• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 3,554 Views, 24 Comments

Accelerated Dash - Wildcard25



When a boy band lands in Equestria and bonds with magical musical gems, they must use the magic of song to protect the land from musical tyrants.

  • ...
9
 24
 3,554

The Good Siren

In the Siren's land, Lapis and the Siren trio were busy practicing vocals. When they finished, Ballad spoke, "Good job, girls. Our next performance will be a hit."

"Aren't they always?" Presto asked.

"True, but remember we sing as a quartet now. The ponies of Equestria stand even less of a chance now more than before."

"But what about the boy?" Tempo reminded Ballad.

"Please. They pose no threat to us. Besides, we have something they don't have... A bargaining chip." she motioned to Lapis who stood by them with no sense of free will.

Lapis turned to Ballad, "I'll do whatever you wish of me, Ballad. As long as I become a star."

"And you will, Lapis. Once your brother and his friends are out of the picture." she promised.

"Good. If you three don't mind, I think I'll take a walk." Lapis said.

"Don't wander far." Tempo warned her.

"It can be dangerous out there." Presto added.

"I'll be fine." Lapis said, as she left.


Lapis walked the beach while looking out into the water, and thought, 'My brother was always the one whose talent was noticed and respected. But not me. When this is over they'll see once and for all I truly deserved to be the star in the family." she began vocalizing as her gem glowed.

Meanwhile out in the ocean on top of a rock was a green siren that bore the appearance of a male. He was resting peacefully until the vocalizing of Lapis caught his ear. He lifted his head up and said to himself, "What an amazing voice. But it doesn't sound like one of my own," he looked in the direction of the shore and saw a figure standing on the beach, "That must be it." he dove into the water and swam for the shore.

As Lapis took a breath from her vocalizing she squinted her eyes seeing something in the water coming right towards her. Suddenly jumping out of the water like a whale was the siren who had been observing her. Lapis fell on her butt in shock, as the siren descended onto the beach. When he noticed the startled look on Lapis' face he spoke, "Oh, I'm so sorry for startling you, my dear. I've always been known for my grand entrances." he chuckled.

Lapis spoke up, "You're... a siren."

"Of course."

"But you're a boy."

The siren raised a brow in confusion, "So?"

"Sorry, it's just I haven't seen a male siren before."

"Well, the lady ones like to get out more so they can flaunt their voices more than we males do. My name's Allegro by the way."

"Lapis. Lapis Lazuli."

"Lapis, a very alluring name," Allegro began, "Forgive me, but I've never seen anything like you before."

"I'm a human."

"Human? We don't have those here in Equestria."

"Yes. I've heard that countless times."

"Forgive me for intruding but I couldn't help but overhear your charming voice. You've got quite a talent." Allegro said.

"Thank you, Ballad, Tempo, and Presto feel the same way."

Allegro suddenly bore a look of worry, "Ballad, Tempo, and Presto?"

"Yes. They're the three sirens who're helping me reach my goal."

"And what goal is that?" Allegro inquired.

"I want to be a famous pop star like my brother and his friends."

"I see. And your brother and his friends are pop stars here in Equestria?"

"Not really. They're mostly famous in our world as Accelerated Dash, but they were brought here and are slowly becoming infamous for their singing."

"Interesting. And your three siren friends are looking to help you be more like them?"

"Better than them. Because they've given me this." Lapis motioned to her gemstone.

Allegro looked at the stone and was in surprise, "You bear a gemstone pendant like we do?"

"Yes. And so do my brother and his friends. But I will show them. Damien, Zeck, Tyler, Josh, and Derek I deserve to be a pop star as much as they do." her eyes flickered green before returning to normal.

Allegro seeing Lapis under siren control spoke, "Lapis, you should take my words to heart. You don't wanna get mixed up with sirens like those three."

"Why not?"

"Because they only wish to make every pony of this land worship them so they can use them as their servants."

"Aren't you just the same?" Lapis questioned suspiciously.

"I am different. I do not use my voice to spread disharmony and conflict among the land's population. I use my voice to bring joy and happiness. Sirens may have fed off negative energy from before in the past, but I learned to feed off a different kind of sustenance. Something positive and happy."

"Like my brothers gemstones." Lapis realized.

"Yes. Theirs and yours are in fact products of my gemstone created thousands of years ago by Starswirl the Bearded. But yours fell under control of those three who've corrupted it making it more like theirs. I can help you, but you have to fight their hold on you." Allegro pleaded.

"Fight?" Lapis asked, as the sirens hold was starting to break, until the two were interrupted by the arrival of the three.

"Lapis, what's going on here?" Ballad demanded, until she looked ahead seeing the siren who was with her, "Allegro? You filthy treasonous siren!"

"Why're you here?" Presto demanded.

"I learned you three have once again been up to no good. It's bad enough you turn so many ponies on each other, but taking advantage of a child's pain?"

"We are helping her with her goal." Tempo answered.

"More like using her. But I will not allow this t go on. Starswirl may be gone, but his creations still exist. And I will make sure they put an end to you."

"We'll stop you!" Ballad warned him, as the three sirens let out screeching shock waves at Allegro, who countered with his own.

As the three tried overpowering the good siren, Allegro knew this wouldn't get them anywhere. He looked at the ground and got an idea. He shifted his voice downward to the sand causing it to blow around the trio blinding them, "Can't see!" Presto groaned.

Allegro quickly dove back into the water and swam for it. When the sand cleared, the trio saw no sign of him, "He's gone!" Tempo gasped.

"What do we do now? Presto asked Ballad.

"There's no way we can find him now. He's a fast swimmer. We'll just have to keep our guards up. And as long as we still have Lapis and her gem, we'll be worshiped by all of Equestria in no time." she smirked, while holding Lapis close. Lapis looked at Ballad looking like she was partially free of the siren's hold, but didn't have enough free will to try and escape.

Meanwhile, Allegro was swimming through the ocean as fast as he could with one thing on his mind, 'I can't let those three rule all of Equestria. I promised Starswirl I would make sure my kind never got out of hand. But my power alone won't be enough against all three. Which is why I think it's time I found this band Accelerated Dash.' he thought.

Author's Note:

And now enters a new siren who's not as bad as the sirens Twilight has met in both the human world and in Equestria. Can he help the boys in recovering Lapis and defeat this insidious trinity?