• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 5,785 Views, 188 Comments

Of Magic and Machines - FrostTheWolf



[Displaced Story] A young girl wakes up in a world she only thought was a fantasy. Only to realize that there's a lot more to it then she thinks.

  • ...
22
 188
 5,785

Log 1- Reconnect

Of Magic and Machines- Reconnect


It was a cool and vibrant evening as a young girl was seen in her dimly lit room. She only had her desk lamp on in her medium sized room as the child calmly worked on her homework. Well, more like her final project before winter break. Thanksgiving had already passed and december was almost here. Plus, her teacher had a very special project in mind for her class project.

The students in her class were asked to come up with a creative story that had a beginning, middle, and end. The most creative story would extra credit in the class and be submitted for it to get recognized by the creative arts committee in their school district. However, the girl who had just finished her story was not doing it to get the attention of her sixth grade class. Instead, she was writing to tell a story; one that he dad had told when she was a little girl.

She believed in herself. All she needed to do was have a little-.

“Faith, come on down! Dinner’s ready!!”

“Okay!” The girl responded in reaction to her name being called as she made her way downstairs. Faith was hungry and could not wait to get started eating since she had worked on her project for quite some time.


Next Day…

The auditorium of Peacebloom Elementary was filled with kids and adults of all different ages, sizes, and grade levels. Today was the day where the 4th-6th grade classes was to present their stories to the general audience of students, teachers, and parents. As each student that was presenting had come and gone by class; presenting in alphabetical order by last name, Faith was beginning to feel nervous.

Like millions of kids across the United States and the world, Faith was on the autism spectrum. The neurological disability affected skills with communication and social interaction with other people. For Faith specifically, she would feel nervous when speaking in front of large crowds like the one that was here today. As she patiently waited her turn at the back of the stage to present, someone she knew decided to give her a visit.

“Hello, Faithy.”

The young girl turned around to see a man around six feet tall with black hair that had a touch of silver. He wore a winter coat because of the cold winds and the light snow that was beginning to come down outside. He also wore a pair of jeans and some standard shoes to go with them.

“Uncle Leo! I thought you promised to not call me that in school!!”

“Sorry.” Leo shrugged as he scratched the back of his head and chuckled. “I just wanted to show how much I cared for my niece.” The young man and girl soon hugged each other lightly and during this, Leo now noticed the two earrings that Faith was wearing. The almost looked like small robot heads, with one being black and the other one being white. “Hey, you’re wearing the earrings your father gave you-.”

“They’re not just “earrings”, they’re my good luck charms.” The Twelve year old told her uncle as she pointed to each of them. “This one is Remy and the other one is Moby.”

“You gave them names?”

“It helps me have more…… What’s the word…?” Faith asked, snapping her fingers as a mechanism to try to remember what she was thinking of.

“Confidence?”

“Yeah! Confidence!!” She nodded happily. “Now, can you please go? I don’t want to get in trouble.”

“Alright; alright. Good luck up there. You’ll do great.” Leo followed that comment with him walking out from the back of the stage. As he came out into the hall, one of the school staff members approached him.

“Excuse me, but would you happen to be Faith’s father by any chance?”

Leo shook his head. “Not exactly, I’m her Uncle. Would you happen to be her teacher, Ms. Leanne?”

The middle aged woman brown hair and dressed in casual attire nodded her head. Impressed. “Indeed I am. I must say, your niece is quite a talented student. She told me that she put a lot of effort into making her story.”

“She did; did she?” Leo asked. The memories of a good friend of his from when he was younger came into his head whenever he saw Faith acting very shy around other people.

“Yes. In fact, her story is up next.”

A small intercom through the hall went off moments later, “Now, with our last story of the day, please welcome Ms. Faith Nocte with A Tale of Twins.” The Auditorium boomed with a round of applause as the lights dimmed. For music, the tone was soft like you were in the mountain peaks as a light breeze could be heard blowing to accompany the sounds of nature that followed.

In the Midst of all this, Faith slowly walked out and let what appeared to be a traveller's cloak tumble to the floor. This motion revealed something that she would normally want to hide, but no longer had the fear of doing so. The dress that she wore was a mixture of Black and white with long black sleeve like gloves on her hands. But the most stunning feature surprised everyone in the audience, including Leo.

Her hair that was as white as Snow itself.

As she looked at the crowd, Faith opened a small book that looked like a hardcover journal. This was what contained her story. The sixth grade girl had to be calm and relaxed Once she reopened her closed hazelnut eyes, the storyteller began to speak.

Long ago, there was a pair of twin brothers. Both of them have lived in an orphanage since they were six after their parents mysteriously disappeared one night. Life wasn’t great for he two as every potential chance to become adopted went up in smoke. Even though it wasn’t their fault, the two of them blamed themselves because they thought that they somehow messed up without knowing it.

One day though, something strange happened to them and their best friend.

Each of them bought a seperate costume for the costume party that was being organized and set up for their eighteenth birthday. However, what they did not know was that somehow, each one of the three boys ended up in a different world. One similar to earth, but with a different set of rules.

The costumes they wore gave them the powers of the characters they chose to be. The first brother became a swordsman that could harness a powerful and rare source of magic; he was “The Rune Slayer”. The second brother had the power to summon multiple swords at once and was titled “The Infinity Sword”. Lastly, their friend had his left arm become fully mechanical and was just as powerful as he was a risk taker. He was called “The Reckless Fist”.

Days passed on from when they first came to this new world. They met others who also were brought to the world of Equus under similar circumstances. Both good… and bad. But the thing that surprised both brother the most was when they found the most unlikely of allies.

Their parents.

The brothers parents had been brought to the world they were in now to fight someone that had threatened the calm peace. But their efforts led to them getting trapped in stone for a thousand years. When they were freed, that same evil was also freed. One that completely lost all of his sanity.

In a powerful battle of wits, the brothers fought alongside each other and their friends and family in order to make sure this villain was defeated for good. However, he was too powerful for them to take on. He almost smashed the Reckless Fist’s arm to pieces, and left the Infinity Sword in a state where he could barely stand. The evil, known as the Diabolic Esper, was planning to do the same thing that was done to him and the boy’s parents all those years ago.

But the Rune Slayer had other plans. To protect his brother, he put himself in his place and was frozen in solid stone. He sacrificed himself and his freedom to make sure his dear brother could still fight…… And in the end, it helped him win.

Now, the statue of his brother serves to the Infinity Sword as a sign of hope. A hope for things to soon get better. All he needed to do was have a little bit of faith.

Because one day, the statue will begin to crack… and when it does, he will be there to see his sibling once again.

Seconds after Faith finished speaking and closed her storybook, the crowd erupted into a wondrous applause of both parent and student. She smiled as she saw her uncle clap for her, but also saw someone that she didn’t think would be here, He had red, spiky hair and wore a similar coat and jeans like attire as her uncle.

This was her Father. Anson Nocte.

His daughter was overjoyed to see that he could make it. When she walked off the stage, the young girl raced towards her dad and was welcomed with open arms. Anson hugged his daughter, very happy for her to be able to conquer her fear of speaking in front of an audience of people.

“I’m so proud of you, my little angel.” He told her as they began to walk to the car. It was time for them to go home.


That Afternoon…

After coming home sometime around 2pm, Faith handed her project to her dad and was greeted by the sight of her grandparents. Grandpa Luke and Grandma Ciela. They congratulated her as they had the little youngster play outside in the snow. It was lightly sprinkling white flakes of frost as it was the day before the beginning of December, but winter was coming early this year. It turned the Nocte’s backyard into a winter wonderland for Faith and her grandmother to play in and pelt each other with snowballs.

“She looks so peaceful… It reminds me of when we were younger.”

“Indeed. I remember it like it was yesterday, Leo.” Anson was watching his daughter from the kitchen window, holding a mug of coffee. Leo noticed that there was a look in his eyes that might tell him otherwise.

“You’re thinking about her, arent you?”

Anson sighed. “She reminds me a lot of Natasha, but no. I wasn’t thinking about her. I was thinking about Nicko.”

“Your brother? It’s been 21 years since then, Anson. Sometimes, you need to let go-.”

“But what about the ending?”

Now Leo was even confused. “Ending?”

“Faith’s story.” Anson explained, turning towards the final page of Faith’s project. “One day, the statue will begin to crack… I never told her that when I shared it to her… Do you think it’s true?”

“I don’t know, man. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

Anson himself just nodded. In the years since his adventures in Equestria, the human had gotten himself married to a woman named Natasha Collins. But eight years after getting married and six years after faith was born, Anson’s wife died after going into Cardiac Arrest. Now, Faith was the only things he had left.

She was beautiful, like a character from a fantasy novel. But from his experiences firsthand, fantasies could become reality.


Evening (November 30th)

Later that evening after dinner, Faith was in her room and looking through something she uncovered in the attic. It looked like a treasure chest filled with clothes and costumes. Something that made the young curious on what she would somehow find.

Her father was having a conversation downstairs with Grandma and Grandpa as well as Uncle Leo, so it gave her the time to look at everything inside since her bedtime wasn’t for another twenty minutes. Upon opening the chest, she was greeted by the sight of numerous clothes, weapon like props that looked really realistic, and other accessories. However, the one that really caught her attention seemed to be a small necklace that resembled a spearhead. It’s outline and design looked similar to the two earrings that she was wearing along with a headpiece she found a few minutes later.

“Heehee… looks like they match.”

The cheerful child then put the necklace on and continued to rustle through the stuff that was inside the loot chest. She later found some clothes that went along with the necklace and surprisingly, were in her size. Putting them on piece by piece and when she was fully dressed up, Faith looked at herself in the mirror and was amazed by her newfound appearance. She now believed that she was a powerful queen that could protect others instead of having others protect her. A queen of code… A nemesis to evildoers.

A Code Nemesis

She definitely liked the title after giving it some thought. It even got to the point to where she fell asleep with the new costume on. As she drifted into her dreams, she wondered what to get for her father for christmas. She wanted to find something that could make him happy. Very happy.

As she fell asleep though, something mysterious began to happen. The necklace and earrings she wore began to glow dimly. The glow began to spread across her body and cover her like a blanket, moving as the girl tossed and turned to make sure to comfort her. Then, once Faith had laid still, a silver light that was as dim as the glowing energy around her flashed in the room. The next moment, the girl who pretended to be a kind queen was gone. No longer in her room anymore.


Equus, Outskirts of Ponyville

It was a calm and snowy day for the citizens of Ponyville. It was only a few days until Hearts Warming and everypony was in the holiday spirit. The children were playing in the snow, the tree was being decorated in the middle of town square, and many fun moments were had by all. Especially if you were one of the ponies playing with the children.

However, not everypony today was cheerful and happy. In fact, onepony wasn’t glad, but the complete opposite. He watched as siblings played with each other, raced each other and threw snowballs at one another. Wishing that his sister would one day return.

That’s what the half pony/half draconequus named Chaotic was thinking through his head. It had only been a few years ago since his sister, Eris, was frozen in stone with the human named Nicko during a great battle. Chaotic had friends, but most of them were friends of his parents and were much older than he was. The Hybrid pony was only ten years old and he barely had any friends that were his age.

Sighing to himself, he began to walk away. Only to hear something else near where the borderline of the everfree forest was. For a moment, it sounded like nothing but hoofsteps in the snow. But as he got closer, he found something completely different.

He found a white haired girl, sound asleep on a bed of snow. She looked peaceful, but Chaotic was worried about if she was cold or not. His lion paw soon touched the skin of the girl and felt her body heat.

“Phew…… That’s a good sign.”

Moments after saying that though, she began to open her eyes. “Ugh… W-why do I feel… cold?”

“Miss, are you okay?”

The girl slowly began to open her eyes. Her vision was blurry and her hearing was just returning to her. She could hear the voice of the hybrid pony calling to her, but could not see him. “H-hunh? Who’s there-?”

Around now was when Faith’s eyes met Chaotic for the first time in the past few minutes. Faith herself, was a little scared by Chaotics appearance. She even tried to push herself backwards to gain some distance until she felt the trunk of a tree.

“It’s okay! I’m not going to-.”

“Y-you can talk!?!” The girl reacted, shocked and confused. Chaotic now felt like he messed up and he looked down as his assorted paws and hooves. He only nodded his head, not even trying to look at her.

“I-i’m sorry if I…… well…… startled you.”

“It’s okay, I guess.” The White haired girl now decided to stand up as she looked at the creature in front of her. “I just haven’t seen a creature like you before…”

“Well, I’m a bit of a rare case so yeah. That’s what happens when my father is a Draconequus and my mother an alicorn… Speaking of which, what exactly are you?”

“I’m a human.”

Around now was when Faith now noticed that the clothes she fell asleep in were still there, but also felt something strange. Like it was flowing with her body. That’s also when she noticed the Small blade like objects that moved with her back and shoulder muscles.

For Chaotic right now, hearing that this girl was a human gave the hybrid pony a flicker of hope. He had heard of other humans that had arrived in Equus being strong and brave with powers that could surprise anypony. Maybe this girl… could help him.

“Miss. What is your name?”

“I’m Faith Nocte. Who are you?”

“My name? It’s Chaotic.”

“And what is an Alicorn and a Draconequus? Are they like different species?” Now Chaotic looked at Faith with a confused expression and a raised eyebrow. Despite the circumstances, he honestly did not expect for her to ask that question.

“Faith… Do you even know where you are?”

“ ………… No, not a clue actually. All I know is that I’m really far away from home… I think.” Chaotic personally sighed at this. No wonder she was unfamiliar with her surroundings. The girl had no freaking idea where she was for chao’s sake!! Taking a moment, he cleared his throat and tried to think the words through before saying it to her.

“You’re in Equestria, Faith.”

Those words had Faith’s eyes widen like a kid who was told the truth about Santa Claus.

“Y-you mean I’m in Equus?!”

Chaotic nodded his head, answering her question. Faith had been told about the world she was in before, but on as one of many stories her father had told her over the years. As she took in the scenery, her eyes now had a look of awe and wonder.

“Oh my…… This place is beautiful.”

“Um, Faith?”

“Yes, Chaotic?”

“I know this may be a little bit much to ask since you just came here recently and all that, but can you help me with something?”

The human herself, upon hearing this, wondered what the hybrid pony needed help with. Matter of fact, her help. She only woke up here a few minutes ago and now this new being she just met recently wanted her help? Man, events here fly by very fast. She nodded her head, following up the gesture with asking Chaotic the question that formed in her mind.

“Sure, but what exactly do you need me to help you with?”

“Trying to find my older sister, Eris. She’s been gone for some time and I sometimes worry if she’s okay. I promise to answer any questions that you might have.”

The White haired girl really liked her odds on this one. It really didn’t sound too dangerous or exhausting. What was the worst thing that could happen?


Back in Canterlot, the holiday fever could be felt all across the mountainside city. But mostly, inside the castle of the royal pony siblings. Several of the guards, including Caliburn, Flash Sentry, and Nobleheart were helping Princess Celestia, Princess Cadence and Prince Artemis decorate the hall of Elements while Discord and Gleaming Shield were trying to decorate the royal tree for the upcoming holiday.

Again… Trying.

“I honestly think it’s a good idea. Why can’t you agree with me, Gleamy?”

“Discord, when we were asked to decorate, nopony had the intention of wrapping strings of Kettle Corn around the tree!!”

“Oh come on! I think it looks Festive!! Chaotic would surely like it. Wouldn’t you-?” The Spirit of Chao turned around, only to be surprised to not see his young son behind him. Normally, he would appear almost anytime his name was called, even if he was all the way in his room. Now though… this was quite strange. Ten year olds do not have hearing problems so where is he?

“Chaotic? …… Buddy? …… Hello?”

No response at all; Not even a little Peep. The Draconequus now looked a bit worried. Celestia now noticed this and turned towards one of the guards that was assisting her. “Caliburn, could you please go to Chaotics room and check on him, Please?”

“Certainly, your highness.” The Blade Master wasted no time making his way through the hall and out of the throne room. He remembered the floor plans of the palace like the back of his mechanical hand and the room of Discord and Celestia’s son was no exception. The door to the hybrid pony’s room was no exception. The door to the hybrid pony’s room was with a steel door handle and Discords seal on the front. Knocking on the door and not hearing a response, Caliburn opened the unlocked door and stepped on inside.

Chaotic though, was nowhere to be found. The room was completely empty.

The earth pony’s mind went into Alert mode as he raced back to the Hall of Elements. He had to break the news to the Princess immediately.


End Log 1

Author's Note:

The Adventure Begins