• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,785 Views, 188 Comments

Of Magic and Machines - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced Story] A young girl wakes up in a world she only thought was a fantasy. Only to realize that there's a lot more to it then she thinks.

  • ...
22
 188
 5,785

Log 12F- Seraph

Author's Note:

A few notes about Chapter 12. There will be two versions of chapter 12 coming from two different perspectives. This first one comes from the perspective of Faith and also another Displaced from NewUnitedEmpire, Nightmare Moon. Also, Faith isn't aware of the actual TV show, so she doesn't know anything about them if a character refers to them. Lastly, since her character is like a walking computer, you can alter the code in a program to get different results. The Code used in Faith's main system allows her to switch between different Source Codes (Job Classes) and use different powers

Next up: The Brothers and Nicko's teacher, Ryu.

Of Magic and Machines- Seraph


Castle of Friendship

Faith was right now trying to lay down and get some much needed rest. She had been through one crazy adventure involving a pair of ponies and a…… Persona? She couldn’t quite remember the name correctly since she was only twelve years of age, but didn’t really care at this point. Fortunately, for her now, she had the opportunity to meet Dinky Hooves. The one filly that her father had mentioned that she had as an imaginary friend throughout most of her life. Now, she wasn’t so imaginary after all since her dad allowed the two of them to be sisters.

Speaking of dad’s, her father had left with her uncle to go meet someone while she had spent her time resting, leaving Pinkie Pie and the Cutie Mark Crusaders to look after her. However, most of the time that this took place was with Faith resting in her room, leaving Pinkie and the girls to pass the time by messing around with Spike in the kitchen. For the Code Queen though, she herself had a return visitor.

Moments after laying down, she had seen a black wisp begin to take form behind her in the corner of the room. Soon, she heard a recognizable voice. “Hello again, young one…”

“Mr. Wraith!” Faith replied with glee. She wanted to hug the wisp, but then remembered that since it did not have a real body, she couldn’t do so. “It's great to see you again.”

“You too as well.” The shadow replied. “I never really had the opportunity to thank you yet for your advice the last time we met.”

Faith complimented the wraith, personally surprised that a suggestion of hers was able to help whoever this… thing was. Speaking of which, she never asked for his name! “Excuse me, Mister.”

“Yes, child?”

“What is your name?”

The room fell silent for a minute. The Black wisp was unsure if she should share this piece of information to the youngling given who he was and all the bad things he had done while he was alive. But then again, she had helped him a lot and had learned from her. He couldn’t just ignore her question.

“I had been called many things over the years that I had been alive… But, you may call me Sombra.” He told her. “Can you just keep this between us though?”

“Why, Mr. Sombra?” Faith asked, confused by the Wraith’s wishes.

“Over the years I’ve been alive, my name has gained a bad reputation for the things I have done while I was consumed by greed and power. Thanks to you, I’m beginning to turn a new leaf, but I don’t think that anypony else would think so. After all, only you can see me.” Sombra explained as calmly and carefully as possibly, not trying to confuse her. The Code Queen understood partially what the shadow meant, but didn’t care really about the stuff she didn’t understand.

“Hey, Sombra?”

“Yes?”

“If you don’t have anywhere else to go, then why don’t you stay with me?” Faith offered. “I know that my uncle allows Eris to be in his body and only I can see you. Plus, it’s a lot better than wandering around on your own with no one to talk to.”

Now the fallen king was surprised by this girl’s suggestion. Normally, these circumstances would have a dark entity like himself possess her. But, this girl was different. If the Spawn of Discord was able to try something like this and succeed, then he might be just as successful if he gave it a shot.

“Okay, but let me warn you, this might sting a little. Before we begin though, let me ask you something… Your name is Faith, right?” The girl nodded her head in response. “Faith, thank you for your kindness and generosity. It means a lot to me.”

Sombra soon faded away, turning into air that Faith breathed in as the fallen king was now a part of the code queen. He lost all the power that he once had when he lost his physical body, but the wraith still had his knowledge and he could be a guide to this young girl. It was a way for him to seek forgiveness without having to show himself to the Princess of the land. But upon entering the girl, he discovered a few things. Things that Faith herself didn’t know about. But before he could say anything, there was a knock on the door as a young earth pony mare walked in.

“Hey there, Faith.”

“Hey Applebloom. How are you?”

“Doing good. I was going to ask the girls if they wanted to walk around Ponyville, but Sweetie Belle has to help her sister and Scootaloo is practicing her swordsmanship with Amy so I wanted to ask if you could come along.” The Wind Sneaker was dressed up in comfortable winter attire that included a knitted scarf and sweater, each one with an apple sewn on it to represent the Apple Family. She kept her crossbow mounted on her wrist for if trouble were to occur, but given that it had been peaceful for the past few days, the earth pony saw it as unlikely for anything crazy to happen.

“Sure thing. I was kind of getting bored with sitting around here and resting. Plus, it would be good to get a walk in.” Faith told the earth pony mare as the two of them began to walk out of the Castle of Friendship and go around town. While walking though, Sombra felt like something was watching them with every step Faith took and every move she made. Soon though, as the two of them came out to an open field to the edge of town, that thing made it’s move. Jumping from the rooftops with weapons drawn.

‘Faith, behind you!!’

The Code Nemesis turned around to see who was going at them and to be quick enough to move Applebloom out of it’s line of fire.

“BULLET BLITZ!!”

The Assailant’s gunshots chased the two of them down as Faith was just barely able to use her spear blades to stop the bullets in their path. But who this individual was… That was another story. It looked nothing like a pony and more like a human. But it was hard to tell because of the mask on it’s face and the hood that covered it’s head. It had a cannon strapped to it’s back, but mostly seemed to be trusting it’s two pistols that it was holding.

“Who the hay is this guy and why is he attacking us!?” Applebloom asked Faith.

“I have no idea. Have you tried asking him?”

“… Good idea. Hey, hooded guy, why are you attacking us-!?”

Her comment was again interrupted by another gunshot, this time just bare inches away from the Mare’s legs. “Less talking, more fighting. My business isn’t with you, Earth Pony. Leave… Now.”

“Like Hay ah am!! This became my business the moment you attack my friend!!!” Applebloom snarled, priming her crossbow. “Now you’re just asking for me to kick your flank!!”

“Suit yourself.” The gunslinger said with a sharp tone as he reloaded his guns. “Let me warn you though, I don’t show mercy when I fight. So you two are in for a world of hurt.” A quick click was heard before the shooter aimed his weapons and opened fired. Applebloom herself quickly fired multiple crossbow bolts and coughed up some of the light snow on the ground to try and blind her opponent. She was going to go in for a powerful Drop kick, but was soon greeted by the enemy’s gauntlet holding one of his pistols in the air as her hoof made contact with his face.

“Sharpshooter Syndrome.”

Without warning, a burst of azure energy surrounded the Gunslinger, throwing Applebloom backwards as she violently slammed into a tree. “And that’s why the gun is mightier than the bow. Too bad she didn’t learn her lesson…… Now then, since we don’t have anything us that might interrupt us, you’re next.”

Applebloom’s attack did do one thing though. Leave behind a crack on the assailant’s mask as it crumbled away. But the hood of the gunslinger still covered his face. Faith brought out both Moby and Remy as quickly as possible the moment she laid eyes on him, activating Atomic Shield to provide her a temporary cover while she attended to her friend.

“Moby, is Applebloom okay?”

“For the most part. Unconscious, but mostly stable. Just a couple of broken ribs besides minor cuts and scrapes.”

“That’s good to hear… Now… Remy, what do we know about our enemy?”

“His armor is composed of the same materials as your spears, but seems to be only affected by Kinetic energy.” Remy relayed the information to her as the shield began to weaken. “I don’t have time to analyze him further. We’re going to need a plan of attack and fast before we get blown to pieces.”

It wasn’t enough time though. Faith’s shield faded away as the girl was knocked backwards by the shockwave of an incoming cannon blast. Whoever this person was, they were quick. Focusing on trying to smash her with his cannon, hands, and revolvers as he assaulted Faith with barrage after barrage of cannonfire, bullets and attacks. He was pushing her into a corner. Soon though, the Code Queen pushed her opponent away by activating her Iron Scraps ability in midair and sending metal shards outward like shrapnel. Sound of those shards cut into the hood of the opponent and tore it away. Revealing the person’s head. Both Faith and Sombra were equally shocked to see that this individual was not a pony at all, but instead, it was a human.

“Well that’s a first. Nopony has ever been able to remove the cover on my face before. That takes guts… and skill.”

“A-another human!? W-who are you?!” Faith asked, startled when the Chaser that was a couple years younger than her uncle talked to her.

“Who I am should not your most major concern. That concern should be how you’ll survive this fight.”

Faith did not have a lot of options at this point. She was beginning to tire out and most of her previous skills have been ineffective at dealing any sufficient damage to him. So the code queen did the only option that she had on her mind. Run. If she called for Sweetie Belle’s help or Scootaloo’s, more people will end up getting hurt and she did not want that for anypony. As she began running though, Sombra began speaking to her.

‘Why did you run!? You can still fight-!’

“No, I can’t. More ponies would get hurt if I tried to call for help-.”

‘I’m not talking about you needing backup. I’m talking about you needing a backup plan. And you have one.’

“I… do?”

‘Being in your mind allows me to look at all the knowledge that you have locked away in here. While peaking around, I found out that your body works like a device called a computer and changing the Source Code allows you to change your abilities.’

“Can you please explain that a little differently? I don’t get what you’re talking about.” Faith told Sombra, leading him to abruptly sigh.

‘Think of it like you’re changing different pairs of clothes. These other clothes allow you to change what you're capable of and how you can fight back.’

Faith looked at Moby and Remy, who was also hearing what Sombra was saying because of the Neurolink that was established with the Jewel on her forehead. Speaking of that Jewel, for Sombra’s plan to work, Faith had to manually put in a command into her own source code so the changes could take effect. She had a limited amount of time though as her pursuer soon saw her. Activating Atomic Shield again, Faith began to follow the mental instructions from the follow king as a holo screen popped up in front of her

⇒ Input command: SourceCode_Change_Mainframe:

⇒ Authorization code: Seraph

Code accepted, Engaging transformation.

Faith’s body soon became enveloped in a blanket of light as the shield faded away and the two drones by her side were also covered by the same light. The brightness and intensity of the flash caused her attacker to shield his eyes, only lowering his arm when the light began to fade. Electricity now crackled in the air as Faith emerged in her new form. She was no longer a Nemesis…

But a Battle Seraph.

“You dare try to harm my friends and you WILL get hurt.” She hollered as the Code Queen set out a few new devices that the Deadly Chaser had not seen before as they lined up and formed a miniature red triangle. Soon, Faith placed her index finger on it and fired a single Particle Ray. That one blast though soon grew to where the beam would’ve blown his head off if he wasn’t careful. However, this new Faith wasn’t done yet. In fact, she was far from it as the color of her shields began to change and more electricity surged around her body, beginning to take the form of wings.

“ENERGETIC HEART!!”

Soon, the Battle Seraph was using her fingers as sights and taking aim at the Deadly Chaser like how he was taking aim at her only moments before. Beam met bullet as the projectiles cancelled each other out. However, when Faith did another Particle Ray, the shields reaction to it caused it to split into multiple shots that fired in a few different directions. When she was going to strike him at a closer range, she heard her opponent speak only one word.

“Parlay.”

‘Faith stop!!’

She did, but did not know why she had too. ‘Why?’

‘The word he used is a code term used by the pirates of Horseshoe Bay. It calls for neither side to harm each other until negotiations are complete and attacking him would be disrespectful.’

“You did quite well, Miss. In fact, I was only attacking you to see what you were truly capable of.” The gunslinger holstered his weapons and strapped his cannon on his back as he spoke.

“Wait a minute…… So all this… was to test me!?”

“I was asked to see how strong you were if you had to resort to combat-.”

“WHO asked-!?”

“I can not say.” The Chaser said. “But, your friend should be waking up soon, so I’ll leave you with this. I hope you find it useful.” The assailant soon left, leaving Faith with what appeared to be a Crystalline diamond that was shaped like a crescent moon. There was a note attached to it too.

Stay Safe, fellow traveler.

-Arma

“Arma? Is that the guys name?” Faith asked herself as she pocketed the item and returned back into her Code:Nemesis form. She and Sombra were quite exhausted and needed some time to sleep.


Later

Faith pawed at the crescent ornament as she tossed it up into the air, before having it come back down for her to catch in her laid down position along the couch. Boredom had struck her. But she was also puzzled. Even though this seemed like an ordinary crystal, something told her otherwise and it was tempting her to mess around with it. Soon though, she looked at it alongside the orb that she had received from the Dragon she called ‘Nelly’. Something told her that the two objects could be somehow related.

All that was needed was something to prove it. Like a special kind of test. She tried her best to remember how Uncle Nicko had used tokens to conjure a portal in from of him time and time again and was right now doing her best to replicate the process. Faith felt that she was getting somewhere when she saw the crystal glow. But when the Portal appeared, it slowly began to pull her like a black hole.

“Nonononono!! This wasn’t what was suppose to happen-!”

Faith never had the chance to finish her sentence as she fell into the portal and it closed behind her, leaving the room completely empty.


Somewhere in the Dream World…

The dream world a place where the minds of those who sleep go. While the strangeness of this world is known to many it's however not as volatile as it is now. Any other time the night ruler would help along with other forces in the dreams to rid the nightmares however the thing currently within this world was causing the nightmares to manifest all over.

“Note to self never get hit by that rainbow ray.” The entity appeared as a Anthro Nightmare Moon and whoever saw her would be right to a point but this was actually a displaced, infused with her powers.

As she flew through the strange currents the nightmares within the dreams started to appear with some of them jumping out of each dream. “If I wasn’t still weakened form whatever happened I would leave so this could stop but I can’t.”

That was when she saw something… different inside of the world of dreams. A human girl. Lying face down on the ground in the distance and was just barely starting to get up.

“Wait what's going on?” She hadn’t seen another human in a thousand years. With that she floated down as a wisp of smoke. Appearing next to the girl. “Hello?”

The girl looked up, directly at the individual who spoke. “W-who’s there?” Even for a moment, Nightmare could hear the girl whisper to herself “Sombra, where are we?”. It didn’t take her long for her to see the Alicorn. But seeing the being caused her to back up in fright. Probably due to Nightmare’s beautiful, yet intimidating appearance.

“Where did you come from? I haven’t seen another human in a thousand years.” Nightmare could realize her the girl was a bit scared. “Its it ok, I’m well Nightmare Moon now.” She said looking herself over. The now part made in clear she wasn’t originally Nightmare Moon.

But Faith herself had no clue who this “Nightmare Moon” was. All she was in was a timid state of fear, causing her to drop the Moon like crystal that she had in her hands.

Nightmare Moon, however, recognized the crystal it fell out from her dress a while back in the castle of the two sisters. “Wait I remember this! I lost it from my dress.” Appearing was the elegant dress she was wearing for a thousand years and right there one of her necklaces the crystal fit. This Nightmare Moon… was a Displaced!

“T-this is yours?” The Girl spoke softly. “I-i’m sorry. I didn’t know it belonged to you-!”

“Its not your fault I really could have handled leaving the Moon better though and handled Luna a lot better.” Nightmare said with a blush.

“Who’s Luna?”

“The Princess of Equestria? Raiser of the Moon and the Lady of the night?”

“Uhh…… Do you mean Prince Artemis?” The girl asked, trying to calm herself down, but still a little scared. “He’s the Prince of the night and raises the moon where I-i’m from.”

Nightmare was honestly not expecting this. “Wait there is other Equestria’s? Wait so your world everyone is genderswapped?”

“W-what? No! What do you mean!? Oh dear Celestia, calm down Faith… You’re stressing out again…” The girl, named Faith, had to take a few moments to pull herself together before finally being able to speak clearly. “Where I’m from, Celestia had a brother named Artemis instead of a Sister. Besides that though, there aren't a lot of differences. They’re even in the same two legged form as you are.”

“That terminology is known as Anthropomorphic, Faith.” Moby told her as both he and Remy formed by her side to help her.

Now it was Nightmares turn to be confused by this. “Ok then so how are you here? You didn’t run so fast you broke into another dimension or did you end up in this universe by accident?” The three looked at each other, this woman turn mare didn’t know about the displaced?

“Wait… You don’t know about the Displaced?” Faith asked, a little bit surprised given the current situation. “Like at all?”

“What in the world is Displaced?” Nightmare asked. “Is that something like what I am?” She asked, pointing to herself.

“Well… How should I put this? …… Yes and no. Yes, it is; but no, it’s not just you. There are more than one Displaced out in the world, many of them in their own different worlds or versions of Equestria. I’ve met a few already alongside my Uncle, but I haven’t really met one on my own before. But let me introduce myself before you ask anymore questions. I’m Faith Nocte. Nice to meet you.” The Code Queen greeted, bowing before Nightmare as a gesture of kindness.

“Well Nightmare Moon, I guess I have to ask how you got here and also how far in equestria you are because I kinda am Nightmare Moon so I’m basically at season one.” Nightmare said listing her two biggest.

“I don’t know what you mean by seasons, but I can answer your other question. I believe I got here because of that crystal of yours. You know… the one that fell off your dress?” Faith said to her. “I believe it might be a token.”

Nightmare held it in her hand and was a bit confused. “So this got you to my universe? A simple gem? Wow.” Nightmare said as she wondered how that was even possible.

“Well, a token allows you call upon a Displaced and have you summon them or summon yourself TO them. I was trying to see if it had such properties, but next thing I know, I wake up in this place.” Faith sigh. “For example, this is mine.” The Code Queen held out her token, the Nemesis Blade. In Elsword, any player that was a Code Exotic that didn’t want to wait forever to change job classes could use the item to automatically advance to their second job. It would fit quite well alongside Nightmare’s current choice of… attire.

The extra charm that Faith gave to her was strung around a small metallic chain that would normally be seen to hang dog tags in the army. But it still served well as a good pendant to wear around her neck. “Using it allows you to call upon me for help and, with a little bit of practice, you can explore my Equestria as well. Again though, you may need some experience beforehand with it before you try anything crazy.

Nightmare Moon handed Faith the crystal back. “Thanks I guess you have to head home… How do we do that?” Nightmare Moon asked. Knew how back it seems her token wasn’t working right. “Do I need to get you out of the dream world first?” Nightmare Moon asked.

“What Dream world?”

“This dream world.” She said, all around them were nightmares and dreams creatures.

“This is a Dream World? I didn’t know that. I wonder if Sombra knew about such a place?” Suddenly, due to the worlds effects, a black stallion soon appeared next to Faith with a long robe like the robe of a king.

“Did you seriously had to do that?” came the familiar voice.

“Sombra!!”

Nightmare reacted by summoning up a long Black blade out of no were. “Sombra! Stand back!” Nightmare got ready to attack.

“Whoa whoa whoa!! Hey, put the blade down Moony. I’m not who you think I am.” Sombra retorted, backing up a little. However, what was surprising to Nightmare moon is when she saw Faith step in front of him.

“Don’t you DARE hurt him!!”

“Are you mad!? That’s Sombra, the season three villain and the crystal empire tyrant ruler!” Nightmare said, Sombra wondered what season three was. “Are you telling me he good in your reality?”

“No…” He said. “I’m not… I made terrible mistakes that I continue to regret. I had a family and I had a kingdom. The ponies that lived there loved me. But to protect them, I made a choice. One that I regret for the rest of my life. When I went away, my daughter Umbra took over my tyrannical reign, sickening me even more. The empire is free now, but I live with the mistakes of the past that I have made. Faith though… had helped me become a better pony. I want to help those in need now… Become a kind king.”

Nightmare gave a sigh. “You know, I have the feeling that I may have also changed my ways in Equestria.” She unsummoned the sword. “Luna became Nightmare Moon in this universe but instead of being banished the nightmare half merged with me on the moon, and Celestia exiled herself. I don't know if she rules Equestria with or if Luna been forced to rule alone.”

“It seems we’ve all been through some hardships.” Faith said. “But if I have learned anything from my friends recently, it’s that we can’t get past obstacles by looking behind us. To move forward, we need to look forward and be supportive of each other. If Luna is alone… do your best to help her. Let her know that she isn’t alone and that you have her back.”

“Help her with her responsibilities.” Sombra added on. “A workload for a Princess can be overwhelming… and one day, you can help bring Celestia back and show how you have changed. How you’re not the same as before.”

Nightmare gave a blush. “Well perhaps but you see while I’m not technically the person I did merge with those thing and plus….” She stopped herself. That secret must never been known. There was a child right there. She whispered a bit into Sombra hear without Faith hearing.

“Oh my… that is… something.”

“What is it?” Faith asked

“I’ll tell you when you’re older.” Sombra ensured her. “But in that situation… You should express to her your feelings. So how much you care for Luna. I believe she’ll understand you. Take it from somepony’s who’s had experience.”

Nightmare gave a blush. “Thanks… Listen are you really going to explain to her that.” Sombra whispered in her ears.

“If I did her mom will come at me.”

“Then explain to her the truth. Nothing can go wrong if you tell her that.”

Nightmare turned to Faith. “So I think you too should go however,” She took the crystal and it glowed as did the resther tokens. “This should allow you to enter and exit the dream world as well as call on me.”

“So does that mean I can talk to you in my dreams?” Faith asked. Nightmares response was a nod as Faith used the crystal to leave the dream realm. “Hey, Nightmare? Can I ask for two more of these? I want to give them to my father and Uncle when I get back.”

Nightmare Though for a moment how to do that when two more crystals formed in her hands. “Well here you go.”

“Thanks! Next time, maybe I’ll have them come visit with me.” Faith finished her sentence as Sombra returned to the girl’s body and the two of them left through the doorway she created. Faith’s last sentence still rang inside Nightmare’s head a little though.

“Did I just make a friend?”

Turn’s out, it seemed like she answered her own question. Because it wasn’t long until Nightmare realized where she was. And who was standing right behind her. Turning around, the Alicorn was staring face to face with no other than Luna herself. The Night princess had seen Faith’s departure, but had not seen King Sombra with her. Now, it was just the Two Alicorns that represented the moon in the Canterlot garden, looking at each other with the moon shining bright overhead.

Alone…


Back in Equestria…

Faith had a very interesting day if she were to describe it as such. She had fun with her friends and got the chance to make some new friends as well. As she prepared to drift off into her own slumber, she was seen with a smile on her face.

She was going to have sweet dreams tonight.


End Log 12F