• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,052 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,052

Date

I got really excited. I have never hung out with friends before. Like out of school, I mean. I felt really happy to hear that all of my friends are going to be there. Especially Sunset. I know it wasn't going to be just the two of us, considering I just said my friends were going to be there, but I kinda called this one a date. But one day it'll happen. *I waited for the time to come, and the day went pretty slow due to that. Ya, that sucks. But it came, finally.

Arin just texted me. Quote unquote: Yo, dawg, we heading out, broski? :} Oh, Arin, I wonder what other texts you've made. More likely, what you've planned for the future.

I reply: Yeah, I'm comin'. Don't you worry about that.

I walked out of the school. I then just meet up with my friends. "Hey, guys." I said merrily.

"So, are you guys ready to hang out?" Dash asked everyone. We all went wild after those words were said. "Let's hang then!" We start to walk to Sugarcube Corner, and along the way, Arin was close by Rainbow's side. I couldn't help but to stare at Dash blushing with Arin this close to her. Yet, it still swirled in my mind. Does she like Arin? I'm pretty sure she does, seeing this action, but maybe I'm wrong. Just have to wait, I suppose.

We made it to Sugarcube Corner, and Sunset gave me an out-of-nowhere peck on my cheek. She made a cute giggle. We enter the bakery, and start to find seats for all of us. We were lucky, as their was a huge spot with just the perfect amount of seats. I take a seat next to Sunset on the booth, and Arin takes a seat on the other side. Rainbow Dash was the last one to choose a seat, and the only seat was... next to Arin. She took the spot, and Arin looked at me, with his face red as a rose. Oh, Arin. Me and Sunset hold hands, and we smiled at eachother.

We start to chat then for a bit. But along our interesting conversation, Arin wanted to get something, and Sunset went to get something for me and her. Which led to just me and RD. Rainbow rubbed her arm, and started to turn pink. "Um, Rayne?" she told me. I paid attention to her. "So, Arin. Hehe. Uh, so how INTO me is he?" she asks. Well, Arin does surely love Dash. Very much. Should I say that? But then this popped up: is this suppose to be with if he digs her she'll have affection, or if he digs her it might be hard to say she doesn't like him? Why does this sort of thing bother me so much?

I said the words to Dash. "Arin's very much into you. He thinks you're cute and awesome. Ever since he laid eyes on you." RD looked down, scratching her rainbow hair. "Seriously, Dash," I started to tell her. "Do you like him or not? I want to get this one through."

Dash looked up, giving me an 'I dunno' look. "I seriously don't know, Rayne." she said with her voice cracking. "I really don't know..." She seemed to be really clueless at this point. Going back and forth on whether or not she likes Arin. But the gang came back, so we continued on.

We did some gossip, cracked some jokes, and had a jolly good show. We all very much did. We then just exited and walked to the peaceful park in the center of Canterlot. Me and Sunset sat on a bench together, and watched the sunset together. "Really beautiful." Sunset said.

I looked at her. "Not as beautiful as THIS sunset, though." I said. She giggled, and I leaned in for a kiss. We embraced the kiss, and we very much were losing our breath from this kiss. We broke up the kiss, and smiled at eachother. Sunset wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you, Travis." she whispered in my ear. "Especially for your bold bravery. You're such a sweet guy."

"Well, you're such a sweet gal." I said back. We tightened the hug, and then I see two figures near the fountain. At the fountain: Arin. Approaching it: Rainbow Dash. I felt like I knew where this was going.

(Third Person)

Arin sat on the edge of the fountain, looking into the sky, where a flock of geese flew. Rainbow approached him, blushing. "Hey, Arin." she said. Arin looked at her, and felt nervous.

"Hey." he said back. Dash sat by his side. He felt more nervous from this. It's kinda been a while since Arin first talked to Rainbow Dash. He makes good jokes, is fun to talk to, he's been a great friend. Especially to Rainbow Dash. They then sat there for a couple of seconds, trying to find words to say.

"So," Rainbow said. "Arin, how's the day going for you?" Arin shrugs.

"It's pretty cool, I guess." He looked at two birds, sitting in a nest on a tree. They seemed to be happy next to each other. Arin looked at this a little longer. He had a clutch in his mind. Should I tell her? Confess my love towards her? Arin thought. He had this grip for quite a while, but at this moment, with Rainbow being this close to him, after some time knowing her, he couldn't take it any longer. He finally breaks the ice. "R-rainbow Dash..." Arin said, trailing off a bit.

"Yeah, Arin?" she asked. She then knew what was happening. What he was going to ask. This made her blush slightly. And worry.

"You know, I can't hold it back no more. You're Rainbow Dash, one of the coolest and most awesome girls I have ever met. Ever since I laid eyes on you. And, well, I felt really nervous trying to talk to you, more nervous getting near you, truth be told. But, you're someone in my life I have never met before, and for that, I have to tell you something." He closed his eyes, and confessed. "I love you, Dash."

Dash blushed red. Rayne was right. Dash thought to herself. He WAS into me. Really good. This... this is gonna hurt. She started to frown a bit. Arin looked at her. He got worried by the sight.

"Dash?" he said. "I-is there a-anything w-wrong?"

Rainbow sighed. "Listen, Arin. You're a sweet guy, too. You crack jokes, really funny ones, you act cool, and you really are a great friend, but..." Her eyes were starting to water. This got up to her pretty badly. She really didn't wanna break Arin. Not at the slightest. "Truth is..."

Arin looked down, frowning. "You don't like me..." he said, disappointed. "I... I understand." Rainbow Dash looked up at him, and noticed him walking away towards a portable toilet. She felt really bad by this. She was afraid that she crushed Arin's heart. She liked him a lot, but she didn't love him. She noticed Rayne and Sunset by the bench, kissing again, and then hugging. Rayne then noticed her, alone. Arin was gone. This brought soon bad thought to Rayne. He had a good feeling what might of happened when he looked away after he saw Dash approaching Arin.

(Now 1st Person)

Oh no... Arin... I thought. I broke up the hug. "Hey, Sunny," I told Sunset. "Do you mind if I go talk to Rainbow Dash in private? Nothing against you, I promise."

"Yeah, sure." she responded. I then walk my way over to RD, who seemed to really think bad about something. I knew that something, I was very sure of it.

When I walked up to Dash, she looked pretty upset. "Dash?" I said. "You... alright?" I clearly knew she wasn't that alright. I couldn't really understand how she should be pretty upset about this. I mean, I'm sure she said no to Arin, and he just got up and left, to somewhere. Why should Dash be like this? Maybe it's just that she was feeling bad for him. I mean, it would've sucked if Sunset never liked me.

But, Dash turned her head to look at me. "I'm.. alright." she said. "It's just... I just feel bad for this. Arin said he loved me, just like you said, but thing is: I didn't love him back. He just got up, and walked away. He went into the portable toilet over there." She looked down at her feet. "I mean, it just seemed hard to tell a guy who likes you a lot that you don't like him the same way back. I mean, it can crush someone really deep. And for a friend, I don't want that happening to Arin." I completely understood. Again, I would be crushed if Sunset never liked me back. "You kept asking me whether I liked him back because you told me he liked me, and it just kept hurting! It's-" She was then cut off. Arin stood right there. He listened. He listened to hear about this. How I told her.

"Rayne," he said, clutching his fist. "I thought we were friends, great pals, buddies forever. But you seem to spill secrets like it won't harm. You know what I mean." He stared at my eyes, very angry and upset. "You told Dash about my love for her. Yeah, like I really just did THAT for all of your stupid crushes back then. You know, I appreciated the friendship we had for the while, but it seems like it has been broken now. I don't care if I'm taking this stupidly or way too much, but Travis, you TOLD my love about my feelings for her, and to me, that just seems sick! Travis, why?" He seemed actually stunned and crushed by this.

"Arin..." I told him, reaching out a hand to touch his shoulder, but he slapped it away, and left. Just like that. Rainbow felt much worse now. She had just a tear in her one eye.

"Arin, I'm sorry! We can be friends, right?" she told Arin, walking away. He ignored her, and left the park. I didn't stop him, I let him go. And soon, he was gone. Everyone else noticed, and came by us to see what was going on. We both explained what happened, and soon Dash felt quite more heartbroken. Well, that seemed like a bad way to end the day. Losing a friend. A best friend.

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! Hope you all enjoyed! Check out my other stories!