• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 3,555 Views, 24 Comments

Accelerated Dash - Wildcard25



When a boy band lands in Equestria and bonds with magical musical gems, they must use the magic of song to protect the land from musical tyrants.

  • ...
9
 24
 3,555

Water Witch's debut

Author's Note:

My apologies for taking so long, but when you got fics like Crystal Prep Cuties and Highschool Dragon it's hard to work on your less popular ones. Regardless this isn't dead yet.

After a tour of the Crystal Palace, Cadence had shown the boys into a ballroom with a stage set up, "Here we are." Cadence said.

"Cool stage." Tyler said.

"Perfect for practice." Zeck added.

"It'll do." Damien answered.

"We should get everything set up and get right to practice." Josh suggested.

"We can help set up." Twilight offered, as the girls stood by in agreement.

"Thanks, girls. All right Accelerated Dash, let's get to work." Zeck told his boys and Spike who announced.

"Yeah!"


Outside the castle around the empire, the sirens and Lapis explored while making sure to keep a low profile, by keeping their cloaks up. As they walked they noticed the crystal ponies were setting up for the Crystal Fair for tomorrow.

Lapis was more focused on the empire itself, 'It's even prettier up close.' she thought to herself.

"We should stock up on a bit of energy before tomorrow." Ballad suggested.

"Where should we start?" Presto inquired.

"We'll have to do it small so not to attract any unwanted attention." Tempo noted.

"Indeed." Ballad agreed, before speaking up to Lapis, "How about it, Lapis?" the three suddenly saw no sign of their fourth member.

"Lapis?!" they cried.

"Where'd she go?" Tempo panicked.

"She was here a second ago." Presto said.

"This is bad." Ballad shook, until they saw her looking at a poster hanging up.

They went over to her, "Lapis, you can't go off like that!" Ballad scolded her.

"If any of these ponies found you, who knows what they'd do." Tempo added.

"Sorry, girls. But look who's performing." Lapis motioned to the poster she was looking at.

The sirens looked and saw the picture of the boys, "Accelerated Dash?" Presto asked.

"Yes. It's the band my brother's in. Him and the guys are actually here," Lapis smiled, before realizing, "When did they get here?"

The sirens looked at the picture of the boys before spotting the gemstones around their necks and gasped, "It's them." Ballad said to her sisters.

"They're in possession of Starswirl's gems?" Tempo asked.

"Well, at least we know who we're trying to defeat." Presto said.

"Oh, this is great. I can't wait to tell my brother I'm here!" Lapis said with joy, until Ballad calmed her.

"Hold on, girl. Remember I told you about crushing our opponents?"

"Yes."

"Well, they are our opponents."

"My brother and his friends?" Lapis asked feeling heart shattered.

"Yes. In order for us to be the best we must defeat all competition." Tempo said.

"But my brother. I can't just do that to him."

"Then you're only allowing yourself to remain in his shadow." Presto warned her.

"Maybe, but..." Lapis was cut off as the trio vocalized to Lapis as her eyes started glowing green, "I want to show my brother I can sing just as good as him."

"That's right. And we'll show them all tomorrow," Ballad promised, "But now we must gather some energy to conserve us." they hurried off to stir up a bit of trouble.


As the day went on, the boys and Spike practiced both their dance steps and vocals with the girls and Cadence overseeing their performance.

The boys had the beat down, while Spike not being used to performing in such a singing group had difficulty with keeping up with them. But the boys made sure to walk him through it, and soon enough he was getting comfortable with it.

The group finished another practice number, as Zeck spoke, "Good play, guys. Take five." The boys sighed in relief that they could relax.

"That was great work." Cadence applauded.

"Thanks Cadence." Derek thanked her.

"And you were great too, Spike." Twilight added.

"Really? Ya think?" Spike asked hopefully.

"I didn't know you could sing so good." Fluttershy smiled.

"Well, I have my moments." Spike boasted.

"Save the boasting for the fans tomorrow, Spike," Damien rubbed his head, "After that I could use some rest."

"It is getting late," Twilight noticed the sun setting, "We should turn in for the night."

"I'll show the boys to their guest room." Cadence offered.

"See ya'll in the morning." Applejack told the boys, as they went their separate ways.

And so Cadence showed the five humans into a guest bedroom with a bed for each of them, "Here you go, boys. A complimentary suite courtesy of me and Shining Armor." Cadence said.

"Awesome." Tyler said, as he plopped onto the bed.

"Thanks again, Cadence." Josh said.

"You're welcome. You boys better get a good nights rest. Tomorrow's a big day."

"Don't we know it?" Zeck replied.

"Goodnight, boys." Cadence left the room.

The boys stretched before pulling off their shirts and kicking off their shoes, before plopping onto their beds, "Hope these Crystal Ponies are gonna be ready for a show tomorrow." Derek said.

"You and me both." Tyler agreed.

They were about to fall asleep until they saw their gems glowing, "Don't these things have an off switch?" Damien asked, as the brightness was annoying his eyes.

"Why're they doing this? We're not singing right now, and no ponies cheering for us." Zeck wondered.

"You'd think they're trying to warn us." Josh said.

"Warn us of what?" Derek asked.

"I don't know."

Suddenly the gems died down leaving them more confused, "Now they stopped." Zeck said.

"Guys, I'm scared." Derek said.

"What now?" Damien asked Zeck.

"Let's just go to sleep and we'll figure this out in the morning." Zeck suggested. Not knowing what else to do, the boys turned in and slept it off.

Unknown to them outside the castle, Lapis and the Sirens were vocalizing around some crystal ponies making them bicker, while assimilating their negative energy into their gems.

"Yes, this is perfect." Ballad said.

"A little late night snack to satisfy your craving." Presto added.

"How does it feel, Lapis?" Tempo inquired.

"Delish." she answered.

"Good. And tomorrow's gonna be an all you can eat buffet." Ballad promised, as the four smirked.


The next day every crystal pony was out and about partaking in the Crystal Fair activities. Twilight, the girls, Spike, and the boys were walking around checking the event out for themselves.

"Check this place out." Tyler said with amusement.

"Reminds me of the school carnivals we'd go to." Josh noted.

"Yeah or even Mega Mountain." Zeck added.

"What's Mega Mountain?" Rainbow Dash wondered.

"An amusement park close to where we live. The coolest place around." Damien explained.

"Yeah they got some killer roller coasters that're guaranteed to give you a face lift." Derek said to Rarity and Pinkie Pie.

"Heavens. I definitely don't want one of those." Rarity shuddered.

Pinkie gave the boys some food, "Here, try some crystal corn on the cob."

The boys each took one and bit into it, "Not bad." Josh said.

"Delicious." Zeck added.

"Uh, dudes. Shouldn't we be somewhere right now?" Spike reminded them.

Zeck checked his watch, "Whoa. You're right. We better get to the sound stage and prepare for the concert."

"Well, come on Accelerated Dash. Let's Dash." Derek said, as the boys dashed off leaving Spike in the dust.

"Guys! Come on! I can't dash like you!" Spike ran after them. The girls decided to let the boys get their work done, while they continued to check out the fair.

As they walked past a booth, they didn't see peeking out from the other side was the trio and Lapis, "It's a full festival." Presto said.

"If we can absorb the energy from all these crystal ponies we'll be strong enough to manipulate even more of Equestria's inhabitants." Ballad said.

"And eventually the whole land itself." Tempo added.

They turned to Lapis, as Ballad spoke, "are you ready, Lapis?"

"Yes. I'm ready to make my debut with the stage name I picked out for myself."

"And we have your costume all ready." Tempo added, as they brought out something for her to wear.

"Then let's hurry. I'm getting excited." Lapis smiled.

"So are we." Presto replied, as they hurried off.


Later that day the crystal ponies were gathering together outside the castle before a stage, eager to see the boys. Watching from behind the curtain was the boys and Spike, "It's a sell out." Zeck told them.

"No kidding." Tyler agreed.

"Guys, I'm getting nervous here." Spike said.

"Spike, this is no time to be getting cold feet." Damien replied.

"Sorry. It's just I'm about to perform in front of all those ponies."

"Hey, you're already a celebrity," Derek said, "Your reputation's about to jump up the scale now."

"And you're wondering why I'm getting nervous?" Spike asked in a bit of panic.

Zeck knelt down to Spike, "We're like that before every performance. Even we're feeling the way you are now."

"You don't seem like it."

"Because we're used to this thing." Josh replied.

"Just remember our practice, and just have fun." Tyler instructed.

Spike remembering the fun he had with them started getting his confidence back, "Yeah. Have fun!" he pumped a fist, "Well, I'm ready."

"That's the spirit." Damien smirked.

"Shh, Cadence is starting." Josh shushed them.

Cadence stood with Shining Armor on stage, along with the girls off to the side while the crystal ponies stood before the stage. Cadence announced to her subjects, "Welcome my subjects to the Crystal Fair's first ever musical concert. And now we're proud to introduce to you the boys of Accelerated Dash and joining them our very own Spike the Brave and Glorious!"

The crystal ponies and the girls cheered, as Cadence and Shining Armor stepped off stage. The curtains opened up as the boys and Spike walked on stage. Once they were in plain sight the ponies cheered and hollered for them. They were especially hollering Spike's name, in which he waved in response.

Zeck pulled out a mic and spoke, "Hey, there all you crystal ponies! I know you've had a lot to deal with what with being gone for a thousand years. But my crew and I are here to bring you up to this century's beats. Ready, Accel Dash?"

"Ready!" they announced.

As the music began cheering, the boys were ready to his their moment to sing. Unfortunately, before they could begin, they saw a part of the floor of the stage open up and released smokescreen."

As the girls watched Pinkie smiled, "Cool special affects."

Twilight was concerned, "I didn't put in any smokescreen from an opening in the stage." she checked her notes on special affects.

The boys and Spike were concerned as they saw something rising up from the stage. It was a short figure wearing a black dress lined in dark blue with ruffled sleeves and a short black, blue, and white skirt underneath with a gold water drop-shaped buckle with dark blue and black gems on it in the front. She also had on blue tights and black platform shoes with wings on them. Around her neck was a gem similar to the boys, blue and black earrings and short black arm warmers. on her face was gold and blue domino mask.

The audience were surprised wondering if this was part of the show, while the boys themselves were confused, "Guys, I don't think we're the only humans in Equestria anymore." Zeck told them.

"It's just a little girl." Derek noticed from her height and physical appearance.

The girl turned to the crowd and announced, "Behold, I am the Water Witch. And I have come to put on a show for you!" and with that she began vocalizing and singing in a hypnotic voice.

The boys and Mane six were shocked at her performance, but noticed the audience became hypnotized and started fighting each other. Twilight noticed their negative energy was being pooled into the gem around the girls neck.

"Oh, no. It's just like the sirens spell." Twilight gasped, "Guys, she's brainwashing the audience!" she called to the boys.

"What do we do?" Tyler asked his friends.

Zeck spoke up, "Let's use what magic in our gems we got to counter it."

"Will it be enough?" Derek inquired.

"We have to try." Josh answered.

Damien was watching the girl hypnotize the crowd while looking closely at her face. He squinted at her, until a look of worry grew on his face as he started recognizing her voice too, "No. It can't be," he envisioned the girl without her little face mask, 'Lapis?' he thought. He suddenly frowned and spoke to his pals, "Guys, let's do it!"

"Come on, guys. Let's sing!" Zeck announced.

Water Witch turned to the boys with a blank stare. Accelerated Dash's gemstones glowed as they vocalized releasing a powerful sound wave that pushed Water Witch back and off her feet. This disruption caused her spell to break on the ponies.

Water Witch got back up and frowned before utilizing her voice once again bringing the crystal ponies back under her hypnosis, "We can't let her win!" Tyler called, as they vocalized with all their might against Water Witch.

Water Witch felt like she had the upper hand, but suddenly the boys voices and the magic enhancing them once again knocked her off her feet, and she groaned, "Ow! Oh, did that hurt," she rubbed her head before looking around, "I'm on stage?"

"What's with her?" Derek asked the guys, who were just as confused.

"Guys, that girl's Lapis." Damien answered.

"Lapis?" Zeck asked in confusion.

"WHAT?!" Pinkie shrieked.

Rainbow spoke, while looking at Water Witch, "That's your sister?"

"Yes. No mistaking it," Damien confirmed, before calling to her, "Lapis! Lapis, it's me Damien!"

Lapis looked over and started seeing clearly, "Damien?" she gasped and removed her mask revealing herself to them, "Brother!"

"It is you!" Damien gasped in relief.

"How did she get here?" Derek asked flabbergasted.

Lapis looked seeing the hypnotized ponies, "Are they here to watch me?"

"Lapis, come over here." Damien called her over.

Lapis was about to only for Ballad, Tempos, and Presto to appear before them, "She's not going anywhere." Ballad said, as the three used their own voices to push the boys back into the mane six.

"Hey, don't hurt my brother!" Lapis pleaded, only for Presto to hush her.

The group got back up, as Ballad continued, "So you are the ones who wield the gemstones of Starswirl?"

Tempo noticed Twilight and the others, "And that's Princess Twilight and her friends who represent the elements of harmony."

"These are the sirens who've been causing trouble as of late." Twilight squinted at them.

"Those are sirens?" Josh gasped.

"Not as hot as our mythology makes them look." Derek said with disappointment.

Damien frowned at the sirens keeping his sister hostage, "What're you doing with my sister?!"

"We're helping her achieve her dream." Ballad answered.

"A dream nobody else would help her with." Tempo added.

"They only wanted to hold her back." Presto smirked.

"That's not true!" Damien called.

"Isn't it? Your parents held her back even though they knew she had what it takes. Oh, wait, they're not really your parents." Ballad snickered.

Damien growled at that fact, as Lapis managed to get her mouth free, "Damien, help!"

"Hang on, I'll save you!" Damien promised, as he tried to get to her, only for Ballad and Tempo to use their voices to knock him off his feet.

"At your power level, you don't stand a chance against us." Ballad mocked.

"If you hurt my sister!" Damien threatened, until Presto spoke.

"We wouldn't dream of it. After all she's going to help us in our conquest of Equestria."

"I won't let you!" Damien ran to them, only for Ballad to say.

"Catch you later." she smirked, as the four disappeared in green mist.

Damien growled at their escape, until Zeck held onto him and calmed him down, "Damien, get it together!" Damien slowly started calming down, "We'll find them again, but right now we need to snap these ponies out of it."

Damien looked at the brainwashed ponies, before sighing, "You're right." And so the boys using the magic stored in their gems vocalized and snapped the crystal ponies out of their trance. They looked around in confusion, until Shining Armor came on stage and spoke.

"Attention, everypony! This concert will be postponed until further notice!" the ponies sighed, until Cadence spoke up.

"Not to worry, the boys will perform. Just give them a little more time." the crowd felt much better afterward.


Backstage, the boys, Spike, and the girls were sitting down recalling the events in the last few minutes, "Thos sirens looked dangerous." Fluttershy feared.

"No kidding." Rainbow agreed.

"They looked even stronger than the Dazzlings." Twilight told Spike.

"If that's even possible."

"Remember, the energy isn't the same in the other world, until they found the magic inside my friends at CHS." Twilight recalled.

"And if those three had been absorbing stronger energy from here in Equestria, than of course they'd be stronger." Josh analyzed.

"How is it my sister ended up here in Equestria and was working for them?" Damien asked wanting answers.

"She must've been brought here like you guys," Twilight began, "As for how she wound up with them. I don't know."

"You noticed she had one of those gemstone thingies around her neck?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah. How did she gets that?" Tyler wondered.

"It couldn't have been from the sirens. They're born with those things." Cadence said.

Josh was pondering until he gasped, "Guys. Could it be possible that Starswirl made more than just our five gems?"

"What, you mean there's a sixth gemstone like ours?" Derek wondered.

"Yeah. What if the sirens got that gemstone and corrupted it?" Josh theorized.

"Sounds like a long shot, but it sounds logical enough." Twilight agreed.

"So what now?" Spike asked.

"There's only one thing now," Zeck spoke, "We have to stop these sirens now more than we thought. For Equestria and for Lapis' safety."

"Agreed," Cadence nodded, "Boys, if you don't feel like performing after this debacle I won't hold it against you. Even if only one of you doesn't wish to perform. Especially you, Damien."

Damien looked at Cadence and the others who knew he had to be more affected by this than them. But he wasn't about to let himself appear weak in this moment, "What? Me? Don't be silly. I may be in shock at what's happened to my sister. But you heard the sirens. They won't harm her. So I'm relieved they'll at least keep her in one piece for now. Besides as they say in show biz, the show must go on!"

"Spoken like a true pop star." Zeck smirked, as the boys got up with Spike joining, "Let's get this concert back on!" they cheered, as the ponies smiled at their spirit.


Meanwhile back at the siren's beach lair, far from the Crystal Empire. The sirens had released Lapis, as the little girl spoke, "Why did you take me from my brother?"

"Because he is an enemy." Ballad answered.

"He's not an enemy. He's family. Same with the guys."

"Our hold on her is weakening." Tempo warned Ballad.

"Then we'll just have to make it stronger." the ringleader replied.

"Forget it! I'm not doing business with you three. I'll become a star without your help." Lapis was about to walk off only for Presto to block her.

"We can't let you leave." Presto said.

Before Lapis could get away, the sirens vocalized around her with an increase in their power which they also absorbed from the ponies Lapis hypnotized. That in turn put Lapis back under control making her more obedient.

"Do you want to leave now, Lapis?" Ballad asked.

Lapis spoke once again in monotone, "No. I will stay. The Water Witch will return for another performance."

"That's right." Tempo smirked.

"And we'll all sing together." Presto added, as the four stood together.


Back at the Crystal Empire, Shining Armor stepped on stage and announced to the Crystal Pony, "Sorry for the delay, everypony. But let's give a big Crystal Empire welcome to Accelerated Dash and Spike the Brave and Glorious!" The ponies cheered, as music started playing.

Accelerated Dash and Spike walked back onto the stage and did a few dance moves, until it was time to sing.

The boys and Spike sang perfectly, along with Spike who was able to stay in sync with the others. While the Crystal Ponies couldn't get enough of them, Twilight and the others watched from the side feeling proud of the boys. Especially Spike.

"Isn't Spikey-Wikey, just wonderful?" Rarity asked, while watching.

"Little guy really does have it in him." Applejack admitted.

"I think he's great." Twilight smiled with pride.

The band wrapped up their song and posed together with Zeck and Damien carrying Spike on their shoulders for every pony to see. The crystal ponies cheered and applauded, as the boys waved to their fans while their gemstones were assimilating the positive energy from them.

Afterward, the group was signing autographs and taking pictures with the ponies. To the boys surprise, Spike was the one getting the most attention, but they didn't mind. As Twilight watched them enjoy their fame, she turned to Shining Armor and Cadence.

"We better make sure Princess Celestia is informed of these events."

"I'll be sure to send it personally." Cadence promised.

"I sure hope the boys will be ok." Shining Armor said, as he kept watch over them.

"Don't worry. They'll be fine, as long as they remember they're strongest when they're together." Twilight said, as she continued to watch them.