• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,053 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,053

Welcome Home, Rayne

I wake up to the sound of the alarm clock. Oh, how I missed you, beeping... I get up, fetch some clothes and got them on. An 'Unstable' Dean Ambrose shirt, and some rugged jeans. Shows my little crazy, wild side. I then opened the door and heard a tap. Wait, a tap? I looked back and jumped. "AH!" I screamed really quick. Nobody was home since my mom is probably at the store up and early. I don't know why up and early, probably cause it's less crowded. And what did I scream at? A smiling Pinkie Pie at my window.

"Good Morning, Rayne." she said, waving at me with a smile. I get myself off the ground and brush myself off. "Sorry if I scared you, but that's a good way to get yourself up, right?" I had to say, that was a decent way...

"Yeah, thanks." I said to her. "Wait, were you there the whole time? Were you... watching me?" I would feel completely scared if she was, cause it looked that way.

She shook her head, though. "Nonononono." she said really fast. "I would never do that. That's just weird. I just showed up now because you were mumbling when you were putting your clothes on." I was mumbling? Wow, never noticed. Wait, was she- "And NO, I was not watching you dress." Phew.

I walked up to the window. "Why are you here, though?" I ask. "I mean, this is kinda random, or very certainly creepy. But this better be a good reason, cause I don't like to have this sort of thing happening to me." I really hoped there was, cause Pinkie was fun and happy, and if you lose a friend like that, you might not even know...

"Oh, just to check up on ya. Nothin' much!" Pinkie answered. I just shrugged. Alright. I go downstairs, and get myself a bowl of cereal. Froot Loops again. I continued eating away, and then just kick back.

*Pinkie's POV*

As soon as he got down, I decided to execute it. The plan. Operation: Welcome Home, Rayne! I made it all by myself! I looked back, and with eagle eyes, I see some kids on the other side of a fence. They were a part of the plan, so I give them a little code. I pull out my little mirror and made it reflect the sun, showing a bright shine. I then put my hand on and off the spot multiple times, until the kids saw it. They nodded, and moved on to the next checkpoint. I looked over at some trees, where I saw two girl scouts, out and ready for my other signal prepared for them. I do the old-classic signal: the bird tweet! I tweeted like a bird, and the girl scouts take notice. They zoom off, and that was just the beginning...

*Rayne's POV*

I just watched some television while waiting for the part where I ki- I mean, head for the bus. (It's a Portal 2 reference, he's not killing anybody. DUH!) I twiddle with my thumbs and wait more and more. Every...second...takes...FOREVER! This can't become the hospital all over again. I'm standing tall, I ain't laying on no bed. Eh, guess you gotta suffer through it when that time comes.

Finally the time comes, and I grab my backpack and head out. The sun shined bright and I felt like I was being burnt into oblivion, but I was fine afterwards. My eyes adjusted, and I made my way to the stop. And the best part: I have to wait! I pulled out my music-playing device that I loved with all my heart, and started listening to Everlong by Foo Fighters. Oh, how I love music.

But, I heard noises however... but it's probably nothing.

*Pinkie's POV*

Target in sight. I hid in the tree like a ghillied suit guy hidden in the grass. Looking through the leaves, there he was. Next part had to commence. The others went on out to alert, but I stayed to commence the others. They must know if we are to complete Operation: Welcome Home, Rayne! There was just another small bunch of kids waiting my little call. I pulled out a little ring bell, and struck it. They take action and go wild on their bikes to get to the next location where they must gather... the stuff. By the way, this bell is so fun! Ding! Ding! Ding!

*Rayne's POV*

Well... the bus seems to take its time. Time was now just going normal, I just finished two songs, Everlong and Alex Chilton (R.I.P. Alex Chilton), and it is still not here. What's the hold up? I wait longer, and now I was just begging for the bus to be here right now, since a breeze was now blowing. I was just whistling with the breeze, blowing on my bare arms, since this awesome shirt has no sleeves. But I bared with it.

Finally, the yellow shine caught my eye. Finally, the bus came. As soon as it stopped to pick me up, I got on. During the time, the bus was... quiet. Strangely quiet. I heard talking and music earlier before I got on, but when I got on, its like they immediately got muted. What's going on? Never mind. I just got a seat that was completely vacant, and I looked for Sunset, but she wasn't on the bus. Guess she was absent. Dangit. The bus then continued the usual route it went. Along with all the dead silence, of course. Seriously, was there something ugly on me? Why did the whole bus shut off? Again, I escaped the thought, and played some more songs and listened to it.

It then took a little longer for the bus to reach the school, since my stop was the last one. Honestly, why was everything being so slow and late? Or is it just me? I don't know, but I hope that the rest of the day is good. Like, fantastic or something. Something tells me that this was going to be a great day. To me I thought it was gonna be.

*Pinkie's POV*

Yawn. That's all I have to say. I mean, I wanted the bus and stuff to be a little long and whatnots, but seriously, come on! We were already prepared to the core, and right now I could finish like a tub of ice cream, with the inclusion of a brain freeze that can kill! Woah, OK, maybe went a little too far there, but really, we were all ready.

I just literally triple-checked. Choir: check. Band: check. Decorations and pretty stuff: checkity-check. Now all we need is the target: Rayne. Everybody was just hanging about, some looking at their phone before I told everyone to get in position, you know, if he came. I have little patience, as you can (probably) not tell. But, this was planned for a while now, and everyone all agreed to do this. With the help of the school and all of my friends, especially Sunset, we made this plan lickity-split!

I just have to stand out and battle with all the waiting for Rayne's bus to arrive, and then we'll be all good. We can execute the plan, make him happy, and tell him how much we missed him. That's how we treat heroes, so that's how we'll treat him. Give him respect he deserves.

*Rayne's POV*

Well, after minutes of driving, I do end up seeing the school just right then and there. Finally, we made it. We drove up to the spot where the buses drop us off, but before that happened, something looked strange. Has the school been decorated? I see a group of kids just standing there, like lined up for a special arrival of someone. Oh... Were they waiting for... me?

We drive up closer and closer, giving a more detailed look at the school. It has been decorated and there indeed was a banner stretched in front of the school doors. 'Welcome Home, Rayne' it said. They were. Guess they made this one be a surprise welcome home, right? I didn't see this one coming... Not one bit...

Soon, the bus stops and the driver opens the bus door. "Proceed to the front door." he said with a smile. Well, here we go. What did they have in store for me?

I walked up towards the front of the school, then seeing students, then more... then MORE! It's like everyone was here to welcome me back! Was I really that missed? Pinkie was shown on the top of a giant tree next to the school steps to the doors, where the crowds of students gathered.
"Welcome home, Rayne!" Pinkie yelled in excitement and happiness. "We missed you!"

Then, the choir sang, along with the band starting to play their instruments. Together they created a harmonic tune to welcome me back to the school. Now, I got lost in the way it went, so sadly I couldn't hear the lyrics, but I took my sweet time looking at everyone in such happiness. I saw my friends all grouped up, especially Sunset who was glad to see me be able to walk on these grounds again. The entire choir class with Ms. Filly and Mr. Randy, the bands playing with a smile on their face. I just wanted to cry... in tears of joy, of course! This meant a lot to me. To have all of this happen just for me coming back, you know how awesome it feels to have that happen to you? Just for you?

This was amazing... I couldn't believe this. I was so happy and so warmed up by this. There were no words. Then, the song ended in a couple of minutes. The school all smiled and looked at me as I stared at them. This was amazing.

I cried deep tears of joy, and smiled so wide. Sunset came up to give me a tight hug, in front of everybody! But I didn't really seem to mind, as the rest came to develop the biggest group hug of a lifetime! They all missed me... Then, Sunset said, "Welcome Home, Rayne."

Author's Note:

Enjoyed? Oh, and the idea by celticfire! Thanks, mate! :pinkiehappy: #StayAwesome And sorry for the long wait, guys. Something happened to proofreading, and I didn't wanna make this sound like it is on hiatus.