• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,052 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,052

Invited Over

Time after that passed by even more. A week passed, yet nothing changed. Me and Sunset still talked, we still practiced our voices for singing, but though, I kept a dead eye on Bruin, being aware of him. We kept away. Also, better yet for Arin, as he made Dash one time by being a little like himself. He feels more confident and better around her, which I feel happy for him. But yeah, things passed on by. Though this day got me by shock. Never saw it myself.

So, the day passes by into math class. It was a Friday, and we were doing algebra work. This kind of work was more harder than the last one, but I still kinda got the hang of it. Though everyone pretty much didn't, and I couldn't blame them. This was a menace to conquer. But we were all in a group of three, and it was me, Sunset, and some other girl named Abby, who was pretty funny I'll have to add that. But, she had to use the bathroom quick right after we finished the last problem, and so she went up and left, leaving me and Sunset. We still had time, so we can talk quietly, but so, Sunset elbows my arm. "Hey, Rayne," she said. She was blushing barely before she was going to say the next words. "I, well, I have made up a sort of slumber party of some sort at my place tonight with my friends, and, so uh, I wanna ask you, do you wanna come by for the night?" Sunset then brought a smile, and I sat there wondering. Will my parents let me stay over at a girl's house literally for a night? Or my mom, I should say, considering my dad works long hours tonight.

I scratched my chin, then answered. "Let me see what I can do. I'll find some free time to call my mom." And so it was settled. At lunch, when we have the time to go outside, I'll hide and call my mom quick to see if I can go by Sunset's! I'll be like the only dude, so, oh boy.

The math period passed by, and when it all came to lunch, I sat with the gang again. Arin included. Arin sat eating his lunch, as we talked for a bit, then Sunset asked, "So, you going to call your mom to see if you can come over to the slumber party?" She smiled. Arin froze.

With an almost mouthful of food, he said the following, "What do you mean, slumber party?" Sunset then explained the slumber party, then Arin asked, after swallowing his food, "Well, can I be added to that slumber party, Sunset?" Sunset nodded, and Arin seemed to be happy about this. Probably since Rainbow is over at the slumber party, so maybe they can hang. "Sweet." he said.

But the teacher let us have a chance to enjoy the outdoors, and I used this time as a time to call my mom and ask her whether I can go or not. I pull up my phone after I hide behind a large bush. "Hi, mom." I said as I heard the pickup.

"Honey, what are you doing calling me?" I then explain out this slumber party, including telling her about the people who are in it. After I was worried that she'll say no, she said, "Yes, of course, honey. I'll tell your father when he gets home that you are over by your friend's place. Have fun!" She ended the call, and I whooped in happiness.

I went back in the cafeteria, in which Sunset asked, "Did she say yes?"

I respond, "Yes. I'll go by your place when we get going home." Nice. It was settled. I'll go over by Sunset's place, and sleep the night right there. Now who would've guessed of having that happening, am I right? Slumber party at my crush's place. Heaven just granted my holy wish. Thank you. But with that, I was wondering, whether or not I should make that move on Sunset tonight. It just feels like a special moment, doesn't it? Maybe this is a sign that I should do it. Kiss the girl. Have a time of my life over there.

But with that going on in the mind, choir happened again, and we did our parts. I sung the lyrics of 'We Are Young' in a more fabulous voice than before, thankfully, and Sunset sung the lyrics of 'Blank Space' in a more beautiful voice than before. It was all leading up to a moment in our lives. Which then, I started to think about that one duet thing that our teacher told us about. Where we will choose a partner and hang about singing a duet, and have a chance to represent the school in the state tournament! Or something about like that. I wondered if Sunset was thinking about the same thing. Probably, probably not. But that was way ahead into the future, the time which we don't know what will happen. Such as the possible future of me and Sunset being a one a kind couple.

Author's Note:

Hope you all jabronies enjoyed! Follow me, favorite this story, like this story, do whatever to your heart's content! :twilightsmile: Oh yeah, and sorry for the small chapter, though. :twilightblush: