• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,789 Views, 188 Comments

Of Magic and Machines - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced Story] A young girl wakes up in a world she only thought was a fantasy. Only to realize that there's a lot more to it then she thinks.

  • ...
22
 188
 5,789

Log 8- Rage of an Asura

Of Magic and Machines- Rage of an Asura


Log 2- Meeting both Neltharion and Pegasus today really had me think about the possibilities involving the multiple versions of different individuals that I’ve met from different worlds. But, out of all the things I’ve seen and the people I have met, my most major concern right now is Yuri’s sister, Jade. According to her, Jade had not been seen since her encounter with Lord Tirek seven years ago. Which begs the question… why that long? Normally, for someone like Jade, who is a sister and also obsessed over Amy, I would think that she would be trying to find her way back as soon as possible. But, what if something occurred to where she is not who she was before. Like if someone pushed a reset button on her memories. I don’t know if it’s just me or that I’m getting really tired just thinking about it. Maybe I’ll find out the answers I’m looking for in the Morning

-Nicko Nocte, The Rune Slayer


Everfree Forest clearing (Present Day)

“W-who are you? How do you know my name!?!”

The question itself startled the Rune Slayer as he had to draw his sword quickly to counter the attacks that came at him in quick succession. From what Nicko remembered, the Little Specter and Asura classes in Elsword were known for two things. Quick fast paced attacks with their spears and also using a set of Phantom claws to go along with the newfound exorcism abilities and fox like reflexes. Nicko had to rely on all his skills in combat for him to be able to not get stabbed by the incoming flurry of attacks.

“Don’t you remember me? It’s Nicko!!”

“I don’t know anypony by that name!! Now get lost!!!”

With a surge of energy that flowed around her, Jade created nine beads of Fox Fire that went towards the Rune Slayer shortly after she struck him with her phantom claws. Nicko though, was quick enough to use his reflexes to dodge the beads as he skidded back a little. Next, he dashed forth and got behind Jade, only to be blocked at the last second by her spear.

“What the-!?”

“Nice try!! Spell: Aerial Blades!!!

The Golden Spiral of Astral swords caught the Rune Slayer off guard, scarring him across the lower right cheek and knocking him backwards. This Jade was not the one he remembered. In fact, she couldn’t remember him for Celestia’s sake!! It wasn’t until he realized it though that Jade had used her speed to get right in front of him. “Oh sh*t!!”

“Got you!!”

Now Jade continued her assault from before, but the Asura’s tactics had changed. As she attacked in a furious blitz, what her opponent didn’t realize was that she was using the “Exorcism Stance” and that she pulled off the Secret Art: Night Parade of One Hundred Souls. By the time he caught on to what she was doing, it was already too late as she teleported behind him and struck her spear into the ground, creating an eruption of souls from underneath the Rune Slayer’s feet. Nicko himself howled in pain as the attack hit him hard. By the time he was struggling to get up though, Jade was standing on her own two feet, looking at the warrior with a grin on her face.

“Now I’ll ask you again little boy, how do you know my name?” Jade asked as she pointed her spear at Nicko. The Rune Slayer himself, struggled to get up as he tried to speak. But soon, a new voice could be heard. But this time, it was coming from the wagon that was nearby the two of them.

“Okay, what the buck is going on-?”

The new individual was a Unicorn mare. Azure fur color with a lightish blue Mane and lavender eyes. She wore a few magus robes to keep herself warm as she stepped outside. “Jade!! What is the meaning of all this!?”

“I just wanted to know who this boy was, and how he knew my name.”

“That doesn’t mean you ATTACK HIM!!! You can’t get any answers from him if he’s dead!!”

“I wasn’t going to kill him, just knock him out and take him with me for questioning.”

The Mare sighed, helping Nicko up. “So, boy… Who are you?”

“Nicko. Nicko Nocte. Thanks again Miss……”

“Trixie.” The mare replied. “Trixie Lulamoon.”

“Tsh, I don’t see why you have to tell that little boy your name.”

“It’s called courtesy, Jade.” Trixie told her. “Now, like you said, Trixie would like to know the same thing you want to know about how do you know the name of Trixie’s friend.”

“That’s because I knew her before Tirek tried to attack Ponyville. She was a Little Specter and had friends. Jade knew me, my brother Anson, my Friend Leo, Amy, Molly, Jane and most importantly, her own freaking sister.”

Jade’s ears twitched at that last comment. “I… have a sister?”

The Rune Slayer nodded. “You and her were in the Golden Oaks library when the Centaur attacked in order to preemptively strike Twilight Sparkle. But now, it has been seven years and she is worried sick about you Jade. Yuri is worried about you.”

“............” Jade didn’t say anything, but seconds later, she dropped to her knees and grabbed hold of her head like she was in the middle of a freakout. Nicko now became worried. Her energy got stronger, but he felt the anger that was mixed in it and that was taking control of her. She then let out a loud pitched scream as her ribbons became white tails and her hair turned the same color. Markings on her cheeks began to surface and her eyes narrows. She even now had fox ears too.

She was in her Celestial Fox form. But, something was different about this. “S-SHUT UP!!!!”

“J-jade? What’s wrong?”

“G-GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! RRRAAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!”

The situation had just escalated from bad to worse. Something just now triggered Jade to lose control in an all out rage. When she looked at both of them again, she leaped towards Trixie, her hands outstretched like claws. Nicko moved in between to block the attack and was lucky to intervene just in time.

“Jade? Can you hear me?! Stop this!!!”

Words could not work anymore. The girl was flowing with power and her strength was filled with Rage and Hatred. Thinking quickly, Nicko turned towards Trixie. “Do you have any Idea what’s going on?”

“Me?! Trixie just found her unconscious in the forest seven years ago with no memories at all. All she remembered was her name and how to fight-.”

The Unicorn went on in a small rant, but the Rune Slayer had stopped listening. When he heard “No Memories”, he began to think about what could be the possible cause of the problem. When Nicko said her sisters name, memories tried to return to the Asura. But due to her strong spirit and willpower, she was trying to fight back against them because of the possibility of some of those memories being from her encounter with Eric and Lord Tirek. Turning towards the Unicorn, an idea came inside his head. “Trixie, right?”

“That is Trixie’s name-.”

“Do you know any spells that can cure memory loss?”

“M-maybe… I would need to look inside my carriage.”

“Find something and quick. We need to use it on Jade. I can’t explain everything right now, but I’m telling you, we need it. I’ll buy you some time.”

The Unicorn didn’t object. Instead, she complied and teleported herself into her mobile home. A safe place to avoid the oncoming conflict. Nicko himself, knew that for this, he had to go all out on his power. Therefore, he tried something that the Rune Slayer had not previously attempted before. In Elsword, Awakening beads allowed the player to go into a state of power that varied depending on the character. Jade’s Celestial Fox form was her awakening. His, on the other hand, was different.

Holding his sword with two hands above his head, he took a stance and then felt the energy flow through him. It was an orangish red and made the Warrior think that he had performed the Kaioken technique from Dragon Ball Z. Except without the backlash when it wore off. In addition, he casted another skill called Critical Sword, a move that allowed Nicko to increase his attack power for a short amount of time.

Because right now, time was of the essence.

Jade went forth with the first attack, trying to string her opponent into a series of Secret Art attacks with the “Phantom Fox” Stance called Pulverization. It was a combination of attacks that focused on cunning reflexes and precise strikes in order to drain the opponent of their spiritual energy. The only problem for Jade though was that Nicko’s awakening did more than make him stronger, but also made him faster. Fast enough to perform a counter attack moments after Jade attempted her first strike, setting the Asura off balance. Despite the massive amount of power she had obtained, Jade was sloppy in form and execution. Her opponent planned to use that to his advantage and expose it.

While she tried to rebalance herself, Nicko swung low and placed his hand on the ground. When the Asura placed her foot back on the ground, the Ice Rune that the Rune Slayer had placed went off and trapped her leg in ice. He followed up with another rune that detonated in front of him, hitting Jade with an explosive backlash. But, it also broke her free of his Ice Trap, allowing her to begin her counter attack. Starting with Savor, Jade quickly followed up with the second stance; Discordance. On the third stance; Rapid Rain, her attacks still went at the Rune Slayer as she tried to finish up with the fourth stance. Fox’s Meal.

However, the one thing that the Asura never paid attention too was that Nicko’s Way of the Sword special ability had just kicked in. The warrior glowed a crimson aura as Jade’s attacks backfired and caused her to stagger. Nicko used this opportunity to drain Jade of her mana using Luna Blade, a skill that produced a lot of damage and could drain about a quarter of the targets mana. Nicko knew that with Jade, she would expend a lot of Mana in her Stances. If she had no gas in the tank, then the Asura could not use most of her techniques.

Around now though, was when Nicko could hear something faintly. It sounded like… a voice. Not Jade’s… but another voice. “C-child…… can you hear my voice?”

Nicko cocked an eyebrow. “Y-yeah? Who are you?”

“I’m the guardian inside Jade.”

Around now, the Rune Slayer can clearly see who was trying to talk to him. It was a multi tailed being with the appearance of a fox. It looked at Nicko with a serious expression.

“I am Eun. My spirit has been inside Jade since she has came to this world. Her emotions and haunting memories of when she was defeated by Tirek are starting to return to her, but her Will is preventing this from happening and no spell could fix this. In this state, my power is being used by her, but she has lost control. There’s only way for her to return to normal and for her to remember who she is.”

“W-what is it? What do I need to do?” Nicko asked.

“There is an item inside her friends carriage that represents the pact between her and I. You need to place it on her heart in order for both of us to become one.” The Fox told him. Turning around, Nicko looked at the carriage. Seeing that Jade was still struggling to her feet, the swordsman took the chance to run over there and barge in. Nicko’s surprise entrance startled Trixie, who was rummaging through her books. when the Rune Slayer came in.

“N-nicko!! I’m trying my best to find some kind of spell-.”

“We don’t need a spell to fix this. Tell me, did Jade keep any personal trinkets or anything in here?”

“Well, there’s the talisman on the nightstand but-.”

The Rune Slayer ignored the rest of what the Unicorn had to say as his eyes looked upon the item and grabbed it. He needed to hurry if what Eun said was true.

Eun saw the boy as he held the Talisman. But Jade’s out of control form was charging towards him as her claws raked into his shoulders. Ignoring the pain though and the stinging sensation of his life being drained away, Nicko shoved the trinket into Jade like he was trying to stab someone with a knife. The Asura’s Pact began to work immediately as the young girl was consumed in a golden light and the Rune Slayer saw the spirit of the Fox and the soul of Jade become one. The light around them danced as Trixie soon came out when everything died down. Now, Jade laid in the snow covered ground and was beginning to open her eyes.

“Urgh…… W-where am I?” The confused girl asked as she looked upward and saw snow falling. “A-am I… Dead?”

“J-jade?”

“T-trixie?” The Asura asked, responding to her voice. Turning her head, her eyes widened at the sight. “N-nicko!? B-but I thought-!!”

“Easy there... You’ve been through a lot, little fox.” Nicko told her. “Eun is helping restore your memories. That way, you can be back to normal again. Trixie has helped you over the years, but Yuri misses you Jade. I think it’s time we bring you back home.”

With that, Nicko put the tired Jade on his back as he picked her up. “You can come along too, Trixie. Plus, I think it would be better them staying in that cold carriage of yours.”

“You…… bring up a very good point. Trixie thanks you for helping her. She’s been my only friend for years and Trixie can’t express how grateful she is for your help just now.” With that, the mare returned to her carriage and packed a bag that contained most of her things, including clothes, spellbooks, flasks and other daily essentials that the wandering wizard may need in a pinch. When the two of them were ready, they began to make their stride back to Ponyville. On the way though, Trixie had some questions.

“Hmm…… Nicko correct?”

“Yes? What is it, Trixie?”

“Jade seemed surprise to see you. Why is that?”

“Well, it’s kind of a long story… Come on, let’s get to Twilight’s Castle and-.”

“Hold it… You’re a friend of Sparkle!?”

“Yes,” Nicko replied as the two of them stopped walking. “Is something wrong?”

“No… It’s just that…… we have a bit of a history.”


Castle of Friendship (Ten Minutes later…)

By the time Nicko and Trixie made it back, Faith was back in her room and possibly resting from her cuddly adventures with Amaterasu and Chibiterasu. Besides that, Yuri was sleeping in and there was a note left on the table for them from the Princess; telling them that she and Spike were with the girls on a visit to “Our Town”, a small town to the south of Ponyville. But right now, both the Mare and the human were focused on helping attend to Jade. It was almost like a repeat of the incident yesterday with Diamond Tiara and Silver spoon. Just this time, Jade was in their position instead of them.

Nicko himself casted a Fire Rune in the fireplace after placing some new wooden logs inside so the warmth of the flames could help the Asura while Trixie placed a blanket on her. While they were focused on helping Jade, Trixie told Nicko of her “history” with Twilight from what happened the last two times she was in Ponyville. When she was done explaining everything, the Rune slayer could see guilt and regret in the Unicorn’s eyes as she told her that for the past seven years, Jade was the only friend she had that helped her as she traveled across Equestria. Helping others in need despite her old reputation sometimes catching up with her.

“So… About earlier… why did Jade seem shocked to see you?” Trixie asked.

“Well… Did you hear about a fight with a Diabolic Esper seven years ago?”

“Yes, Trixie has heard of that story… It was said that two brothers clashed with him and one was encased in stone in order to protect his brother… How does this relate to you though?”

“That’s the thing. I was the brother that was encased in stone. I was freed recently because my Brothers Daughter found her way here and freed me. Now not only am I here with my friends, but also my niece is with me. She’s in her room right now, possibly resting.”

Nothing right now could hold in Trixies shock and awe. “Wait… you are… the Rune Slayer?”

Nicko nodded his head, answering her question. What he did not expect though was for Trixie to be acting like a school filly when they met their idol or role model. The spellcaster had so many questions for Nicko on his magic that it was hard to explain to her that only he was able to control this kind of power. During this session though, Jade was slowly beginning to come back to her senses.

“Ugh… W-where am I?”

“Easy there, Jade. You’ve been through a lot and still need to recover.” Nicko told her as he tried to help position herself as she leaned forward.

“What the hell happen to me?”

“You’ve had been knocked out cold and wandering around Equestria with Trixie for seven years. I made sure that Eun returned to you so your memories could be fully restored.”

“.........You should’ve left me like that.”

“Hey, don’t say that… Yuri and everyone else has been worried about you. Your sister has been wanting to make sure that you were okay.” The Rune Slayer told her. “Plus, it would be great for you to meet Faith.”

“F-faith? Who’s that?” The Asura asked. Before Nicko could say anything, he turned to see the young girl at the door.

“You called me, Uncle?”

Jade stared at her, dumbfounded. “Did I hear that right?”

“Yea, you did. She’s my niece and Anson’s Daughter.”

“Wow…… and I honestly didn’t think that he would be up for parenthood.” The Asura chuckled as she tried her best to straighten herself up. Nicko himself didn’t know if he should take offense to that or if he should take it as a compliment. “But in all seriousness, you should’ve just left me like that.”

“And let you die? Hell no.” Nicko shook his head. “I don’t care what stuff you have been through, but that’s in the past now. Leave that behind you now.”

“Easy for you to say, you didn’t try to hunt down a 12 year old and use her as your thing to “play” with.”

“Watch your mouth, foxy…” Nicko hollered, offended about what Jade was saying because he thought she was trying to talk about Faith. A few seconds later, a new face entered the room, who’s eyes widened upon seeing Jade. It was Yuri.

“S-sister?”

“Yuri?” For a moment, there was an awkward silence when the sisters looked at each other. That moment ended when Jade tried to run away from her. But, Trixie stopped her by using her Telekinetic Grip to shut the door to the room.

“Thanks, Trixie.”

The Unicorn just nodded. She knew this lesson and had been through it before. Some things you can’t always run away from. Family was one of those things. Yuri slowly walked up to Jade, who seemed tense. But she was then caught off guard when the Sakra Devanam hugged her with tears rolling down her face.

“My god, you’re alive!! I was so worried about you!!!”

“......Then maybe I should of been dead.”

“H-how could you say that?! You have had me, Jane and everyone else worried for seven years!! Hell, even AMY was worried about you because she thought things were the same without you being here. I care for you sis and I am NOT tolerating that kind of attitude with you.”

“But…..all the stuff I did to her when she was a child, and to you….I don’t deserve to live for after what I did.”

“We all make mistakes, Jade.” The two sisters now heard Faith as she sat down. “People can be forgiven for the mistakes we make though. That’s why we’re human. Sure, we make dumb decisions, but the thing that sets us apart is that we can forgive each other and strive to do better.”

“..........but what if they don’t forgive me?”

“They will. Sometimes, it takes longer than others. But if you think positively, great things can happen. Heck, I thought that I wasn’t able to find anything on my own to help my own father be happy again. Then, I freed Uncle Nicko from being in Stone. If you just believe and work hard, good things will happen.” The Young Code Nemesis was beaming with positivity, trying her best to help the Asura improve her emotional state. Even Nicko thought that she had learned a lot from when she was in her father’s care before coming here. And that to him, was impressive.

“Forgive me for raining on your parade, but unless they are willing to give me a second chance, then I’ll believe you. But if not, then I’ll be leaving with Ms. Lulamoon.”

“Actually…” Nicko interjected. “I was thinking that since I had some leftover bits, maybe you two can purchase a house so you can stay in Ponyville. Also, I’m willing to give you a second chance as well as the girls I believe. I do hear them outside the door.”

“DAMN IT NICKO!!!”

“Amy, calm down-.”

“CALM DOWN!! HE JUST KNEW WHERE WE WERE!! WHAT DOES HE HAVE, SPIDER SENSE!?!”

“Nope, Eris told me.” The Rune Slayer chuckled as he opened the door. “You can just knock by the way… Come on in.”

“&#$% you jerk I can do whatever I want.” Amy said as she open the door. “Now care to tell me what the hell’s going on?”

“I found Jade and she’s hoping you were willing to give her a second chance. She thought that she deserved to be dead.”

“I am willing to help-.”

“MOLLY!?!”

“What? She’s like family. I obviously would give her a second chance, sis.”

“You can’t be serious? After all the hell she put me through-.”

“She’s been through Seven years of hell.” Molly said to her sister. “The least we could do is help her. Besides, she seems to have changed over time. Look at her. She’s an Asura now.”

“Just because she changed doesn’t mean she’s still the same crazy girl that tried to make me her-!”

SMACK!!!

The hand that went across Amy’s face from her sister sent the Crimson Avenger into the Wall. The Mastermind herself looked at Amy with a face that would say “This sh*t ends or I will end you”. “First off, you’re not one to judge because you had been in the same god damn situation multiple times before and look how the majority of those turned out to be. Second, Jade here is like Discord. Reformed and a different kind of person. It’ll take time to get use to, but it’ll all work out in the end. Lastly, Don’t even get me started on the people you’ve brought here to ponyville and that you let stay with Rainbow and Scootaloo. Including Kat and… dare I say it… Umbra.”

“Hey Umbra’s different! Her father screwed her over and left her for dead. Hell no pony ever heard of her.”

“Still, my point is, they were one way before meeting you and look at them now. Jade is no exception. Just give her the benefit of the doubt, sis.”

“Tsh…..Fine I’ll give her a chance, but if anything gets broken or if someponys home gets vandalize and they blame you for it.” Amy pointed at Jade. “X is going to equal my foot up your ass.” Jade in return smiled and jumped onto Amy

“Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!”

“Hey get off of me, you idiot!! You’re gonna mess up Selena’s cloak.” Before she could finish her sentence, the spell that Selena put on Amy a few minutes ago vanish. revealing a pony version of Amy. “Spell…..&#$#.”

“What the f-!?” Was Nicko’s first reaction. Faith’s though, was her immediately hugging her and getting behind her.

“Uncle Nicko, look!! Amy’s giving me a Ponyback ride!!”

“I am not!!!”

“I told you she was a pony. Nicko, now pay up loser.”

“We were never betting money, Molly. Matter of fact, we weren’t betting at all.”

“Still I told you Amy’s 50% pony.”

“WHEEE!!!” Both Nicko and Molly turned to see Faith still on Amy as she was having a good time running around the great hall. “This is just as much fun as being with Chibi!!!”

“I AM NOT A PET!!!”

“Well to her you are, and this wouldn’t have happen if you didn’t go into the mirror world while Selena was still inside you at the time.”

Nicko sighed as he took off and hung up his coat and sword. “So… Let me get this straight. This is a… side effect of Amy’s eagerness for wanting to screw over Celestia?”

“Hey screw you shorty!”

“Watch it, Ponygirl!!”

Faith herself was still having fun as it went from a Ponyback ride to playing tag with Amy chasing her. When Twilight and the others came back, they found the two of them running through the halls like it was Sylvester chasing Tweety Bird in the old Looney Tunes cartoons.

“Okay, what the hay is going on!?!”

“Oh the usual stuff, Amy’s chasing after somepony for humiliating her.” Said Molly. “Oh and Jade is back.”

This caught everypony’s attention. Especially Pinkies. “THIS CALLS FOR A WELCOME HOME AFTER SEVEN YEARS PARTY!!!” She hollered as she zipped out of the Castle to grab her party supplies.

“GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!” Yelled Amy chasing after Faith. “THE ONLY PONY THAT RIDES ME IS RAINBOW DASH IF I ALLOW HER!!!”

Faith herself had enough with the chase and this time, wanted to make sure she shut the Crimson Avenger up. Pivoting around. She pointed out her arms in front of her, preparing something big. “Either we end this chase now and calm down… or I will have to use my biggest skill to make you knock it off.”

Nicko could see where this was possibly going. But was surprised that she would try something to-. No… She wasn’t thinking of that skill, was she!?

“Now, now let’s not do anything stupid.” Said Jane walking in between the two girls. “Now I know Amy wouldn’t do anything to hurt you, but you did ride on her without permission am I right?”

“As a joke. Not to hurt her or have her go crazy…” Faith replied… “Hey, you look familiar. Aren’t you that friend that always came to visit with Grandma Ciela sometimes?”

“Yep, Jane Anderson.”

“Wow… So that means…… You’re my godmother?”

“...........Ciela, you little B*tch.”

“What? Dad told me that he got permission from you to have that be my name, so that makes you my godmother…”

Now that, hit Nicko like a freight train. And just when he was recovering from the surprise of finding Jade earlier this morning. “Okay, is there any other family relations that we need to get out of the way before Pinkie is done preparing?”

“Hey Amy, I kinda broke Twilight’s door if she asked tell her Blueblood did it.” Said Rainbow Dash, entering the room.

“That’s almost a daily occurrence.”

“O...kay, and I now feel like my head just exploded.” Nicko muttered as he walked into the throne room, where Pinkie had everything from Food to drinks and everything else in between. As the party went on though, Molly had found something strange in her room. Almost a medium sized model of a human brain.

“Hey Amy, did you leave this in my room?”

“No why?”

“Well, I found this in there and it wasn’t there yesterday, so I thought I would ask you about it before I ask Yuri.” Before she even got the chance too, it began to glow and blind everyone in the vicinity. Seconds later, A teenaged boy in a hood was standing in the room, looking at everyone before looking at the Sisters and Nicko, who was nearby.

“......... Sup?”

“Well…… you don’t see that everyday.” Said Applejack.

Nicko himself, felt like he recognized him though. And not just by the costume. But like he heard the voice before. From his early years at the Orphanage. “Wait…… Max?”

“Never thought I see you again, little Nicky.”

Instead of getting mad, Nicko patted him on the back and gave him what some would consider as a Brohug. Max was one of the first few friends that Nicko and Anson had when they were little. He was always very imaginative and always coming up with ideas on things they could do for fun. “Holy Sh*t!! Man, I’m surprised to see you!!”

“I’m surprised you’re still alive after hearing you went missing a few years ago. Then again when Amy told me you been stoned, I just had to mess around with you…… I mean help you… yes let’s go with that.”

Nicko turned around to see Faith walk up to him and also Jane, who was surprised to see that her Son was standing right in front of her. Nicko explained to Max about Faith and how she was his Niece, but let Jane speak for herself on seeing her son.

“Hello son, what brings you here?”

“M-mother? I thought you were… gone.”

“Back from the dead, b*tches!”

“.....Still the same even before you died.”

Everyone else in the room was flat out confused, so Jane and Nicko used the moment to explain everything. Gremmy, or as they knew him, was Max Anderson. Brother of Amy and Molly Anderson. It took some time to get reacquainted with everyone, but soon, the Visionary was glad to be seeing everyone again and enjoy everyone’s company.

One little voice though, caught his attention. “Hey, Gremmy. Would it kill you to warn me before you get summoned-?”

“Sorry Lotus. It happens.”

“Lotus?” Amy asked. “You didn’t happen to shrink the Spa Pony now, did you?”

“No, it’s my Breezie friend that I met a few years ago.”

“Yeah, we make the perfect team!!”

“Even though I do most of the work.”

“SHUT UP, GREMMY!!”

Time passed and it was soon around Ten o’clock when Nicko decided to return to his room to check on his things. But something seemed… off. He found a painting in the wall that looked like the bottom of a lake. But the painting had a hook going through it.

‘Sup, Little Nicky?’

“Eris, only Max calls me that.”

‘Well, excuse me… Prince. I was just trying to make the mood seem… Enjoyable.’

“Right…”

“Oh I see you have a genderbent version of Discord inside your head.”

Nicko turned around to see Max standing right behind him. “Dear god, you startled me! Just what the hell did you do, read my mind?”

“Pretty much. I imagine myself doing it.”

“Right… Well, Eris is actually Discord’s daughter. She’s been helping me a lot and were like Companions.” Nicko said as he turned towards the painting. “Now, any ideas on how that hook could’ve gotten in that painting Max?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Nicko looked at Max oddly as he tried to point out the strange painting and the hook going through it. “I’m talking about this. Found it in here a few minutes ago.”

“Oh that…..Lotus wanted me to do that.”

“Let me guess, Sarcasm?” The Rune Slayer asked as he tried to get on top of a couch in order to get closer.

“More like it would look funny.” Said Lotus.

Nicko chuckled a little. But coming upon the painting, he began to feel the surface being semi solid. Like a doorway or one of those paintings that represented the Levels in Super Mario 64. “Well, that’s interesting.”

“What’s interesting?”

“This painting is Semi-solid. Almost like a doorway to somewhere. Like on one of those old Nintendo 64 games.”

“Like Super Mario? Honestly, I never thought of it like that.”

“I’m going to check it out.” The Rune Slayer told his friend. “Mind staying here so if any of the girls asks where I am, you can tell them?” The Visionary nodded, envisioning a leather recliner seat and kicking back as Nicko slowly made his way through. Something told him though that this was going to be one hell of a story for some people as soon as he found out what was on the other side. Still, one question remained as he and Eris went through.

Why did they feel like they were underwater?


End Log 8

Author's Note:

Chapter 8 and written with ElementBrigade. Featuring Gremmy from Masters of Imagination. Thanks again for helping me with writing this man, And thank you everyone for helping support this story. I really appreciate it.