other with gleeful smiles on their face and embraced each other. Lith glanced towards Frida with renewed vigor in her eyes.

“Frida?” She asked.

“…Lith? Is that you?!” Frida shouted.

Lith walked over towards Frida’s side and approached her with a casual gait in her step.

“It’s a funny coincidence how you turned into a Smeargle like your partner. When did you come over to Neo Canterlot?”

Frida held out her tail and shut her eyes. The smile on her face invigorated itself with artistic vision.

“Kahlo and I wandered the primordial plains of the Terraformed Wilderness. We climbed over mountains, leaped over waterfalls and even explored the dankest of caves and forests. The creatures and scenery here are truly amazing, and inspiration flew into my mind like a plane!” She exclaimed.

Kahlo split from Stereo and walked over by Frida’s side. Her smile climaxed towards its highest point.

“Yep. This world is very stunning so far. We survived off of fruits and some of the smaller creatures we may have killed for sustenance.”

Stereo’s eyes widened upon listening to Kahlo’s words. His eyes darted towards the left and right. Anxiety filled his mind and poured out of the pipes around his body.

“Did you… actually kill some of the creatures out in the world for food?” He asked.

“That’s a joke, Stereo.” Kahlo responded. “We aren’t savages you know.”

A sigh of relief and frustration fled from Stereo’s mouth. Fleur De Lis smiled and walked between the two parties of Pokémon.

“So my intuition was correct; you all do know each other.” She stated.

“Ummm… who are you two?” Saraid asked with her right eye raised in curiosity.

“Oh! That’s right. You haven’t met them yet.” Professor Pasque responded. “Saraid, these two Smeargles are known as Frida and Kahlo.”

Glancing upon the Aurorus in the room, a smile appeared on Frida’s face.

“With a voice that warm, I only know it is you Professor. But yes, my name is Frida and this is my partner Kahlo.” Frida responded.

“When we were taken off of the Pokémon world, I was shocked when I found myself in a location that was very alien to me. I was even more shocked when I found Frida as a Pokémon!” Kahlo explained.

“The two of us are artists. We happen to have an interest in the natural world and the theory of light. We are employed under Professor Pasque to help explore this theory and see if there are any new types that can be discovered through it.” Frida explained. “We haven’t had much success in that regard, but exploring it gave us a new insight on life and techniques for our art.”

Saraid glanced towards the two Smeargles with interest gauged in her eyes.

“Please show me the fruits of your research, Frida. It would be a spectacle to witness.”

Frida glanced towards Kahlo, who gripped the tip of her tail by the long stock and pointed it upwards towards an indefinite space. Frida followed Kahlo’s example, but pointed her tail towards the wall to the right. The two Smeargles slashed a stroke towards opposing directions. The paint on their tails dropped off in the stroke of the wind and illuminated the room with prismatic sparkling. The group glanced at the shimmering globs of paint with awe in their eyes.

“Such beauty… however did you manage that?” Chiffon asked with a voice stunned in awe.

“We Smeargles have a special type of paint our body produces that can change colors depending on our emotions. As such, Frida and I devised a theory that this paint-like substance we produce is a light-based compound that we can change at will.” Kahlo explained.

“It’s very interesting, but that still doesn’t explain how you ended up coming into this city under the care of Fleur.” Lith said.

“It’s simple really; after their long journey across the land, they ended outside of Neo Canterlot. They are stealthier than you would expect, since they managed to sneak inside of the city undetected. That’s when I met them at an exhibit in the art museum and brought them home with me.” Fleur De Lis explained.

“And in case if you are wondering about how we got these translation devices, Fleur knows many of the operatives in H.O.R.S.E. She used her influence in the organization to get us these.” Frida responded.

Professor Pasque glanced towards Fleur De Lis with eyes surging with caution. Fleur De Lis shut her eyes, smiled and nodded. Professor Pasque set his gaze towards Frida and Kahlo and walked towards their direction.

“Frida. Kahlo. I am not sure on your knowledge on the condition of this new world, but this place is the only known settlement of our alien friends. They are desperately fighting against the Van’Goth, trying to survive. Had we not appeared, they would have been devastated a long time ago.”

Frida glanced towards Kahlo with an uneasy gaze in her eyes. Kahlo looked towards Frida for a moment and set her sights onto Professor Pasque’s face.

“I know what you are going to say, Professor. However, Frida and I are not interested in joining H.O.R.S.E.” She explained.

The crowd within the room shot their eyes open and took a step backwards. They glanced towards Frida and Kahlo with shaken nerves.

“Is there any particular reason for that, Kahlo?” Professor Pasque asked.

“Frida and I are both aware of the purpose of H.O.R.S.E. and how it is meant to preserve the way of living on this planet. However, joining a military organization would only go against our own beliefs. The two of us were from a war-torn region after all…”

“Kahlo is right, Professor. I mean no disrespect, but being a part of the local military will only open up some bad wounds for the both of us.” Setting her gaze away from everyone in the room, Frida stated.

Saraid glanced towards the frowning Frida and Kahlo and looked towards the other Pokémon. She shut her eyes, held up her right claws and straightened her posture.

“We should not make feel any more uncomfortable, Professor. Let us keep our tact and not pursue this issue any further.” She suggested.

Frida and Kahlo’s faces widened with smiles. A small frown appeared on Stereo’s face. A silent sigh passed from his mouth, but he forced an uneasy smile.

“I… don’t know what to say about that, Kahlo. But, as long as I could still see you around… I guess.” He muttered out.

Kahlo grinned and walked towards Stereo. She put her right front hand behind his shoulder and rubbed it with a gentle speed.

“Of course I’ll still be around, Stereo. Just because I am not a part of your organization doesn’t mean that I can’t visit from time to time. Of course… I’ll have to try my best to avoid the armory and hangar.” Laughing at the even-toned joke she voiced out, she replied.

Her words brought a genuine smile within Stereo’s face.

“So… now that we are all here, who wants to see a coalition of artists painting?” Frida asked.

“I would want to… but there are some things that I have to take care of first.” With her shoulders shaking with doubt, Lith stated.

She shook her head and sprinted away from the room. Fleur De Lis extended her right front hoof out towards Lith’s direction. Her eyelids stood wide open and her mouth hung agape. She glanced towards the rest of the group and blinked her eyes once.

“Ummm, please excuse me. I have to talk to Lith. Would you all be kind and stay here while I do that?”


Lith’s running slowed down into a calm walk. She glanced around her surroundings and found herself in another hallway towards the opposite side of the room she occupied herself in. She dropped onto her knees and looked down onto the ground. Her eyelids strained, fighting back the urge to cry. In the midst of falling into absolute ruin, her ears perked up at the sound of rushing steps heading towards her direction. She glanced behind her, eyeing Fleur De Lis.

“Are you alright, Lith?” Fleur De Lis called out.

A frown appeared on Lith’s face and she turned her head back towards the wall.

“I cause too much pain to others sometimes, Fleur. Does that make me just a hindrance towards everyone else?” She asked.

Fleur De Lis shut her eyes and let out a half-minded sigh. She placed her right front hoof on Lith’s shoulder.

“Is there something you wish to tell me Lith?”

Lith glanced back towards Fleur De Lis and blinked once. She shook her head.

“I’m just… overwhelmed by negativity right now. It seems like every time I help, I always end up screwing with everyone’s lives. Happened with Mono and my parents, then a few nights back and now I want Frida and Kahlo to join us despite messing up their lives even further.”

“Lith…” Fleur De Lis responded with a sympathetic voice.

“It’s alright, Fleur. I just need some time alone.” Lith requested.

Fleur De Lis glanced up towards the wall, where a broadsword with a blade that sparkled in silver and a hilt whose hue is bluer than the depths of the ocean stood mounted upon. A small smile appeared on her face.

“Do you have any interest in the art of the sword, Lith?” She asked with a voice containing its enthusiasm.

Lith’s eyes widened with curiosity. The feeling of sadness that gripped her heart eased itself with interest entering her mind. A smile appeared on her face.

“Of course. You may not have known this, but I have talked to several people who wielded swords when they passed through Opelucid City. Plus, the commander is teaching me how to wield laser blades right now too. Why do you ask?”

“Look in front of you; this sword has been passed down by my family for generations since my great-great-great grandmother from my mother’s side first wielded it. It is a powerful blade forged from Orichalcum and Dragonstone Ore. It was said to have been enchanted by Clover the Clever herself as a gift of friendship to my ancestor.” Fleur De Lis explained.

Lith brought her right front paw over to the blade and rubbed it along its sleek metal. A satisfied smile appeared on her face.

“Can I hold it?” She asked.

Fleur De Lis’s eyes darted towards her left and right. Her mouth contorted into a mix of puzzlement and concern.

“The sword itself is a bit unusual. The pony who enchanted it made it so that only a very few select can actually wield it. I am not sure if you would be able to wield it, Lith.” She reasoned.

“Well, that’s a bummer.” With a dejected frown on her face, Lith responded. “And it looked like such a cool sword to wield as well.”

Fleur De Lis’s ears perked up at the sound of hoofsteps striding down the hallway. She turned her head and set her sights on a lime green-coated unicorn mare with a burgundy and pink-striped mane that twisted down towards the back of her neck. Her blue eyes flashed with a sinister aura.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the heir to the rivaling family, Fleur. How have you been doing?” She asked with a conceited and unnerving tone.

Fleur De Lis’s eyes narrowed into enraged slants and her mouth shrunk with high gravity.

“I did not invite you over my home, Gemstone Wish. I will give you the opportunity for you to explain your presence here before I contact the authorities.” She demanded.

Gemstone Wish’s horn flashed with a deep blue light. A cube that contained Professor Pasque, Stereo, Frida, Kahlo and Chiffon locked up within blue chains flashed itself before the eyes of Fleur De Lis and Lith. Both Lith and Fleur De Lis’s stances faltered at the sight of their loves ones struggling within the boundaries of the chains and grunting.

“I would say that I did not expect any company for you, but that would imply that I did not know any better. As for my reasoning here, I simply just want you dead.” Gemstone Wish responded.

“Dead?! Why do you want her dead?!” With a scowl on her face, Lith shouted.

“You may or may not know this, but Fleur belong to one of the most influential families in Canterlot prior to the invasion. My family was always second banana to her family.” Clenching her teeth and clicking her tongue, Gemstone Wish explained. “My family always lamented about being beaten by this wench’s family for generations! It made me very upset!”

Fleur De Lis raised her left hoof into the air and lowered it down.

“Calm down, Gemstone. Our titles no longer mean anything in this city. You still have your wealth, so please return home.” She said with a cautious tone.

“I don’t care about whether I have my wealth or not! What I want is to repay all of the humiliation that your family had given to me for these past generations!”

Gemstone Wish’s horn shot out a blue shockwave that enveloped the room. The brilliant sparkles of Fleur De Lis’s horn and the kinetic aura around Lith’s body vanished. Their eyes widened with panic.

“What was that?!” Lith shouted.

“A spell that I’ve learned just for this occasion. It’s a spell that nullifies all sorts of energy within its field of effect. That includes magical AND whatever energy you xenos use.” Gemstone Wish explained.

Lith growled and lifted her right front paw towards Gemstone Wish’s direction. She felt not a surge of electricity travel through her paw. Her blood chilled. Gemstone Wish strutted towards Fleur De Lis’s direction and rammed her right front leg into the artist’s neck, pushing her against the wall. Fleur De Lis grunted and narrowed her eyes under strain.

“Get away from Fleur!” Lith shouted with a threatening tone.

Gemstone Wish turned her head towards Lith’s direction and flashed a nonchalant smile. She pulled out a gray-bladed knife from below her left front hoof and held it towards Fleur De Lis’s head.

“You do not have much say in this, you xeno. If you try anything, then pretty Miss Fleur here meets with a sharp death.”

Lith glanced towards the blade hung upon the wall. Her eyes filled with the flames of determination and she curled her left upper paw into a ball. She leaped over Fleur De Lis and Gemstone Wish and grabbed the blade above them. With the descending force of gravity above her, she swung the sword down towards Gemstone Wish.

Gemstone Wish’s eyes shot open and her jaw dropped in astonishment. Feeling the slice of the sword split her horn, her throat gagged any potential noise that attempted to escape. Her knife dropped onto the ground and she took a step back from her position. Lith pointed the blade of her sword close towards Gemstone Wish’s face and between her eyes.

“There is more where that came from. Try to hurt any of my family or friends again and I will split more than just your horn in half.” She threatened.

Gemstone Wish glanced towards her left, where the energy that contained her prisoners vanished. She hung her head low and frowned with defeat.


Lith sat in the cafeteria by Stereo and Saraid’s sides. Saraid patted Lith’s right shoulder with an enthusiastic smile on her face.

“Thanks for saving us, Lith. Yer heroism is something to be admired!” She commended.

“I mean, it wasn’t that special. All I did was just grab a sword and disarm a dangerous criminal. Anyone in my situation would have done that.” Lith spoke with humble wording.

“Not true, Lith. Others who would have been in your position would have frozen up! I know I would have.” Stereo injected. “You are much more important than you think you are.”

Lith’s eyes widened at the passing of Stereo’s words. A smile of blooming confidence crawled over her mouth.

“You… you aren’t just saying that, are you?”

“Listen Lith; that crazy unicorn had us chained good! If you weren’t there, then everything would have ended grim.” Saraid reasoned. “Fleur would have been dead and we would have been locked up somewhere away from society.”

The trio of Pokémon heard a series of quadruped steps approaching their direction. They turned their heads towards the source of the noise, where they gazed upon the visage of a smiling Spitfire.

“I heard what happened from Fleur. I have to congratulate you on a job well-done, Lith.” She said.

“It was an honor to save a life, Commander. But, what’s going to happen with Gemstone Wish now?” Lith stated.

“Knowing how Neo Canterlot handles this sort of thing, she’s more than likely going to get executed under the law.”

Stereo and Saraid’s hearts stopped upon the drop of Spitfire’s words.

“E-e-executed?” They both said in unison.

“Of course! What else do you think happens to any perpetrators? Lith and Rainbow Dash would have been executed had Rundas and I not pulled certain strings.” Spitfire explained.

A forlorn frown appeared on Stereo’s face. He shook his head of all the doubts in his mind.

“Wow… I know that attempted murder is a felony, but execution right off the bat? How disgusting.” Stereo murmured out.

“I’m a bit shocked that even a common criminal would be executed here. Considering my history, I’m not surprised about the thoughts of execution. But still… don’t you think that’s a bit excessive?” Saraid asked aloud.

Spitfire’s smile dropped into a concerned frown. She shook her head and gazed towards Stereo and Saraid with pleading eyes.

“I didn’t make the rules. I actually agree with you on that stance. But… we can’t afford to have any sort of rebellion in this city. You noticed how this is the only bastion against the Van’Goth, right? Take a guess what happens when this city is split against itself.”

“…We lose?” Stereo asked with uncertainty in his voice.

“Exactly. Though the methods are very extreme, they are effective with keeping everyone united under one goal.”

A sad sigh flew past Saraid’s mouth. Saraid looked towards Spitfire and forced an uneasy smile on her face.

“Well… as long as it is to keep everyone safe.”

Spitfire glanced towards Lith, who glanced towards the conversing party with interested eyes.

“Lith, did you know that Fleur De Lis sent you a parcel as thanks for saving her life? Professor Pasque has your present.”

“Wait… he does?!”

Lith leaped over the table and sprinted out of the cafeteria, leaving the operatives behind her.


Lith sprinted into the courtyard with an excited smile on her face. Her eyes met with Professor Pasque’s shape standing beside the tree in the center of the area. Her running slowed down into a walk.

“Professor!” She called out.

Professor Pasque’s eyes met with Lith. A smile appeared on his face.

“Lith! I have a package here for you. I think you will like its contents.”

He kicked a silver box towards Lith, pushing it along the ground. Lith looked upon the package with curious eyes. She lifted the top portion of the box off, revealing a sword very familiar to her alongside a note.

“This is Fleur’s family heirloom! I can’t take this.” She stated.

“Read the note inside.” Professor Pasque urged.

Lith picked up the note inside of the box with her upper right paw and read its message:

Dear Lith

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for saving my life. You truly are more of a hero than you think you are. I understand that this gift may be a bit overwhelming for you to offer, but this blade calls out to you. I know that you will take good care of it, just as you have taken good care of all the others whose destiny are intertwined with yours. I hope I can count on you to be my bodyguard in the future. After all, previous bodyguards other than my loving Chiffon do not have the power to hold to their word.

With Love,

Fleur De Lis

“It seems as though this sword deems me worthy of being able to wield it. Plus, Fleur De Lis invited me to become her bodyguard.” Lith announced. Her smile extended towards the far reaches of her face. “She actually considers me worthy enough to be her bodyguard…”

Her paw containing the letter drooped down to her hips. A void of disbelief inserted itself within the pupils of her eyes. A smile appeared on Professor Pasque’s face. He lifted his right front foot from the ground, revealing a blueprint that displayed the outline of a mecha.

“Lith, there was something else I wanted to tell you; with the help of Professor Gentian and Flash Sentry, I have been working on schematics for an exo that is personally tailored to you. I want it to fit your competitive ability out in the field.” He explained.

Lith glanced down towards the schematics of the exo and gazed upon its armored features.

“It’s very interesting… but why would you want to build a personal exo for me? I mean, doesn’t that take up a lot of time from other research angles?”

“Yes it does, but I don’t really care. I’m also building one for Mono as well, but I want to create yours first. I want you to have nothing but the utmost of protective armors so that I can keep you safe without having to be immediately by your side.” Professor Pasque answered.

“I’m not sure what to say, Professor.” Lith said.

She leaped towards Professor Pasque’s neck and embraced it with her upper paws. Feeling her warm fur plop against the flesh of his neck, Professor Pasque smiled and wrapped his neck around her body.


Gemstone Wish’s eyes opened up, bringing her forth into a darkened world with only a lamp light hanging above her head. She moved her hooves, but felt her body restrained. She looked down onto her body and gazed upon her form bound by ropes. She felt a slab of metal behind her back. She struggled and grunted.

“Come on… move!” She shouted.

She focused energy along the tip of her horn, but it fizzled away. Her eyes glanced towards her horn, where she gazed upon its split form. A frown of despair hung around her head. Her ears tuned in towards the sound of bipedal steps approaching the lone chamber she stayed in. The noise of a metallic door opening and shutting made its way towards her.

The figure hidden behind the cloak of darkness made its way underneath the light of the lamp and revealed itself under the form of Saraid. Saraid’s face formed a grin that sent chills down Gemstone Wish’s spine.

“Y-y-you’re that xeno from Fleur’s home. What are you doing here?!” She shouted.

Saraid brought her right set of claws underneath Gemstone Wish’s jaw and raised it to the point where both their eyes met.

“I was a bit surprised when I heard that committing any crime would lead to a death sentence. But… I also found out that anyone can also be an executioner if they have knowledge of the crime. I have to say that it was very embarrassing for you to catch my friends and I off-guard like that. So, I want to pay back the favor.” She said with a dark tone filled with glee.

Gemstone Wish’s stomach filled with icy maggots wriggling their way through its walls. Saraid’s left set of claws lit up with a ghastly shade of purple. With it, she jabbed an exposed portion of flesh upon Gemstone Wish’s abdomen. Gemstone Wish cried out in pain from the strike. Feeling Saraid lift her claws away from her body, a wave of illness befell Gemstone Wish’s organs.

“What… what did you do there?!” With her voice strained from the poison clamping onto her body, she asked.

“Poison Jab. Like the name says, I punch you with a poisonous punch that will slowly drain away your life force. Sooner or later, you will end up being nothing but a putrid corpse due to the bacteria consuming your body right now.” Saraid explained.

“You can’t leave me like that! If you are going to execute me, then you have to follow the proper conduct!” Gemstone Wish pleaded.

“I’m not that merciful. But… I think I will enjoy our time together.” Chuckling with a dark aura underneath her breath, Saraid responded. “tá tú réidh le haghaidh do bháis?”

“Excuse me?!” With a nervous and confused tone, Gemstone Wish asked.

“I said ‘Are you ready for your death?’”

Yellow pollen floated down from Saraid’s cap head and onto her claws. She jabbed both of her claws onto more exposed flesh around the torso of Gemstone Wish’s body. Gemstone Wish gagged from the force of the viral strikes assaulting her vital points. She felt stinging pain surge throughout her entire body.

“Please…. Stop!” She pleaded.

“Now why would I do that? The fun has just only begun.” Saraid stated.


A white-coated earth pony stallion with a red mane and a black-coated unicorn stallion with a blue mane both garbed in white stood outside of the execution chamber. Their eyes shot open from the screams of pure horror coming from the room behind them. Their stances faltered.

“What is that Pokémon doing to her?!” The white-coated stallion asked.

“I don’t know, but I want no part of it!” The black-coated stallion answered.

The white stallion let out a worried sigh.

“I hate my job.”


Saraid glanced upon Gemstone Wish’s beaten body. Glancing upon her victim’s heavy breathing and her body discolored from bruising and cellular degeneration, a sadistic grin appeared on her face.

“Please stop… I’ll do anything!” Gemstone Wish pleaded.

“I love it when my victims plead for their lives. It gives a certain sense of… sásamh. I’ve never felt like this in a very long time. So, I think I’ll keep doing this.” Saraid stated.

She jabbed Gemstone Wish’s neck with another Poison Jab. Gemstone Wish uttered out a choking noise. She felt her throat’s muscles clench themselves with inflammation.

“It hurts… it hurts…” She murmured out.

Saraid glanced upon Gemstone Wish’s body, where the bruised areas swelled with bacteria and blood.

“You know what? I think I will sit over there now. Your bruises are going to explode from a buildup of pathogens inside of it anytime now.”

“You’re cruel! You are a cold-hearted monster!” Gemstone Wish called out.

“It takes a monster to know a monster. Out of the monsters between us, at least I use my skills to protect others. That is why I feel nothing but joy about hurting another monster.” Saraid responded.

Gemstone Wish’s consciousness blurred between the planes of reality and death. She glanced upon Saraid’s wicked smile. Seeing Gemstone Wish’s festering wounds swelling to unstable levels, Saraid’s tail lit up and coated itself in iron. She leaped into the air and smashed her steeled tail into Gemstone Wish’s head.

Feeling all of the viral explosions upon her body and Saraid’s Iron Tail smash into her skull, Gemstone Wish’s consciousness faded away. The body spasmed from the sudden shock and then limped down onto the rope bindings. With a splatter of blood on her tail, torso and claws, Saraid glanced upon her kill with glee.

“Well, I guess now I should call in the cleanup squad.” She said with morbid joy.

Author's Note:

Blame Xenoblade Chronicles X for the time it took for this to come out. So anyways, it looks like Lith has a renewed destiny, Professor Pasque is working on more stuff, two more characters have been shown and Saraid harbors some dark air underneath her regal aura.

Today was a good day.

PreviousChapters Next