• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,493 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,493

PreviousChapters Next
Teacher's Assistant

Applebloom sat within the seat in the middle front section of the classroom between the desks inhabited by Sweetie Belle to her right and Scootaloo to her left. The three fillies waited with eager eyes and smiles waiting to burst with excitement. Miss Cheerilee stepped through the front door of the classroom. She walked over to her desk and cleared her throat. An enthusiastic smile curled on her face.

“Good morning class!” She shouted out with a cheerful voice.

“Good morning Miss Cheerilee!” The class of students clamored out in unison.

Miss Cheerilee sifted her mane with her right front hoof, straightening out her hair. She walked in front of the white board and looked upon the sea of students before her eyes.

“Class, today I have a special treat for you all!” She announced.

“Are we going to have another Pokémon field day?!” Truffle Shuffle asked.

“You’re half right, Truffle Shuffle.” Miss Cheerilee stated. “Pokémon are going to be joining us today because they were so well-received last time I brought them here. But, it’s not going to be a field day.”

A chorus of disappointment resonated throughout the classroom.

“But the field day was awesome!” Scootaloo called out.

Miss Cheerilee flashed a bitter scowl directed towards Scootaloo’s direction. Scootaloo gulped on a pocket of air and ducked underneath the seat cover.

“Do I need to remind you of what happened last time we did a field day involving Pokémon, Scootaloo?” Miss Cheerilee asked.

Scootaloo slinked up to her upright position on the seat and shook her head with a solemn frown on her face.

“No Miss Cheerilee.” She said with a despondent tone.

Miss Cheerilee smiled and directed her face towards the door.

“Okay girls! It’s time for you two to come in!” She called out.

Sophia and As stepped through the doorway into the classroom. Sophia wore a wide grin on her face, whereas As slinked into the room with shaky nerves and a frown on her face. Their ears met with a clamor of cheers from the students.

“They’re so adorable!” Diamond Tiara called out with a cheery voice.

“It’s a cream-coated fox-dog thing and a kitty! I want to hug them and pet them!” Truffle Shuffle called out.

Sophia and As both shared an unfathomable shudder of their bodies. They shared a glance with each other, looking into the pupils that know of the true terror coming from today. Sophia brought her right front paw to her mouth and cleared her throat.

“Yes, ummm… greetings, Miss Cheerilee’s class. My name is Sophia.” Mustering up a forced smile on her face, she introduced.

“And my name is As.” As stated with much less enthusiasm in her voice when compared to Sophia.

“Yes. Today, the both of us are going to be assistant teachers for Miss Cheerilee. We are going to help you with your work for today!” Sophia explained.

As rolled her eyes with a frown of disdain on her face. A spray of aggressive words escaped from her hushed voice.

“My name is As. Don’t ask me for anything.” She stated.

Miss Cheerilee glanced towards As with her facial muscles tensing with anxiety. A nervous cough escaped from her voice.

“Ummm, that isn’t very nice to say As. After all, you didn’t have to volunteer today if you didn’t want to.” She explained.

As narrowed her eyes and brought her sharp teeth to a close. A low-pitched growl vibrated from her voice. The growl subsided and regret filled her eyes.

“…Sorry. I am here for a reason, after all. So, I should stick to my duty.”

Sweetie Belle glanced towards As with sad eyes on her face. As’s eyes met hers, but Sweetie Belle rolled them back towards Miss Cheerilee before their sights connected.

“Alright, now that we got that out of the way, it’s time to do the roll call.”

Sophia grinned and winked towards Miss Cheerilee’s direction.

“I’ll do the roll call myself, Miss Cheerilee.” She announced.

Miss Cheerilee looked upon Sophia with stunned eyes and a face frozen with anxiety. A lone drop of sweat dripped down from her face and onto the floor.

“Ummm… are you sure that’s such a good idea Sophia? You don’t exactly know the name of all of the students in my class.”

“Of course I do! Just watch this.”

Sophia cleared her throat and pointed towards the front left of filled desks and traveled down each of the students with her left front paw.

“Pipsqueak, Dinky, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, Scootaloo, Peppermint Twist, Jetstream Rush, Majesty Wood, Zenith, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Truffle Shuffle, Rumble, Hex Flesh, Cirrostratus, Clementine, Shady Daze, Spirit Wind, Anthrax, Burst Hoof and Spike. Did I get all the students in the class?” She asked with a proud tone.

Miss Cheerilee and the students all looked towards Sophia with shock resonating through their eyes as one.

“Do you have some sort of ESP I should know about?” She asked.

Sophia shook her head.

“Nope. I didn’t evolve into an Espeon, so I can’t read their minds. I just know who they all are. Speaking of knowing who they are…” Saying these words, she waved towards Spike in the back corner. “Hey Spike! I didn’t know you started going to school.”

A smile appeared on Spike’s face from Sophia’s acknowledgement. He waved his right set of claws back in response.

“Twilight managed to get me in class around this time.” He responded. “I’m glad she did.”

As shook her head with her eyes shut, not wanting to look at the further exchanges between Sophia and Spike.

Miss Cheerilee cleared her throat once more, becoming the center of attention for all eyes within the classroom. She walked towards the board with a black marker in hoof and scribbled upon it.

“Today, we will be continuing on fractions.”

Smiles perked upon the faces of Twist and Spike. A chorus of groans erupted from the rest of the class. Sophia walked towards the left of Scootaloo’s side, whose planted her face the hardest into her desk. Sophia brought one of her ribbons onto Scootaloo’s back and rubbed.

“I could tell you have difficulty with fractions.” She assumed.

“Tell me about it! Fractions are the worst type of math! It’s like division, but even more annoying!” Scootaloo let out with a frustrated sigh.

“I’ll be here to help you understand it and even be the top student when it comes to fractions. Trust me on that.”

Scootaloo looked upon Sophia’s body. She stifled a snicker that wanted to escape from her mouth. Sophia raised an eye in confusion.

“I’m sorry, but me being the top student when it comes to fractions with help from someone that looks like she could easily win the award for cutest dog? Forget it! It’s not happening.” Scootaloo laughed out.

“Excuse me?” Sophia responded with a low tone filled with a sinister air. Her eyes lowered into scowls and she slammed her right front paws onto Scootaloo’s desk. “You think that just because I have a cute face means that I lack in any intellectual substance?! Do I need to remind you which one of us is flunking Math here?!?” She shouted with rage building in her voice.

Scootaloo’s body trembled underneath the fires of Sophia’s anger. She pointed a shaky hoof to Sophia’s enraged face.

“Y…You can be very scary sometimes.” She noted with a sheepish frown on her face.

Sophia’s muscles relaxed themselves from the anger building within them. She hopped off the desk and let out a forlorn sigh.

“I’m sorry, Scootaloo. I didn’t mean to scare you. It’s just that I absolutely despise it when others downplay any sort of usefulness I could pose because they perceive me as being nothing more than just a cute mascot.” She explained.

Scootaloo moved her head behind her shoulders and rolled her eyes to her right.

“I didn’t mean it like that, Sophia. I’m just saying that I don’t really have much faith in my math skills and nobody could help me with it. I’m sorry for insulting you.” She said.

Sophia sat upon her hind legs, shut her eyes and waved her left front hoof.

“It’s not your fault, Scootaloo. I always had a problem with handling my triggers. If you didn’t want me to help, then just say so.” She said.

“I still want your help though! But, can you truly make me the top student in fractions? Even beating out Twist and Spike?” Scootaloo pleaded.

Sophia smiled and bopped her left front paw on Scootaloo’s nose.

“I can’t do that myself, but I sense a great potential welling inside of you when it comes to learning. I will help you as much as you are willing to help yourself. Do we have a deal?” She proposed.

A small smile curved along Scootaloo’s mouth, and her eyes glimmered with hope. She nodded and set her focus on the board.


Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle stood around a black counter that housed beakers filled with liquids upon them. Applebloom knocked her right front hoof into Scootaloo’s left shoulder with affectionate force behind it. Scootaloo smiled and rubbed the back of her mane.

“It almost seemed like you were trying to hide your mathematical skill behind fake idiocy Scootaloo! You left the entire class in your dust on that pop quiz!” Applebloom praised.

“It was nothing, Applebloom. I had it all under control.” Waving her right front hoof across the front of her body with her eyes shut in cockiness, Scootaloo answered.

She opened her eyes and looked towards another black counter across the lab room where Sophia stood beside a navy blue changeling colt and Cirrostratus, talking with the two youths. A soft smile appeared on Scootaloo’s face.

“Well… it’s not all me. Sophia is really good at tutoring me.” She said.

Sweetie Belle set her gaze upon As, who watched the entire classroom with the attentive eyes of a feline. A small frown appeared on Sweetie Belle’s face.

“Girls, it doesn’t look like As is having much fun here. She’s not getting involved with the students like Sophia is.” She noted.

“Aww forget her! She’s a sourpuss that really didn’t like hanging around us at Nightmare Night either.” Scootaloo called out.

Sweetie Belle looked upon the black and white-checkered floor with scatterbrained eyes. She looked up towards As’s direction and smiled.

“You know what? I think I’m going to go invite As over to our counter.” She announced.

“Alright Sweetie, but don’t say we didn’t warn you.” Apple Bloom said.

Sweetie Belle took a deep breath in and walked over towards As’s space. As glanced down upon Sweetie Belle with vindictive eyes.

“What is it, Sweetie Belle?” She asked with an uninviting tone.

“As, I was wondering if you would want to join our counter to help us. We are working on water density.” Sweetie Belle requested.

“No.”

“No?”

As leaned her head towards Sweetie Belle’s face and formed a serious frown with her mouth.

“No. Now go back with your friends and work on your science assignment.” She declared.

Sweetie Belle grabbed As’s left front paw with her right front hoof. As’s eyes shot open with surprise flashing in her eyes. Sweetie Belle looked upon As’s face with a grin over her mouth.

“Too bad. I know that you are here as part of your request, which means that you have to help us or else it’s not going to count to your monthly request.” She explained.

A frustrated sigh passed from As’s mouth and she rolled her eyes.

“Good point. I don’t even know why Spitfire gave me this mission, but it probably wouldn’t look good on my record if I were to do absolutely nothing.” She said.

As and Sweetie Belle both reached the counter where the rest of the group stood behind. As looked over a sheet of paper upon the counter, which listed a series of different items and instructions. She scratched the top of her head.

“So… what do these things all mean?” As asked with sincere confusion in her voice.

“You mean you don’t know?” Sweetie Belle asked.

As gritted her teeth and narrowed her eyes.

“I never received an education like you three are. So yes, I really don’t know what these are.” She explained.

“I can help you learn if you want, As. We can have fun trying at least.” Sweetie Belle proposed with a cheery smile cracking along her mouth.

“Well… I guess I don’t have much of a choice in this matter.” As admitted with defeat.

The group of four looked over their station. Sweetie Belle brought a pitcher of a green-colored fluid towards the group and smiled.

“In today’s lab, we are measuring the surface tension of water and seeing if different chemicals inside of water would affect the tension of the water.” She explained.

“Uhhh… surface tension?” As asked with an absentminded tone.

“In other words, the strength of the upper part of water.” Applebloom simplified.

As opened her mouth and nodded with understanding.

“So kind of like how hard a Water Gun can hit the body of another Pokémon if I am correct.”

Scootaloo shook her head in hopelessness. She picked up a red-ballooned dropper with her mouth and placed the tip of the dropper into the solution. Squeezing the bulb, the dropper drank up the solution. Scootaloo brought the dropper above a golden bit and squeezed the bulb, releasing a drop of the solution onto the bit. The water formed a tight bond over the coin. As peered her head over the coin with eyes wide with curiosity.

“So… is something supposed to happen?”

“Not really.” Sweetie Belle responded. “We have to see how many drops of this water we can add before the bonds of the surface tension rupture. Then we record the results in our data sheet and see if our hypothesis is correct.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you could be a walking dictionary?” With her eyes rolling towards Sweetie Belle in curious suspicion, As asked.

“Yes… several times.” With a regretful frown on her face, Sweetie Belle responded. “I get made fun of sometimes because of it.”

Seeing a frown appear on Sweetie Belle’s face, a twinge of guilt struck As’s heart.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to make fun of you.” She said.

“It’s alright, As. It sounded like a compliment when it came from your mouth.” Sweetie Belle responded.

Scootaloo squeezed the bulb with her teeth, adding more of the liquid into the mound over the bit. The mound broke up, leaving a small splash on the counter. As’s eyes widened and her mouth opened in surprise.

“What happened there? The liquid just fell apart.” She asked with peaked curiosity.

“That’s what happens when too much liquid is added on a small surface; eventually, the surface tension just gives up and breaks.” Sweetie Belle explained.

“Can we do that again? I kind of liked seeing that.” With a brightened smile forming on her face, As questioned.

Applebloom scribbled down the results into a paper. She looked upon As with a smile on her face.

“We have to do this five more times with other mixtures, so of course we can do it again.” She said.

As’s heart warmed with a gentle energy stirring within its atriums. Her eyes lit up with joy and her eyes salivated with further desire.


As and Sophia sat down upon a brown-colored rectangular table with Styrofoam containers before them. Sophia opened her container, revealing a medley of colorful fruit, vegetables and white mean with black char marks on them all. Seeing the food drenched in a clear green liquid with a smell that wrinkled As’s nose, Sophia licked her fangs in anticipation.

“It looks like the chef is being good to me today!” She called out in glee.

“Ummm, what is that food?” With a nauseated gag in her voice, As asked.

“Something Mono cooked up for me. It’s an Everfree Salad with moss dressing.” Biting into a slice of grilled orange, Sophia proclaimed with a proud tone.

As opened up her tray, revealing a butter-painted crust over a pie tin that let out an aroma of fish and turkey. She smiled and licked her lower lip.

“I won’t judge. After all, not many can appreciate the heaven that is a fish and turkey pot pie.” She said with a pleased tone.

Sophia sat up from above the seat and looked upon As’s face. Her mouth curled into a relieved smile.

“It looked like you were having a bit of fun learning about science, As.” She noted.

“Fun? What are you talking about?” Chewing on her food, As asked with her eyes staring forward in curiosity.

“Maybe it’s just me, but it seems to me that you are much happier after coming out of that lab.” Sophia explained. “Did you even need me to accompany you today?”

As averted her gaze away from Sophia’s eyes and hid her smile away from the Sylveon’s line of sight.

“Well… considering you are smart, I would have felt at ease if you came along with me.” She said.

“You think I’m smart?” Gobbling three strands of meat and looking towards As’s direction, Sophia asked.

“Very smart! I’m actually kind of jealous that you have an education. Seeing how those three fillies are, it makes me wish that I grew up with an education.”

The happiness in As’s eyes petered out into sadness, and a despondent sigh passed through her mouth. Sophia cocked her head and frowned.

“Based on how your body language is, you had a terrible childhood.” She guessed.

“I had no childhood. It was that bad.” As muttered out.

“So that’s why you hate children; you’re jealous of them!” Sophia called out.

“Jealous?! What gives you that impression?!” As responded with her eyes knitted in fire.

“Don’t you see? All of these school children are living their lives in a way only your inner Purrloin could have dreamed of. These children are learning and socializing with each other. It’s like they never have to worry about anything except for getting good grades. I can’t imagine how your youth must have been like, but I could only assume that you wished the only thing you had to worry about was getting good grades.”

Hearing Sophia’s explanation shook off the iron castings of As’s mind. A smile of understanding formed upon her face.

“Alright, you got me. I’m jealous of these children because they get to live out their childhoods. Then, when I look upon you, I see what I could have been like myself had I taken your path; educated, empathetic and even having a wonderful mate without having to worry about trying to not starve.” She said.

Sophia’s face became red and a medley of anxious giggling burst from her. She hid her eyes away from As and drew circles on the seat she sat upon with her right front paw.

“Mono and I being mates? Well… that would imply that we have a sexual relationship.” She stated with a sheepish voice. “We’re still keeping it platonic.”

Picking up on the nervous body expression of Sophia, a narrow-eyed grin formed on As’s face. She leaned in above the table and into Sophia’s personal space.

“Oh? Is that so? That’s not what I saw when I see you and Mono stimulating each other.” She prodded. “I sometimes sneak inside of your abode and hear some action that would make even my face turn red.”

“Okay, we’re technical virgins. Happy?” With her eyes knitted into scowls and her front paws thrown into the air, Sophia shouted. “You try putting up with the heat of an ovulation cycle without trying to risk pregnancy.”

As opened her mouth and nodded in understanding.

“I can definitely see where you are coming from. Haven’t you ever thought of trying condoms?”

Sophia shook her head and smiled with skeptical eyes.

“Have you seen those barbs that any male feline has? An ordinary condom isn’t going to be safe when they prod into the rubber.” She said.

Sweetie Belle walked towards As and Sophia’s table with her head looking up towards the Pokémon and her eyes shimmering with curiosity.

“Is a condom something used for sex?” She asked.

Both As and Sophia jumped at the sound of Sweetie Belle’s voice. The two Pokémon’s faces lit up with the intensity of volcanic eruptions.

“Sweetie Belle! How much have you heard?” As asked.

“Enough to know that Sophia isn’t a technical virgin and that you had a crummy childhood.” Sweetie Belle responded.

“Sweetie Belle, why were you listening in on a conversation between adults?!” Sophia shouted with embarrassment injected into her voice.

“Because As is the coolest adult I’ve ever seen. I want to be like her when I grow up. Besides, didn’t you tell me to be with Spike because his girth will be able to satisfy me when we grow up?”

As glared towards Sophia’s direction. Feeling the heat and pressure of As’s anger, Sophia smiled with a sheepish shrug.

“Are you trying to get this filly knocked up in her teenage years, Sophia?! Don’t even joke around like that around children, because they are very impressionable. I would hate to see Sweetie Belle’s childhood ruined because she got curious about what you meant about those messages you give her.” As called out with a vehement tone.

“Alright, so I was being a bit immature there. But why are you acting defensively around Sweetie Belle? I thought you didn’t like children.” Sophia asked.

As glanced towards Sweetie Belle’s eyes and smiled. She set her gaze back towards Sophia.

“Because Sweetie Belle reminds me a lot of what I would want my childhood to have been like. She has a loving family, is well-educated and has a group of true friends that she can always rely on.” She began.

“Wait… you want to be like me? But, you’re so mature about everything! You can make even the toughest of stallions fall with just one of your cool gazes. I want to have that kind of power like you!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

As’s eyes darted to the left and right.

“Ummm… your sister doesn’t know about this, does she?” She asked.

“I’ve told her a lot about you. For some reason, she’s against me being around you. She says that you are a bad influence.” Sweetie Belle explained.

As pawed the patch of fur on her forehead and shook her head. Her tail descended and a worried frown fell on her face.

“So you are going against what your sister is saying then? You should be a good kid and follow an adult’s rules that she had set upon you.”

Sweetie Belle walked towards As and patted the area between her shoulder blades with her right front hoof.

“Look As; I know what Rarity says about you, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t teach me what it’s like being an adult. I want to learn from you so that I know what to do and what not to do when I reach your age.” She explained.

“You are… handling this situation better than I thought, Sweetie Belle.” As stated. “Any other kid would have just kept screaming or using terrible logic just to get what they want. But, I see reason in your words.”

Sweetie Belle grinned and hopped upon As’s seat. Holding As by her shoulders, she jumped up and down.

“Does that mean you’ll teach me how to be mature?!”

As frowned at the sudden burst of Sweetie Belle’s energy. She placed her left front paw on Sweetie Belle’s head, calming her down.

“If you keep bouncing around like that, I won’t.” She stated. “But, you already have the first step of maturity down; keeping an open mind. If you have an open mind, then you are capable of understanding the heart and would be able to read it.”

Sweetie Belle nodded with understanding. She hopped off the seat and glanced towards As and Sophia.

“I never thought of it like that. Thank you for the lesson, As. I promise that I will put it to good use.”

Saying these words, she ran off towards another table where Applebloom and Scootaloo sat. The trio of fillies looked towards each other with smiles on their faces and bit into sandwiches of whole wheat and yellow flowers. As’s heart warmed at the sight of the three. She glanced towards Sophia with a prodding smile on her face.

“So, let’s talk about your sex life again.” She stated with a sultry voice and a lack of tact.

“Let’s not.” Sophia said with her eyes narrowed and her mouth formed into a frown. “How about we talk about a bit of tutorship instead?”

“Tutorship?” As asked with a voice piqued with curiosity.

“Yep! You seem to enjoy learning, do you not?”

“Well… kind of. I mean, that surface tension lab was interesting.”

Sophia leaned forwards and flashed a sultry smile of her own. One of her ribbons reached underneath As’s chin, sending bolts of tingling throughout her nerves.

“How about I could educate you, and in return you are allowed to be with Mono and I to make our fun times into threesomes?” She said with a low and steamy tone.

“This train of thought you have; I like it.” As responded.

A loud siren blared throughout the city, garnering the attention of the two Pokémon. Their watches vibrated and flashed with red lights.

“Umm… what is that?” As asked with a worried tone.

Sophia’s eyes narrowed and her eyes flashed with a serious glint.

“It’s the invasion siren! We have to evacuate the students and bring them into the shelter!” She ordered.

Author's Note:

This chapter was a bit of a fun one to write, and it times very well with Rondo's previous chapter as well.

PreviousChapters Next