• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 3,555 Views, 24 Comments

Accelerated Dash - Wildcard25



When a boy band lands in Equestria and bonds with magical musical gems, they must use the magic of song to protect the land from musical tyrants.

  • ...
9
 24
 3,555

Canterlot Concert

Author's Note:

Hi, guys. It's been a long time since I worked on this. But never the less I have returned and am ready to continue.

After the boys declared Canterlot would be the first stop on their Equestria tour, Twilight had sent word to the Princess about the idea. She eventually got a reply giving her the ok and would provide them with a stage and everything.

Soon they were brought to Canterlot where Celestia set them up in their own quarters. The princess of the sun showed the boys into a suite with a bed for each of them.

"Whoa! You're really letting us stay here?" Derek asked in shock.

"As guests in Canterlot and friends of my closest subjects I felt obligated to accommodate you." Celestia answered.

"Thank you very much, Princess." Josh thanked her.

"You're welcome, boys."

"So how're the preparations for the stage coming along?" Zeck inquired.

"Should be completed by tomorrow."

"That's good to hear." Damien replied.

"Well, boys, let's go to my Canterlot shop and we'll get you boys outfitted for your concert." Rarity suggested.

"Lead on, Rarity." Tyler said, as the girls showed the boys out.


Soon the ponies were leading the boys through Canterlot, as they band was taking in all the cool sites.

"What a city." Zeck said in awe.

"Everywhere you look ya see someone upper class." Damien added, while noticing all the well refined ponies.

"That's what Canterlot's loaded with." Applejack noted.

Josh's eyes darted around, while noticing all the ponies giving them looks, "Honestly this land of yours is filled with ponies, dragons, griffons, and just about every other type of mythological creature. You'd think they'd have a more open mind about this."

"Creatures that haven never even been seen or found in Equestria are very rare. You really can't blame them for their reactions." Twilight replied.

"Don't worry, once they listen to us perform they'll be welcoming us with open hooves." Zeck assured.

Damien noticed ponies such as Jet Set and Uppercrust glance at them before sticking their chins up acting like total snobs, "For our sakes, let's hope you're right."

"So where is this place you're taking us too?" Josh asked Rarity.

"My own boutique here in Canterlot. I call it Canterlot Carrousel. At first I was left to run it, until I passed management off to my manager Sassy Saddles after showing her the importance on the rules of Rarity." the unicorn smiled, much to the boys confusion.

"Well, Rarity and friends, a jolly good day to you all." came a voice that the boys recognized sounding similar to John Cleese.

They looked and saw walking over was Fancypants and Fleur, "Fancypants! Fleur! What a pleasant surprise." Rarity greeted them, along with the others.

"Indeed," Fleur agreed, "What brings you all to Canterlot on a day like this?"

"Well, we've come here to help outfit some new friends of ours for an event they'll be putting on right here in Canterlot." Rarity explained.

"New friends you say?" Fancypants inquired.

Twilight motioned the band forward as they presented themselves. Needless to say both ponies were astounded by their appearances.

"Oh, my. This is a surprise." Fleur said in amaze.

"Quite so." Fancypants agreed.

"Boys, let me introduce you to Fancypants and Fleur." Rarity introduced them.

"Charmed, my boys." Fancypants greeted them.

Rarity turned to the band, "Now, boys, be good gentlemen and say hello."

"Oh, right," Zeck nodded, as he spoke, "My name's Zeck Vangour. It's a pleasure to meet you two."

"I'm Damien Lazuli."

"Derek Cole."

"My name's Tyler Flynn."

"And I'm Josh Gale."

"Well, if you're all right by Rarity or Princess Twilight that's more than enough reason for you to be all right by us." Fancypants said.

"Indeed," Fleur agreed, as she walked circles around them, "I'm not sure what you boys are, but you're certainly quite handsome." she leaned in close to Josh who started looking flustered.

'It's like being flirted with by a supermodel.' Josh thought, while shaking.

Fancypants spoke up, "And did you say they were here because of an event they were putting on?"

"That's right," Twilight confirmed, "These boys here are a pop star group. Accelerated Dash."

"Very clever." the unicorn admitted.

"And we're having a concert tomorrow in the castle at eight." Tyler explained.

"Hmm, well, we might have to swing by and see it for ourselves." Fleur said as Fancypants nodded.

"Really?" Zeck asked.

"No offense, but we didn't know upper class ponies would be interested in our brand of music." Damien said.

"None taken," Fancypants answered, "And we're not like all of the upper class ponies you've might've noticed. We keep an open mind in what is all the rage in both our class and all other classes."

"Well, good to know." Josh said.

"So then we can be sure to see you both there?" Zeck asked.

"Wouldn't miss it." Fleur winked.

"Well, we look forward to seeing you." Tyler said.

"Yes. Well, sorry to cut this conversation short, but we must be going." Rarity spoke up.

"Of course. We'll see you all later." Fancypants said.

"Bye." the group bid farewell and pressed on.

Damien to the group, "Now those were some of the nicest rich ponies I'll probably ever meet here."

"Yes, I myself was quite surprised to find out they cared about all ponies regardless of their class." Rarity admitted.

"Well, we're here." Applejack said, as they stopped outside the boutique.

"Nice place." Josh admitted.

"Thank you," Rarity replied, "Well, let's go in."


They went inside, as Rarity called to her manager, "Oh, Sassy Saddles!"

The pony looked over, "Rarity, how wonderful to see you," she went over and embraced her, "How's business in Ponyville?"

"Couldn't be better."

"So what brings you and your friends here to Canterlot?"

"I've come in because I have new friends who're in need of outfits for their concert tomorrow."

"And who might these new friends of yours be?" Sassy wondered.

"That would be us," Zeck approached, "I'm Zeck. This is Damien, Josh, Derek, and Tyler. We are Accelerated Dash."

"Oh. Well, nice to meet you boys. I'm Sassy Saddles. Welcome to Canterlot Carrousel."

"These boys are in need of outfits best suited for them in their concert, and I feel the material and tools here would be best suited in making them." Rarity explained.

"Say no more. I'm way ahead of you." Sassy levitated some fabrics and tools.

"Excellent. Boys, we got work to do." Rarity stated.

"Bring it on." Zeck said, knowing they were used to this with their own fashion designers.

And so Rarity and Sassy were putting their minds together in designing the outfits for the boys to wear, while Twilight and the rest were assisting them. With the boys giving the fashion pony their own two bits on what they'd like to wear that gave them some helpful ideas.

About three hours later, Twilight and the girls were sitting down before a display stage. Rarity and Sassy stepped forward, as the pony of generosity spoke up, "Girls and Spike, may we introduce to you the band Accelerated Dash with their new threads!" the two unicorns used their magic to open the curtains to reveal the boys.

Their attires were all silver and white and had a reflective like surface on the silver parts. Though each of them had different upper clothing. Zeck had a silver sleeveless shirt and sunglasses, Josh had a white shirt with a silver opened short-sleeved shirt over it, Tyler had a short sleeved silver shirt, Derek wore a long sleeved white shirt with the sleeves being silver, and finally Damien wore a white shirt with a silver opened long sleeved jacket, and a white hat on his head.

The five posed for the girls and Spike, before Derek spoke, "What do ya think?"

"So silvery." Pinkie stated as the others approved on the look.

"Thanks. This is a great look." Josh said.

"You did great, Rarity, and you too, Sassy." Damien told the two.

"It was our pleasure, Damien." Rarity said.

"I'll make sure these outfits are delivered to the castle for you." Sassy added.

"See that you do." Zeck replied, as the boys went to change back into their regular clothes, "Well, this is done. Now we have time to check out the rest of Canterlot."

"We'd be happy to show you more." Twilight said.

"Then lead on." Tyler said.


So the group left the shop, and continued on with the girls showing the boys more of Canterlot. Twilight was currently showing them the school she attended while learning under Celestia.

"So you learned all you could about magic here?" Zeck asked.

"That's right. Though I didn't actually have many friends here." she admitted sheepishly.

"Because at the time she didn't know too much about it." Spike put in much to Twilight's ire.

"Makes sense," Josh admitted, as he looked in the school windows, "Seeing this makes me long for the old school days."

"I hear ya," Tyler admitted, "Phys Ed was my favorite period."

"But most of the time these days we get hired tutors." Damien explained.

"You actually miss school?" Rainbow asked in disbelief.

"Yes. Well, the homework and tests not so much." Derek admitted.

"But the to be with our friends and others regardless of how it is, that's something we can't do as much as before." Zeck explained.

"A sacrifice for this kind of life." Josh finished.

"Twilight!" came a voice.

The Princess and the others looked over and saw coming to them was Twilight's old school filly friends Minuette, Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine, and Moon Dancer.

"Hi, girls. It's good to see you all." Twilight greeted them, as Minuette brought Moon Dancer over to the boys.

"See, Moon Dancer? This is them."

"Yeah. These are the boys we've told you about." Lemon Hearts added.

"Meet Accelerated Dash." Twinkleshine finished.

Moon Dancer studied them, as the boys looked at her as if they were seeing double of Twilight, "So you're the human band from Ponyville?"

"That'd be us," Zeck answered, "I'm Zeck. This is Josh, Damien, Derek, and Tyler."

"Well, it's nice to finally meet you boys. The girls have said so much about you."

"Have they?" Damien asked, while glancing at the three unicorns.

"Oh, yes. Said you guys have voices sent by the celestial ones."

"Well, that's one was of describing us." Josh admitted.

"Think you can do a number for us?" Minuette asked.

"Actually, you'll all have a chance to hear them." Applejack said.

"We will?" Twinkleshine asked.

"That's right. Tomorrow they're putting on a concert at the castle. And you're all invited." Twilight offered.

"This is great!" Lemon Hearts cheered.

"I can't wait to hear you boys." Moon Dancer told them.

"Trust us. Once you've heard our voices you'll have heard it all." Tyler replied.

"Hey, since we're all here let's go to Joe's for a doughnut?" Spike suggested.

"Great idea." Rainbow agreed.

"Sounds good." Moon Dancer approved.

"Let's go nuts for doughnuts!" Derek called, as they laughed.


When nighttime came, the boys were in their castle suite lying in their assigned beds. Josh spoke up, "Are you guys awake?"

"Yup." Damien answered.

"Uh-huh." Zeck replied.

"Me too." Tyler responded.

"So am I." Derek finished.

"You nervous like I am?" Josh inquired.

"How can we not be?" Tyler asked.

"Tomorrow night we're performing in front of large crowd of ponies. Not just some group like in Ponyville," Zeck explained, "But we have to do this. Our gems need to be powered in order for us to combat those sirens who're causing problems."

"Plus this will be a challenge," Josh put in, "I mean how often do we get the chance to perform for ponies?"

"Honestly, that's never crossed my mind." Damien answered.

"We better get some shut eye, guys." Derek suggested.

"Yeah. Tomorrow night's gonna be a real party." Tyler added.

"Uh-huh," Zeck nodded, "Well, night guys."

"Night, Zeck." they said, before turning in.


The very next night at the castle, guests were pouring in. They ranged from some of the normal class ponies in town to even the upper class ones who were also curious about the event to be held at the castle.

They gathered in the ballroom with Twilight, Spike, and the girls up front of the stage that was set up, while all the other guests gathered in.

"I sure hope the boys are ready." Twilight hoped.

"They did spend half the afternoon practicing." Rainbow reminded her.

"I'm sure they'll be fine, Twilight." Applejack assured her.

Twilight agreed and awaited for them to come out and perform. Walking over was Fancypants and Fleur, "Well, it certainly looks like all of Canterlot turned up for this event." Fancypants noticed.

"It sure looks that way." Rarity agreed.

"I can't wait to see the boys and how they'll do." Fleur said looking excited.

The lights started dimming, and stepping onto the stage was Celestia, "Welcome, ponies and friends. I'm glad to see how many of you could come and bare witness for the first time anywhere in Equestria, a group not of this world who've honored us by performing their choice in pop music. And now, I give you Accelerated Dash!"

The ponies applauded and cheered. Celestia stepped off stage as the curtains opened up revealing five silhouettes until lights flashed on them and the boys stepped out wearing their silver and white outfits.

"Hello, ponies of Canterlot!" Zeck began, "Here's a little song we're going to sing about our choice in music, regardless of what some ponies might feel about it!"

The ponies cheered once again, as music started playing. Soon the boys started singing to the crowd.

As they sang, they each performed dance steps be it in sync or their own choices. Josh got close to the left side of the stage seeing Moon Dancer and the other unicorns and leaned down while reaching out to Moon Dancer who blushed.

Tyler was in the center and reach down to Fleur who got close to the stage and put her hoof in his hand while smiling.

The ponies both middle and upper class appeared to be enjoying their concert which was good news to them. The boys themselves were so caught up in having fun they weren't even focusing on their gems assimilating the positive feelings from the crowd of ponies.


After the concert, the ponies were gathering around begging for autographs and pictures with the boys. The five decided to make their fans happy by giving them what they wanted.

Zeck spoke to the boys, "Not bad for our first concert in Equestria huh, boys?" he signed an autograph.

"This was awesome." Tyler admitted.

"And to think there's a lot more places for us to perform at." Damien added.

"For now let's just enjoy the night, huh?" Derek asked.

"Indeed. Let's live in the moment." Josh answered, after getting his picture with Moondancer.

Twilight came over, "You guys wanna head to Joe's?"

"If you can get us away from this mob." Damien replied.

"no problem." Twilight used her magic to teleport them all to Doughnut Joe's.

"I love magic." Josh said in amaze.

"You boys sure were something up there." Applejack said feeling impressed.

"I'll say." Pinkie agreed.

"You were all fabulous." Rarity smiled.

"Thanks, girls. And this is just the beginning for us." Zeck smiled, as the boys knew there was going to be a lot more concerts to put on.