• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,494 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,494

PreviousChapters Next
A Parable of Light and Darkness

Fluttershy hovered above Gordo’s head and rubbed it with her left front hoof using quick strokes. Gordo smiled and chuckled a bit. Fluttershy smiled and held a dark green leaf in her right front hoof. Gordo took it with both of his paws and bit into it.

“See? You aren’t so bad when you are given the attention you desire.” Fluttershy said.

“You are right. These leaves aren’t half bad either.” Gordo commented.

“They are a special type of leaf that grows in the Twiluminescent Jungle continent. I had this particular one imported from there.”

“Good stuff. I should probably check to see if I could go to this continent myself. I doubt anything would dare attack me.”

Fluttershy winced and gritted her teeth through an anxious shiver.

“Ummm… they will. There are several dangerous predators there.”

“Bah! I bet none of them tienes los cojones para dolar a mi.” With a light-hearted chuckle, Gordo responded.

“Ummm, maybe. It’s nice to see that you are adjusting properly. Now it’s time to see how Inge is doing.”

A loud explosion burst from the end of the room. Fluttershy’s body jolted upwards from the sound. She dropped to the ground and ran towards the source of the noise. Inge cheered with eyes shut in glee. Next to her, Rondo stared at the broken screen with the lower portion of his beak slacking downwards.

“Yes! I got a ten-thousand hit combo!” Inge shouted.

“T-the TV! Y-y-you broke it through your playing!” Rondo noted with disbelief flooding from his voice.

“Yeah, that type of thing tends to happen when I play video games. I get excited sometimes and blow up the TV.” With a nervous chuckle and moving her right limb to the back of her head with an anxious shiver, Inge responded.

Rondo frowned and scowled towards Inge’s direction.

“You are the worst type of gamer, Inge! Dear Arceus!”

Inge shrugged her shoulders.

“Accidents happen. Good thing I am good at fixing these type of things.”

Saying these words, her body broke up into a flurry of pixels and entered into the shattered and smoking displayer on the ground. The displayer’s cracks mended themselves and the hologram displayed itself as normal. Inge materialized back into the outside world and gazed within Rondo’s widened eyes.

“That’s amazing! Why don’t we have a Porygon Z at our lab?!” Rondo shouted.

“Should’ve invested in an UpGrade and Dubious Disc! Oh, and getting a Porygon would’ve helped as well.” Inge responded.

“I see you two are interacting just well.” Fluttershy responded.

“Ummm, we are. Inge just fixed this and she’s actually really cool.” Rondo complimented.

“Thank you, Rondo. Your words mean very much to me.” Inge responded.

Twilight Sparkle wandered through the door and gazed at Gordo. Gordo stared daggers into Twilight Sparkle’s eyes. Twilight Sparkle took a step back. Her face dripped with cold sweat and her breathing stopped at the roof of her mouth.

“Ummm, would you mind not looking at me like that? It’s kind of rude and very intimidating.” She asked.

“What are you here for?” Gordo asked with a booming voice.

“Ummm… I’m here to see Fluttershy about some very important matters. It cannot wait.” Twilight Sparkle responded.

Gordo opened his mouth to speak, but Fluttershy hovered past him with a frown of concern formed on her face.

“Do you need me for anything Twilight?” She asked.

“I would like to question you about your encounter and some surprising details I discovered. Come with me to the lab and I will discuss it there.”

Gordo eyed the slight twitch in Fluttershy’s right front hoof and left eye. He saw a quick rise and fall of her chest. He frowned and curled up his paw.

“You better not make her feel uncomfortable. If you do, I’m going to beat you up.”

“She is my friend, so I have no reason to make her feel uncomfortable. So you do not need to threaten me.” Twilight Sparkle retorted.

Gordo lightened the grip on his paw and turned towards his right. A shallow grunt emerged from his closed mouth.

“Go. Do your thing.”

Twilight Sparkle nodded. She and Fluttershy took their steps outside of the room and into the hallway. Rondo flashed an angry stare at Gordo.

“You still owe me a new perch!”

Gordo flicked his right upper paw and let out a bold grunt.

“Blow it out your ass.”


Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy walked through a set of double doors. Fluttershy’s rifle remained suspended within a tube.

“What are the details that you need me for, Twilight? I hope you don’t mind me asking.” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight Sparkle grabbed the rifle through her magic and levitated it towards her. She gazed at Fluttershy with an intense stare.

“I’m not sure if you know, but you had a charm equipped improperly onto your rifle. It should be on the stock of the weapon, not the barrel.” She explained.

A squeak of surprise shot from Fluttershy’s mouth. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her front hooves.

“Ohhh… ummm, my bad. I guess my adjustment of the charm today was a bit faulty.” She said with a nervous stutter in her tone.

Twilight Sparkle pointed towards a hologram that recorded Fluttershy using her rifle out in the field. Her eyes drifted to the charm placed on the barrel of the gun. Her eyes then wandered towards Fluttershy healing Gnasher’s shoulder wound.

“Strange. This charm was set improperly all this time as well, but you still are capable of using healing magic.”

“Ummm… it could be that some of the magic from the charm was still able to find its way into the gun, right?” Flashing a sheepish smile, Fluttershy asked.

“Nope. Impossible. Using a charm that is improperly set causes a very painful self-destruction effect. You aren’t trying to hide anything from me, aren’t you?”

Twilight Sparkle’s keen eyes detected the twitches on Fluttershy’s front hooves. Fluttershy’s eyes rolled with a shine of sadness to them.

“You promise that you wouldn’t treat me any differently if I tell you, Twilight?” She asked with a sullen voice.

Twilight Sparkle’s stance faltered from the deadpan honesty of Fluttershy’s words. She blinked once. A soft smile was brought to her face.

“You are my friend, Fluttershy. Of course I wouldn’t treat you any different. You can tell me what is on your mind.”

Fluttershy held up her left hoof between Twilight Sparkle and herself. Trails of blue and yellow energy swirled skyward from it. Twilight Sparkle yelped and leaped back at the sight of the event.

“Is… is that magic you are harnessing?!” She called out with a surprised tone.

“It’s not exactly magic, but it isn’t what the Pokémon use either. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve always had these strange abilities as far as I could remember.” Fluttershy explained. “The only thing I know about these abilities so far is that I have the ability to use a light form of healing.”

“That’s amazing! Why haven’t you told anyone sooner that you can use these abilities?! It can bring some great achievements into our social setting!” Twilight Sparkle shouted with glee emanating from her tone.

Fluttershy gritted her teeth and stared into Twilight Sparkle’s eyes with an unsettling level of intimidation radiating from her gaze.

“I never asked for this, Twilight! I don’t want to be treated differently from other pegasi for having these abilities. I don’t want to be a freak who others will call unsavory names. I just want to be Fluttershy.”

“Ummm, Fluttershy, why are you so angry right now?” Twilight Sparkle asked with a descending voice.

“Because you promised that you wouldn’t treat me any different. Right after I told you, you showered me with excitement and praise.”

Steam seethed from Fluttershy’s nostrils. Her hooves became tight with anger. She looked into Twilight Sparkle’s face and saw a glimmer of betrayed sadness in her pupils. She frowned.

“Ohhh… Ummm, sorry. I didn’t mean to react the way I did. I just feel so much pent-up rage inside when someone brings it up that I sort of lose myself.”

Twilight Sparkle cracked a small smile on her face. She wrapped her front hooves around Fluttershy’s back and brought her in for a hug.

“I understand. I’m sorry for even thinking about treating you any different. If it would help you, I promise to not tell even a soul about this conversation.”

Fluttershy smiled and wrapped her hooves around Twilight Sparkle.

“You didn’t have to apologize. I’m okay with you knowing about this though. This will be our little secret.”

“But what about Riona? Her words allude to already having knowledge of your abilities.” Twilight Sparkle asked.

“That’s alright. Maybe she can help me get a better understanding of them. She seems very wise.”

Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy broke from their hug. Fluttershy’s watch sounded out a ringing beep. She touched the screen of her watch, revealing a hologram of Spitfire’s head.

“Fluttershy, I have an important mission that requires your patience and kindness. I’ll meet with you in my quarters.”

“Alright, Commander. I’ll be there.”

Spitfire nodded and her hologram disappeared. Fluttershy looked into Twilight Sparkle’s eyes and smiled.

“I think a mission will help you forget about some of those worries you have, Fluttershy.” Twilight Sparkle rationalized.

“I know it will.”


Spitfire stood face to face with a sunrise yellow-coated pegasus stallion. The definition of his muscles protruded from his gray uniform. His blue mane hung down to his shoulders and his tail is a serrated whip. His eyes are sparkling amethysts preserved away from the touch of society. A smirk appeared on Spitfire’s face. She pat the stallion’s right shoulder with her right front hoof.

“It’s nice to see that you are joining in our ranks, Violet Horizon.”

Violet Horizon returned her smirk with a wide and hopeful smile. He rubbed the back of his head with his left front hoof.

“It is a pleasure to be among the elite that will protect the lives of this city and the champions that preserve their ways.”

“You seem to be very excited for this moment, aren’t you?” Spitfire asked with a mellow voice. “I looked through your dossier and found that you are relatively young for a recruit. I was your age when I first took part of the War of Nations twenty-five years ago.”

“That’s awesome! I think. So what is my first duty as an operative of H.O.R.S.E.?” Violet Horizon said.

“I’m glad you asked. Although you had an impressive show in the written and field portions of the test, you are still a greenhorn with how we actually function. Therefore, I’m sending you a few other operatives and guests with experience for your mission.”

Spitfire looked towards the door. A sharp whistling noise rung from her curled mouth. Fluttershy, Soarin’, Riona, and Custard emerged from the doorway and walked into the room.

“So this is the new recruit you were telling us about, Commander?” Soarin’ asked with a casual tone. “He seems alright.”

Violet Horizon’s eyes widened at the sight of Riona and Custard. He walked towards them and stroked their heads with his front hooves.

“So these are the Pokémon I’ve heard so much about… I get to have them assist me?!” He shouted with a rising burst of enthusiasm.

“I can definitely see your potential and will to protect the Equusians. My name is Riona. We will get along fine.” Riona responded with a calm smile.

Looking upon Violet Horizon’s visage, Fluttershy shied her face away from him. Spitfire detected a small and shameful smile on her face. She hummed in a very low tone. Violet Horizon walked towards Fluttershy with a warm smile on his face. He waved.

“Hello, Miss. I believe I have not gotten your name.” He said.

Fluttershy jolted upwards and squeaked a shrill noise. Violet Horizon’s eyelids descended over the top of his pupils.

“Oh! I didn’t mean to offend. My name is Fluttershy, a field researcher at H.O.R.S.E. You must be Violet Horizon?” Rubbing the front of her right front hoof with her left front hoof, Fluttershy asked with a voice filled with embarrassment.

“That is correct. It seems that my reputation has reached to even those of the cutest of demeanors.”

“Ummm… yes. I’ve looked up your information after the Commander called me here. I read that you specialize in recon and field research?”

“Yes. I’ve always had an appreciation for the natural world, and I really hope that I can scope out this vast world and protect it from the Van’Goth.” Violet Horizon stated.

“Oh my! I never expected another pegasus to take an interest with the natural world. Mainly, they are all about the sky and trying to exceed their limit and head into space.” Fluttershy noted.

“Not me. I already have access to the sky, but what good is the sky if you do not have a solid chunk of earth to land on?”

Spitfire exhaled a gust from her nostrils. She approached Fluttershy and Violet Horizon.

“I would love to hear this conversation on the balance between Heaven and Earth as much as the next philosopher but you all have a mission to attend to.”

“Sorry Commander. It won’t happen again.” Violet Horizon responded.


Soarin’ and Custard walked down the path of the dense Everfree Forest. Their limbs moved with steeled caution and their sights are primed for action. Violet Horizon followed close behind the duo and looked upon them with curiosity.

“So, what are you two looking for?” He asked.

“The Everfree Forest is still one of the most dangerous places in the world even after the terraforming. We have to keep an eye out for any vicious creatures in the wood.” Soarin’ explained.

Fluttershy and Riona walked behind the group at a slower pace. Riona looked upon Fluttershy with a stern and stone-faced expression.

“I was wondering why a Pokémon of your stature ended up in being a part of a group of mercenaries. It seems a bit unusual to me.” Fluttershy asked.

“I’ve seen many evils as a Skiddo and even more as a Gogoat. If you saw them, you would be mortified that they existed. Being a mercenary may have its qualities of being evil. Compared to the evils masked by society, this job is a holy Pokémon’s position.” Riona answered.

“I never knew that your world was plagued with such evil. Why can we not help each other as fellows?”

“That would mean that we would all have to put aside our differences. You know that is not possible.”

“I know, but it would be nice…”

Riona gazed onto Violet Horizon’s backside and smirked.

“Let’s talk about how you like that young stallion in front of us.” She stated with a teasing voice.

Fluttershy’s face reddened to an apple. She hid behind her mane.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about! Forgive me for asking, but maybe you might have picked up the wrong messages?”

“I saw your body language when you interacted with him. I find it cute that you have feelings for a pony you just met.” Riona stated. “Care to tell me why? I’ve never understood the point of romance to begin with.”

Fluttershy grinned and looked upon the ground. She shook her head.

“He has a beautiful coloration pattern for his coat, and he’s a fellow pegasus that doesn’t care as much for flight like me. I felt sparks when I looked into his eyes, and it makes me feel somewhat nervous around him.”

“Ah, so those are those feelings. Mutuality and camaraderie breed understanding, and understanding blossoms into feelings of romance it seems. I see it in Iosac’s eyes whenever he looks onto Saraid. Unfortunately, he can be quite the idiot sometimes by letting his feelings distract him on the field.”

“Isn’t he entitled to his feelings? We are all animals after all.”

Riona looked into Fluttershy’s eyes with a soft frown on her face. She blinked at a slow speed and looked forward.

“Everyone is, but feelings are something very earthly. You will understand when you are older.”

“But, isn’t being earthly our purpose in this world? We are born in this world to become a part of it.” Fluttershy asked.

“Again I will say; if you have seen the evils I have witnessed in my years of living, you would not want to be a part of this world. It is a disgusting place where no good can come from.” Riona responded.

Fluttershy’s smile descended into a frown. Her mane hung below her neck with a lanky spring.

“I’m sorry, Riona, but your words are very depressing. Does that mean we are all just disgusting?”

“Not necessarily. There are those that are truly good, and those are the ones who are capable of ascending beyond the darkness of the material universe and into Pleroma. Just live your life the way you do and you will be fine.” Riona stated.

The group came upon a clearing in the forest. Custard examined the area around him and brought his watch to his face. A nervous smile appeared on his face. He faced Soarin’ and brought his upper left limb to him.

“Ummm, do you mind telling me how this works again? I’m not too good with your technology.”

Soarin’ smiled and tapped on Custard’s watch. He touched upon a revealed hologram and scrolled it until it revealed the symbol of five stars.

“You were looking for this, right?” He asked.

“Yes! I was looking for a way to communicate with Spitfire. But how did you know?”

Soarin’ shrugged his shoulders and let out a cocky grin.

“If you were in the military for as long as I was, then you start picking up on these sorts of things.”

Custard scrolled through the list of contacts on the page and touched upon Spitfire. Violet Horizon looked upon Custard with a curious glance.

“Hey Custard, what are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m handing a mission status to Spitfire. This is my first time doing so, so I’m not too good with this, so I need a bit of help.”

“Fair enough. I didn’t think a Pokémon would have much experience with technology.”

Custard grinned and wagged his upper right limb sideways.

“That’s not true, actually. Several Pokémon are already involved in divisions that require the use of technology and such. In addition, my girlfriend knows how to use a mean set of claws.”

“She must’ve scratched you with them if you say it like that.” Violet Horizon commented with a voice giddy with glee.

“Very. She can be very scary with them. My type of girl!”

A round of joyous laughter echoed between the two males.

“Yeah I think you and I will get along just fine, Custard.”

“I have that feeling as well, Violet Horizon. Now to contact Spitfire.”

Custard touched upon Spitfire’s name on the hologram. Three waves emerged from the watch and threw themselves into the infinite sky. A hologram of Spitfire’s head appeared on the screen display.

“Ah, Custard! How is your mission’s progress moving along?”

“Everything is going well. Violet Horizon is getting a feel for the environment. I just hope nothing happens to ruin our day.” Custard responded.

“Alright. Let me know when-“Spitfire’s hologram became warped. Her voice is muffled with static. The display became a mess of orange and yellow before fading away. Custard and Violet Horizon’s breaths shortened to a stop.

“Uhhh… is that supposed to happen?” Violet Horizon asked with a wary and confused tone.

“…I don’t think so.” Custard replied. “Soarin’, is the signal supposed to jam out here?”

They looked towards Soarin’s direction. Soarin’ took five shaky steps back. He had his lower lip gripped with a vice by his teeth. His green pupils shrunk at the sight of a bipedal figure before him.


“Custard! Respond!” Spitfire shouted with a loud voice brimming with urgency. She groaned and placed her front hooves onto her face. “Great. The squad is in danger. Looks like I’ll have to bail them out.”

She grabbed her black bracer and adorned it onto her right front ankle.


Wilhelm smirked and tilted his glasses with Soarin’ in his sights. He took three steps forwards and approached him at a steady stance.

“W-W-Wilhelm!” Soarin’ stuttered out.

“It seems you remembered my name. I am honored you have.” Wilhelm replied. He looked among the rest of the operatives by him. “Couldn’t you have picked a more suitable team for this mission? You brought a few newbies to confront me?”

The gears in Custard’s head clicked together and rotated. He pointed towards Wilhelm and focused a tight stare on him.

“Aren’t you the Van’Goth that communicated with Goethia when she attacked White Apple’s dairy farm?” He asked with a stern voice.

“And you must be that gooey dragon that Goethia loved torturing. You look much squishier in person than I thought.”

Soarin’ growled and pulled out his laser shotgun from his backpack. He hovered into the air and cocked it.

“Fall back! This guy is dangerous news!”

Soarin fired a blast of lasers towards Wilhelm. Wilhelm stood in place and held out his white gloved hand. The lasers directed themselves into the palm of his hand and disappeared. Violet Horizon and Custard’s eyes widened with shock.

“Is that the best you can do, Soarin’? I thought all this time since we last met would have given you a more ample strategy to deal with me.” Wilhelm taunted.

“You haven’t seen anything yet. I’m just getting warmed up!” Soarin’ responded.

He split his shotgun into twin laser blades. He flew forward and landed hind hooves first on the ground before Wilhelm. He swung his blade with a horizontal strike towards the left side of Wilhelm’s neck. Wilhelm grabbed the blade with his right hand and stopped it. The color in Soarin’s face faded away and his breath is robbed of response.

“What’s the matter? Surprised that I can grab this? Then you are going to love what I do next.”

Wilhelm crushed the blade with a squeeze of his hand. The shards of light fell onto the ground and dissipated into nothingness. He then launched a strong punch towards Soarin’s left shoulder, knocking him on the ground.

“Soarin’!” Violet Horizon shouted.

“V-Violet Horizon… stay back! That is an order!” Laying down on the ground facing him, Soarin’ commanded.

Wilhelm thrust his foot onto the middle of Soarin’s upper back, shattering the vertebrae there. A loud scream resonating with pain launched itself out of his mouth. A gnarled smile curled onto Wilhelm’s face.

“It isn’t so bad, Soarin’. All I did was just step on your back, or are you Equusians much more pathetic than what I accounted for? Regardless, I will enjoy doing this.”

He crouched down and brought his right hand towards Soarin’s right front leg. He brought his right foot onto the middle of Soarin’s ulna.

“He’s going to break his leg! I can’t allow that to happen.” Custard said to himself.

He fired a Dragon Pulse towards Wilhelm’s back, which exploded upon impact. Wilhelm chuckled and turned towards Custard.

“Are you trying to get yourself killed, my gooey friend? That was one of the dumbest things you have ever done in your life.” He stated.

“I don’t care! I won’t let you hurt Soarin’ any longer.” Custard responded with defiance.

“Custard! What are you doing here?! Get out of here! Save the squad!” Soarin’ ordered.

“I’m afraid that’s impossible, Soarin’. You see, he wants to die a slow and excruciating death. I can give that to him.” Wilhelm stated.

Custard unleashed a Flamethrower from his mouth that engulfed Wilhelm’s body. Wilhelm walked through the tongues of biting fires. Custard’s nerves shook upon seeing how Wilhelm showed no reaction at all.

Wilhelm pulled out a knife coated with a pink liquid. He threw it into the air above Custard and leaped at teleporting speed. He dove down to Custard and stabbed him below the left shoulder.

Custard’s eyes widened at the sensation of his flesh being penetrated by the blade. He felt his slime drying up from his body and solidifying into a hard and colorless shell. His nerves screamed with the sensation of fire eating away at them. His body felt limp and unable to move. Wilhelm pulled out his blade.

“You see, I come heavily prepared with ways of dealing with various beings. What I just stabbed you with is a blade containing a poison found in this world that quickly dries up flesh to the point where you can’t move. Because you are an aqueous being, I am sure that you are in incredible pain right now.”

Violet Horizon soared through the air and tackled Wilhelm into the ground. He leered into Wilhelm’s eyes with a violent stare. He pulled out a knife from a bag from flank side and brought it to his neck.

“I’ll give you the count of three to give me the antidote for that poison, now!” He shouted.

“Silly, misguided Equusian; you really think you have the battle won just because you are on top of me? The battle is far from over for me. On the contrary, I believe that this is checkmate.” Wilhelm stated.

Violet Horizon lifted an eye open in confusion. He felt Wilhelm’s gloved hands grasp his right front ankle and squeeze it. The intense pressure elicited a grit of Violet Horizon’s teeth. Wilhelm smiled and brought the squeeze into a sinister maw. Feeling the gooey rush of liquids through his joint and his hoof torn apart, Violet Horizon succumbed to his pain. He screamed loud enough to rupture eardrums.

He dropped his knife and flew off of him. Wilhelm leaped into the air and grabbed Violet Horizon’s right wing. With it in his grasp, he chucked Violet Horizon down onto the earth, shattering the ground and causing a crater. He dropped onto the side of Violet Horizon, crouching by his side. Violet Horizon growled in defiance against his attacker.

“You may batter my body, but you will not break my spirit!” He shouted.

“I love it when you put up a fight. It makes it much more satisfying to me when I listen to the screams of your spirit broken through your physical pain.”

Saying these words, he stomped on Violet Horizon’s left hind knee, causing it to dislocate from place. A roar of pain escaped from Violet Horizon’s voice.

Fluttershy winced and looked away from the area. She looked into Riona’s eyes with pleading irises.

“We have to help him, Riona! We have to provide them with immediate aid!” She shouted.

“Our commanding leader here told us to stay away from this guy. Did you see what he did to Soarin’, Custard and now Violet Horizon?! Escape would not be a cowardly option when faced against a foe whose power is much greater than our own. In fact, it is borderline suicide to approach him at this point!” Riona reasoned.

“I don’t care! I have to save the team from this monster!” Fluttershy declared.

Riona sighed and shook her head.

“Fine, but I’m fleeing when you die. Is that alright?”

“Thanks, Riona.” Fluttershy responded with a happy sigh.

Wilhelm stomped on the middle of the right hind fibula of Violet Horizon. He brought his right hand over to the ankle of the same leg.

“D-do what you want with me, but stop hurting the others!” Violet Horizon stammered through his gritted teeth.

“You sound like you actually care for your allies. After I am done with you, I’ll make sure you will die last so that I can see that broken look in your eyes.”

Wilhelm lifted Violet Horizon’s leg upwards with his right foot anchored onto the fibula. He pulled on it and felt the bone bend against his will. His sharp-toothed grin filled his entire face upon hearing Violet Horizon’s grunts of struggle and groaning.

The pop of a snapped bone shot throughout the forest.

Author's Note:

So Wilhelm finally makes his physical appearance in action... after over thirty chapters of just appearing. What a way to make an entrance.

I'm also contemplating on tagging this fic as 'Dark' now, mainly because this fic is only going to keep increasing in grittiness. I don't know, but should I do so?

PreviousChapters Next