• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 3,555 Views, 24 Comments

Accelerated Dash - Wildcard25



When a boy band lands in Equestria and bonds with magical musical gems, they must use the magic of song to protect the land from musical tyrants.

  • ...
9
 24
 3,555

The Band Showdown

The next day around late afternoon, each of the girls were paired off and scoping out the spots in Las Pegasus where the Siren Trio would surely be spotted. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were at Trotting Park, Rarity and Pinkie Pie were at Celestia's Palace, while Applejack and Allegro were at the Horseshoe Resort. All three groups were keeping an eye out, while occasionally Rainbow Dash would get distracted by whatever game booths were going on, while Pinkie would be tempted to sneak off to the food court from time to time, and Rarity would occasionally get distracted by the various clothing shops. They could only hope the sirens would make their appearance soon before they'd die of boredom.

At the hotel, Twilight and Spike were waiting around with the boys who were kicking back or enjoying some food. Twilight turned to the humans, "Hear anything from Allegro?"

"Nada." Zeck answered.

"And we've got no word from the others either." Spike noted.

"Bummer." Derek replied, as he took a drink of water from a bottle.

Twilight looked at the boys and disbelief, "How can you guys look so calm when we got an inevitable fight closing in?"

"We understand that, Twilight." Zeck replied.

"But sometimes fretting over it only ends up distracting you." Josh added.

"Which is why we're making sure to keep cool heads about it." Damien put in.

"Wish I could be that calm." Twilight sighed.

"Don't we all." Spike replied.

"Hey, guys," Lapis' voice came. The group looked and looked amazed as Lapis stood in her new performance costume redone by Rarity and her.

Her outfit was now a dress with a mix of dark and light blue like the water, a black skirt with white water rippling patterns, blue tights, and her black platform shoes. She did a little spin and posed, "How do I look?" she asked.

Damien answered, "Like a true pop star."

"You and Rarity did some neat touch ups." Zeck admitted.

"Thanks. Hope I do good when we perform." Lapis hoped.

"You'll do fine." Damien assured her.

"Yeah, girl. With us at your side, you got nothing to fear." Tyler added.

"Thanks, you guys." Lapis smiled.

Suddenly zipping into the room was Rainbow Dash, "Guys!" her sudden appearance made the boys fall backwards, before picking themselves up.

"Rainbow, I told you I hate it when you do that." Damien warned her.

"What's up, Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked.

"Big news," Rainbow began, "Fluttershy and I saw the sirens coming right towards the park. I told Fluttershy to lay low so she wouldn't get brainwashed."

"This is whack. We better get over there right away." Zeck said.

"I'll get the others and have them meet you there." Rainbow said, as she flew off.

"All right, guys. Gather around me." Twilight said, as Spike and the humans gathered around her. Twilight used her magic to teleport them to Trotting Park.


When they arrived, they looked around seeing many pony tourists were zombie walking to somewhere, "Where are they going?" Tyler asked.

"Where the sirens call is coming from." Josh answered.

"Where's Fluttershy?" Spike asked.

"Over here." came her voice.

They looked over seeing Fluttershy was disguised as a tree. Damien raised a brow, "Fluttershy, why're you dressed like a tree?"

"Rainbow told me to lay low, and I felt if I disguised myself as a tree the sirens wouldn't see me." she explained.

"Well, I think you make for a convincing tree." Derek admitted.

"Thank you." she smiled sheepishly.

"The others better get here soon." Zeck said in worry.

"Hold your horses, Zeck. We're here." Came Applejack's voice.

They saw their Honest friend, and the rest of the group hurry over, "We came as soon as Rainbow Dash found us." Rarity explained.

"We follow this trail of ponies we'll find them." Allegro said.

"Then let's end this." Zeck said, as the group followed the tourists.


Meanwhile, the trio were on the stage set up vocalizing making all the tourists fall under their spell. Ballad looked around seeing the huge crowd, "We got them in our grasps, girls. Let's keep this up." they continued vocalizing, until they were cut off by an even more power vocalization.

They three saw it was Accelerated Dash using the powers of their gemstones to break the spell on all the tourists. The boys and Lapis climbed onto the stage, as Zeck spoke to the trio, "We're not going to let you continue to do as you please."

"You're hurt enough ponies with your tricks, we won't let you hurt anymore." Damien added.

"You boys are really becoming an annoyance." Tempo voiced her irritation.

"We're the annoyance?" Derek asked with a laugh, "That's hilarious coming from you three."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Presto asked.

"You three have been annoying plenty of ponies by trying to brainwash them and feeding off their negative energy." Tyler replied.

"It's nothing personal," Ballad began innocently, "Ok, it is personal, but we can't help we were born to feed off negative energy."

"Allegro learned to feed off positive feelings like our gems do." Zeck noted.

"So why can't you three?" Lapis asked.

"Because negative energy is so delicious." Ballad licked her lips with delight.

"Well, we're still not going to let you use your voices for such evil." Josh warned them.

"None of us will." Twilight said, as she and her friends backed the boys up.

"Then let's settle things here and now." Ballad said, as they began vocalizing again and singing.

Zeck turned to his pals and Lapis, "Let's turn it up Loud, Accelerated Dash!" The boys and Lapis caught on and began to sing.

As the two sides clashed musically and vocally, the tourist ponies kept switching from being possessed to un-possessed. Pinkie spoke, "Boy their powers sure are clashing."

"Indeed," Allegro agreed, "This will truly prove once and for all if all sirens and not just myself can truly use our gift for good." he watched the boys and Lapis sing like they've never sang before.

The boys and Lapis continued to sing with all their heart and soul, while the trio were determined to win. When the boys started backing down feeling as if the sirens were overpowering them, Lapis knew her brother and his friends were in trouble. She took Damien's hand and smiled at him. Damien smiled back with his spirit restored, and took Zeck's hand to give him strength as well. Zeck took Josh's hand who took Derek's and then Tyler's. The six stood side by side and resumed singing.

Suddenly the sirens and the mane six watched as the six humans were surrounded by a light that matched the color of their gems. The trio were in shock, as the six gems emitted a beam of light that flew all around the audience before coming back and combined above the band. Suddenly appearing above them was what appeared to be Starswirl the Bearded made from magical energy.

Twilight and her friends gasped, as Allegro smiled, and thought, 'You left a piece of yourself in each of the gems, didn't you old friend?'

Needless to say, the siren trio were in shock, as Ballad gasped, "Starswirl?" The entity said nothing as it aimed its horn at them and started assimilating the energy from their gems as they screamed. The trio then fell to the ground, as Starswirl dispersed into magic that was assimilated back into the boys and Lapis' gemstones. They ceased their singing and looked down at the sirens victoriously.

The sirens got up and looked down at their gemstones seeing they've gone black, "What happened?" Presto asked in worry.

"The magic from your gems have been drained dry. And no amount of trying to steal negative energy will help you." Allegro spoke up.

"Don't you three see?" Twilight asked, "Stealing magic and feeding off ponies negative feelings only caused them pain and suffering. And now you three are the ones to suffer now that you can no longer feed off it."

"But what do we now?" Tempo asked feeling scared.

"Without our ability to feed off energy we'll starve." Ballad feared.

"It doesn't have to be this way." Zeck answered.

"It doesn't?" Tempo asked curiously.

The boys shook their heads, as Lapis spoke, "You can still learn to use your magic to spread kindness and happiness just as we can. And Allegro."

"But what if we're incapable of it?" Presto asked with doubt.

"Anypony is capable of changing." Twilight answered.

"Even you three." Damien added.

"Give it a try, and you may see a new light." Allegro encouraged them.

The trio looked at each other before sighing, and Ballad spoke, "Well, what've we got to lose?" they turned to face the crowd looking nervous. They pulled it together and began to sing.

As they sang with positive thoughts, those feelings of happiness made their gems glow again. The group watched in awe as the audience clearly felt empowered by their happiness. Allegro smiled, and thought to himself, 'Starswirl, if only you could see them now.'

When the trio finished, the audience cheered and applauded on the double performance between them and Accelerated Dash. Presto gasped and spoke to the two, "Do you hear that?"

"They love us." Tempo gasped.

"And we don't even have to brainwash them." Ballad said in disbelief.

"You see it now?" Zeck asked, "When me and my boys sing we do it to please the audience, not to gain attention."

"Hearing their cheers because of how pleased they are makes us feel good in return." Josh added.

"I admit it felt good to make them happy instead of thinking of ourselves." Ballad admitted.

"So does that mean you'll start using your magic for good now?" Lapis asked.

Ballad smiled, and answered on behalf of herself and her partners, "Yes. We'll start spreading happiness with our singing from now on. Just as Starswirl wanted us and our kind."

"Good to hear it." Allegro smiled, as he and the girls wet up to them.

Zeck and Ballad shook on it, as the audience applauded. Zeck turned to the audience and announced, "Goodnight, Las Pegasus!"