• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,032 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,032

Finally Released

I wake up one morning, or pretty much wake up at THE morning. The morning where I would wake up here for the last time. This was the final day I had to be resting here. I could go home, go to school, and have a good time continuing life. The nurses and docs have been awfully nice to me, and I was kinda getting to them, so I'll kinda miss them, I guess. But as I woke up, I waited. Waited for the call to get off of this bed forever.

I threw a ball to the wall, and it bounced back to me, and I caught it. Rinse and repeat. Back and forth the ball went, wasting time to get to the straight point. Waiting... waiting... wait, oh, never mind... I started to get a little agitated a lot, as the day seemed to be more slower and longer than the other days that I've been glued here. I even tried to sleep and take naps to make time pass quicker, but it wasn't working. Had to suffer through patience. But in the end, it will all be worth it. I believed so.

So, after time, it came to the doc opening the door. Oh thank Heaven. "Hey there, Rayne." he said happily. "I am very glad to tell you that in just a couple of minutes, we'll take a check on you, and give you either thumbs up or thumbs down on whether or not we'll let you go or not. Hopefully, you'll be fine to go. Gotta say though, you are once again pretty lucky that you are surviving and healing such a wound. Especially from a magnum." I chuckled.

"Yeah, doc." I told him. "Well, just make sure you get this check done nicely, and maybe I might finally feel how nice it is to breathe some air outside this place, you know?"

"Oh trust me, I know that feeling." the doctor said, then closing the door and leaving the room. I then started to wait patiently on the result. Released or stuck?

The doc came back to tell me the results after a nurse enters the room to check on me real quick. "Alright, Mr. Rayne," he said. "You are now checked out and stuff, and are hereby now released." I smiled. Finally. "You can take your bullet wound home and enjoy the rest of your life, son. Gonna miss you, though."

I looked at him. "You, too, doc." With that, I get myself up off the bed and exit the room. I walked out of the hospital, and into the city of Canterlot. "Baby, is it good to back?" I asked myself. "Definitely."

I catch a taxi, hop in, and tell the driver to head towards my house so I wouldn't have to make such a long walk home. "Alright, then." the huge taxi driver said, then driving the taxi towards home. I couldn't help but think about how this is going to be. I mean, it's not like a huge adventure where I've been gone for 10 years and I just meet my family finally, but I missed them for about a while. They got extra busy, so they couldn't visit me, but they called me and such, checking up on me. And plus, I missed my room and video games. So, yeah, hello home.

The taxi dropped me off in front of my house, where I stepped up to the door and knocked. After a couple of silent seconds, my mother finally opens the door. She had eyes full of tears, and wrapped her arms around me. "Son," she said. "You're home. I missed you so much."

"Missed ya, too, ma." I told her. She brought me in the house and I sat in a nice chair. My mom brings me a hot pocket for me to eat, and I thank her for that. I turn on the TV and start watching a show. After a while, it started to get a little boring. Though my mom was being nice and so happy that I was home after a while at the hospital, I kinda wanted my friends to start hanging with me. I pulled out my cellphone. Time: 3:16. The school day is done, so they should be done. I go to contacts and call Sunset.

The phone picked up, and there was Sunset's voice. "You free?" she asks, very sure of it.

"Yup." I said. "So, I was figuring if maybe the gang can come by my place, since the school day is over, after all."

"Surely!" she said. "I'll call up the rest of the gang to come over. Even Gavin, so we'll have another member of our little club."

"Alright. Talk to you later, I guess?" I said into the phone.

"Yeah, sure. Glad you're back, Rayne." With that I hung up my phone, and start to lay back and relax. I told my mom some friends are coming over, and she smiles. She says it's alright, and with that I felt pretty good. Got a nice welcome home, have some friends coming over, this was gonna be a good day. Tomorrow is what I thought of. Tomorrow was a school day, and I was wondering about how everyone at the school would act around me. I don't literally want to be the king of kings, or be the most respected guy that should be getting ALL the respect, I just wanted some care and show and stuff like that. Surely I was a hero, and with that, who knows how the teachers and students will act.

I hear a knock at the door, and I rushed to the door. After opening it, I saw everyone. Arin, Dash, Sunset, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Gavin, the new guy of our gang, I suppose. He was a dear friend, but never has been a part of our group before, and I wanted him in the group. Guess he's a member now.

"Sup, man." Arin said. "Glad to see you're all patched up, hero."

"You and me both, Arin." I told him. "To be honest with you, I thought I was going to stuck there forever." I chuckled, and let everyone in. When Gavin stepped in, I quickly handed him the laptop. "Never forgot." I patted him on the back and the British fellow walked in with a smile. "Wanna play some games? Got some up in my room." I asked them. They all nodded, and we went to my room.

Thankfully, my room was big, and I was surely shocked to see that everyone can fit nicely in this room. I turn on my video game console, and put in WWE 2k14, and everyone was pretty excited. "WWE?" Sunset asked.

"Eh, why not?" I said. "You had fun."

"I surely did." Sunset said in defeat. "Let's get this show on a roll!" I handed three XBOX controllers to Sunset, Gavin, and Arin. We were going to share, don't worry. I explained the controls and stuff, and we played. After many fun matches with superstars like Hulk Hogan, Santino Marella, Fandango, and a midget version of me (yes, I made a CAW which was a midget me), and we were having a blast. We encountered some fun bugs, crazy stuff, and everyone seemed to think of this as the most fun they ever had in a video game.

We played a little tournament, but before we began, my mother got us pizza, and I asked if I can just bring it to my room. She usually says no, but since I'm finally home after becoming a hero (and a victim), she gave me the thumbs up. We head back up and played the tournament. To my surprise, Gavin won the tournament after he did a lucky reversal on my finisher of my CAW Hurricane, and he took the victory as Wade Barrett. Again, this was really fun. We had fun having conversations and stuff, and it all came back. Our times together as a friendly crew going all crazy and having the best day of our lives. Nothing changed, well except for Gavin being added in the group, but I liked it. I was still glad we were still friends, and it felt ever so warming to me. Without them, I don't even know what would be me. Better than the people in my old neighborhood.

My friends had to go, so I wave off goodbye to them. Sunset gives me a goodbye kiss on the lips, then left. I smiled wide when she gave me the kiss, lasting on my lips. I then hit the shower, got myself in my pj's, then kicked back into my bed. How much I missed my bed. I jumped into it, covered myself under the blanket, but then thought. Thought of tomorrow. How would it be? I really didn't want super respect to me just because I have a bullet wound. Yeah, heroes get awesome praise by people, but I kinda don't want that super kind of respect, you know? Probably not.

Anyways, I laid there and wondered on how life would be continuing on. I have a bullet wound on my chest, was just released from the hospital, now what? Surely I might (possibly) make more friends, but I still thought of what else laid in front of me. What else life had for me. Like, the new me I suppose you can call me. I thought a little more about what's going to happen, but soon drifted to sleep. I was really tired, so I passed out. Tomorrow...

Author's Note:

Enjoyed?