• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 2,160 Views, 38 Comments

Finding Starlight Glimmer - Stardom Freedom



Double Diamond sets out to find his love, Starlight Glimmer.

  • ...
8
 38
 2,160

Love or Revenge?

Double Diamond used his skis to get to the cave. Once there, he look at it nervously and started weighing his options. He could abandon his plans to save Starlight and just go home. Or, he could go in the cave and risk never being seen again.

"Love or life?" Double thought aloud.

He then remembered the mare that was freezing cold on the slopes, with no food, nothing to drink, no family. Starlight could be that mare right now. He also remembered when he let the mare stay at his house and the kiss she gave him. That's when he made his decision.

"I choose love!" he declared as he ran into the cave.

Meanwhile, Sugar Belle, Party Favor, and Night Glider were rushing up the mountain with Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Spike.

"Ya sure ya saw him coming here?" Applejack questioned.

"Yes! He was skiing down here! We think he's going to save Starlight!" Night exclaimed.

"She's right! He came to ask us about it yesterday afternoon!" Party agreed.

"Now that you mention it, he asked about the same thing too," Pinkie said.

The group gasped.

"We need to get to him, fast!" Twilight ordered.

The others nodded and ran faster.

Once they reached the cave, they gasped again. Nopony was there. All that was seen was a pair of skis.

"We're too late!" the princess observed.

***

Double walked cautiously through the eerie cave.

"Hello! Starlight? Are you there?"

He yelped as somepony jumped in his face.

"I AM NIGHTMARE MOON! WHO MAY YOU BE?" she hollered.

"D-d-d-double D-diamond," Double whimpered.

"WELCOME TO THE CAVE, DOUBLE- hey, wait a minute! Did you say your name was Double Diamond?"

"Y-y-y-y-yes,"

Nightmare began dragging Double by the hooves. "STARLIGHT GLIMMER! WE HAVE FOUND THE CREATURE OF YOUR NIGHTMARES!"

"Starlight Glimmer? She's alive? Can I see her?" Double pleaded.

"Maybe. If Queen Chrysalis doesn't want you dead."

"DEAD?! QUEEN CHRYSALIS?!"

Nightmare ignored Double and continued dragging him.

When she finally stopped, Double was in front of Starlight Glimmer. Even after her time in the dusty and dirty cave, she was still the most beautiful creature in Equestria in Double's view.

He wriggled out of Nightmare's grasp and began running towards Starlight.

"Get away from me," Starlight scoffed.

Double stopped mid-run. "What?"

"Get away from me, Double Diamond. I've changed. And now, I don't love you. Instead, I'm going to help the villains of Equestria spread their revenge on Equestria!"

"Villains?!"

Starlight clicked her tongue, and immediately, all the villains that took over Equestria or the human world appeared behind her.

Double shrieked.

"Yep, I changed big time. I'm a bad girl now. Well, a badder girl." Starlight smirked.

"Starlight, what happened? Why are you doing this?"

"Because of what the village did to me!"

"But I gave you mercy! And you just said that you loved me!"

"Well, Queen Chrysalis here gave me a pep talk about how bad love actually is," the mare pointed to the Changeling Queen.

"Thank you, Starlight Glimmer! I'm touched." Chrysalis smiled.

"But... Starlight, if you had a choice, would you choose love or revenge?" Double asked.

"Well, when you put it that way, revenge!" Starlight beamed.

Double's jaw dropped.

The Sirens approached Double.

"Any last words?" Adagio asked.

"Starlight Glimmer, no matter how many mistakes you make, I will always love you!" he admitted.

The Sirens used their singing voices to sing a high-pitched tune that blew Double out of the cave.

"Now that he's gone, we can spread our revenge across Equestria!" Nightmare declared.

All the villains piled out of the cave.

Author's Note:

DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!